STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Nederlandse Betrekkingen

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Nederlandse Betrekkingen
Security Classification: OFFICIAL

A recent review of the Foreign Policy has shown a lapse in building new, or developing existing relations with countries that have seen a transition of govern in recent months. Eager to resolve this, consideration has gone into the position the United Kingdom would like to set itself when it comes to foreign policy. The British Ambassador to the Netherlands, Rosemary Spencer, has submitted a request for an audience with a member of the Dutch Government to discuss bilateral relations. Providing an insight into the request, a list of agenda was proposed that could be amended if the Dutch had any interests: Trade Discussions; Foreign Policies; Security Cooperation.

Tim

Tim

Kingdom of the Netherlands
Dec 25, 2020
70px-Logo_rijksoverheid.svg.png

MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
PRIVATE
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs would receive the request by the British Ambassador. The ambassador would be invited to a meeting with Deputy Prime Minister, minister of Economic Affairs Ms A. Jorritsma-Lebbink (VVD) to discuss the agenda requested by the British, making no amendments on it. The location would be at the Ministry of Economic Affairs in the Hague where Ms Jorritsma's office was located.

After planning the meeting the Ministry of Foreign Affairs briefed Ms Jorritsma with the details of the appropriate details regarding the Foreign Policies. She would also be briefed by the other Ministries responsible for Security Cooperation and Trade Discussions.

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Nederlandse Betrekkingen

Upon acceptance, the Ambassador begun to collate files that would be required, this consisted of generic draft agreements that could be used as a base for any discussions between the British Representative and the Dutch Government Officials. Eager to arrive on time, Rosemary hastily navigated out of the embassy to the waiting vehicle. Entering it, she was taken to the Ministry of Economic Affairs in the Hague where her appointment was scheduled. It was a short trip. Upon her arrival, she made to the doors and greeted the receptionist. Informing them of her appointment, where she waited to be taken to the meeting room or met by her hosts.

Tim

Tim

Dec 25, 2020
70px-Logo_rijksoverheid.svg.png

MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
PRIVATE
Having been fully briefed and informed that the Ambassador woudld be arriving shortly Ms Jorritsma went to get a cup of boiling water so she could offer the ambassador some tea in her office. The receptionist called Ms Jorritsma herself who came down the stairs and greeted the ambassador. “Good afternoon Ms Spencer, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” She walked to her office with the ambassador and offered her a seat before offering her a cup of tea.
Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Nederlandse Betrekkingen

Rosemary stepped forward and approached Ms Jorritsma, "Good Afternoon, Pleasure to meet you too." she smiled, beginning to follow her host into the office "How are you?" she proceeded to engage in small talk before accepting the cup of tea. Taking a seat and making herself comfortable. "Thank you very much for agreeing to see me, especially at such notice. It has been some time since the United Kingdom and Netherlands had an open dialogue to discuss ongoing relations. I am eager to resume that dialogue. Although primarily interested in trade and the foreign policy, our geographical proximity shows a certain value of... importance; when it comes to security of the region. If there is time to discuss these three agendas and anything else you may like to raise, I hope not to keep you from your duties for too long." paused the Ambassador, taking a drink. "I think Trade would be a good place to begin, no?"

Tim

Tim

Dec 25, 2020
PRIVATE
"It's all going well, I hope the same is true for you?" she said as she took the can of hot water and pouring two cups of tea. She placed the two cups on the desk and opened the small wooden tea box which housed the different tea bags. She took one out for herself before sliding it to the visitors side of the table next to Rosemary's cup of tea. "No problem, it is one of our biggest priorities to get our international position re-established. After the short time of political chaos with no international relationship we are now back and healthy."

She nodded at what Rosemary said, writing down the topics she mentioned on her notes. "These three topics sound exactly like what we view as the most important topics between our administrations, and trade seems like a good one to start with and also my department." She took two pieces of paper from her files which had the respective exports of their countries. "Can you confirm these details are correct?" she asked after giving the British ambassador a copy.

UK of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
1. Machinery
2. Cars
3. Precious Metals
4. Pharmaceuticals
5. Organic Chemicals

$1,500,000.00
$1,000,000.00
$2,000,000.00
$1,000,000.00
$2,500,000.00

1. Food and Livestock
2. Chemicals
3. Manufactured goods
4. Flowers
5. Machinery and Transport Equipment

$3,500,000.00
$4,500,000.00
$4,000,000.00
$2,000,000.00
$2,750,000.00

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Nederlandse Betrekkingen

"I would say so, thank you." she replied, peering down her glasses to the document offered by her Dutch Hosts "Yes... Yes... Yes. They're all correct. I had already spoken to my government in relation to trade and there are a few things we would seek to be importing from yourselves, which is Food and Livestock, Manufactured Goods and Machinery and Transport Equipment. If permissible. On top of such a trade route, which I believe we can accommodate the requirements for a weekly route across the English Channel and deliver anything you would be interested in. I would also like to raise the prospect of a contract with Damen Shipyards Group. The United Kingdom is overdue for a... consistent supplier of vessels. Historically, we've had contracts with companies that soon bust and we never really recovered. Now, we're stuck with a mixture of vessels and no uniformity." Rosemary paused, clearing her throat "If there is a possibility and supply available, we would very much like to look into opening large scale contracts with you that would see billions invested into the Netherlands and to update our Merchant Navy."

Tim

Tim

Dec 25, 2020
PRIVATE // Jamie
She nodded as the British ambassador listed the goods and she crossed them on her print out. "A weekly shipment back and forth over the English chanel sounds good to us. All these goods are available for export so we can deliver them. In exchange we would like to import machinery, precious metals and pharmaceuticals. The machinery could be sent on the return of the other machinery of course. The two other products could also be sent on the return of the other two Dutch products, if permissible. This way we would have three container ships crossing the channel weekly."

"As for Damen, it is currently accepting a large number of customers after a recent expansion of it's capacity, taking over most Dutch shipbuilding loocations. I believe they would be able to supply the United Kingdom with a large Merchant Navy for a very reasonable discount. As for the tariffs for the trade route, the quite high Dutch tariffs and relatively low British tariffs make for a large gap in the difference. With the potential of a large British acquisition of Damen Ships we would be able to sign away these tariffs, under the condition that the United Kingdom provides these three vesels which can be newly acquired from Damen. I hope this is something you can agree to."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Nederlandse Betrekkingen

"That would be acceptable, and a grand start if I do say so. Although trade potentially one of the more... tedious discussions, it's naturally very vital for our economies and together, we can ensure they remain strong. Therefore, the weekly deliverance between the Netherlands and the United Kingdom will be posed towards the International Trade Organisation once our own logistic vessels can be acquired. Which, to answer your question, is something we can agree too. We will be happy to put a request in to buy three Container Feeder 900's, if this is something you are able to process? If not, I will put the order to Damen directly.

I would like to add that this is just for these routes, but a high intention to purchase a larger number of vessels to cover new routes, and eventually phase out the older craft, replacing them with Damen Shipyard products.

Tim

Tim

Dec 25, 2020
PRIVATE // Jamie
"Indeed, our markets are so similar that its important that we work together for the benefit of both. As for the initial order, placing an order with Damen through their storefront is prefered to keep things streamlined. As for a potential larger order I would suggest contacting Damen, possibly also informing us, that way a more detailed and customized agreement can be reached. And I'm sure Damen would be more than willing to visit the United Kingdom for a business trip on such a special occasion."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Nederlandse Betrekkingen

"That is understandable, we will put forward our order for Damen Group for the initial batch of three Container Vessels. That would accommodate for the routes between the United Kingdom and Netherlands and serve as a valuable... taster, in what is to come. Providing our satisfaction with the products and their reliability, which I hear a lot about, we will no doubt be pitching many more orders in your direction to replace our fleets. To confirm the trade routes proposed:

Route 1:
Deliverance of Machinery from the United Kingdom to the Netherlands, then returning with machinery from the Netherlands to the United Kingdom on a weekly basis.

Route 2:
Deliverance of Precious Metals from the United Kingdom to the Netherlands, then returning with Food and Livestock from the Netherlands to the United Kingdom on a weekly basis.

Route 3:
Deliverance of Pharmaceuticals from the United Kingdom to the Netherlands, then returning with Manufactured Goods from the Netherlands to the United Kingdom on a weekly basis.

If content with these routes, I can register them with the three vessels we're putting an order for with Damen, unless you would like to use any of your own merchant vessels for any of the routes?"

Tim

Tim

Dec 25, 2020
PRIVATE // Jamie
The minister noted down the final proposal, and looked it over one more time. "These routes indeed look correct, I would like to specify that we use the Port of Rotterdam for most international trade, including these trade routes if possible. As for the vessels, we currently do not have any vessels in service that could provide such a trade route so using the soon to be acquired vessels from Damen for this trade route would be the best action I believe. And with that I think we have concluded the trade talks and can move on, unless you have anything to add regarding trade or other economic affairs you wish to discuss."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Nederlandse Betrekkingen

"Understood, we will submit it to the Port of Rotterdam and naturally, once in the position to submit the routes, you will be able to make your submissions to the Trade Organisation. But yes, away from the trade discussions. I'm keen to hear about your foreign policies on current affairs, and what your aspirations are for your government? I'm aware the concerns with Russia have de-escalated, but is your foreign policy going to be Europe orientated or on a more international scale?" Rosemary inquired "At the moment the United Kingdom is pressing with international affairs and establishing agreements for longer-term cooperation. We're in the process of sealing a cooperation treaty with America, Trade Agreements with Australia and many more. However, I think it would be beneficial for us to work with others in Europe closer such as yourselves."

Tim

Tim

Dec 25, 2020
PRIVATE // Jamie
"One of our primary goals is indeed European stability, which is why the Russian situation was something we closely monitored, however that seems to have calmed down. With that it seems Europe, except maybe Ukraine internally, is relatively stable at the moment. We are trying to orient on a global scale with long-term cooperation, currently diplomats all over the globe are meeting on behalf of our country to form bonds so we can achieve this goal. However, as you mentioned, we too understand that our neighbours and other European countries should be our top priority here as our closeness necessitates cooperation -especially for a smaller country like us- within our region. This is why we are so glad to be working together with your government and I believe we are also -or are soon to be- in contact with the newly established German government."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien