STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Netherlands] Phone call to Britain

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Afternoon, this is Eveline Mas speaking, Minister of of Internal Affairs & Kingdom Relations of the Netherlands" she would say as she introduced herself.

"I am calling you to first of all offer our condolences to those who lost their lives in the bombings. The Netherlands stands beside Britain in condemning the brutal attacks on innocent civilians. Seconly I would like to offer our full support from intelligence gathering to military operations and diplomatic support."

*Repost of [Netherlands] Phone call to Britain

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"It is a pleasure to speak to you, Ms Mas." replied the British First Secretary of State, "Thank you for your condolences and your continued support. As you can imagine, our Intelligence services will be working on tracking the source of both attacks. We are aware both attackers were related by blood. However, a party has claimed responsibility for the attack. We believe they are based in Iran. We're unsure if the new Iranian Regime has any form of connection, however."

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Of course, and if there is any way we could possibly assist you. Then all you need to do is ask."

"If possible, we would like to be kept up to date if there is evidence of the Iranian Regime is cooperation with those responsible, while a different government has forced their way into power, we have not forgotten that it was Iran who was responsible for the murder of innocent civilians in Rotterdam. While we are seeking to repair relations, we must be certain that they have no ties to any terrorist activities."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Definitely, we realise the sensitivity of the nature when the Iranian Regime is involved. A day does not pass without thoughts delivered to those lost in that horrific and unjust attack. We will keep you informed of any changes in intelligence.
No longer than 2 months ago, the British Government sought to allow more flexible travel by the limiting of security checks for VISAs and borders, to allow smoother operation of tourism. It wasn't long until that was exploited and the two terrorists managed to enter the UK legally, with no prior warning. Our Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be reviewing all travel access into the UK, as given the instability in Iran, I judge caution should have been raised."

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I see" the Minister would say in response to the explanation regarding the relaxing of VISA restrictions. "Amsterdam was recently shocked when a suspect fired a weapon on the Dam Square and took a hostage, this crime was committed by a foreign national. The fact that we aren't able to quickly identify foreigners who have entered the Netherlands is an issue. Since the UK and the Netherlands now have a free movement of people due to our partnership in the ETO, I would like to bring up the topic of a joint database of those entering our nations. We could standardise our VISA's and have the data of all applicants shared between our respective authorities. Would this be something that Britain is willing to consider?"

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Whilst we are open to the possibility of a joint database, I would like to know more about how you mentioned standardising VISAs? We feel having a shared VISA Process may take away our own nationality identity/security in that aspect, if that is what you mean? I would like to see a push for more cooperation in anti-terrorism. Through the sharing of intelligence and cooperation on intelligence-gathering. Having our Intelligence Services work together and engage in operations could work well if possible."

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I am glad to see you have an open mind, but what I am suggesting is not an attempt to rob you of your national identity. What I am trying to say is that since our nations are now connected by freedom of movement and goods. So if we were to create a shared database, then I am certain that you would want all the information that your VISA's currently request to also be listed. What I am hoping to see is that Britain and the Netherlands have the same VISA, making it easier for foreigners to travel between our nations and to ensure that all the information required by our security services is listed and accessible."

"I would also like to see an increase in cooperation between our intelligence services, possibly through training exercises prior to conducting any joint operations."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Oh, I do not doubt that. I just wanted to confirm what that would entail. If it relies on the sharing of information, then we are definitely happy to engage. Having that information accessible between our countries could certainly be supportive. However, I do wonder your thoughts on as opposed to this been focused between our countries, that we explore this as an anti-terrorism act that could be applied to ISAF? An article on the Independent States Treaty that would help with information and tackling terrorism.

Intelligence services is a topic that we often neglect ourselves, with our focus been military-related and having military services provide intelligence gathering. So we would welcome justification to focus on our intelligence services more. Do you have any exercises, or better yet, operations, in mind?"

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"If we were to enact an anti-terrorism act within ISAF, then I believe it would be more efficient if we expanded it to cover more than simply VISA applications. Though I think it would be a positive step forward to making our alliance stronger and our nations more protected."

"While I think it would be a benefit to conduct both military and civilian intelligence exercises, it would be something that I would have to speak with about with the director of the Algemene Inlichtingen en Veiligheidsdienst (General Intelligence & Security Service), however the Militaire Inlichtingen en Veiligheidsdienst (Military Intelligence & Security Service) falls under the juristiction of the Ministry of Defence, so I will also need to contact them if we were to conduct an exercise."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Definitely, to sum up a possible article, we can start with:

-An ISAF Wide database containing VISA Information for any ISAF member state. Accessible by all ISAF members.
-Perhaps a collective database of criminals and suspects to any form of attacks/terrorism.

Do you have anything you would consider more efficient to add to such an article? Then I can write one up."

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Well, if this was to become ISAF-wide, would we aim for a standardised VISA form for all ISAF nations? A collective database would also be beneficial in order to increase our security, especially with the recent terrorist attack in Britain."

"At this time I do not have anything to add to an anti-terrorism article. Though I am certain if we brought this to both the United States and Portugal they would be willing to add more ideas and strategies, I hope that cooperation on this level will prevent the next attack on innocent civilians."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"I will aim to bring this agenda to ISAF imminently following the Secretary Elections. As positions are changing, it will be worth saving it until the new hierarchy is put into place. But a collective database will allow much wider cooperation and allow us to tackle terrorism more closely. I am unsure as to how ISAF members will be as to a standardised VISA form. Nonetheless, this can be posed towards them for further ideas and opinions. Ultimately I'd like to see ISAF carrying out more roles in anti-terrorism globally. Not in the form of combat roles, but more support roles."

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I'll await for it to be brought to the remaining members of ISAF, what I seek is a list of questions which are required to be present on the VISA's of all ISAF nations to ensure that all individuals can be identified, no matter which nation they entered. While ISAF remains a defensive alliance, we agree that an expansion into support roles would be beneficial to all member nations."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Indeed. I would also like to raise trade again with yourself and look into opening cargo routes for the short trip between our countries. I do think we'd benefit from certain supplies. One of the biggest exports we could offer is Crude Petroleum. I'd like to query your thoughts on either a trade or your own interest in purchasing Crude Petrolum from the UK directly?

Although I have received word that the British Prime Minister is in conversation with the Iranian Regime Leadership. Hopefully we will have more information shortly regarding the terrorist attacks. I am aware that the Prime Minister has entered the call with little room for the Iranian Government to work through. The attack is considerably large and is the largest since the conflict in the Battle of Europe. As you can imagine, it's been treated severely."

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"It should be treated severely, and we must prepare for more, this could only be the beginning of an attack against western values. My government would like to ask for a summary of the call if possible once it is finished."

"As for trade, we welcome an increase in trade between our nations, especially with our union in the economic European Treaty Organisation. While our top export is machinery including computers, we could also offer you pharmaceuticals or live trees, plants, cut flowers. We have some more products if you are interested in the entire list."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Of course. We will get you any information we manage to extract from the Iranian Regime. Although from what I've heard, the Prime Minister is eager to see those responsible answer for their crimes. Terrorism is one of those agendas which if left, only becomes worse; especially as it's an organisation. Thinking they can get away with it only prompts more attacks.. and more radical attacks too. I do not believe there is any intention to rule out military action if enough intelligence is gathered, or at least sponsoring anti-terrorism in Iran if they are the source.

With regards to Trade, we would be happy to receive additional pharmaceuticals, as well as plants and cut flowers. Ideally using Portsmouth as the destination. Meanwhile we'd like to offer two separate routes to the Netherlands. One route to Rotterdam with Crude Petroleum. The main cargo would then arrive on a separate vessel in Amsterdam which could possibly contain gems and other precious metals if this is something you would seek to import? If not, then possibly Organic Chemicals which actually makes up 2.3% of the UK's exports."

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I suggest we wait until we have gathered the facts before making any decisions which could lead to any type of military action. But I can guarantee you the support of the Netherlands, we still maintain tense relations with Iran as we await their governments promised apology to the families who lost their loved ones as a result of the ICBM attack on Rotterdam."

"As for trade we see no issue with creating two trade routes, one for the transfer of pharmaceuticals and the second with plants and cut flowers. I shall have the details sent to the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate to finalise the details. In return we would be interested in importing crude Petroleum and organic chemicals. With the Port of Rotterdam being the largest port in the Netherlands and Europe, it has the capacity to handle both cargo routes, we would appreciate it if the Port of Rotterdam was used over the Port of Amsterdam."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Indeed, we would ensure to have all the facts available at hand before any solid action is considered. Any information will come following the meeting between Jericho Bourne and the Iranian Regime. All we can do at this moment in time is wait, unfortunately. We have no issue directing trade towards Amsterdam, just to confirm the finer details:

Route A from Rotterdam to Portsmouth will be carrying pharmaceuticals, plants and cut flowers.
Route B would be from Portsmouth to Rotterdam, delivering Crude Petroleum and Organic Chemicals.

Naturally this would increase job opportunities between our states, as well as an influx in different supplies. As this route would simply be crossing the English Channel, I have no concerns regarding security of the trade route either. Given the short distance, I'd suggest daily or weekly runs. Daily could be much more beneficial, however."

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I believe you mean steer all trade to Rotterdam. As for the trade route's they look fine, and we agree that a daily shipment would certainly be more beneficial. Secondly we could assign the MV Oosterbeek to trade route A, a British ship could then be assigned for trade route B. If of course your government has the capacity and means to transport the goods."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Apologies, yes, all to Rotterdam. The British Government has recently placed an order for up to six variations of cargo vessels, which a couple will be utilised for any trade between the UK and Netherlands." He'd pause, writing up a small document to finalize the details:

Trade Route A:
Route: Rotterdam to Portsmouth
Cargo: Carrying pharmaceuticals, plants and cut flowers.
Interval: Daily
Vessel: MV Oosterbeek

Trade Route B:
Route: Portsmouth to Rotterdam
Cargo: Crude Petroleum and Organic Chemicals.
Interval: Daily
Vessel: MV Dragoon

If you'd register route A with the International Trade Organisation, and we shall register for route B if you're happy with the above."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien