STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Portugal] Message to Taiwan

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Deal!" Would say, raising a hand to handshake that of the Madam President. He would also grab two Documents one for a Normal Trade Agreement, Crude Oil for Products of Footwear, which would come into effect immediately once it was signed.

The other would also be given to the President with the following details.

Portuguese-Taiwan Infrastructure Agreement
The Portuguese Government and the Taiwanese Government hereby refereed as Portugal and Taiwan, respectively shall agree on the following;

• Portugal shall construct using its own funds and high speed rail road between Kaohsiung City / 2nd Harbor and Taipei, to be used for commercial needs and trade, under the ownership of the Portuguese Government Agency "Casa de Trocas Intercontinentais" or CTI for short. With a value between 350 Million Dollars and 400 Million Dollars, paid and funded by the Portuguese Government.
  • Taiwan shall hereby transfer the ownership of the Kaohsiung 2nd Harbor to the Portuguese Government as a sign of goodwill between both Nations, and to facilitate the trade between Taiwan and the World, effectively increase local and national development. Alongside facilitating the construction project.
  • Portugal shall construct additional off shoot railroads in future to other major cities in Taiwan, increasing local investment and development.
  • Portugal and Taiwan hereby accept these terms and will follow them accordingly.
Signed :
President of Portugal
MARCELO REBELO DE SOUSA

President of Taiwan
President Tsai

Date: 04 of May of 2012

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5

Madame President Tsai would sign the document and shook hands with President Sousa. “Today we have reached to an remarkable agreement between our nations. I would like to announce that Taiwan accepts the terms and conditions that Portugal presented and Portugal can use the 2nd harbor of Kaohsiung Port. Now, the deal is done, can we set up the trade route so that we can receive goods from you and you can receive our goods from Taipei to Lisbon and Lisbon to Kaohsiung. How does it sound?

She would then pause.

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Man would also sign. "Brilliant, this is a huge step for both our nations. Yes the Trade Agreement is completed." He would pull out a normal document detailing that the Port of Sines would export to Taiwan footwear, while the Taiwanese would export crude oil to Portugal, monthly due to the distance it requires, meaning more tonnage and more products are one time for longer periods of time. He would sign it and hand it over to the Madam President.

D

Deleted member 5

President Tsai would signed the document then shake hands with President Sousa and handed him the document detailing the Crude Oil will be exported from Port of Kaohsiung, Taiwan to Port of Sines, Portugal. She would continue, “Today we have reached the milestone of trade agreement between our nations and we are extremely honored to receive official recognition from a powerful nation. Now, the trade agreement has signed we want to talk about the defense agreement. I want to express interest to join the Independent States Allied Forces. Our military is small but we work for peace and sharing peace to globally. We always want to make sure that peace should be increase in globally and we are willing and committed to fight to those who doesn’t want peace. The world has gone through various disaster and we want to help those who gone through disaster. I hereby affirm that I want to be part of ISAF so that I can be a part of global peace and bring prosperity.

President Tsai would pause. She would wait for President Sousa to speak.

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The President would listen carefully to the Madam President proposal for a ISAF membership, understanding that Taiwan is a great nation in its own nation, in a precarious strategic position in Asia. After she ended he would speak.

"That's a very good decision you are making, it may not seem like it, but Taiwan is in a precarious situation due to the South China sea affairs, alongside China and SEOUS. However, though I agree with Taiwan decision to join ISAF. The Alliance is currently under elections for the Secretary General. Where Mr.Barroso, the Portuguese Candidate is participating alongside Mr.Murray from the United Kingdom. Perhaps, if we win, we could put in a good word to Mr.Barroso, detailing that Taiwan wishes to join ISAF. However it is not up to a single person or nation to decide, it is a democratic process where ever member as a input on applying the membership action plan or not. So, I do suggest you speak to other members first and see what are their opinion on Taiwan.

We would certainly back a Taiwanese Membership into ISAF, though. However perhaps is it better to speak to other nations in the alliance, and wait for the election. If Mr.Barroso wins, we will inform him that we received this proposal from you. Which he will contact you. If he doesn't win we will still speak to Mr.Murray about your membership." He would pause for a moment. "Prehaps we should wait for the ISAF elections to know which way it will swing, to know if we can sign a defence agreement or if it would be easier for you to join ISAF instead. However if you feel that your nation is threatened in anyway, shape or form. Portugal could certainly deploy a Treaty of Guarantee with Taiwan in the meantime, which would mean Portugal would protect the independence of Taiwan from any aggressor."

D

Deleted member 5

Madame President would eagerly listened to her Portuguese counterpart. She would speak after President Sousa, “ My best wishes goes for both candidate at ISAF and particularly Mr. Barroso. Currently our State Secretary European Affairs, Madame Hui Yin engaging conversation with British Representative where we are thinking to adapt Air Defense Identification Zone. ADIZ will protect our airspace and not only that we can engage against intruders to those who invades our airspace. Thus adapting ADIZ will free us from the international law of engagement. We will contact with you if we see imminent threat. By the way, I am wondering joint intelligence sharing between our nations, our military can participate in military exercise. If that is something in defense, we would like to work on that can be agreeable on my behalf.

President Tsai would wait for President Sousa to speak.

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We are definitely interest in a joint intelligence sharing, what do you have in mind?" He wait patiently towards the Taiwan President "I would certaintly like this, for example we could share valuable Intel on Terror Groups or Hostile Nations"

D

Deleted member 5

President Tsai would continue, “I believe sharing intelligence is a good idea, thus we can thwart various enemy, anti-government, anti-national activities. That’s why, I am telling my Intel operatives should train together with Serviço de Informações Estratégicas de Defesa. So, we can collaborate with each other. I would love to conduct joint exercise with Portugal. I think that’s all on our meeting. We are ready to talk in public press statement.” Madame President would shake hands with President Sousa.

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Very well!" He would press a button on his desk, a few seconds after a man would enter the room, it would be the chief of staff.

"Hope the private talk went well! Please follow me into the press conference room, there will be two podiums ready, Madam President you will be on the left podium, and Mr.Sousa you will be on the right podium. Please follow me."

He would lead them in the press room of the Palace, where they would see a long rectangular room, filled with chairs in a orderly manner, and in those chairs, reporters and journalists.

On the main stage there would be the flag of Taiwan and the Portuguese Flag. The President after setting himself on his part of the podium and making sure his counterpart was also established he would being talking. Keeping in mind that both of them would have a earpiece, to understand each other while they spoke their native languages.

"First I would like the repeat, that I'm very happy that President Tsai, as accepted my invitation to Portugal, it is a great honour to receive them as is a great pleasure that Portugal announced it official recognition of Taiwan as a independent and sovereign nation. In our private meeting we came to various agreements and deals. Two of which we I will announce.

We have agreed to establish a Trade Agreement between both nations, exporting one resource each, monthly which will increase and boost our joint development and economies. Another was a investment by Portugal in Taiwan, in order to accelarate our relationship and improve both our nations.

I also take this opportunity to inform that Portugal and Taiwan are in talks for a Defence-Inteligence Agreement, which will be concluded in the very near future.

I conclude, by saying that I expect this relationship to flourish in the coming months and that our nations will grow a stronger bond. I now pass the word to President Tsai. And again Thank you."

D

Deleted member 5

After listening to President Sousa, the President Tsai would take off the earpiece because she is fluent in English, Spanish, Arabic and Mandarin. But she preferred to talk in English. She would slightly chuckle on what President Sousa was just said. She would continue,

Thank you President Sousa. On behalf of Republic of Taiwan, I accepted the invitation from the Federal Republic of Portugal to recognize our values, nation in global arena. Again, I would like to reiterate that I am happy to visit Portugal and I will never forget the warm and great hospitality by Portuguese government. I am happy that our people will recognize our efforts to recognition in global arena where a key European nation, Portugal has recognized our values lead us think freely and made us independent and sovereign nation.

I would like to publicly announce that, in our private meeting we came to various agreements such as trade deal between our nations. I am going to announce those deals.

First, both Taiwan and Portugal has signed trade deals where our indigenous resources will be exported by monthly, which will increase huge economies in trade and national development. Furthermore, 2nd harbor of Port of Kaohsiung has been donated to Portugal so that we can receive the Portuguese goods immediately and process them in the city. Moreover, we both signed National Infrastructure agreement which will Portuguese government will build railroads.

Second, both Taiwan and Portugal are in talks of Defense Agreement, which will occur in near future.

In conclusion, I would like to say to Portuguese Government that Thank you for inviting Taiwan, officially recognize us and we will remember the hospitality that shown by the Federal Republic of Portugal. I will use this moment to share my people about how our meeting went and how our people will be hearing this news. We will maintain high level relations with Portugal because they are our trade partner and our friend. I pass this to President Sousa now. Thank you.

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The President would smile and nob while she was talking and giving her closing paragraph. After she was finished he would clap silently. After it was done.

The Chief of Staff would appear, and would inform that the opening remarks of both president were completed and would ask questions from 3 Reporters in the room. A TVI Reporter would be chosen to ask the first question.

"This is a question directed to both presidents, how will this Defence Treaty be worked with the growing tensions in the region and how will it affect both nations?"

Another international reporter would be picked and he would ask. "What does this recognition of Taiwan mean to both Nations? Is it a step towards a friendship or a political stab on major powers who want to see Taiwan as part of China?"

And finally another international reporter would ask: "With this Agreement between both nations regarding Trade and Defence, will we see ISAF making a stronger push for a position in the South China Sea?"

The Presidents would take turns answering the 3 questions, Sousa would answer the questions;

1 - "Well I believe that Defence Treaty is what it is...for Defence. Both nations coming together to defend each other against a possible stronger threat, which if working together can deter this enemy from attacking, not only it is a political tool to safe guard a region and to show our comitment to a friend. Portugal as the capability to deploy outside its region, in force. So why shouldn't we use it to defend a friend in need? I do believe this agreement will bolster our friendship and safe guard our friends."

2 - "Portugal is a pioneer in this front, Taiwan is a nation like everyother in the world, with its own problems and solutions, we believe that it hold a rightfull place in the world community as a regional economy power. And also to make sure the world knows that we are against any and every immoral decision or position. For Portugal it means that the world is changing and mind and hearts need to change with it. We cannot pander to Dictators and their whims. Taiwan is a nation, and that's final. Will wee see future reprecusions? Possibly. To each we will deal with it in due time."

3 - "I do not speak for ISAF, that is the job of the Secretary General. I speak for the Portuguese Republic, so I cannot answer your question, but Portugal sees a future partner in peace and prosperity in Taiwan. Which could evolve to something more."

D

Deleted member 5

After listening to the answers from President Sousa, the President Tsai would eagerly listened to each questions and answered them accordingly.
“To answer the question one (1), I feel and believe that defense treaty will help our country in the long run. Why do we sign defense treaty because to protect our land during when our national security feel threatened.

Again, many people say Taiwan is a part of People’s Republic of China. To answer your question, we would like to reiterate the fact that Taiwan or Republic of China (Taiwan) is an independent nation. I agree with President Sousa that if we see future repercussions, we will deal with them accordingly.

Finally, I also don’t speak for ISAF. So, this question is irrelevant for me. Do you have any further question for me?”

President Tsai would chuckle and would pass the mic to President Sousa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien