STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Portugal] Message to UK

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"I couldn't agree more, at the same time I think there's a considerably worry that the situation between the US and Spain happened as quickly as it did. I think you would be under the same impression that should the situation re-occur or escalate and military assets be present from any party, Portugal would be in the middle of it and the UK would experience large concern due to Gibraltar. Diplomacy is definitely the way to go but the speed of military involvement is... surprising. We can only hope that with the announcements from those involved, it is well behind us."

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We are also in contact with the US. This is actually a good way to tell you that, we would like to discuss Gibraltar. We would like to exteend our support for your holdings. As such we would like to evolve this bond and work together. How could Portugal aid you in developing this area?"

Jamie

• Angry
Reactions: Zak

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Thank you for your support. Fortunately the control of Gibraltar hasn't been contested, and it's not likely to be based on current actions of the Spanish Government. Even if it was something they sought, I am confident they would soon backtrack. That, or, nothing would come from it. That said, we'll obvious treat any change to this policy very seriously but in terms of concern, there isn't much. What is your current relation, or foreign policy with Spain?"

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Indeed, our relationship with Spain, at the moment is non existent, however, since their "incursion" into American Politics regarding Porto Rico, as tarnished our view of them, and somewhat hypocritical due to their stance on Gibraltar. What about the UK relationship with Spain? Have you good views about them?"

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"We've had little to no contact with the current Spanish Government but as we both know, politics in Spain is fast moving and a new leadership on what feels like a weekly basis" he responded in jest "The situation with America and Puerto Rico certainly raised our cautiousness especially if they attempted the same claim with Gibraltar. We're in a defence agreement with America which did mean any move against Puerto Rico or Gibraltar ... well, Spain wouldn't have much chance in a military victory is all we'll say."

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Perhaps a Iberian Summit is in order, I believe our 3 nations should meet together and discuss the security, safety and stability of Iberian as a whole, so that another debacle does not happen like Spain and US. And to show a more united answer regarding situations like Thailand."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Hm... that could certainly be of benefit. Especially with all three of us having a vested interest in the area. If we're able to use it to prevent a repeat of the situation and ensure that Iberian security is in place then we could see it leading onto greater strides in terms of cooperation between the UK, Spain and Portugal. Is this kind of Summit something you would be willing to host? We would certainly attend. The amount of commercial traffic in the area, and military too, having a stronger presence between those stationed nearby would be very valuable."

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We would very much love to host it. I'm glad that we are on the same page! Portugal and the UK do share a very long history with each other. We will make the necessary preparations in order to begin this summit in a few weeks. Perhaps we could also invite a few observers?"

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Perfect, I shall leave arranging a summit that in your capable hands. I'm not sure they'd be much benefit with observer nations personally but that choice is up to you. I think it would be of more value of just having those involved in the region, rather than allowing a forum where no doubt observers would focus on having a say in areas that are not necessarily their area of interest. I would say, though, that we have a specific agenda rather than just making it up as we go along. Set topics that can be discussed and added by those attending.

When would you be looking to host such a summit?"

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"*Perhaps you are correct! Maybe just nations part of the Iberian Region. We are hoping to host this summit in the coming months, first we need to prepare accordingly and prepare the stage where it will happen."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Although we only have a small presence there in the form of Gibraltar, we would support the region out of interest for all parties involved, however possible. It would most definitely be a great stride forward to cooperation in the area, if you could let us know as soon as you have a date and location, I'll make sure to be available to attend.
Is there anything else you'd like to bring up in the meantime? I figure a lot could be discussed at the summit otherwise." he smiled.

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"No that is all, we will start the necessary details in the meantime and will inform you of the date and time of the Summit. It was a pleasure to meet with you!"

He offered his hand to shake the mans hand too.

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Returning the handshake, the visit would end and the Portuguese delegates were able to return home after the Chancellor had offered his farewells. It was no doubt a positive start to relations and the Chancellor had set a reminder in his calendar regarding the Iberian Summit that was to be hosted, once done, he resumed his regular duties.

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear