STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Message To The United States of America

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
101px-Statsikon.svg.png

KINGDOM OF NORWAY
MINISTRY OF DEFENSE
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SUBJECT: Private Inquiry
RECIPIENT: William Perry, Secretary of Defense of The United States of America @John
SECURITY: ENCRYPTED AND TOP SECRET

Mister Secretary,

The Prime Minister and Foreign Ministry has permitted me to contact you. The Royal Air Force is interested in procuring one or more aircraft that would be used for reconnaissance by the RAF or other Norwegian agencies. The aircraft that we are specifically interested in are the: Lockheed SR-71 and the Lockheed A-12. Please let me know if it would be possible for the Kingdom of Norway to privately procure either of these aircraft.

Best Regards,

Kristoffer Solberg
Minister of Defense

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Encrypted/Private

Subject: RE: Private Inquiry
Recipient: Kristoffer Solberg, Minister of Defense for Norway
CC: N.A
Dear Mr Solberg,

Usually we wouldn't consider selling such an important piece of equipment, however, we are interesting in purchasing equipment I am sure is important to Norwegian National Security. That would be the Skjold-class corvette and Hauk-class patrol boat. Of which we are hoping to purchase significant numbers of both vessels.

Yours,
William Perry
Secretary of Defence of the United States of America.

@Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
101px-Statsikon.svg.png

KINGDOM OF NORWAY
MINISTRY OF DEFENSE
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RECIPIENT: William Perry, Secretary of Defense of The United States of America @John

Mister Secretary,

The Kingdom of Norway normally does not provide its national products for international sale. Doing so would require an Act of Storting to pass both chambers and obtain Royal Assent. I have spoken with the Prime Minister, and he believes he could get it through the Storting provided that the United States agrees to not resell the products to anyone but Norway.

While the SR-71 and A-10 are high on the Royal Air Force's procurement list, the Royal Navy takes precedent. In return for delivering an order of, say, 100 Skjold-class corvettes and 100 Hauk-class patrol boats (or more, if required), the Ministry of Defense would the permanent option of purchasing a total of 5 Arleigh Burke-class destroyers (Flight II, USS Porter-type), and 3 Teconderoga-class cruisers (Mark-41 Vertical Launch System (VLS) Variant).
Please let me know if this would be acceptable, or if there is a change you'd like to make to this arrangement.

Best Regards,

Kristoffer Solberg
Minister of Defense

Last edited:

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Encrypted/Private

Dear Mr Solberg,

This is a bit of a difficult one, but with our desire to acquire these ships outweigh the cons. However, we have calculated the costs of five arleigh burkes compared to 100 of each of these vessels and there will be a $5billion difference, give or take a few hundred million, depending on how many SR-71s you wish to purchase. With that in mind, we would also like the request the acquisition of 42 Ula-class submarines. And then the difference could be paid.

Yours,
William Perry

@Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
101px-Statsikon.svg.png

KINGDOM OF NORWAY
MINISTRY OF DEFENSE

Mister Secretary,

This is an exceptionally interesting offer. However, assuming that we exchange these vessels (not including the aforementioned secret aircraft) at the build cost, this would still leave Norway owing the United States $4,582,042,000. I've spoken to the Prime Minister, and he unfortunately does not find this acceptable. If we made this exchange in-full today, Norway would be roughly $4,000,000,000 in debt. While I do not work for the Treasury, I imagine this violates a number of our peace-time budget laws.

With that being said, I have come up with an idea. The United States would purchase an order of the following products at once:
x42 Ula-class Submarines
x100 Skjold-class Corvettes
x100 Hauk-class Patrol Boats
($9,693,856,660)

The Kingdom of Norway would purchase an order of the following products at once:
x5 Arleigh Burkes (Flight II, USS Porter-type)
($9,215,000,000)

And the Kingdom of Norway would retain the right to purchase the following when financially possible at the build cost:
x3 Ticonderoga-class Cruisers (Mark-41 Vertical Launch System (VLS) Variant)
x2 Lockheed SR-71s
x2 Lockheed A-12
x6 Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk

Please let me know if this would be acceptable.

Best Regards,

Kristoffer Solberg
Minister of Defense

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Encrypted/Private

Dear Mr Solberg,

We have noticed a discrepancy in your pricing, which will lead to us loosing money quickly. We have calculated you have added a 27% profit margin on your equipment, whilst American equipment is being given at cost price. So to combat this, we propose any of the following:
  • The US adds a 27% profit margin to the Arleigh burkes
  • Norway removes the 27% profit margin
  • Norway removes the 27% profit margin AND both countries make an agreement to complete productions in halves or quarters to make it easier to manage, also making it easier on both countries funding

I hope you take these options into serious consideration

Yours,
William Perry

@Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
101px-Statsikon.svg.png

KINGDOM OF NORWAY
MINISTRY OF DEFENSE

Mister Secretary,

You have my apologies, that was a genuine mistake on my part. Of course we will not charge a premium on our products when you aren't charging a premium either. After several discussions with the Prime Minister and King-in-Council, I've come to the reality that it would be better for us - and perhaps even better for the United States - if we did these purchases in installments that were spread out, and not all at once. It is much nicer to get everything done in one swoop, but with the high quality products we are exchanging, that simply isn't an option for us. That being said, these are the installments I would like to propose for the products that we wish to purchase:

Tax Period 1
Norway: Sends $1-billion
America: Builds one Ticonderoga-class Cruiser (1)

Tax Period 2
America: Builds one Ticonderoga-class Cruiser (2)

Tax Period 3
America: Builds one Ticonderoga-class Cruiser (3)

Tax Period 4
Norway: Sends $1,843,000,000
America: Builds one Arleigh Burke (1)

Tax Period 5
America: Builds one Arleigh Burke (2)

Tax Period 6
America: Builds one Arleigh Burke (3)

Tax Period 7
America: Builds one Arleigh Burke (4)

Tax Period 8
America: Builds one Arleigh Burke (5)

This will keep Norway in a stable financial situation. Would this be acceptable on your side? If so, I'd be happy to recieve a similar chart showing how the United States would like to purchase its ships.

Best Regards,

Kristoffer Solberg
Minister of Defense

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Encrypted/Private

Dear Mr Solberg,

These seem like agreeable terms, in return, this is what the United States would propose:

Tax Period 1:
The United States sends $1,526,591,600.00
Norway produces 20 Skjold Class, 20 Hauk Class and 8 Ula Class

Tax Period 2:

Tax Period 3:

Tax Period 4:

Tax Period 5:
Norway produces 20 Skjold Class, 20 Hauk Class and 10 Ula Class

Yours,
William Perry

@Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
101px-Statsikon.svg.png

KINGDOM OF NORWAY
MINISTRY OF DEFENSE

Mister Secretary,

Excellent, I'm happy to hear that we've come to an agreement. Once we have the funding, I'll be sure to send some of it your way.
By the way, we will throw in a free "Maintenance Package" for every item you are purchasing, meaning that we will not hinder any attempt by the United States government or armed forces to repair these vessels with spare parts gathered from Norway. We will do this, of course, provided that the United States is willing to do the same.

Best Regards,

Kristoffer Solberg
Minister of Defense

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
The United States was securely informed that the first transfer of $1-billion was transferred to the United States treasury. This was for a Ticonderoga-class (Mark-41 Vertical Launch System (VLS) Variant).

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
The United States would be securely informed that a lump transfer of $2,843,000,000 was sent. This was to pay for the third and final Ticonderoga-class and the first Arleigh Burke-class.
@John

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
The United States would be securely informed that a lump transfer of $3,686,000,000 was sent to the United States. This was to pay for two Arleigh Burke-class destroyers.
Specifically, two: Flight II, (USS Porter-type)
The United States would be informed that the first Arleigh Burke was not Flight II, (USS Porter-type), as was previously agreed. It was requested that this be made right.
@John

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
101px-Statsikon.svg.png

KINGDOM OF NORWAY
MINISTRY OF DEFENSE

Mister Secretary,

Greetings. I hope that you're doing well. The Kingdom of Norway is interested in purchasing a number of Henry J. Kaiser-class replenishment oilers for the Norwegian Royal Navy. Would the United States government be willing to make this sale to us? I look forward to you getting back to me.

Best Regards,

Kristoffer Solberg
Minister of Defense

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
A secure message was sent to the United States Department of Defense from the Norwegian Ministry of War which indicated that the newly established Royal Coast Guard was in need of a highly-versatile and offensive ship in the event of rare, high-stakes operations. The ships chosen by the Royal Coast Guard were the Spruance-class destroyers operated by the United States. A request was made for two Spruance-class vessels with the following armaments/weapons-systems installed:
The Ministry of War asked what price would be appropriate for two of these vessels and requested immediate production.
@John

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
A follow-up, secure, message was sent to the United States Department of Defense. The original message was mentioned, as well as a new addition which asked to increase the number of Spruance-class ships, with the listed specifications, from two to 3.
John

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
101px-Statsikon.svg.png

KINGDOM OF NORWAY
MINISTRY OF WAR
RECIPIENT: William Perry, Secretary of Defense of The United States of America John

Mister Secretary,

The Ministry of War has updated what it would like to purchase from the United States. Please let me know if this is acceptable. If so, we will issue the funds as soon as possible:
x4 Ticonderoga-class Cruisers (DESCRIPTION: Mark-41 Vertical Launch System (VLS) Variant)
x7 Arleigh Burke-class Destroyers (DESCRIPTION: Flight IIA: 5"/62, one 20mm CIWS variant)
x100 F-16 C/D Block 50/52
x50 F-15 C/D

Please let me know if this is acceptable and if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Kristoffer Solberg
Minister of War

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Encrypted/Private

Dear Mr Solberg,

We could complete this order for a total price of $21,905,800,982.00. If this is something you are happy to pay, please transfer the funds and we will start production immediately.

Yours,
William Perry

@Odinson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien