STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Portugal] Email to Oman

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

SECRET

To: Prime Minister Motziche
Subject: Strengthening Bilateral Relations and Exploring Mutual Maritime Opportunities between Portugal and Oman - August 2002

Good Afternoon,

I hope this email finds you in good health and high spirits. Allow me to extend my warmest regards and heartfelt wishes for the prosperity and well-being of the people of the Sultanate of Oman.

As the Prime Minister of the Portugal, I am writing to you with great enthusiasm and optimism as we embark on a journey of deepening our bilateral ties and exploring new avenues of cooperation between our two nations. Our longstanding history of diplomatic relations has laid the foundation for a strong and fruitful partnership, and it is my sincere desire to see this relationship flourish even further.

Portugal and Oman share common values of peace, tolerance, and a commitment to promoting global stability. Our nations are linked by a rich cultural heritage that spans centuries, and it is a testament to the enduring nature of our bond. However, in today's rapidly evolving world, it is imperative that we seize every opportunity to enhance our cooperation and tap into our respective strengths for the benefit of our economies and societies.

One of the key areas where I see immense potential for collaboration is in the maritime sector. Portugal boasts a rich maritime tradition, with a long history of seafaring and trade. Our strategic geographic location on the Iberian Peninsula places us as a gateway to Europe and the Atlantic Ocean. On the other hand, Oman's strategic position along vital maritime routes in the Middle East gives it a unique advantage in facilitating global trade.

I am fully cognisant of the significant role that Oman's ports play in connecting the East and the West, making it an essential hub for international commerce. The prospect of Portuguese access to Omani ports presents a remarkable opportunity to enhance trade and investment between our nations. Our vessels could transport goods efficiently and expeditiously, offering a direct link between the European theather and the dynamic markets of the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. This collaboration would undoubtedly create a win-win scenario, fostering economic growth, generating employment opportunities, and nurturing innovation in both our countries.

I assure Your Excellency that this proposal is not merely transactional in nature, but rather a genuine commitment to building a strong and lasting partnership that encompasses a wide array of sectors, including trade, investment, tourism, culture, education, and technology exchange. Our governments and private sectors can work hand in hand to develop a comprehensive framework that maximizes the benefits of this collaboration while addressing any concerns or challenges that may arise.

In conclusion, I wish to express my sincere hope that this initiative receives your thoughtful consideration. I firmly believe that by joining forces, Portugal and Oman can create a legacy of prosperity and progress that will resonate for generations to come. I am eager to explore the possibilities, discuss the details, and work closely with Your Excellency and your esteemed government to turn this vision into a reality.

Thank you for your time, attention, and willingness to engage in a dialogue that holds immense promise for both our nations. I eagerly await your response and look forward to embarking on this exciting journey of partnership and friendship.

With the highest regard and respect,
Antonio Guterres
Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Portugal and the Algarves

Motziche

Newcomer
Mar 27, 2023

Sultanate of Oman
Ministry of Foreign Affairs

This correspondence is encrypted and highly sensitive

Dear Prime Minister Guterres, Bruno ,

I thank you for reaching out to our government and establishing direct communication between our nations; it is a pleasure and honour to be corresponding with you.

I am happy to hear of your optimism and hopes of deepening the Omani-Portuguese relationship and developing further avenues for bilateral cooperation.

You are indeed correct in emphasising our shared maritime histories and future aspirations. Due to our mutual maritime heritage, Portugal and Oman share an interlinked past dating back centuries.

With the absenteeism and lack of internationally active governments in our region, we aspire for Oman to become the vanguard and gateway to the Middle-East and Arab World. This certainly includes the fields of regional logistics and international trade.

With this, Portuguese merchant vessels, citizens and enterprises are more than welcome to operate in Oman, whether this be during a brief stop between travels East and West, or to establish a permanent presence in the Omani society and markets.
Given we are country in which 42% of the national population are expatriates from abroad, not only do we welcome migration and cultural exchanges, we actively encourage it. This certainly applies to the Portuguese peoples as well.

To stimulate the growth of a prosperous Portuguese-Omani relationship, we are willing to discuss the negotiation of agreements in the areas of travel, visas & immigration, trade and education. We are open to conduct these discussions whenever is most convenient for your government.

Yours Sincerely,

Sayyid Badr bin Hamad bin Hamood Al Busaidi

Minister of Foreign Affairs
Sultanate of Oman

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

SECRET

To: Prime Minister Motziche
Subject: Strengthening Bilateral Relations and Exploring Mutual Maritime Opportunities between Portugal and Oman - August 2002

Good Afternoon,

I appreciate your warm and open-hearted response to my previous message. It is with great pleasure that I accept your gracious invitation for Portuguese merchant vessels, citizens, and enterprises to establish a permanent presence in Oman's society and markets.

In line with our commitment to strengthening our bilateral cooperation, I propose a detailed agreement for Portuguese ships to dock in Omani ports, facilitating trade between our nations and beyond. This agreement aims to benefit both Portugal and Oman and promote economic growth and cultural exchange. Here are the key provisions of the agreement:

1. Port Access and Trading Rights: Portuguese merchant vessels will have unrestricted access to Omani ports, allowing for efficient loading and unloading of goods. These vessels will be granted trading rights in Omani ports, which include the ability to receive and send goods from and to other nations.
  2. Goods Distribution: A minimum of 5% of the goods loaded onto Portuguese vessels in Omani ports will be designated for distribution within Oman's local market. The remaining 95% will be integrated into Portuguese trade networks, contributing to the expansion of our bilateral trade relations.
  3. Customs and Tariffs: Both our nations will work collaboratively to establish fair customs procedures and tariffs to facilitate the smooth flow of goods through our ports. This will help eliminate any trade barriers and encourage the growth of trade volumes.
  4. Trade Promotion: Portugal and Oman will jointly promote trade and investment opportunities through mutual efforts, such as trade fairs, investment seminars, and business networking events, aimed at connecting Portuguese enterprises with Omani partners.
  5. Bilateral Cooperation: We will establish a joint committee comprising representatives from both nations to monitor and oversee the implementation of this agreement, address any issues that may arise, and explore opportunities for further cooperation.
I believe that this agreement will not only enhance our economic ties but also strengthen the bond between our nations. It is a testament to our shared commitment to fostering cooperation and prosperity for our peoples.

I eagerly anticipate your thoughts and feedback on this proposal, and I am prepared to engage in further discussions to finalize the details and ensure the success of this venture.

Thank you once again for your openness and willingness to collaborate.

With the highest regard and respect,
Antonio Guterres
Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Portugal and the Algarves

Motziche

Newcomer
Mar 27, 2023

Sultanate of Oman
Ministry of Foreign Affairs

This correspondence is encrypted and highly sensitive

Dear Prime Minister Guterres, Bruno ,

Firstly I must apologies for my delayed response; I very much appreciate your patience.

Having thoroughly reviewed and discussed your proposal, I am pleased to inform you that we are in agreement, in principle, with the key provisions outlined in the agreement. We find no reason to request any amendments or renegotiations to these provisions.

It is essential to highlight that while we agree to this treaty, it is imperative that all goods, services, and individuals arriving on Omani soil via Portuguese merchant vessels must fully respect and adhere to Omani laws. The agreement does not grant them immunity from these laws. I believe this emphasis is necessary due to the potential differences and sometimes opposing laws and customs between Oman and Portugal.

Nonetheless, as previously mentioned, we are in agreement with your proposal.

With a greater movement of goods that will inevitably arise with this agreement, comes the greater movement of people. Thus, I would like to take this opportunity to propose separate but relevant agreements: the establishment of flight routes between Portugal and Oman, and an extradition treaty.

Currently, flight routes between Oman and Portugal are non-existent, thus I would like to put forward that the following routes are established:
- Muscat to Lisbon
- Muscat to Porto
- Lisbon to Salalah.
Whilst these routes will be operated by private companies, we can agree to remove, or certainly ease, the bureaucratic barriers that may prevent such operations otherwise.

With the greater movement of people, security concerns may arise. In order to address these concerns, I also propose an extradition agreement. This will enable our law enforcement agencies to extradite and prosecute criminals who have fled to the other respective state to avoid conviction. I put forward the following terms for an individual to be extradited: the relevant crime is sufficiently serious, there exists a prima facie case against the individual sought, the suspected crime in question qualifies as a crime in both Oman and Portugal, the extradited individual will expect a fair trial in the recipient country, the likely penalty will be proportionate to the crime.

We hope these are agreeable to look forward to hearing your ideas.

Yours Sincerely,

Sayyid Badr bin Hamad bin Hamood Al Busaidi

Minister of Foreign Affairs
Sultanate of Oman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa