STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Population Growth rate model

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Hello everyone, it is me, Bossza007 of Modern nations. Your favorite Thailand!

In this Roleplay Think Tank, I will propose a Population Growth Equation. It is what I have been thinking about for some time about the population.

First, Since I joined the forum, my population keep stayed the same. There is no way that no death or birth in my nation. That means I will it to be about to increase and decrease!
You might wonder why I want to propose this model. Two reasons: one keeping realistic of the population system, and two, I want everyone to give more attention to the National Statistics Index!
Let's get into it!

BqC3oj7.png

This photo is what I drafted about the process in the diagram. You can see that the population growth rate will affect by Crime, Health, Unemployment, and Population. There are two systems for the model. Let's continue.

Ch4ht1s.png

This photo is the base model I want to propose. The system will have to work with Population, Crime, Health, and Unemployment in the Economy page. Those four inputs will be used in the system to find the Population Growth rate and could result in the Population Growth in number. Let's look at the example.

53KEF7d.png

You can see that China has a massive population. When we use the model for monthly population growth, China will get 3 million more people in the country.

TY2gfDW.png

The United Arab Emirates has a low population. But, you don't need to worry that the country with a high population will get more tax from the population because it all goes with the running cost. UAE got around 0.1% population growth, which in real life has 1.2%.

vIT3XIR.png

Look at Turkey. They are roleplaying not to care for their people. Such a high crime rate result in massive violence in the country. As well as high unemployment makes people are unable to afford food. It will result in more death rates.

The model that I proposed used the current statistics on the economy page. Which only works as monthly population growth. To use as annual growth rate, we have to store data each month and find the average index. After that, you can calculate like the example.

If you are interested in this suggestion, please react to the post. I will be appreciated. Thank you for your patience in reading my suggestion.

Last edited:

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
yeah no. the staff team don't need anymore work piled ontop of what they already have to do.

Axis12

People’s Republic of China
Feb 11, 2021
I like the idea(Not as Turkey), but unless there was a program that could automatically calculate this I don’t think the Staff would approve, especially since they are already behind on basic things and this would add more time and effort into the site which would make other things lag behind too.
Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
I agree there needs to be a program to help with this idea. It will cost too much time and effort to calculate this manually. I could put my time into developing a program. I need to learn how to get the input from the website to show as an output in python. Maybe I could use web scraping to get the information from the Economy page more easily. When I get free time, I will try. No guarantee.

Axis12

Kelly the Mad

Congolese Empire
Oct 28, 2020
Back when I played Romania I was given modern numbers, over 2 million pop less than the 90s population. Very disappointing that there is no system in place yet, but I think that the research system should take priority.

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
I have never used the research system, but the idea of being able to research something is very interesting. Modern nations just give you the number of population in modern time rather than the 90s, I believe if there was a population system back then, they might give u the 90s population.
Kelly the Mad

Baer

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2021
yeah no. the staff team don't need anymore work piled ontop of what they already have to do.

You say that because you are RP'ing a country that does need to even contemplate actually improving your country. Just look at what you did with the last one you RP'd. For others tackling the challenge of RP'ing a developing country this is a concern.

I agree, that this suggestion could be put on the back burner, sure. But you just outright dismissed the idea outright because the staff is busy, instead of discussing its merits. Role Play Think Tank.

Think. Discuss.

Last edited:

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
I'm still working through getting everything else up to date at the moment so I've not properly read the suggestion(s) as of yet, but just a reminder:

If you like an idea, make sure to endorse it by liking the first post in the thread. It just helps us know what people are more in support of.

Naturally, if there's enough interest, we'll look into what's feasible. :)

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Unlikely to be out for the next Major MN update when we move to the newest version of Xenforo

BUT...

After this update, I've already got plans to create a new Economy System which I've included this in to look into and try to make it work! No promises as I'm not sure of any constraints but I'll find out for the Economy update. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien