STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Norway | Message to Sweden

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020

utenriksdepartementet-niva2-engelsk.png

Classified and Encrypted

To: Joseph Nyman, Under Secretary of Foreign Affairs for Nordic Cooperation. Connor
Cc:
Subject:

Good Morning Secretary Nyman,

I have been tasked with reaffirming our relationship with the Nordic Council. Previous administrations have neglected our duties as founding members of the Nordic Council and with his recent appointment, Prime Minister Stoltenberg has promised Parliament to make an effort to revive the relationship our two nations once had. I would like to inquire about the current state of the Nordic Counsel. A brief overview of what is expected of Norway as members. We are aware that treaties and agreements were made between Sweden and Norway in the past and we would like to honor those agreements. But alas we have no official documentation of any of the dealings with the Nordic Counsel or Sweden itself. Our records also show that we previously purchased military hardware from your nations Military hardware that pains me to say has fallen into disrepair and will need to be replaced. We are looking to outfit all sectors of our armed forces with new hardware and would like to look towards your vast military complex to fill some of those needs. If this is something the Swedish Government would agree to, I could offer a list of various equipment holes that would need to be filled and would await your recommendations. Parliament is set to approve a heavy increase in Norway's military budget and as a show of good intentions, would like to give Sweden the first opportunity to become one of Norway's largest military hardware suppliers before we are forced to look to the international market.

Kind Regards,

Jonas Gahr Støre, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Kingdom of Norway

Last edited:

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Dear Jonas Gahr Støre,

Thank you for your correspondence in relation to Nordic cooperation - a subject matter the administration has remained heavily committed towards throughout its tenure.

It is no secret internationally that the Nordic Council has lay somewhat dormant whilst the international community misunderstood its objectives and remit, with the inclusion of South Korea and Germany throwing doubt into the capability of the organisation. Fundamentally the Nordic Council should represent the interests of its original intended member states of Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark and Iceland. My office has been working tirelessly to reconfigure the council to better represent its origin in being exclusive to the Nordic region. I hope this is something you are keen to help us with and, if so, we will call the chambers to discuss the future of the Nordic Council to ensure your inclusivity.

Aside from the council, Norway and Sweden have always had an integral brotherly relationship. This is something we are keen to continue. I have had extensive conversations with the Department of Defence in the past who remain committed in supporting you in your endeavours to increase your military capabilities; our defence industry or access to specific assets or foreign markets, remains open to you as much as we legally can. I would be happy to accept your list of requirements to be forwarded onto the relevant government agency for review.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
Joseph Nyman
Under Secretary of Foreign Affairs for Nordic Cooperation
Department of Foreign Affairs
Kingdom of Sweden

Vaka

TOP SECRET
Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020

utenriksdepartementet-niva2-engelsk.png

Classified and Encrypted

To: Joseph Nyman, Under Secretary of Foreign Affairs for Nordic Cooperation. Connor
Cc:
Subject:

Good Morning Secretary Nyman,

One of Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg’s main campaign promises was to increase security in Scandinavia by reaffirming our status as members of the Nordic Council. We are willing to do our part in guarding our wintery islands and fjords. We currently have ground and naval units ready to be deployed wherever they might be needed. Our Navy would like to begin patrols in the Norwegian Sea, but we do not want to interfere with any current naval operations that might be going on from either the Nordic Council or Swedish Navy. Obviously, we would like to coordinate our efforts to better protect the waters around Scandinavia. Our ministry of Defense is currently holding off on any further operations until we hear back from Nordic Command.

We are also looking into building a large military base on Svalbard Island. This is to be a tremendous undertaking including not just the military base itself but a large Airbase and Port. The hope was to use this as a Joint Nordic Council base of operations to extend our protection to the arctic circle. With Sweden’s previous experience in the Antarctic, I to call a meeting of the Nordic Council to help plan its construction.

I am currently in Paris at the moment, but I would love to visit the Nordic Council headquarters on my return trip. Thank you for your correspondence and I look forward to meeting you in person.

Kind Regards,

Jonas Gahr Støre, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Kingdom of Norway

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear