STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Philippines] Message for Russia

Apingdaldal

RP'ing The Philippines, RL'ing The Philippines
Jul 1, 2018
This message is private and encrypted

To: Konstantin Vladimirovich Belyakov - Minister-President (Russian Empire

Greetings.

On behalf of the Filipino people, I wish to congratulate you and your Emperor, His Majesty Mikhail II, for embarking on a next chapter of the Russian Empire's history.

I'd like to know if you would be interested in discussing bilateral ties and the renewal of treaties/agreement between the Philippine government and your predecessor. Perhaps we can discuss all these through videocall, of course in your most convenient and available time.

Hoping for your positive response. Peace and prosperity to the Russian empire.

Sincerely yours,

Rodrigo R. Duterte
President
Federal Republic of the Philippines

@MistaPuddin

MistaPuddin

Newcomer
Sep 11, 2018
Russia's positive reply and timetable would be delivered by the ambassador to the Philippines. The new Minister-President was eager for his government to begin forging diplomatic relations with other countries, particularly with Asia's great powers. After a short conversation with miitary and economic advisors Belyakov placed an encrypted video call to President Duterte of the Philippines. A dim light light up his face as he sat at an ornate conference table in his office. "Hello, this is Minister-President Belyakov calling for President Duterte."

@Apingdaldal

Apingdaldal

Jul 1, 2018
As President Duterte is still on-talks with the Japanese PM and Prime Minister Marcos Jr. still on-talks with Nigeria's President Jonathan, the videocall is redirected to the office of the Department of Foreign Affairs.

Prior to Minister-President Belyakov call, DFA Secretary Cayetano is already informed by President Duterte that the Russian government will call and that he should lead the discussion on his behalf in his absence. DFA Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano will answer the videocall via private and secured line:

"Hello Minister-President Belyakov. I'm Alan Peter Cayetano of the Dept. of Foreign Affairs. I apologize if you were expecting for Pres. Duterte. Unfortunately, he is still tied up in a discussion with another world leader. Hence, I was instructed to proxy him on his behalf for this video conference. Indeed this is an honor to be in a high-level diplomatic talks with you, Minister-President Belyakov.

By the way, how Russia lately, Sir?"

@MistaPuddin

MistaPuddin

Newcomer
Sep 11, 2018
"We are doing well here. I hope things are well in the Philippines. No need to apologize, your excellency, I know the president is a busy man. Nevertheless it is an honor to speak with a representative of the Philippines. So, how shall we begin?"

Apingdaldal

Jul 1, 2018
"The formal diplomatic relationship between Philippines and Russia had been intact since 1976. Russia has an embassy in Manila while my country has an embassy in Moscow and two (2) honorary consulates: one in St. Petersburg and the other in Vladivostok. But aside from embassies and consulates, that is all. Hence, we like to discuss a few things to further upgrade our relations.

"Basically there are three (3) things in our agenda: Trade, Military, and Politics.

Let's start with the Trade. Perhaps we could possible setup trade deals between our country to diversify the products marketed in our country. With this, I would like to know what are the main exports of your country.

For Military, we acknowledge Rosoboronexport's credible reputation in providing sophisticated yet on the same the cost effective military equipment in armed forces around the globe. Our government had several successful acquisition of military vehicles with your predecessor. I just want to know if we can expect the same from your current government when it comes to military acquisition.

As for Politics, I want to inquire if the Russia is a member of the Global Assembly, and which countries have already established bilateral relationships with your government."

@MistaPuddin

MistaPuddin

Newcomer
Sep 11, 2018
"In regards to trade our primary export is energy. Russia has the largest reserves of coal, oil, and natural gas. We have significant reserves of precious gems and metals. Russian industries manufacture and export mining and agricultural equipment as well as building materials such as steel, lumber, and iron. Then of course there's our defense industry which exports more weapons and materiel than any other country in the world." Belyakov said as he referenced a stack of papers with facts and figures near him.

"Which leads me to your second question. Our military-industrial complex is still fully functional. We are willing to sell export variants of our weapons, equipment, and warships to any country whom we believe are responsible actors in global affairs. As long as our exports are not reverse engineered or resold without our permission I see no reason not to continue our fruitful partnership with the Philippines.

Finally to answer your last question, Russia is still a member of the Global Assembly and we maintain cordial diplomatic relations with nearly every country in the world. We have not seen it necessary to close or downsize any diplomatic missions. As we speak the emperor is on a state visit to Bharata Khanda. We will have to wait and see what comes of that.

Perhaps you could answer the same questions for me?"

@Apingdaldal

Apingdaldal

Jul 1, 2018
"Absolutely Sir. We understand the strict policy of Rosoboronexport when it comes to defense acquisition. Should we buy Russian products in the future, you will not worry about reselling and reverse engineering at all. I can ressure oyu that , Minister-President Belyakov. We can also assure that we will use Russian military products responsibly.

As for international politics and foreign relations of the Philippines, Philippines is an active member of the Global Assembly. We have formal relationship with almost all major countries in the Asia Pacific region, notably Vietnam, Taiwan, Singapore, and hopefully Japan and South Korea. We also have strong bilateral relationship with European powers like the United Kingdom, Netherlands, and France. Among the African nations, Philippines is a military ally of Egypt and an economic ally of Nigeria. And last but not the least, we have strong ties with the South American superpower: Argentina and with the rising power: Brazil. The current Philippine government has been stable, resilient, but still flexible in forging workable and sustainable bilateral relationship with any country as long they are interested in have bilateral relationship with my country. Your two (2) previous predecessor all had bilateral ties with the Philippines."

@MistaPuddin

Last edited:

MistaPuddin

Newcomer
Sep 11, 2018
"It is a relief to know that the Philippines is a responsible partner. For the record my government is willing to continue the Russo-Philippine relationship in some form."

@Apingdaldal

Last edited:

Apingdaldal

Jul 1, 2018
"Thank you for your confidence to us. We reassure to you that Philippines will always be a partner of Russia in all humane and productive endeavors.

Ok so we have four (4) things we want to discuss regarding our countries' relationship. We'd like to know if you would be interested in the following:

1. Free Trade Agreement

2. The establishment of direct flights between Philippines and Russia

3. Establishment of potential trade routes

4. Non-Aggression Pact or even a Mutual Defense Treaty

We have drafts already ready just in case if your interested.

Furthermore, we would also like to know if Russia can assist the Philippines in building up our defense capability; particularly in our indigenous research and developments. Philippines still would rely on buying military hardware to other countries, such as Russia, whose military products are already proven porducts. But we cannot discount the need of developing our on products to fill some of our defense needs. Hence, we'd also like to know if Russia can support on this by providing us access to some Russian systems / subsystems."

@MistaPuddin

MistaPuddin

Newcomer
Sep 11, 2018
"We are interested in all four things. Free trade and travel as well as a Non-Aggression Pact would be a good first step in rebuilding our relations. As to your second question we can provide support for your researchers. Perhaps we could form a joint development venture?"

@Apingdaldal

Apingdaldal

Jul 1, 2018
DFA Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano would instruct one of his female staff to fax the 2x pre-signed drafts to the office of Minister-President Belyakov. The FTA Draft and and NAP draft are faxed via private, secured facsimile line:

Pact of Cooperation and Trade Agreement
Between
The Federal Republic of the Philippines
And
The Russian E,pire
On Trade, Commerce and General Cooperation

The government of The Federal Republic of the Philippines and the government of The Russian Empire: (hereinafter referred to singularly as “the Party” and collectively “the Parties”),

RECOGNIZING the existing friendly relations between the two countries,

FURTHER RECOGNIZING the importance of trade and commerce in the development of the economies of both countries;

DESIRING to strengthen and further develop exchange between the two countries in the field of trade, commerce, science, development and commercial/military industry; and

BELIEVING that such cooperation would serve their common interests and contribute to the development of their economies in both countries;

RECOGNIZING the different comparative advantages in production and manufacturing of both countries,

HAVE AGREED as follows:

1.The purposes of this Pact of Cooperation and Trade Agreement (PC/TA) is to intensify the commercial and financial exchange between both Parties in order to broaden and expand their respective economies.

2.Both Parties agree upon extending limited tax and tariffs incentives to companies and ventures of their counterpart who want to invest and start business in each other territory.

3.The Parties agree upon the creation and establishment of joint Chamber of Commerce, which main goal will be the promotion of bilateral trade and commercial exchange.

4.The Parties agree upon the creation of a joint committee in order to identify projects and areas in which cooperation, in all its forms, can be of use for both countries.

REVISION, MODIFICATION AND AMENDMENT

1. Either Party may request in writing a revision, modification or amendment of all or any part of this Trade agreement.

2. Any revision, modification or amendment agreed to by the Parties shall be in writing and shall form an integral part of this PC/TA.

3. Such revision, modification or amendment shall come into force on such date as may be determined by the Parties.

4. Any revision, modification or amendment shall not prejudice the rights and obligations arising from or based on this PC/TA before or up to the date of such revision, modification or amendment.

ENTRY INTO FORCE, DURATION AND TERMINATION

1. This PC/TA shall come into force on the date of signing remain in force indefinitely unless otherwise termination of the PC/TA was mutually agreed.

2. Notwithstanding anything in this Article, either Party may terminate this PC/TA by notifying the other Party in writing through diplomatic channels at least one (1) month prior to its intention to do so.

3. Unless otherwise agreed by the Party's in writing, the termination of this PC/TA shall not affect the implementation of any cooperative activity undertaken under this PC/TA and not yet completed at the time of the termination of this PC/TA.

Signing for:

Philippines: Rodrigo Roa Duterte - President (Federal Republic of the Philippines)

Russia: (please sign here)

Done at Manila, Philippines on October 2012 in duplicate originals, in the English and Russian language.

Non-Aggression Pact Between the Federal Republic of the Philippines and the Russian Empire

The government of the Federal Republic of the Philippines and the government of the Russian Empire (hereinafter referred to singularly as “the Party” and collectively “the Parties”), with the desire to maintain their friendly and peaceful relationship has reached to these agreement:

Article I

The Parties obligate themselves to desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other either individually or jointly with other powers.

Article II

Should one of the the Party become the object of belligerent action by a third power, the other Party shall in no manner lend its support to this third power.

Article III

The Governments of both Party shall in the future maintain continual contact with one another for the purpose of consultation in order to exchange information on problems affecting their common interests.

Article IV

Neither of the Parties shall participate in any grouping of powers whatsoever that is directly or indirectly aimed at the other party.

Article V

Should disputes or conflicts arise between the Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

Article VI

The present treaty is concluded for a period of twenty (20) years, with the provision that, in so far as one of the Party does not denounce it one year prior to the expiration of this period, the validity of this treaty shall automatically be extended for another twenty (20) years.

Article VII

The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed.

Signing for:

Philippines: President Rodrigo Roa Duterte

Russia: (please sign here)

Done at Manila, Philippines on October 2012 in duplicate originals, in the English and Russian language.

For the direct flights, we would propose that we establish a daily direct flight between Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Manila) and Sheremetyevo International Airport (Moscow) via Philippines' Philippine Air Lines (PAL) and any Russian national carrier. For trade routes, Philippines is interested in importing Steel. Are there any of our product which we can export in exchange let say agricultural products?"

As for the idea of a military joint development venture..... hmmmm... Do you think is possible that Russia will do a military R&D joint venture with a country like Philippines since I think Russia has everything. (DFA Secretary Cayetano would smile while scratching his head). So far from what I heard from our AFP/DND, they are planning to develop an indigenous main battle tank and a small naval craft similar to a missile FAC or a corvette. All of which are still on the drawing boards. However, in this early stage, we are looking to military hardware ans subsystems which we can integrate with these planned R&D. Here's what the AFP/DND had initially in mind:

a.) For the planned indigenous main battle tank, we are considering to integrate the Arena-E APS (Active Protection System) and the Malachit ERA (explosive reactive armor).

b.) For the planned naval craft, we are considering to integrate the Zarya-ME bow-mounted sonar, Vinyetka towed sonar array, and the Ratep 5P-10E Puma Fire Control Radar.

Furthermore, we are also planning to upgrade our existing Mil-17 transport helicopters and Mi-24D attack helicopters."

@MistaPuddin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89