STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020

1604620760410.png

1604620722267.png

1604619751995.png

OPERATION PACIFIC PARADISE
EVERY POST IN THIS THREAD IS CONSIDERED SECRET/ENCRYPTED
I. Preamble
Five Advisors from the Irish Naval Service are being deployed to the Republic of Fiji for a training exercise. The training exercise is being code named OPERATION PACIFIC PARADISE. This decision came down from Irish Minister for Defence, Michael Smith. This operation is in support of the Fijian Navy to better train their Sailors on the their newly acquired Irish built Naval Vessels.

II. Belligerents
Blufor
1604620604577.png
Republic of Ireland
1604620581696.png
Republic of Fiji (Beowulf)

Opfor

None

III. Strength

Republic of Ireland

Republic of Fiji

1st Naval Defence Group
Captaen (Captain) Herald Garfield
Oifigeach Barántais (Warrant Officer (Executive))
Oifigeach Barántais (Warrant Officer (Administrative))
Oifigeach Barántais (Warrant Officer (Engineering))
Oifigeach Barántais (Warrant Officer (Communications))

RFNS Sunshine Rain
Entire Crew of Ship - 77 Sailors, 9 Officers
Commodore Nara
FFP-"Epsilon"
RFNS Paddy-Cake
Entire Crew of Ship - 41 Sailors, 5 Officers
Captain Seru
RFNS Turquoise
Entire Crew of Ship - 41 Sailors, 5 Officers
Captain Varae

IV. Operating Bases

Status

Port Suva, Republic of Fiji

Active

V. Campaign Register

Operation

Description

Status

Operation Pacific Paradise | June 1997-PRESENT

Joint Naval Exercise

In Progress

Layout Credited to Jamie

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
The 5 Naval Advisors would have each packed a green duffle bag, with 4 military camouflaged uniforms, and a few sets of civilian attire, they would also have a separate bag containing their military dress uniforms.

The Consulate and her family would pack what they could into suitcases of all their most important belongings and clothing. They would schedule a delivery of their house hold goods to arrive in Fiji within 1 months time.

All listed above would take commercial travel airlines to fly to Fiji and pay for the tickets out of their own pockets. It would take them about 3 days to arrive in Fiji do to the short notice of finding flights.

Upon arrival at Nausori International Airport, Suva, Fiji, they would immediately go to baggage claims and retrieve their bags, then head to Customs, were they presented their Passports. The 5 Naval Advisors had the Irish Naval Service crest on theirs and the Passport book would have a blue cover. The Consulate and her families Passports would have a green cover and be inscribed with 'Eire' on the front.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Newcomer
Nov 1, 2020
The Naval Advisors are stopped and searched, they are then greeted with a big loud Bula, their passports are not checked. The young custom agents make jokes and quicks friends with the advisors laughing and trying on their hats from their bags that they checked.

The Consulate and her family are immediately greeted by golf cart and flower arrangements for neck wear. The Minister of Sugar Mr. Josefa Mara steps out of the cart.

"Bula! Vacala tike! Welcome to Fiji, Mrs. Freese! I am Josefa, I will be leading you to your villa it is in the coast-line region of Suva. There is a van over there we will not being using the cart haha! I just like the cart cause of the wind on my face. You will love it here!"
A crew of very chill and relax men who are in simple beach attire load the van of the consulate's belongings and they head for coastal Suva.

The Advisors are greeted by Captain Seru of the RFNS Paddy-Cake.
"Bula! You will be bunking with the boys at Queen Elizabeth's Barracks in Nabua in Suva. The Commodore wants you to know the crews well before we send you to the hotels for you to rest.

President Mara wishes to extend his gratitude the great Irish allies for their commitment to pacific sea safety and Fijian security.

Any questions or concerns before we proceed?"
Drivindeath

Last edited:

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Yeah got one question lad, where can I get a drink?" Captaen Garfield said in a low and tired voice. "Been travlin for three days mate, I'm feelin a stiff one, eh." He would look at the other advisors. "How about you lads?" They would all agree saying that they could use a drink or by saying of course.

One of them advisors, looked a bit sloshed. He was stumbling around reaching for his bag but couldn't quite find the handle to it. Another would pick his bag up and hand it to him. They would proceed to follow Captain Seru.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Newcomer
Nov 1, 2020
Captain Seru looks unamused by the bunch. Fiji recently taking pride in its forces who until recently looked like this tired and drunk group of men. Seru's expectation's have been lost immediately.

"Stand straight! The bus is in the parking garage, follow me we should arrive in fifteen minutes. Midshipman Raru is handing out $500 Fiji dollars to each of you, do not lose this. This is a gift from the people of Fiji to you to utilize for comforts not awarded to you by the republic's military!

Toilets are over there, wipe your faces, it is going to be a long day."
Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
The advisors would head to the rest rooms with their bags. They would splash water in their faces and wash up. They would then change into their dress uniforms. As the men exited the restrooms, they would be seen wearing dark blue uniforms with gold trim around their wrist. On their shoulders would be their ranks:

Captean
OF-5
Herald Garfield​

Oifigeach Barántais (Executive)
OR-9
Nigel Foster​

Oifigeach Barántais (Administrative)
OR-9
Kenny Dole​

Oifigeach Barántais (Engineering)
OR-9
Richard McDougal​

Oifigeach Barántais (Communications)
OR-9
Patrick O'Shae​

1604976018921.png

1604976236837.png

1604976249133.png

1604976257473.png

1604976266366.png
The Captean would speak up, "Apologies for my men, some of them apparently can't handle their liquor, however I will ensure that they will remain on their best behavior!" He would glare over at O'Shae. He would then give Captain Seru a military salute. "Shall we continue to the best Captain?"

Beowulf

Beowulf

Newcomer
Nov 1, 2020
Captain Seru will lead the gentlemen to Queen Elizabeth's Barracks to drop off their bags. Barely any of the Fijian navy is at the barracks. They will then head to Port Suva.

The Eithne-Class Patrol Vessel RFNS Sunshine Rain's Commodore Nara stands waiting for the men.

"We will have pineapple and bacon, the hammocks are on the beach. Meet the men, they are good boys and girls, be ready to meet the Queen she is expected to greet us and wish us luck in our learning. This will be followed by hakka then a three hour party followed by a four hour nap on the beach. We will finish they day with a lūʻau. We will then head back to the barracks following a longs days work."

He is wearing a floral shirt, shorts, sandals and a fijian flag banner on her arm. His assistant, a civilian, is handing out sunscreen and leis.
A large group of men in fijian naval uniforms are on the beach next to the port and the moored patrol ships. They are swinging in their hammocks and drinking and eating bacon and pineapple. They wave to the pale men and scream "Bula!"

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Pleasure to meet you Commodore" Captain Garfield would say, then he would introduce his advisors and their roles.

"Each of us have served in the Irish Defence Force, Naval Service for 15 years or more and are eager to begin teaching your Sailors. We appreciate the festivities, however when we begin training tomorrow, things are going to be business. We have only a short while to teach your Sailors what we know in the Irish Naval Doctrine. We have been hand picked by the Irish Naval Services due to our expansive knowledge on Naval Warfare and Law of the Seas. If you or any of your Sailors have questions for us, please ask, we are here to assist."

Beowulf

Beowulf

Newcomer
Nov 1, 2020

The soldiers will stand as the motorcade arrives.
Queen Maari Wasawasa, Chiefess of Suva, Soul of the Sea disembarks the vehicle and heads to a podium surrounded by cameras and journalists.

Speaking with staff and shaking the hands of Commodore Nara, Captain Seru, and a tad tardy Captain Varae.

She walks along the line of cadets and recruits for the newly established Fijian Royal Navy.

She smiles to the men but it shows that she is really new to her duties and she occasionally lacks the grace expected of a monarch.

Her fragile waves to the people reflect her nervousness as this marks her first address to the military.

QueenMaari3.PNG

"Bula, people of Fiji, residents of Suva, and our great sailors of our newly established navy.

Today we will grow in knowledge to better secure our national waters and protect our sovereignty from those who may wish it harm.

To protect our fishing rights, and the fish themselves.

I wish our troops luck in their journey to better themselves in their careers as servicemen.

I will like to extend that to our allies the Irish, hopefully they will gain knowledge from us to take back home to them. I hear Ireland is a nation divided, and I hope seeing the unity in the people. To be able to coexist in peace. To live for life and not to simply have a life because you live. Bula! Vacala tiko my people."

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
The Advisors would watch as the Queen gave her speech. They would stand upright with their hands behind their back, fingers extended and together and thumbs interlocked, feet would be about 6 inches apart. They would still be in their dress uniforms. They would have the look of a well disciplined military. They would wait patiently for the Hakka, not knowing what that was.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Newcomer
Nov 1, 2020

The festivities begin with food being eaten and people relaxed on the port concrete. It is organized chaos with cracks of poverty seeping through for the world to view, yet no one seems to be unhappy from it.

The people of Fiji are visually unified, not only embracing imperfection but ignoring it as life it's self is something they relish more than the image of living.

School children would attempt to course the Irish officers in the Fijian war dance.

Trying to get them to sway their hips to the pacific island infused music over the speakers.
To no avail, it seems hopeless they will achieve any resemblance to dance from the pale face men.

The party quickly dies down while people rush to the beach during the sunset to swing in hammocks and sleep

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
After the party, everyone would be heading to hammocks to relax, but not the Irish Advisors. They would locate Commodore Nara, and promptly request to view the RFNS Sunshine Rain's, so that they may prepare for the training tomorrow morning.

"Quite a performance, really spectacular. Never seen nothing like it. Your culture is truly beautiful. If I may, I would like to request to view the RFNS Sunshine Rain. I would like to get my other advisors ready for tomorrows training. I will also need a list of the number of crew and which sections they belong to so I know how many to assign to each advisor. We would like to officially start training at 0800 tomorrow morning." Captean Garfield would say to Commodore Nara.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Newcomer
Nov 1, 2020
"Sure you can inspect the vessel, but 0800 is not going to work. We have to eat breakfast and get showered, some of the boys like morning surf. We can convene around 1300 maybe 1400. Though is we convene then the boys are going to go for a nap at around 1600 so you will only have around two hours of training time. Lets call it 1300 and have three hours that should be good enough for the day.

Follow me I will lead you to the Sunshine Rain. She is in good order, brand new of course you know that." He opens the cabin door showing that it barely actually been touched. "I will be here if you need me." He says grabbing a cigar out on deck.

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Sir, I don't think you understand. If we are to train your men then they are going to follow our guidance. An Irish Sailor wakes up at 0400 and is ready by 0500 for Physical Training. Physical Training ends at 0600. That is their time to eat breakfast and shower until 0800 when we start the duty day. Now I am trying to be polite and just skip all that to begin at 0800.

So we will begin promptly at 0800 tomorrow. They will get breaks throughout the day. 10 minutes on the hour every hour and a lunch at noon. After lunch we will meet back at 1300 and begin training again. At 1700 they will be given guidance for the next day and be released from training. I want to ensure your sailors have the best possible training and if they aren't willing to put in the effort then my advisors and myself are wasting our time here. Sir."

Beowulf

Beowulf

Newcomer
Nov 1, 2020
"I beg to differ, my men will not convene until 1100 at the earliest. Not because they are lazy, but because the threats that face Fiji do not wake up until 1700. You are here to train us on how to best utilize the vessel Captain. The vessels do not require life, but my men require the ability to live. What exactly are they protecting if they do not get to experience it themselves? Fijian naval doctrine will not be interfered with, discipline is fine and in order. What is lacking is how to utilize the properly the equipment bought by our government from yours. That is why you are here Captain. 1100... no earlier Captain."

He begins to walk back unto the port.

"I will not sleep deprive my men, to adjust to a clock that only is heard ticking in Europe. Eat, relax, you will be surprised on how many you can accomplish when you have the flexibility to enjoy life."

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Fine 1100 but I doubt we will be able to train them on everything they'll need to know. We'll be waiting, Sir." He would say annoyed, but still maintained military bearing.

With that Captean Garfield would head to the ship with his advisors to inspect the ship and prepare his men for training the next day.

Beowulf

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
0445 hrs- The Irish Advisors would wake up and change into their PT Uniforms
0500 hrs- The Irish Advisors would go for a run around the Port area
0600 hrs- The Irish Advisors would eat breakfast, shower, and change into their DPM Uniforms:
1605241250448.png

0800 hrs- The Irish Advisors would head to the Fijian Sunshine Rain Ship and began to set up the training sites.
1100 hrs-

Beowulf

Attachments

• 1605241237221.png
    1605241237221.png
    169 KB · Views: 19

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
The Irish Advisors, the Consulate and her family would fly to Australia using Commercial Flights, then use Commercial Flights to head back to Ireland.
Exercise completed
Beowulf Danny

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear