STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

Defence-Ministry.png

Title: Operation Savior I
Document Number: RTAF-SAIOR-001/2003
Classification: TOP SECRET
Security Level: Maximum Secure
Date: April 13, 2003
XI. IntroductionX

Background

Operation Resolute Falcon was compromised after a squadron of the 2nd Long Range Reconnaissance Company of the 2nd Infantry Division was captured and taken hostage by the Karenni National People's Liberation Front. Such an action is a direct affront to the Thai Military pride, which has led to the initiation of Operation Savior I.

Objective

The objective of Operation Savior I is to search and rescue the captured squadron. Another goal of this operation, if possible, is to topple the Myanmar Military Government and install a democratic one.

XII. Command and ControlX

2.1 Guidance

This operation is conducted under the guidance of the Defense Minister, Gen. Chavalit Yongchaiyudh, and approval from Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

XIII. Operational ForcesX

Thai Navy's First Fleet
  • Naval Expeditionary Group One l(NEG1)
    • 3 Chakri Narubet-class light aircraft
      • 1,202 (+601) Crews
      • 48 Kamov Ka-50
        • HTMS Chakri Narubet
        • HTMS Thonburi Naruebet
    • 11 Naresuan-class Frigate
      • 1,650 Crews
        • HTMS Naresuan
        • HTMS Taksin
        • HTMS Uthong
        • HTMS Ramesuan
        • HTMS Borommarachathirat I
        • HTMS Yotfa
        • HTMS Worawongsathirat
        • HTMS Uthumphon
        • HTMS Ekkathat
        • HTMS Hao
        • HTMS Ban
    • 3 Gepard-class Frigate
      • 282 Crews
        • HTMS Chao Phraya
        • HTMS Noi
        • HTMS Pa Sak
    • RTNAF Squadron 101
      • 11 Kamov Ka-226
      • 80 Crews
  • Submarine Squadron (SS)
    • 3 Preveza-class, Type 209 Variant Submarine
      • 108 Crews
        • HTMS Manopakorn
        • HTMS Phahonphonphayuhasena
        • HTMS Plaek

XIV. ExecutionX

4.1 Initial Deployment

All personnel will be reported to the respective base with all necessary equipment per the Defense Ministry documents.

4.2 Communication

Effective communication among all the units must be maintained. Any unidentified or suspicious activity must be reported to the command center immediately.

4.3 Rules of Engagement

Engagement will be in accordance with the established Rule of Engagement (ROE) with the application of Immediate Action (IMA) and international laws. The use of force must be proportionate, and only used in self-defense or to deter identified threats after all non-lethal methods have been exhausted.

4.4 Support

Logistic support, including fuel, supplies, and maintenance, will be provided by the respective naval bases.

XV. CoordinationX

5.1 Inter-agency

Liaise with maritime agencies such as the Navy, Coast Guard, and Air Force to ensure maximum coverage and sharing of intelligence.

5.2 International

In case any foreign vessels or units are involved, contact must be established with the respective embassies or consulates and the situation must be reported to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

XVI. ConclusionX

The Defense Ministry has mobilized all necessary resources for the mission of search and rescue of Operation Savior I. The Defense Ministry expects that its contribution will help topple to illegitimate Myanmar Military government and install a democratically-elected government.

[Signature]
Gen. Chavalit Yongchaiyudh
Defence Minister

[Signature]
Thaksin Shinawatra
Prime Minister, Republic of Thailand

Document Clearance:
The Office of the Prime Minister
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The National Intelligence Agency
The Republic Thai Air Force Command Center
The Republic Thai Navy Command Center
The Republic Thai Armed Forces Special Warfare & Operation Command

Distribution List:
The Office of the Prime Minister
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The National Intelligence Agency
The Republic Thai Air Force Command Center
The Republic Thai Navy Command Center
The Republic Thai Police
The Republic Armed Forces Headquarters
The Republic Thai Air Defense Command
The Naval Special Warfare Command

Last edited:

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

ThaiGov.png

To: <Than Shwe, Chairman of the State Peace and Development Council> Alex
From: <Thaksin Shinawatra, Prime Minister of the Republic of Thailand>
Subject: Negotiation for the release of the Thai soldiers
Security Type: Maximum Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service - The decryption method is sent separately via fax

General Than Shwe,

I wish that the instability in Myanmar has been well-managed under the rule of laws, proportionate use of force, and respect for human rights.

I have been informed by the Republic Thai Armed Forces Headquarters that five Thai soldiers had illegally crossed the border into Myanmar, specifically the Kayah State.

My intelligence has indicated that a Thai squadron from the 2nd Long Range Reconnaissance Company of the 2nd Infantry Division was taken hostage and detained by the Karenni National People's Liberation Front. From my understanding, correct me if I am wrong, they have illegally crossed the Thai-Myanmar border and have performed an unauthorized intelligence operation regarding the nature of Myanmar state.

I want to express my deep regret for the unethical movement of our forces into your border, which is not only an affront to international law but poses a direct consequence on our bilateral relationship. As the Prime Minister of Thailand who, under normal circumstances, must be the one to authorize such an unlawful intelligence operation into the neighboring countries, accept and take all responsibility for such an incident.

I want to directly negotiate for the release of the Thai squadron, which is currently being detained by the Karenni National People's Liberation Front, back to Thailand. I am willing to announce a tax break for one year for all migrant Myanmar workers in Thailand, which accumulated to 1,574,324 people.

I want to express my regret again for this incident and I will ensure of necessary process to prevent such an unethical, unlawful action from our Armed Forces again.

Your in Diplomacy,

Thaksin Shinawatra
Prime Minister
Republic of Thailand

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
1024px-State_seal_of_Myanmar.svg.png

Negotiation
Private & Encrypted

To: Thaksin Shinawatra, Prime Minister of Thailand

Your Excellency,

I quite frankly don't believe your excuse in the slightest.

These men informed mine that they had been sent by the Thai government to infiltrate Myanmar and collect information on my government and to help insurgents in making the nation worse for everyone within its borders.

These men illegally crossed the border with firearms and proceeded to attempt to raise insurgents against the government. Least to say, this should be an act of war, but unlike Thailand and its past actions—we do not wish to enter a war. Therefore, instead of war, we will be holding on to these men and placing them through the legal system of Myanmar.

Once they serve their sentence they will be returned to Thailand.

Until then, let this serve as a warning: the Myanmar-Thailand border is shut—this includes air and maritime borders. Anyone that is found to be crossing the land border will be placed under arrest, anyone who resist will be shot. Any plane that is in Myanmar airspace will be told to leave, if they refuse then we will hold the right to shoot them down. If any ship is in Myanmar territorial waters they will be told to leave, if they refuse they will be seized or sunk.

We will not warn you and your nation again.

Kindest Regards,
Than Shwe
Chairman
Myanmar

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

ThaiGov.png

To: <Than Shwe, Chairman of the State Peace and Development Council> Alex
From: <Thaksin Shinawatra, Prime Minister of the Republic of Thailand>
Subject: RE: Negotiation for the release of the Thai soldiers
Security Type: Maximum Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service - The decryption method is sent separately via fax

General Than Shwe,

I deeply regret to realize that your government has an ingrained mistrust toward my administration and that the diplomatic solution has reached its impasse.

While I understand the insecurity of your government that has led to such a confrontational and hardline response, I want to remind you that I do not seek an escalation or severe tie between our countries. Thailand has been acting as an anchor economy of the Myanmar nation and the fact that your government has shut down our border will only result in a worsening economy of your nation. The Welfare State of Thailand has been supporting more than 1.5 million Myanmar migrant workers. They have a life as luxurious as the high-income individual of your government despite them being a workforce of our nation. Thailand and Myanmar share an interdependent tie in our economy and labor force. While the Myanmar nation supplies our country with its skilled workforce, our nation exports Thai equipment, including modern, and affordable medical equipment from the Chiang Mai Industry Sector to Myanmar.

I want you to seriously reconsider your decision and engage in the negotiation for the release of Thai soldiers. They will be handled by the Thai laws as they have indeed illegally crossed the Myanmar border and have made a direct affront to your nation's sovereignty, which is something I highly respect. The Thai government spends billions of USD annually to support 1.5 million migrant workers from Myanmar as well as another million migrant workers from Laos and Cambodia. I have made it clear that I deeply regret that my government, in 2000, couldn't prevent the military from coup and installing a shadow government of my administration which led to the Fourth Indochina War. Thailand has reconciled with the Cambodian government as seen during my meeting with their Prime Minister at the incident area. We have been painstakingly investing in the development and reconstruction of Laos and the Cambodian economy and nation, and I know that we couldn't compensate for what our military has done to them.

Thailand has been a deeply devoted nation to human rights, democracy, and peace. I seriously urge you again to reconsider your decision and engage with me diplomatically. We can establish a joint investigation on why our soldiers have claimed that their action is backed by my government.

At last, I want to firmly remind you that, as the Prime Minister of the Republic of Thailand, I have the overarching authority over my entire government and its Armed Forces. Any intervention from us won't be for the sake of military dominance but as a form of retaliation to the abuse of human rights and personal freedom and the undermind of democratic institutions inside your country.

Yours in Diplomacy,

Thaksin Shinawatra
Prime Minister
Republic of Thailand

After the message was sent, all three messages in the correspondence were immediately published by the Thai Government in the language of Thai, Myanmar, English, Spanish, Chinese, Swedish, Indian, and all national languages in Southeast Asia.

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service
Operation Savior I
Ministry of Defence
Thailand
Classification: Top Secret
Encrytped Method: Maximum Secure
Date: April 21, 2003​
Participant: Thailand | Myanmar Alex

After an escalation of the Thai-Myanmar tension, the Thai Government finally addressed its approach and solution to the Myanmar Question. With the closure of the border and over 12,000 combatants deployed by the Myanmar military near the Thai border, such a situation has raised concerns for Thai national security. The Naval Expeditionary Group One (NEG1), which has been dormant and stationed at the Sattahip Naval Base would be a call to action. The 2 Charki Narubet Class would be equipped with the necessary supplies and resources for 180 days of deployment and each carrier can support up to 16 sorties for each of all armament options of the Kamov Ka-50. The helicopters would have the following 16 sorties for the full armament of each option: Rockets: 80 × 80 mm S-8 rockets and 20 × 122 mm S-13 rocket, Missiles: 2 × APU-6 Missile racks, able to accommodate a total of 12 × 9K121 Vikhr anti-tank missiles, Bombs: 4 × 250 kg (550 lb) bombs or 2 × 500 kg (1,100 lb) bombs, and Other: 23 mm UPK-23-250 gun pods (240 rounds each), 500 L (130 US gal) external fuel tanks. Reportedly, twin Igla light air-to-air missile launchers under each wingtip countermeasure pod (total 4 missiles). "Iz 305" LMUR AGM/ATGM. Each of them would also carry two pods on the wingtips with flare and chaff countermeasure dispensers, 4 UV-26 dispensers each (total 32 chaff/flare cartridges in each pod)

The Charki Narubet Class would be equipped with 4 × SRBOC decoy launchers for 32 decoys each and SLQ-32 towed decoy. Their armament would include 2 × 0.5-inch machine guns and 3 × sextuple Sadral launchers for Mistral surface-to-air missiles. Their deck can carry up to 14 Kamov Ka-50 with another 10 in the hangar. They have two transport lifts for these helicopters and another 2 lifts to transport supplies for 16 sorites of all kinds of armament.

The Naresuan-class Frigates would be equipped with 6 × Decoys Terma SKWS (C-Guard) for 24 x Terma DL-12T and 24 x Terma Mk.137 each, and ESM ITT ES-3601 (AN/SLQ-4), and ECM Type 984-1 noise jammer & Type 981-3 deception jammer, which both could reach the effective range of 80 to 100 kilometers. Their armament included 1 × 5 in/54 (127 mm) Mk 45 Mod 2 naval gun with 500 rounds, 2 × 30mm MSI-DSL DS30MR automated small caliber gun, 8 cell Mk.41 VLS for 32 x RIM-162 ESSM, 8 × RGM-84 Harpoon SSM launcher, and 2 × Triple Mark 32 Mod 5 torpedo tubes. Each of them will carry a Kamov Ka-226

The Gepard-ass Friagtes would have these armaments: Artilerry: 1x 76.2mm AK-176M/MA naval gun with 420 rounds of 76.2 mm, Cruise missiles: 8x UKSK VLS cells for Kalibr missiles, Anti-submarine warfare: 2x 533mm DTA-53 twin-tube (2×2) torpedo launcher, Anti-air warfare: 1x Palash/Palma-SU CIWS featured with 8x Sosna-R short-range air defense missiles, 1x Osa-M twin-launcher for 20x 9M33M short-range air defense missiles, and 12x Shtil-1 VLS cells for 9M317ME medium-range surface-to-air missiles. They would also be equipped with EW Suite: 2 × Bell Shroud passive intercept, 2 × Bell Squat jammers, and Countermeasures: 4 × 16-barreled Pk-16 decoy launchers.

The Preveza-class, Type 209 Variant Submarine would be equipped with the following armament: 14 × Mark 54 torpedoes, 1 × UGM-84(D) Harpoon, and 1 × Mi 11 Stealth Naval Mine.

The position of the NEG1 screen would be as follows:

HTMS Charki Narubet would form the center of the formation. All three Gepard-class Frigate would form an Inner Screen in a triangular shape, each of them positioned 6 kilometers from the flagship, with the apex of the triangle directed in front of the carrier and 8 kilometers from the flagship. One submarine (HTMS Phahonphonphayuhasena) would be positioned 10 kilometers forward from the apex.

The 2 Naresuan-class frigate (HTMS Hao and HTMS Ban would form the Rearguard (Aft Screen). Each of them would be 4 kilometers apart and are 3 kilometers behind the Inner Screen.

Four Naresuan-class frigates(HTMS Yotfa, HTMS Worawongsathirat, HTMS Uthumphon, and HTMS Ekkathat) would form the Flank Screen along the two lines of the Triangle leading to the Apex. They would also be 4 kilometers apart and are 3 kilometers from the triangular line.

Two Naresuan-class Frigate(HTMS Ramesuan and HTMS Borommarachathirat I) would form the Outer Screen. Their position would be in the middle of the line between the Flank Screen, which is a 2 km center point. Each of them would be positioned 10 kilometers from the line. Two submarines (HTMS Chao Phraya and HTMS Noi) would be positioned 50 kilometers from the Inner Screen apex and 5 kilometers from each other.

Three Naresuan-class Frigates (HTMS Naresuan, HTMS Taksin, HTMS Uthong), and HTMS Thonburi Narubet would form the Vanguard (Forward Screen). The frigates would form a triangular formulation around the carrier as the Inner Screen. They would be 6 kilometers apart from the carrier in the center. The base of the triangle would be 20 kilometers from the apex of the Inner Screen and 10 kilometers from the submarine. The apex of the Vanguard would be in the middle of the Outer Screen submarines' middle point.

The Framework of Defense Readiness Postures (FDRP) for the Thai Armed Forces had been raised from Threat Detected (TDE) to Heightened Readiness (HRD)

The NEG1 is stationed at the Sattahip Naval Base in OK. They would be operated by 4,531, well-trained, well-rested, and exceptionally great health personnel of the Thai Navy. They would depart from the Sattahip Naval Base at 0400 ICT in the predetermined formation. They would travel outside of the territorial waters of any country and remain in the international waters, where all of the ships within the formation would also remain inside of the international waters. They would follow the course of OK > OJ > NJ > NK.

During their travel and deployment, the NEG1 would utilize all of its ESM to passively detect, intercept, and analyze all electromagnetic emissions that passed by while refraining from active emissions that could reveal their location. They would conservatively employ their ECM to hide their location and create fake movement in a passive manner that doesn't reveal their position by emitting too much emission. All systems within the NEG1 would be active, including sonar to detect underwaterrs.

The NEG1 center, the flagship HTMS Charki Narubet, when arrived, would be 250 kilometers from the coast of Yangon, and the entire formation and all ships would be outside the territorial water of Myanmar.

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service
Operation Savior I
Ministry of Defence
Thailand
Classification: Top Secret
Encrytped Method: Maximum Secure
Date: April 25, 2003​
Participant: Thailand | Myanmar Alex

The NEG1 would now arrive at the position of 250 kilometers from the territorial waters of Myanmar and Yangon. During this time, they would utilize their ESM to gather intelligence as explained in the previous document in a passive way that didn't reveal their position. In the same way, they would conservatively utilize their ECM as mentioned in the previous document passively, in a manner that didn't reveal their identity or position, to hide their identity, and location, and create a false presence of over 100 warships 1 kilometer from Myanmar territorial water across the day. The fake presence of a total of over 100 warships that will be accounted for each day will be available to any observation, whether it is civilian or military.

They would continue to engage in psychological warfare and electronic warfare until the end of April. When the dawn, a time when the sun had risen in Yangon, of the new month, NEG1 would travel closer to Myanmar while remaining completely outside of its territorial water and within the international water in a manner that was indubitable, unequivocal, and unambiguous during the entirety of its deployment. They would travel to the southmost shoreline of Myanmar in NK, staying 1 kilometer from its territorial water in a manner that was indubitable, unequivocal, and unambiguous that they were in the international water, and patrol to the northernmost of Myanmar shoreline in NL back and fourth twice. During this time, as mentioned in the previous document, every system and everything on the ship would be on high alert and could be ordered to do anything it could do instantly. At the same time, and would still use its ESM and ECM in the same manner mentioned in the previous paragraph and like what they did from 25th April to the end of that month.

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019

Myanmar-Air-Force-radar-1.jpg

One of Myanmar's Many Coastal Radar Stations

Following the government's call for mobilization and readiness of the armed forces, all military radar stations in Myanmar had gone online and began monitoring both the skies and the seas (when available). Of the 9 radar stations throughout the nation, 5 of them were close enough to the coast with a flat enough view to be able to see well into the horizon of the Andaman Sea. This meant that as the Thai fleet was sailing into the sea, the radars picked them up almost immediately. This was for the fact that it was impossible to hide a giant hunk of metal that was emitting any sort of radiation—including ESM systems that were on these ships. As, unfortunately, the ECM systems equipped of the frigates were jamming and deception system which were in fact not passive systems and actively sent out signals.

Of the 5 radar stations that could see into the sea, it was the 80K6 radar system located in Myeik that detected the fleet coming in from the south-west. Immediately, the crew of the station wrote numbers and specifications down and the entire air force was brought in to high alert, with all aircraft being continuously maintained to assure they would be able to be shipped off for a potential attack within a minute of being called, their pilots being held extremely close to the aircraft.

From Myeik Air Force Base and Coco Island Airport Base, 4 (2 from each) Fokker F27 Friendship maritime patrol aircrafts were shipped off with crews of 3: 2 pilots and 1 cameraman. The 2 aircraft from Myeik flew closely, but outside of the fleet's "air control"—remaining in international airspace—to the south of the fleet as all members of the aircraft took in as much information of the ships as possible while the cameraman took photo after photo. The 2 aircraft from Coco Island did the same, but flew via the north of the fleet. When they believed they had enough information, the aircraft returned to their air ports of origin.

With the information collected from the radar stations and the maritime patrol aircrafts, it was determined that the fleet numbered 2 amphibious assault ships/aircraft carriers, 14 frigates, and 2-4 submarines. In total, the fleet was believed by the Myanmar government to be 18-20 ships with a greater number of aircraft accompanying them.

All of this was done before the fleet even reached their desired destination.

Once the fleet had reached its destination, it was tracked heavily by the 4 radar stations on the northern shores of the Andaman Sea: 1 Vostok-E radar station and 3 1L117 "Big Bar" radar stations. The attempt by the Thai fleet to seem much larger would fail immensely for more reasons than the radar detection and aircraft observation. Specifically, the systems on the ships are to detect or deceive radars. The methods of deceiving they have are noise jamming and deception systems. Noise jammers jam radars by overwhelming them with signals to make it harder for them to detect and accurately track targets, they cannot trick a radar into believing a target has magically multiplied. Deception systems deceit radars by working along the knowledge of their operating procedures, rather than simply blinding them with noise. Thus, while the radars would have issues here and there, the Myanmar government knew very well how many ships were off their shores.

20220129-ASP001-0.jpg

Myanmar Light Infantry

Elsewhere in Myanmar, the mobilization of the armed forces had been completed.

The light infantry divisions were the first to mobilize and reach their destinations on the Thai border. The 12th Division set up positions in Naunghwa, the 22nd Division set up positions in Akyawkhi, the 44th Division set up positions in Kyondaw, the 77th Division set up positions across Ban Tha Song Yang, the 11th Division set up positions in Mese, the 66th Division set up positions near the Mae Ngao village, the 20th Division set up positions near Hwe-Hpakkatnok, the 33rd Division set up positions in Wan Namon, the 55th Division set up positions in Loi Tai Leng, the 88th Division set up positions in Wan Hsenlong, and the 99th Division set up positions far south-east of Hmone Hta.

Not far behind, the active duty units followed by setting up their own positions. The 3rd Armoured Division set up in Mongton, the 5th Armoured Division in Mong Lin, the 1st Armoured Division in Kyondoe, the 2nd Armoured Division in Mong Hsat, and the 4th Armoured Division would remain in Yangon as reserves.

The Airborne Division in the capital and all anti-aircraft systems throughout the nation were placed on high alert, with the SAM systems actively scanning Myanmar airspace.

Lastly, various militia groups that were neutral or allied with the government of Myanmar also prepared for war. Most notably, the state Karen's militias, and Wa State Army's highly equipped and trained divisions.

Word among the capital citizens and militiamen echo that the Chairman of the Council is attempting to hold a summit between his government and all militia groups in the hopes of securing a ceasefire and truce to have a united front against the Thai.

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Figure-1.png

Naval Expeditionary Group One Formation​

The Thai NEG1, maintaining its formation as depicted in the image, would indeed generate detectable emissions due to its aggressive posture. While on patrol, the radar of NEG1, encompassing a 500-kilometer radius, would effortlessly identify all Fokker F27 Friendship maritime patrol aircraft. The expansive 'air control' domain of NEG1 means that the two aircraft departing from Myanmar would have been safer within their national airspace, which offered protection against attacks. Yet, their presence in international waters placed them squarely within the ambit of NEG1's Electronic Support Measures (ESM) and Electronic Countermeasures (ECM).

The Thai NEG1, utilizing its advanced ESM and ECM systems, would analyze and identify the specific aircraft systems of the Fokker F27s. Since these aircraft, given their older technology, are unlikely to fly at altitudes comparable to modern reconnaissance aircraft or bombers, they fall directly within the effective range of Thai ECM and ESM capabilities.

As long as the Fokker F27s, or any other Myanmar aircraft, remained within international waters and under the coverage of Thai Electronic Warfare (EW) systems, the NEG1 would continuously and aggressively employ its ECM capabilities to disrupt any operational systems on the Fokker F27s. The NEG1’s ECM bursts would be relentless, persisting until the aircraft either exited the area of operation or returned to Myanmar airspace.

Simultaneously, considering the proximity of five of Myanmar's coastal radar systems, which are positioned to optimize visibility over the Andaman Sea, the Thai NEG1’s ESM would also detect and analyze these electronic signals. This would enable the Thai vessel to intercept and jam Myanmar's radar systems as long as they remained within effective range. All these operations of the NEG1 would be conducted within international waters, thereby respecting Myanmar's sovereignty.

images-23.jpg

Thai Army Border Patrol Troops​

Since the Framework of Defense Readiness Postures (FDRP) for the Thai Armed Forces was set at HRD and was recently raised to IMA, the Thai Armed Forces were already on high alert and had been proactively mobilized, as outlined in the Defense Ministry Document. The Republic Thai Army, operating 69,000 paramilitary border patrol forces, akin to the Republic Thai Police but with superior armament and specialization in border defense, was highly vigilant. These forces, as detailed in the Defense Ministry Document, comprised Border Patrol Troops, Rapid Response Units, Intelligence Units, Support and Logistics Units, and Command and Control Units, inheriting the legacy of the Royal Thai Army since World War Two.

In terms of equipment and readiness, not extensively covered in the Defense Document, the forces were equipped as follows:

Personal Protection and Weaponry: Each soldier was outfitted with advanced lightweight body armor capable of withstanding high-caliber impacts, and ballistic helmets designed for both protection and communication integration. The standard-issue M16A4 rifle was complemented by the compact, yet powerful Heckler & Koch USP sidearm. Specialized units carried heavier weaponry, including M249 light machine guns and Javelin anti-tank missile systems for specific tactical needs.

Surveillance and Communication Equipment: Surveillance capabilities were enhanced with the latest thermal imaging binoculars and reconnaissance drones, allowing for effective monitoring of vast border areas. Communication was facilitated through advanced, encrypted radio systems, designed to function in diverse environmental conditions, ensuring uninterrupted operations.

Medical and Survival Gear: Each soldier was equipped with a comprehensive field first aid kit, capable of handling a variety of medical emergencies. Survival packs included essential supplies for sustenance and shelter in remote operations, ensuring self-sufficiency for extended periods.

Specialized Equipment: Depending on the operational environment, soldiers had access to specialized equipment. This included SCUBA gear for amphibious operations, high-altitude climbing gear for mountainous terrains, and urban breaching tools for operations in built-up areas.

Through intensive, scenario-based training programs, all personnel were continually honed for a variety of potential situations, ranging from border skirmishes and major conflicts to humanitarian crises and managing refugee influxes. This multifaceted preparedness approach enabled the Border Patrol to maintain a state of peak readiness, safeguarding the nation's borders against any potential threats.

The Thai Border Patrol, functioning under the vigilant oversight of the Thai Armed Forces Headquarters, meticulously patrols the entire stretch of the Thai border. These patrols, strategically dispersed, focus particularly on areas like the dense forests of the northern border and the riverine landscapes of the west, known as potential hotspots for incursions or security threats. Equipped with state-of-the-art surveillance gear, including thermal imaging cameras and seismic motion detectors, these units ensure comprehensive monitoring, even under the cover of darkness or challenging weather conditions.

Each patrol unit, assigned to a distinct sector of the border, coordinates its operations from highly secure, fortified command posts. These posts, situated at vantage points like elevated terrains for broader visibility, feature advanced communication systems for seamless real-time liaison with the Thai Armed Forces Headquarters.

The core duty of these patrols is to collate and dispatch actionable intelligence to the headquarters. This intelligence encompasses detailed observations of foreign military movements, suspicious civilian activities near the border, and potential security breaches. Additionally, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) of the Thai Army such as IAI Searcher 2, equipped with high-resolution cameras and thermal imaging, extend the surveillance reach, offering aerial reconnaissance to complement ground observations. Beyond surveillance, these units are adept in rapid response tactics, primed to confront potential threats effectively until reinforced.

images-24.jpg

The Thai Air Force 407th Fighter Squadron, "Python," flying​

Following the transition from an FDRP being HRD, the Republic Thai Air Force had escalated its focus on strategic air defense readiness, ensuring a heightened state of preparedness for the enforcement of no-fly zones. Its Airborne Early Warning and Control Systems (AWACS) were placed on high alert, offering comprehensive surveillance and command capabilities. Combat aircraft, including an array of advanced fighter jets, were positioned on quick reaction alert status, ready for rapid deployment.

As the FDRP level escalated to IMA, the Republic Thai Air Force meticulously readied its fleet. Strategic bombers, equipped with long-range precision weapons, and versatile fighter jets, capable of both air-to-air combat and ground attack missions, along with transport aircraft vital for rapid deployment of troops and equipment, were fully armed and fueled, on standby for immediate launch.

Simultaneously, the Republic Thai Air Defense System was actively monitoring Thai airspace and extensively surveying the majority of Myanmar airspace. This surveillance included the tracking of any airborne objects, employing advanced radar systems fully integrated with NEG1's network. These radar installations, boasting a reach of 500 kilometers, provided a comprehensive overview of aerial movements. As a result, Thailand maintained vigilant monitoring and tracking of all activities within Myanmar's airspace, ready to respond to any incursion or threat swiftly and decisively.

40117.jpg

The Republic Thai Army Soldiers​

The Republic Thai Army, adhering to the protocols established under the FDRP's HRD directive, achieved full mobilization, placing all units in a heightened state of readiness. Comprehensive system diagnostics were conducted, ensuring that communication networks, surveillance equipment, and logistical frameworks were fully operational. Weapon systems underwent rigorous checks, confirming their readiness for immediate deployment. Resource mobilization, encompassing ammunition, medical supplies, and sustenance, was systematically organized for rapid distribution. Military exercises, encompassing both offensive and defensive maneuvers, were executed, simulating diverse conflict scenarios to adapt to any unforeseen challenges.

With the transition from HRD to IMA status, the Army’s state of preparedness was impeccable. Personnel were briefed, equipped, and psychologically conditioned for the rigors of combat. The mechanized units were strategically loaded onto transport vehicles, enabling swift and stealthy movement. Command structures within divisions, brigades, and battalions were solidified, ensuring seamless coordination and communication for potential military engagements.

Considering the expansive scale of the Myanmar Army's deployment and the globalized nature of information dissemination, particularly through platforms like Twitter, it was anticipated that the movements and strategies of the Myanmar Army would rapidly become global knowledge.

For the Fourth Army, precise positioning was key. The 5th Infantry Division was entrenched at coordinates 11°46'34"N 99°39'28"E, positioned to leverage the geographical advantages of the terrain. The 15th Infantry Division, stationed at 15°18'18"N 98°24'14"E, fortified their position with camouflaged artillery units. The 10th Infantry Division, at 15°47'51"N 98°35'03"E, established a network of surveillance outposts for early warning capabilities.

The Thai First Army established a secure perimeter around the capital of Mae Hong Son, maintaining a safe distance from civilian populations while ensuring strategic control of key access points. The Second Army, near Pai, was positioned strategically to monitor and control major travel routes, keeping a vigilant eye on any unusual movements while remaining unobtrusive to the tourist population. The Third Army, stationed near the capital of Chiang Rai, implemented a decentralized command structure, allowing for rapid response and maneuverability while maintaining a safe buffer zone for the protection of civilians.

Alex

Last edited:

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Secret unless contextual possible.

The Naval Expeditionary Group One (NEG1), which had maintained a state of peak readiness and alacrity, received a call-back order through the secure line of the NSST from the Thai Navy. At this juncture, all Thai personnel aboard were in their prime physical and mental conditions, a testament to their rigorous training and exceptional human capacity. Each vessel in the group had its onboard systems fully active, mirroring the readiness of the crew, poised for any eventuality or immediate engagement.

Their journey back to the Sattahip Naval Base was meticulously executed, retracing the route from OK to OJ, then NJ to NK in reverse. The fleet maintained a steady speed of 12 knots, carefully avoiding proximity to any territorial waters to prevent diplomatic incidents or misunderstandings. This cautious approach underscored their strategic discipline and commitment to international maritime protocols.

Upon their arrival at the Sattahip Naval Base, NEG1 remained on high alert. The group's state of readiness was seamlessly transferred from their deployment to their home base, ensuring they were prepared for immediate redeployment or engagement as necessitated by any emerging situation or directive from the Thai Navy command.​

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Secret unless contextual possible.

Over a month had elapsed since the last flare-up of tensions between Thailand and Myanmar. Following the complete demobilization of the Thai Armed Forces exactly a month prior, and in the absence of any official commentary from the Myanmar government, the situation had stabilized significantly. The FDRP level had been adjusted to IVG, signaling a marked decrease in hostilities and a shift toward diplomatic resolutions.

This period of relative tranquility led to a consensus: the Thai soldiers captured during the conflict, who were serving sentences in Myanmar, would eventually be repatriated to Thailand to continue their confinement. This decision was influenced by a combination of diplomatic negotiations, international pressure, and a mutual desire to de-escalate tensions between the two nations.

Consequently, Operation Savior I, initially launched as a response to the crisis, was officially concluded. The operation's end marked a significant milestone in the easing of bilateral tensions and was a testament to the effectiveness of diplomatic channels in resolving complex international disputes.​

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II