STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Netherlands] Message to Great Britain

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Ministry of Defence

Secret & Encrypted

To: Jack Towse MP, Secretary of State for Defence of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
Cc:
Subject: Acquirement of S&R Equipment

Dear Mr Towse,

I am sending you this message with the hope of quickly being able to negotiate the acquirement of the AgustaWestland AW101 for use in Search & Rescue operations by the Royal Netherlands Air Force in conjunction with the Coastguard and the Royal Dutch Rescue Society.

Yours Sincerely,
Luitenant-generaal Fons Ramakers
Commander of the Royal Netherlands Air Force
Kingdom of the Netherlands

✆ +31 070 3 188 188

✉ def@rijksoverheid.nl

■ Plein 4, 2511 CR The Hague

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

Luitenant-generaal Fons Ramakers, Commander of the Royal Netherlands Air Force was invited to a phone call by the British Ministry of Defence Procurement and Export Department, Administrator Liam Hall to discuss the possibility of sales of the AW101.

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Luitenant-generaal Fons Ramakers would answer the call on a private and secure channel saying "Luitenant-generaal Fons Ramakers speaking."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Good Afternoon Sir." Spoke Liam Hall, a member of the British Governments Procurement and Export Department. Assigned with the role of negotiating the sale of AW101 to their ISAF Counterparts. "How are you today?" he'd pause, only continuing when a response was received. "I've been informed of your interest in the AW101, or Merlin Helicopter as we call it to operate for the Netherlands Airforce. Given your status and loyalty within ISAF, we see no barriers that could prevent such a sale but would like to discuss further. I have a few questions;

Are you committed to buying the aircraft, or are you looking into having an evaluation first? If so, we could possibly arrange for an RAF Merlin to go to the Netherlands, or have your own evaluation team come to the UK?

If committed, How many AW101 Helicopters are you looking into procuring? Do you have your mind set on an amount?

With the package.. or sale, is training something you'd like to explore in the UK? To have pilots and or groundcrew sent to the UK to have hands on training with the AW101 we have in service?"

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I am well, thank you for asking. I can confirm that we hope to use the AW101 or as you call it the Merlin Helicopter for use in search & rescue operations. I am pleased to see there are no issues with the sale. Having researched the various products on the market, we believe that the Merlin Helicopter is the best product for the job and we hope to continue working closely with our partner Britain."

"We are seeking to procure 18 AW101."

"We are also looking to set up a prestigious wing similar to the British Red Arrows. Which is why we would hope to add 9 BAE Systems Hawk to our order."

"Training would be appreciated, for both pilots and ground crew."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"For the nine Hawk 127's you'd be looking at 35 mn each. Counting 315mil.

A Merlin, or AW101, would be exported for 30mil, 540 mil in total.

And as it's direct with our government, VAT will be excluded in good faith.

Training on the AW101 would be an extra 100 million. What does apply to both aircraft is they cannot be re-sold."

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Yes, the training would apply to both. So what is the total you would like to see transferred to your accounts? Also we would be happy to pay VAT to continue stimulating the British economy, we do not wish to cheat your people."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"We calculate the total to be 955,000,000.00. If you're happy to go ahead, please transfer the funds over and we can begin immediately.
VAT will be exempt from this order, that isn't a problem."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"We have received it and have begun production. It has been a pleasure to do business with you, is there anything else you'd like to discuss?"

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Nothing I am authorised to discuss, I would like to thank you for your time and efficiency of this call."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Likewise, please let me know if theres anything we can help with." with that in mind, the call would end following their farewells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien