STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Norway] King's Speech on Serbian Strike

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
A secure telcom uplink from Washington D.C. to Oslo was now complete. Enoch was sitting at an old, sturdy wooden desk that had a radio-microphone on it. He checked his wristwatch and noted that there was only a couple of minutes before it was 10:00 A.M. in Oslo. He looked down at the speech that he and Dr. Holt had written together and practiced the first line several times. The technician that was in the room with him began counting him down from ten, and then motioned with his hand for the last five seconds. His speech was in Norwegian, but it would be translated into the language of any foreign affiliate that wished to carry it live. The King was now on the air, which was being broadcast via radio across the Norwegian realm.

"This morning I can report to the Norwegian people, and the world, that the Kingdom of Norway has conducted a successful rescue mission of our civilians in Kosovo, as well as a retaliatory strike against Serbia for the attack on our embassy.

"A few days ago, the Serbian Army conducted a Blitzkrieg into their neighbor, the Republic of Kosovo. In a short matter of time, the army was able to capture the capital, Pristina. It was after this decisive victory that the Serbian Army felt the stress of the Serbian resistance. This resistance was met with a harsh and merciless response. Serbian forces began a tactical retreat from the capital. Afterwards, dozens of artillery units began aimlessly shelling downtown Pristina with assistance from the Serbian Air Force who bombed the parliament building. We can only speculate, but during that time thousands, or possibly tens-of-thousands, of innocent people were murdered in a cold-blooded attack on mankind. I have this information to give you, because during the attack, one of these artillery shells struck the Norwegian embassy in Pristina. The explosion instantly killed nine Norwegian citizens, including our Ambassador to Kosovo, Mister Anders Viken. The embassy guards found a way to contact the Foreign Ministry, and inform them of the attack.

"Shortly thereafter, the Foreign Minister and Chief of Defense coordinated a rescue mission. Our naval forces, special forces, and the Dutch Royal Navy sailed to the Adriatic Sea. Late in the night, the Valkyries deployed from the fleet, and rescued the living survivors of the attack. The Dutch departed from our fleet and brought our citizens back home. At that point, I ordered that we retaliate against Serbia for the attack on our embassy. The Royal Navy launched over one-hundred cruise missiles at Serbian military targets, including the airbase that launched the attack on Pristina. I can report to you that both the rescue mission and the retaliation were successful.

"To keep this operation secret, the Queen, Prime Minister, and I have remained in Washington D.C. as planned - that's why I'm delivering this address from the White House here in the United States. I'm thankful to President Obama and the American people for their hospitality. Friendship between Norway and countries like the United States is vital. For example, this rescue of our civilians from Kosovo would have been even more dangerous had it not been for the assistance of the Royal Netherlands Navy...

"I salute the brave Army soldiers who saved survivors of the attack, the Royal Air Force pilots and Valkyries who led the rescue mission, and the hundreds of Royal Navy sailors operating our warships. Our commitment to the safety of the Norwegian people and our friends remains stronger than ever... All for Norway."

The radio broadcast concluded.

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
Realising that the King, Queen and Prime Minister are all visiting the United States, Canada would extend out a formal invitation for the two Prime Minister's to meet in Ottawa afterwards along with the Governor-General hosting a state visit for the King and Queen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien