STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

La Traición y el Complot de la Pólvora

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Martha Williams was seated behind the reception desk of the Hay Adams Hotel in Washington D.C. The lobby was beautiful. It was clad on old, dark wood. The freshly-cleaned cream-colored carpets had seen many guests of the years, from Kings and Prime Ministers to billionaires, millionaires, and scam artists trying to impress their clients. To the hotel, it normally didn't matter who was staying there, as long as they could produce the money needed to keep holding onto their rooms. Martha was taking care of her mid-day chores, which included making sure that guests had checked out of their rooms on-time, as well as taking account of new guests that would be arriving later in the day. While it was against official policy to eat at the reception desk, she had worked at the hotel so long that she knew which rules she could get away with privately breaking. She carefully popped a M&M into her mouth, being sure to save all the red ones for last.

A lone man walked in. He was on the slender side and was wearing a dark suit with an equally dark tie, and a navy blue dress shirt. The collar button on his shirt was not buttoned, and his tie was just slightly loosened. He looked to be about 35 years old, probably closer to 40 than 30. His cold blue eyes matched his shirt, while his shorter brown hair was fashioned, but not as obnoxiously perfect as the news anchors and politicians that infested Washington. He was reasonably tall, probably approaching or just making it to six feet high. He had no facial hair, and was clean shaven, but he did have a light tan. To Martha, he looked like some handsome millionaire that would have flirted with her in her younger days. Now, she could only pretend not to notice when men turned to glance at other women.

"Good afternoon, ma'am," the man said to Martha as he walked up to the reception desk. His accent had a slight southern twang to it, her best guess was that he was either from West Virginia, or southern Virginia. Martha quickly set down her M&Ms and stood up.

"Welcome to the Hay Adams, sir. How can I help you today?" she asked.
The man, who was on the slimmer side, hooked his right thumb between his belt and his pants and, while doing so, moved back his suit jacket a bit which revealed a bronze badge. "I'm Deputy U.S. Marshal Blake Majors. I'm looking for a man named Matias Gomez, he may be going by the name Jacob Lopez. Have you seen him?" he asked as he pulled out a small photograph from one of his hidden suit pockets and showed it to her. Martha carefully looked at the picture and shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm sorry marshal, I had last week off. Today is my first day back, so I haven't seen all of our guests - I haven't seen him. But I can check our guest list to see if either of those names match... I was actually just going through the list now," she said.
"That would be perfect, thank you, ma'am," Blake said as he watched Martha sit back down and start browsing through the list of guests.

"Has this man done anything wrong?" she asked.
"I just need to talk with him, it's just about some procedural things," he said, blatantly lying.
"Oh that's a relief," she said. "Oh look, there is a man here under the name... Jacob Lopez. He's in room 213."
"Thank you, I'll see myself in," he said as he walked past the reception desk and made his way to the elevators. He looked around, and spotted where the staircase was as well just in case he'd need to use it.

Blake took the elevator to the second floor, went down the hallway a few doors, and found room 213. He saw a maid-cart down the hallway, and walked over to it. The door to a room, which someone had probably recently vacated, was open. Inside, a woman was cleaning the sink in the bathroom.
"Excuse me," he said, just stepping into the room. The maid turned, somewhat surprised, and hoped that she hadn't just come into a room that she wasn't suppose to.
"Yes sir, can I help you?" she said with an Eastern European accent.

Blake showed his badge to her and said, "I'm a U.S. Deputy Marshal, would you mind helping me open one of these rooms?"
"Oh.." she said, momentarily contemplating if she should say yes or no. But she figured that if he got past the front desk, it was okay for him to be there.
"Sure, let me get my keys," she said as she walked into the main room and picked them off of the bed. The "key" was actually a plastic card, but it worked as a skeleton key for every guest room.

Blake would normally have a few other people, at least, working with him on an investigation like this. But the Marshal's service was spread thin at the moment around the country, as was the FBI, because of what had happened at the Capitol. He was actually suppose to be working on a different case, but he had a hunch due to some surveillance film he had gotten his hands on, along with a partially destroyed train ticket.

The maid went over to room 213 and unlocked the door. Blake quietly said thank you, and opened it. He could hear that the TV in the suite was on. "U.S. Marshal's Service! Show yourself!" he shouted into the room. He drew his gun from his holster and cocked back the hammer. Blake heard some movement, and then nothing other than the television which was on CNN. He slowly walked into the suite, which was large. It not only had a full-bathroom and a bedroom, but it also had a a kitchenette and a small livingroom which was where the TV was. However, just as he walked into the living room, a man came at him with some black object in his hand, and hit Blake over the head with it. The plastic alarm clock cracked and partially shattered when it hit the ground. Blake fell down as well, with a bleeding head now, but he was still a awake. The man jumped over him and ran out into the hallway.

Blake got up, stumbled a bit, and then pursued after the man into the hallway. This time, he was a bit more careful. Blake took out his cell phone and call back to headquarters in Washington, as he stepped into the hallway. "Gomez, freeze!" Blake shouted, but the elevator doors were already closing. Blake darted towards the stairs, and flung the door open as he started running down them. He made it down shortly after Gomez did. Gomez was already talking to two police officers who happened to be standing in the lobby (this wasn't uncommon for public buildings near the White House) and pointed at Blake who was still holding his gun.

The attention of the police turned to Blake, who just looked to be an armed civilian. Both of the officers drew their weapons, "DROP IT!" one of them shouted as they both aimed at Blake. Gomez briskly walked past reception and to the front door of the hotel. Blake kept perfectly still and said across the lobby - which was luckily lightly occupied at the time with terrified guests - "I'm a U.S. Deputy Marshal, let me move my coat slowly and I'll show you my badge," he said.
"Nice and slow, buddy," one of the D.C. officers said. They both saw the badge, and approached Blake with their weapons still drawn. Once thy were close enough to realize it was real, he took out his credentials and flashed it at them. No one picked up his cell phone.

Blake looked at the door of the hotel which was just closing as Gomez started to run.
"Put an APB out on Matias Gomez - M-A-T-I-A-S Gomez, that's him over there!" he said as he started running.

Blake shoved a guest out of the way and swung open one of the majestic doors to the hotel. He looked to his right and then left, and saw Gomez running down 16th Street. The man was wearing a suit, minus the tie, and a white shirt. He head a neatly-trimmed beard. Blake started running after him and tried headquarters again, this time someone picked up. "Gomez, I'm chasing after him - I'm on 16th Street, heading north on foot. I need backup, I need anything. He's in a suit, white shirt, no tie. Hispanic male, about 30. He hit me over the head," he said to his chief as he sprinted after Gomez. Gomez ran up to a cab and shoved a man who was about to get in aside. The cab made a u-turn and started heading north on 16th street, away from Lafayette Square.

"He's in a cab, number 6172!" he shouted into the phone before putting it into his pocket.
He looked around, and saw a parked U.S. Capitol Police car with a uniformed officer leaning against it, probably waiting for his shift to end so he could drive back to the station.
"Hey!" he shouted, badge in hand as he ran across the street, dodging traffic. The officer turned towards him and instinctively put his hand on his gun, which was holstered, and looked in his direction.
"I'm a Marshal! Fugitive in the yellow cab! Let's go!" he yelled at the officer as he ran towards the vehicle.

It took a second for the cop to register what the marshal had said, but seeing his badge was enough to convince him. The officer got into the police car, as did Blake, and turned the key. It struggled to start at first, and took two more tries before the engine kicked on. "Code 3, let's go!" Blake said.
The cop flipped on his lights and siren and floored the gas.
"What cab, what cab?" the cop asked.
"6172, yellow! That one on the left, it's taking a left!" he said.

Blake took his phone back out of his pocket to see if anyone was still there. He was connected directly to dispatch now, "He's in a cab, he just turned on M-Street, heading west. The cab is going fast, he might be armed," he said, a bit of blood now dripping down from his forehead and just to the left of his left eye. The cab was definitely speeding, at least the best it could, and the traffic was ironically getting more in the way of the police car than the cab. D.C. traffic tickets were notorious for being overly-expensive, and everyone was afraid they were going to be the one to get pulled over. They started to fall more behind, until finally they caught a break at Scott Circle and were able to cut across to Massachusetts Avenue (heading north east). Blake continued to update dispatch as they made their way closer to the vehicle, but still too far away.

The cab went onto Dupont Circle and exited onto New Hampshire Avenue Northwest. "Oh shit," Blake said to himself once he realized what Gomez's plan was.

The cab cam to a screeching halt just across the street from the Argentinian Embassy. "Thanks, you've been a big help," Gomez said to the cab driver. As promised, he produced three stacks of bound cash, and handed it to the driver. Then, he jumped out of the cab and ran across the street. He pulled out his passport and ran to the front gate of the embassy, waving it.

He shouted in Spanish, "I'm Argentine I'm Argentine!" as he ran towards it. The Capitol Police car finally turned onto New Hampshire Avenue. Blake saw Gomez running across the street and up to the embassy. He took out his gun and shouted for the officer to get them right next to the embassy. Blake also updated his dispatch. A helicopter and ten backup units from the U.S. Capitol Police, the Secret Service, and the Marshal's Service were already en route, and the FBI would probably be involved soon.

As Gomez approached the gate and showed his passport, the police car came zooming down New Hampshire Avenue. The police car screeched to a halt at the intersection of Q Street and New Hampshire. Blake waisted no time and jumped out of the vehicle, with his gun drawn. "Federal agent, freeze!" he shouted at Gomez as he tried to cross the street and nearly got hit by a car. Gomez was frantically showing his documents to the person at the entrance of the embassy. The gatekeeper now had to decide whether or not to allow Gomez in. He clearly was indeed an Argentinian citizen, and his passport and other travel documents were legitimate and up to date.

Naio90

Last edited:

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The argentine embassy in DC was in an older 3 story building with a small front yard and a paved driveway, with an annex for additional staff and more regular duty right around the corner. Right outside the black gate that led to that part was a small security cabin, occupied by DC police. As dictated by general procedures, Argentina relied on the host countries forces to provide security, as dictated by the 1963 Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations. The guard, had been given general instructions on who to be let in and who not. Usually consular work was being done in the annex building 50 meters away, but it was not unusual that argentine citizens showed up at the Embassy itself for special meetings or events.​
DitZHamVQAAPXvz
So, after this strange individual showed up and managed to produce his argentine passport, accompanied by hecic explanations that he had to enter the embassy, he was allowed into the grounds in order to be received by a secretary to check what this argentine citizen wanted.​
The moment he made 2 steps into the gravel, the shouting of the US Marshall crossing the street (and nearly getting run over by a white Prius with a Washington Wizards bumper sticker) were heard. The guard looked over to the Marshall, then back to the argentine, and then he realized that maybe he was too quick in letting him in. He also realized that dragging him out of there could only worsen things and even make this maybe small police incident into a diplomatic incident. He was payed too little for this and wanted to be back at his home for dinner.​
The argentine citizen leaned against the white stone walls of the embassy, still with his passport in hand, with a grin on his face realizing that, at least for now, he was safe. Seconds later, with the whole police parade outside, and the impossible-to-ignore sirens, embassy staff came out to see what was happening.​
A female argentine administrative attaché would ask in spanish what all this was, and demand the argentine citizen to identify itself, while two other colleagues would also show up. One would stand by the attaché, while the other would approach the gate and ask the guard whats was going on. On the second floor, other staff embassy were looking out from the windows.​

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Gomez, who was now satisfied that he was at least safe for now, showed his passport to the female ataché and explained to her that he was an Argentine citizen and that the agent she saw chasing after him had been stalking him for a week now. He said that the American agent was convinced that he had committed some crime, but that he had no proof and probably didn't even have authorization to be conducting the investigation that he was. Gomez said that he just wanted to go home to Argentina and see his mother, and that he was tired of facing this harassment in the United States. If the diplomatic staff would decide to take the time to look into Matias Gomez, they would easily be able to confirm that he had Argentine citizenship (as well as an American) and that he had no criminal record in Argentina. His emergency contact was listed as his elderly mother who lived in Argentina. He made it clear to the diplomatic staff that he just wanted to go home to Argentina.

Meanwhile, Deputy Marshal was standing right in front of the embassy with his telephone in one hand and his gun in the other. He holstered his weapon as he spoke with his superior over the phone. He explained exactly what happened, and said that he was first on the scene and would be the ID agent. Within about five minutes, the embassy staff and residents of Washington would hear and see two FBI helicopters and one D.C. Police helicopter flying around the embassy. The sun was still up, but all three helicopters did have search lights in the event that the incident went into the evening or night. The FBI helicopters also had infrared hardware and night-vision.

About a dozen D.C. police cars arrived and closed off the intersection that the embassy faced, as well as the roads about 200 feet in either direction. Armed officers went on foot and also secured New Hampshire avenue behind the embassy, but made sure to not go onto embassy property. The uniformed division of the Secret Service (which had the responsibility of protecting embassies and diplomatic missions in D.C.) arrived along with agents from the FBI and a dozen U.S. Deputy Marshals. Q Street was lit up in red, white, and blue lights as the police vehicles parked and closed off the road. The local police officers weren't all sure what was going on, and the three federal agencies now involved weren't sure who was in charge of the situation.

Blake found the FBI's special agent in charge and immediately spoke to him while some of the responding marshals huddled around as well.
"If he's a fugitive, then he belongs to the Marshal Service," said the special agent in charge. "Can you give us his information? We'll update the APB and put out a federal warrant for his arrest. I already have a team working with the city to make sure there's no underground passages to and from the building," he told Blake, who handed over all the information on the guy that he had. The Secret Service, on the other hand, was very uncomfortable with the massive police presence in an area that was almost exclusively dedicated to international embassies. Someone made a call to the Department of State, and within ten minutes, the Secretary of State was getting involved.

Blake and a couple of other marshals stood outside of the front gate of the embassy, hoping that someone would come talk to them so that they could explain what was going on.
Naio90

Reactions: Jay

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
With all the chaos and the arrival of dozens of police units, and later also helicopters, the head of chancery of the argentine embassy in DC (the second in charge, just below the ambassador) would finally leave the building and request to speak immediatly to the person in charge of this operation in order to know what was going on and why there was a display of armed men surrounding the embassy, while there were no weapons inside the Embassy and on the argentine-american citizen who run in (he was throughly checked).

At the same time, Gomez was brought inside, where he would be questioned privately by another argentine diplomat, who would first request all documentation he had on him to identify and run some background checks.

As for now, with no clear motive for all this display, the argentine staff would deem the operation way to overkill for the situation.

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Blake's boss, the Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal for Washington D.C. arrived at the embassy not long after the other emergency vehicles did. He stepped out of his vehicle and hung up his cell phone - he had been talking on an encrypted line with the actual U.S. Marshal for his district, who had just gotten off the phone with the Secretary of State. He was now the most senior law enforcement official on the scene.

"What the fuck is going on here!" he yelled to the agents and marshals gathered just off of the embassy grounds.
"Sir," Blake said, "Gomez is inside the Argentine embassy. He hit me over the head when I tried talking to him in his hotel and ran here-"
"Oh not this Gomez shit again," the Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal said as he walked up to them, and resumed talking to them in a more common, but agitated, parlance.

"I had him on video, and I got records from Treasury and Chase... He's the guy, he laundered the money. Not to mention," he said, pointing to the dried blood that had run down his face, "he assaulted a federal officer."
Chief Deputy Marshal Andrew Weber briefly looked over Blake to make sure he was alright and nodded his head, "If you're wrong about this, it's going to be your badge," he said. Blake nodded in agreement - he was confident. Blake and the others stepped back from the front gate of the embassy, while Weber stayed up there to talk with the Argentine diplomat.

Weber greeted the Head of Chancery, and said that he was the highest-ranking officer on-site at the moment. "I'm Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal Andrew Weber. I'm sorry for all of this commotion - but there is a federal warrant out for the arrest of the man who just went into your embassy. His name is Matias Gomez - he's a dual-citizen of Argentina and the United States, and has been going by another name, 'Jacob Lopez'. He is wanted for... suspicion of treason, as well as murder, and assault of a federal agent," he said to the Head of Chancery as he briefly looked back at Blake who was only 15 or 20 feet away, and still had dried blood visible on his face. While he technically did not have to disclose the following information, he felt that it would help explain why there had just been such a massive response for one federal fugitive.

"We have evidence that directly ties him to the attack on the Capitol Building. I can assure you that we will not violate the sanctity of your embassy, regardless of what happens. However, I'd like to formally request to you and the ambassador that you turn Gomez over to us so that we can arrest him and question him," he said.
Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The argentine Head of Chancery would listen carefully to Chief Deputy Weber's explanations and information.

"I see, this is a very ackward situation. These are very serious allegations against this Mr. Gomez. The only thing we know for sure at the moment is that he is holder of an argentine passport that looks prima facie legit. Our intention is to cooperate with the US and resolve this issue without provoking any major diplomatic issues between our countries. We will have an interview with this Mr. Gomez to see what he has to say, and do a more detailed check on his documentation and personal records. We also must inform Buenos Aires from all this situation. I would recommend you to involve the Justice Department and your Secretary of State, since this might result in a formal extradiction request."

--------------------------

In the meantime, another argentine diplomat, accompanied by two adminsitrative attaches would be in a small room with 2 wooden desks and some bookshelfs, clearly a workspace quickly improvised into an interview room.

The diplomat would politely address Gomez:

"Mr. Gomez, can we offer you a glass of water or a coffee? We would like to talk a little about your situation, hear your side of the story. Also, can we have your passport please, and any other argentine documentation you might have with you? This is for us to do some checks."

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Chief Weber pulled out his business card and offered it to Head Chancery. "I understand that there are now diplomatic protocols that need to be met, and I appreciate you taking the time to have this discussion. If there comes a time where you would like to hand over Mr. Gomez to our custody, you can contact me at this number, and I will personally see to it that it is handled correctly. I will be sure that the Secretary of State and the Attorney General are informed of this situation, if they are not already aware," he said. If there was nothing else to discuss, he would walk back to the other marshals to explain the situation, and would then call the U.S. Marshal for his district and explain the situation. Afterwards, the police presence around the embassy and on the streets would be heavily reduced in order to put some ease on the situation. However, the U.S. Marshals and Secret Service would stay stationed across the street, and the D.C. Capitol Police would keep the streets and intersections and allies around the embassy closed to all thru-traffic. To further ease the situation, there would be no visible people with armed weapons outside of the Argentine Embassy.

::::::::::

Meanwhile, Secretary of State Fitzgerald and the Attorney General secretly met at the Situation Room in the White House where President Gore was debriefed on the situation. The President decided that formally requesting an extradition from the Argentine Government would be the proper step to take. So, Secretary Fitzgerald did just that:

1920px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

1024px-U.S._Department_of_State_official_seal.svg.png

67ka0nc.png
[TR][TD]

OFFICE OF
THE SECRETARY OF STATE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

TO: Esteban Andrada, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade of The Argentine Republic ( Naio90 )
FROM: Jackson Fitzgerald, Secretary of State of The United States of America

Minister Andrada,

As you may be aware, a situation has developed in Washington D.C. A federal fugitive by the name of Matias Gomez, who is a citizen of both the United States and Argentina, is wanted on charges of treason, murder, embezzlement, and assault of a federal agent to name a few. Mr. Gomez is believed to be directly connected with the attack that occurred on the United States Capitol Building on February 4th. I apologize for the large police presence that had developed outside of your country's embassy - this was not meant as an act of intimidation. It occurred because the Justice Department has been searching for Mr. Gomez around the nation, and multiple federal agencies are involved in trying to bring him to justice. It was initially believed that he was heading to an airport or train station, but he ended up at your embassy. Luckily, federal agents on the scene appear to have recognized the sanctity of your embassy - if there were any cases of any Americans attempting to illegally enter the embassy, please inform me and I will have it referred to the Attorney General.

I have spoken with President Gore, as well as the Attorney General. I have been ordered to formally request that Argentina extradite Mr. Gomez to the United States. The U.S. Marshal's Service has agents across the street from your embassy for whenever you would like to organize his turnover to the United States. While the United States is a free country, President Gore personally asked that I assure you Mr. Gomez will get a fair trial if he is inedited by a Grand Jury for the charges levied against him.

Please let me know how we can move this process forward, and if there is any way that I can be of assistance. Myself and the Attorney General are ready to assist in any way possible.

Sincerely,

Jackson Fitzgerald
Secretary of State
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TD]
[/TR]

::::::::::

Matias Gomez would hand over his valid Argentine passport as well as his valid Documento Nacional de Identidad (DNI). If any extensive background checks were performed, the person doing them would find that Gomez had gotten some speeding and parking tickets in the past, but had paid them. He had been arrested once in his twenties while he was in college (something to do with public intoxication or disorderly conduct at a bar) but all charges against him were dropped. He had no criminal record and had otherwise never seen the inside of a prison cell. He had no formal criminal record.

"Thank you," Gomez said in Spanish, "I would like a water... My name is Matias Gomez. I was born in the United States, but grew up in Argentina. My father was an American, and my mother still lives in Buenos Aires," he said, carefully sipping the water. "My father died in 1990. However, since I'm an American, I decided to try to go to university here. I have a degree in Accounting from George Washington University. I am a banker at Chase Bank, I'm just an average guy," he said, before he briefly checked the time on his Rolex watch.

"This American federal agent - the one that wears the cowboy hat - he's been following me around for the past week or two. Then he came to the bank and asked my boss and coworkers questions about me. I decided to take a vacation to New Mexico, and they followed me there. Today I came back to Washington and quit my job at Chase. I planned on going home to see my mother in Buenos Aires today - I want to move back to Argentina. This cowboy," he said, referring to the Deputy Marshal that tried arresting him outside the embassy, "came to a hotel I was staying at before I left - I was staying at a hotel because I didn't renew the lease on my apartment. He threatened me, and then fell on a table in my hotel room - I got scared and left, and now I'm here. I just want to go home to Argentina, I have done nothing wrong," he said.

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018

Secret and Encrypted

Message to: Jackson Fitzgerald, Secretary of State of The United States of America
Message from: Esteban Andrada, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade of the Republic of Argentina

The present message has been encrypted and encoded with the Advanced Internal Communications System. The unauthorized divulgence of the content of the present message, or part of it, is strictly prohibited.

Secretary Fitzgerald,
We apologize for the delay in our response regarding the situation around the argentine-US citizen Matias Gomez. The legal complications surrounding this issue made it necesary for the legal team of the argentine Ministry of Foreign Affairs to intervene and study it.

Given Mr. Gomez has not been detained, or there is an pending order of arrest against him coming form the Argentine Justice System, the only way we can possibly procede with an extradiction is through a passive extradiction request from the US justice system. The procedures require for the legal administrative process to send a formal request, contianing all pertinent legal justifications for the detention, which has to be reviewed by the Argentine Justice System to determine if it is approve or rejected based on legal grounds.

Another legal option would be for the US to request a Red Notice from the INTERPOL, requesting the Red Notice, representing a wanted person status for Mr. Gomez, which we also understadn require for the proper administrative and legal files to be presented to such organization for review.

I personally promise you to put haste on the matter once we receive the legal files and investigations that justify the detention and passive extradiction of Mr. Gomez to the USA, since at the moment, according to argentine law, he has commited no crime and cannot be detained without breaking the law.

Sincerely yours,

Esteban Andrada
Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
Republic of Argentina

------------

While the background checks were being conducted, the argentine agent would listen carefully to Gomez's explanations and story. He would then think a little about it and make some questions.

"I understand... And do you happen to have any clue on why this US Marshall was behind you? Did they show you any warrant?"

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
There was incredible debate within the White House, Justice Department, and State Department as to how to move forward. State wanted to basically hand over the case file to Argentina, while DOJ was trying to convince the President's inner-circle that Argentina's government could not be trusted with the evidence they had against Gomez. Shortly after the response was received from Argentina, President Gore called an emergency meeting of the National Security Council at the White House; the Attorney General and Secretary of State were also both in attendance, and the American Ambassador to the Global Assembly was on speaker phone through an encrypted line.

Al's eyes wandered back and forth from the members of the NSC to one of the three television screens in the room that had on CNN, NBC, and ABC as they broke through their regularly scheduled broadcasting to cover the incident that had occurred outside of the Argentine embassy in Washington. So far, no official statement had been given from the White House. However, the heavy presence of federal agents made it clear that whatever was going on there was clearly of great interest to the federal government. American agents and police continued to respect the sanctity of the embassy, and a secure direct line was set up to the State Department in the event that the embassy had any grievances or special needs as they worked through this period of uncertainty.

"Mister President," the Attorney General said, and then paused. He watched President Gore's eyes shift to him and then continued. "There are several other options we can take here. We can close the embassy, and declare everyone there persona non grata... or we can threaten to do so, I imagine that would get their attention," he said.

"Why the hell would you even say that?" said Jackson Fitzgerald, the Secretary of State, who was visibly flabbergasted. "You want to risk destroying our entire relationship with the next most powerful country in the New World, over one man?"

"That man," the Attorney General said with a notable amount of disdain, "indirectly killed every senior member in the federal government except for you and the President. We still don't know everyone who was behind it, and he is our main lead. We've been watching him for over a month now! Do you actually propose that we just let him go? Personally, I think it's more than worth our relationship with Argentina," he concluded.

"Mister President," Jackson said as he turned to the President, unable to continue arguing with the Attorney General peacefully. "Even if we closed the embassy and declared everyone there persona non grata, we would still have to follow international law and ensure that everyone there had forty-eight hours to leave the country before we could even detain them."

Sitting nearly on the opposite side of the table was a man in a black suit with grey hair. He blended into the other men of the NSC rather well and wasn't noticeable until he spoke up and leaned forward. "No we don't," said the man, who was Richard Gray, the Directory of the Central Intelligence Agency.

"Since Argentina isn't a member of the Global Assembly, we could probably get away with sending agents into it, detaining everyone inside, taking Gomez out, and then releasing the rest of them. If the Argentines... Argentinians?- if they don't like that, then close the embassy and kick them out... And maybe evacuate our embassy in Argentina before you do this, or just consider it an international incident that would need to be handled later if you're willing to make the sacrifice."

A number of people in the room visibly frowned. Al was known for being more unpredictable when it came to showing his emotions - sometimes he wore his heart on his sleeve, and sometimes he was the most stoic man in the room. Director Gray still wasn't sure if he had never bothered to try to train himself to contain his feelings, or if Gore truly used that unpredictably to his advantage.

"That's outrageous," said Fitzgerald, "what in the fuck is wrong with you?" he spat at Director Gray. "You would be willing to sacrifice the freedom, possibly the lives of our ambassador... of all of our citizens that are in Argentina? How can you seriously propose that?"

Director Gray thought of a witty response that included a reference to Secretary Fitzgerald's feisty Irish heritage, but he decided not to make. "I'm merely doing my job, which is presenting options to the President, Mister Secretary... What have you proposed so far again?"

Everyone, including the President, looked at the Secretary of State to see what he would say. "Mister President, I highly recommend that DOJ sends over most of what we have on Gomez, if not the entire case. But, before it is sent, I think it would be helpful if you called Gener- President Cambiasso, and ask him for certain assurances.. That's my plan."

The President tapped the mahogany table they were sitting at a few times with four his fingers. "I'll try calling the President in the Oval. We'll reconvene afterwards," he said to the quiet satisfaction of Fitzgerald.

Everyone stood when the President did, and he walked out of the room. A few members of the team, including the Secretary of State, joined the President in the Oval Office as his personal secretary made a secure call to the Office of the Argentine President. She informed his office that President Gore needed to speak with President Cambiasso, and that it was a critical matter of international importance.
Naio90

Last edited:

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The request from the President of the United States of America was received at the Casa Rosada, and President Cambiasso informed of it. He was quickly put on date regarding the case and its legal implications and scheduled the call with the US President for the next afternoon. He would receive it in his private office on an encrypted line and accompanied by the Minister oF Foreign Affairs, and the Director of Legal Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Odinson

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89