STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Netherlands] Message to Belgium

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Kingdom of the Netherlands

Recipient: Adriaan Marissens, Prime Minister, Kingdom of Belgium (@Flying Damascas)
Cc: Kristopher Reensma, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Belgium; Albert II, King of the Belgians, Kingdom of Belgium
Subject: Cessation of Hostilities
Classification:
SECURE

Mr Prime Minister,

The outbreak of hostilities between the Kingdom of Belgium and Haut Royaume de France has come as a total shock to my government. It has always been my government's aim to promote peace and prosperity on the European continent and this conflict threatens those aims. Not only does it bring a return of armed conflict to North Western Europe not seen since the end of the Second World War, but it also places the lives of thousands of innocent civilians at risk.

Therefore, my government wishes to enter constructive negotiations with your government to enact a cease fire between Belgium and France, as well as ensure the return of peace to the region.

Yours Sincerely,

Maximiliaan Theunissen
Minister of Foreign Affairs

Flying Damascas

Kingdom of Belgium
Dec 14, 2019

535px-Middle_coat_of_arms_of_Belgium.svg.png

Security Classification: CLASSIFIED

Encrypted by the Office Of Prime Minister

Dear Foreign Minister (@Dutchy ), allow me to express my appreciation for the Netherlands fraternal commitment to the peace and security of Europe which has unfortunate been tarnished ever so slightly by actions of my own administration and that of our French advisaries. I must confess that my administration had no intention of starting a war, having been largely underequipped and undertrained to partake in combat it seems as certain individuals under my tutuledge are quite inept and irresponsible in pursuit of their duties to this country and its constitutional order. We are prepare to participate in constructive peace talks and end this pointless outbursts of lunacy and wanton aggression

Regards,

Adriaan Marrissens
Prime Minister
Kingdom of Belgium

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Recipient: Adriaan Marissens, Prime Minister, Kingdom of Belgium (@Flying Damascas)
Cc: Kristopher Reensma, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Belgium; Albert II, King of the Belgians, Kingdom of Belgium
Classification:
SECURE

Mr Prime Minister,

We certainly appreciate your honesty and are still surprised by the sudden outbreak of hostility. In order to bring the swift return of peace we call upon you to immediately issue your armed forces the order to cease any offensive actions against the High Kingdom of France and make a public announcement of this order. We are also attempting to contact the government of France, who will hopefully be willing to engage in diplomatic talks.

My government is saddened by the suffering the Belgian people have had to endure these recent years, from internal conflict, to debt and now once again conflict. Belgium has always been seen as a brother to the Netherlands and we have always promoted peace, stability and cooperation within the Benelux region.

Aside from peace negotiations, there is another topic of discussion which could bring a return of peace and stability to the region. Namely the reunification of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and the Kingdom of Belgium. While a radical idea, it is an idea which can guarantee prosperity for the Belgian people after years of suffer. While this would not be a simple task, it is a task my government would be willing support, though it would require the support of yourself and the Belgian people.

Yours Sincerely,

Maximiliaan Theunissen

Flying Damascas

Kingdom of Belgium
Dec 14, 2019

Dear Foreign Minister (@Dutchy ), I may being in power but my power is the result of the democratic process and willing to utilise with all due honesty my intention to do their bidding. But there are some who find this approach to be somewhat problematic under these most unfortunate circumstances. I have asked my country's armed forces to stand down and return home, much to the dismay of the hawks who put us in this peculiar mess. The people never wanted war with France, nor do they wish for others to capitalise upon their suffering especially at this point in time.

My time in office has been fraught with calamity, our minister of defense who I've since sacked for incompotence and investigate for questionable violations of his oath to the constitution and his country's people something that is quite inadmissable. We are currently looking into finding a worthy successor to Mr. Van Den Bosch. With all of this dark comedy, we certainly appreciate the loving support and respect that The Netherlands has provided Belgium and the region at large.

Though I respect the position from which you speak with fondness of, you may be forgiven for believing me to be so willing to convince me of such a concept as unification with the Netherlands but I am certainly open to forging a stronger association with your country by working to liberalise customs (the border) and visa policies. This would no doubt provide our nations with the chance to compete in the world market and give our collective inhabitants a dignified and cultured existence based on solidarity.

Regards,

Adriaan Marrissens
Prime Minister
Kingdom of Belgium

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Classification:
SECURE

Mr Prime Minister,

We will always be willing to proceed in objectives which seek to strengthen the bond between the Benelux nations. We hope that a full review of the events which led to the conflict with the High Kingdom of France will take place, in order to ensure that such a calamity will never happen again. The separation of powers are essential in any state and we hope your government will move to impose checks and balances on the authority of the position of Minister of Defence.

We are in contact with the French government and they are willing to agree to a cease fire upon the withdrawal of Belgian troops from French sovereignty. Furthermore, they are seeking the implementation of a demilitarised zone between the French and Belgian border, which would be 10 kilometres in depth on the Belgian side. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this offer in order to path the way to a peace agreement as soon as possible.

Yours Sincerely,

Maximiliaan Theunissen

Flying Damascas

Kingdom of Belgium
Dec 14, 2019

Dear Foreign Minister (@Dutchy ), I'm pleased to hear this and am therefore willing to proceed with further endevours between our two nations. After careful consideration, my administration has decided to sack a member of the national cabinet. Belgium is due for a change and a separation of powers will certainly be appreciated especially with respect to the ministry of defense.

Belgian troops have withdrawn across the frontier from what my cabinet has told me in person. Rest assured, that we welcome these overtures of peace. I'm obliged to consult the national assembly before I may give approval for the demilitisation of the border with France.

Sincerely,
Adriaan Marrissens
Prime Minister, Kingdom of Belgium
@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Classification:
SECURE

Mr Prime Minister,

I understand that you have a constitutional process that must be followed, but we advise that it is completed post haste in order to promote the pathway to peace. We also wish to invite a delegation from both Belgium and France to the Netherlands in order conduct peace negotiations. Once we have confirmation that both parties are willing to attend the negotiations we will send out information regarding the summit.

Yours Sincerely,

Maximiliaan Theunissen

Flying Damascas

Kingdom of Belgium
Dec 14, 2019

Encrypted by the Office of Prime Minister

Dear Minister, I'm glad you understand the somewhat precarious nature of custitutional order here in Belgium. That being said, I'm willing to send a delegation including myself to sit down in The Netherlands to talk peace with France believe that this settlement is superior to the Russian version which my cabinet has informed me of and has described as a threat to national security to permit the presence of Russian forces on Belgian soil under dubious pretenses. It is my own understanding that this is a worthy and just settlement with plenty of potential.

Regards, Adriaan Marrissens

Prime Minister
Kingdom of Belgium

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Classification:
SECURE

Mr Prime Minister,

The French government has accepted our invitation to initiate peace talks in the Hague. They have sent a high-ranking delegation, we now invite a Belgian delegation to the Hague post-haste in order to begin the negotiations and bring an end to the conflict.

Yours Sincerely,

Maximiliaan Theunissen

Flying Damascas

Kingdom of Belgium
Dec 14, 2019
@Dutchy

Private/Encryption Secure
Subject: re: cessation of hostilities
Sender: Adriaan Marrissens, Prime Minister of Belgium
Recipient: Maximiliaan Theunissen , Foreign Minister of The Netherlands

Foreign Minister Theunissen, The Kingdom of Belgium shall send a high ranking delegation to Den Haag to proceed with negiatations between ourselves and our French counterparts. It is my hope that the efforts of The Netherlands pays off and that peace will reture at last.

Sincerely,
Adriaan Marrissens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren