STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Phone Call to The King of The Netherlands

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
The following call takes place after the ETO Leader's Council.
This thread is in response to this post.

A phone call was made from the Royal Palace in Oslo. It was King Enoch calling for King Willem of The Netherlands. From what the Dutch could see, the phone call was encrypted on the Norwegian side, however it was not the normal line that Norwegian officials from the Palace would use to contact the Dutch. Enoch stood by on the other side of the line, waiting for King Willem to pick up.

@Dutchy

Last edited:

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The call would first be verified before being forwarded to the office of the King. He would answer the call once he knew his side was encrypted, "Good morning, Willem-Alexander speaking."

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
For a few moments the Dutch King heard static on the other end of the line. The quality did not sound like the best, in fact it sounded old. He heard a tired, raspy voice on the other end of the line. Enoch spoke up, "Hello? Is anyone there? Willem, this is... this is Enoch. We're... we're not doing so well up here, my friend. Things are bad." Willem could hear Enoch's teeth chattering once the Norwegian King stopped speaking.

Last edited:

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Enoch, how are you?" Willem would closely follow that up with, "you sound terrible my friend, I can barely hear you." He knew that Norway, just like the Netherlands, was facing the terrible winter weather which had just popped out of nowhere.

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Willem the... the power has gone out in Oslo. People are freezing to death in the city. Before we lost communications High Command, we were getting emergency calls of old people and families dying in their homes. The Valkries and I deployed into the streets for a few hours. We brought some people to the Palace but..." he choked up and did his best to swallow his emotions, "Willem I found a woman and her children dead in the street - one of them was just a kid, four or five."

Enoch's voice, which was usually enveloped in youthful confidence and was part of his strong masculine charisma, now sounded helpless.

"We knew their might be brownouts so we had some arctic diesel flown in. Its freezing point is at about -40 Celsius, but it's -51 outside right now Willem... Two of our generators are down, and the others aren't going to last much longer. The diesel is literally freezing... We've lit all of the fire places but...." he sighed.

"And Sophia is in Trondheim. I left her in Trondheim. We didn't have time to get her home. I left her there..."
Enoch's hands were starting to go numb. It was at least twenty degrees below zero in the basement where he was somehow making this miracle call from. Willem could hear Enoch's voice stuttering as he shivered from the cold.

"We're dying up here, Willem."

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I am...so...so sorry to hear that Enoch." While he had been briefed on the weather front by scientists, he wasn't aware that it was so bad in Scandinavia.

He remained silent while he listened to the King of Norway and all his sorrows. Willem could feel the pain his counterpart was in with each word he spoke, with the last words feeling like a dagger had pierced his heart.

With compassion in his voice and tears in his eyes Willem-Alexander asked, "Enoch, is there anything I can do?"

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Enoch closed his eyes and tried to contain his emotions. It was just nice that he was able to vent to someone about everything that had happened so far. He concentrated, and tried to think of anything that the Dutch could actually help them with. He had trouble of thinking of a single thing that would go beyond cosmetic or symbolic gestures, but then he had one.

"Oslofjord is freezing, the Ministry of Defense deployed the Royal Navy's three frigates early this morning. Their last reported position was off the coast of western Denmark - I don't have the longitude and latitude right now. Their orders are to head to the English Channel for refuge, but they aren't going to make it that far. Vice Admiral Erik Blix is on the KNM Fridtjof Nansen - if you could give them refuge in The Netherlands, it would at least be a relief to know that they're safe. You're military is going to have to convince him that I countered his original orders - I recommend that you or the Prime Minister communicate with him directly, that's probably your best bet. I..."

Through the static of the phone call, Willem could hear what sounded like smashing metal in the background. Enoch didn't say anything for a few moments, and then came back to the phone, "I have to go Willem. Keep warm... It's coming for you next."

The phone call ended.

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89