STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

New Rule

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Random coordinates? How is taking the time to actually look for the actual coordinate of a building, airport or or harbour, random?

Missile guidance is contingent upon direct strikes, so as to limit collateral damage.

Would you prefer precise bombing or carpet bombing?

Why is providing exact coordinates somehow misleading?

Example: Chicago's O'Hare Airport is rather large. Which terminals do I want to hit? Which runways? How about the ATC? How about the Hospital located 4 blocks away? The local AF Base?

All of this information is easily available. Apologies for attempting to be exact.

Last edited:

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
The point of the entire "new rule" is that you CLEARLY STATE your targets with not just coordinates or transit map (as Naio did with the Indian Ocean Islands of France). So if you want the White House you say White House and then coordinates. If you want Chicago O'Hare you say that with whatever terminal, runway, ATC and also the coodinates so we know exactly. You're right, the coordinates are exact, but they're very deceiving if you're not putting any words to them and some people will skim over it without thinking its them you're targeting, and I feel you did that almost deliberately so John wouldn't notice.

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
Fair point, maybe I'm just a tad bias, but if he did that as well he shouldn't.

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
How typical, bring bias into a debate about a new rule.

This is why it is difficult at best to make any positive changes in this game, because too many players come with an agenda.
Your argument began with calling my targets random.

Exact coordinates are random?

You should have just stopped there, as there was no logic to your argument.

Random and Specific are antonyms, not synonyms.

You just attacked me because you dislike me or the "side" I am on IC. And even brought up the name of another player you wanted to protect as a part of your "argument".

To be honest, I would like to see both coordinates and specific places, areas, etc. mentioned. It would make it the game more authentic.

But your side of the debate is moot now, because you obviously cannot differentiate between specific and random, or clearly (or sadly) cannot articulate that thought into a cohesive argument other than, "I do not like what is happening to my friends."

@Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
I mean, I did just say he shouldn't do it either, but I acknowledged I might've been a bit bias pointing out only you and Naio when others did it.

Anyway, you're getting into the semantics of "random" when I clearly said that's not even the point of the proposed rule (I will even edit the post to remove the word random so you don't get so worked up about it), so I'm not going to bother. I put it in there as a figure of speech, don't read too much into it.

"And even brought up the name of another player you wanted to protect as a part of your "argument"." Again, re-read what I said about Odinson.

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"Figure of Speech." "Semantics." "Random."

Buzzwords for all rule books.

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
Fine I will clearly write out how the rule should be:

"All target coordinates or transit map coordinates must be followed by the location or final destination clearly stated in words."

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
After four posts, and a lot of whining and moaning, you may be finally onto something.

Suggestion #1 - Next time just start with your basic premise. Use points to prove your case. Reexamine your case to assure that it is clear and concise, or absent of bias (as yours admittedly was). This way, others can have a cogent conversation about the concerns you bring to the table.

Suggestion #2 - Make your points without trying to insult people or criticize their roleplay, or insinuate that are playing dishonestly or unfairly. Meta is everywhere all of the time. Everyone knows it, so to put as a part of your "argument" that one side was playing unfairly is just a case of sour grapes.

Rules should be made fair for everyone, not just for a select few.

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
In my own defense, my coordinates weren't military targets for things to destroy. They were just precise locations where my ships were heading. I didn't think there was anything wrong with that.

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
I mean I did suggest that ship coordinates (transit map) be followed by their names. It's like I don't know where LF is but it might be Tasmania.

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
MODERN NATIONS NOTIFICATION
THIS SUGGESTION DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH INTEREST

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89