STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[PRC] Communication to the Argentine Republic

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
People's Republic of China

Recipient: Esteban Andrada, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade of the Argentine Republic (Naio90)
Cc: Jianhong Yeung, Ambassador to the Argentine Republic
Subject: Establishment of Bilateral Relations
Attachment: Letter of Credence
Classification:
SECURE

Minister Andrada,

It is with great honour that I write this communique, the People's Republic of China has recently undergone a transition of power as we pave the way for a new and brighter future. With the election of President Zhou Tan, and the appointment of his government led by Premier Kai Kwan, China rises from the depths and rejoins the international community.

I am contacting you as my government admires the achievements of yourself and your colleagues in the field of international cooperation. I'm hoping that with this communique, we can re-establish bilateral relations, seek topics of cooperation.

Yours Sincerely,

Jian Yin
Minister of Foreign Affairs

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018

Secret and Encrypted

Message to: Jian Yin, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China
Message from: Esteban Andrada, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade of the Republic of Argentina

The present message has been encrypted and encoded with the Advanced Internal Communications System. The unauthorized divulgence of the content of the present message, or part of it, is strictly prohibited.

Minister Yin,
On behalf of the President of the Republic, myself and the argentine people, I would like to congratulate President Zhou Tan for his election and you for your appointment as Minister of Foreign Affairs and Premier Kai Kwan.

The Argentine Republic highly values the received letter and looks forward to have preliminary meetings to discuss and identify potential areas of cooperation between Argentina and China, that could eventually span bilateral trade, political discussiones and military cooperation.

If it is convenient to you, I would like to invite you to the Ministry to discuss these different issues as well as to learn more about the new chinese foreign policy, as well as introduceing you and your Government to our main guidelines in terms of foreign projection.

Sincerely yours,

Esteban Andrada
Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
Republic of Argentina

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
People's Republic of China

Recipient: Esteban Andrada, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade of the Argentine Republic (Naio90)
Cc: Jianhong Yeung, Ambassador to the Argentine Republic
Subject: Establishment of Bilateral Relations
Attachment: -
Classification:
SECURE

Minister Andrada,

We thank you for your kind words. As of this moment I am currently limited in my travels as I coordinate the establishment of bilateral relations with nations around the world. I would like to propose that I dispatch Ambassador Jianhong Yeung to meet with yourself or a representative of your government in Buenos Aires for preliminary discussions. Once those preliminary discussions result in possible agreements requiring more high-level meetings, and once things have calmed down in Beijing, I would be honoured to attend a meeting with yourself at the Ministry.

Yours Sincerely,

Jian Yin
Minister of Foreign Affairs

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018

Secret and Encrypted

Message to: Jian Yin, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China
Message from: Esteban Andrada, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade of the Republic of Argentina

The present message has been encrypted and encoded with the Advanced Internal Communications System. The unauthorized divulgence of the content of the present message, or part of it, is strictly prohibited.

Minister Yin,
I look forward to receive your Ambassador to have this first round of meetings. Please, let him know that we will receive him at his earliest convenience.

Sincerely yours,

Esteban Andrada
Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
Republic of Argentina

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
A encrypted message would be sent to the Chinese embassy in Buenos Aires which informed to Ambassador of the arranged meeting. Upon gathering all the required documents and materials the Ambassador stepped into a waiting vehicle and made his way to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Upon arriving at the Ministry, the Ambassador entered the building through the main entrance and approached the reception desk where he provided his credentials informing them that he had a meeting with the Minister.

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The Ambassador would be received at the entrance of the ministry and led by an aide directly to the Foreign Minister's office.

Minister Esteban Andrada would welcome him with a handshake and invite him to take seat around the big black table in the private conference room connected to the Minister's office. He would be accompanied by the Director for Asian Affairs and the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs. Media would not be allowed at the moment.

"Thank you again for coming today, Argentina is certainly very interested in developing strong bilateral relations with the People's Republic of China. Before we start, can we offer you something to drink?"

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Ambassador followed the aide through the building, and upon being led into the office of the Foreign Minister he extended his hand. "Minister Andrada, thank you for being able to meet me on such short notice. I can assure you that the feeling is mutual, my government believes that strong and lasting ties can be created between our nations."

"Do you perhaps have any fresh coffee available?"

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Yes, of course. Milk? Sugar?" The Minister would make a gesture to one of the aids standing at the door. he would leave and close the door behin him.

"Ambassador, let me say that our government was very happy to receive your communication and that a robust sino-argentine relation is something in line with our traditional south-south cooperation, favoring strong ties to less "traditional" nations around the world and that might share political and economical positions with us.

While we wait for the coffess, maybe we can start by talking a little about what your new governments foreign policy will be. From there on we can try to identify areas of cooperation.
"

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Just black will do fine, thank you," the Ambassador said in the direction of the aide.

"Minister, we too are excited to develop a positive relationship between our nations, and we have heard much of your government's 'South-South Cooperation' policy. We agree that a balance must be created against the American and Eurocentric world order, and this can be best achieved through cooperation between, as you call us, less 'traditional' states."

"My government will of course focus on domestic rebuilding and restructuring at this moment, though we will of course not neglect our foreign policy. We seek to strengthen the Asia region through cooperation, we seek the establishment of a regional organisation to act as a forum for states to seek avenues of cooperation and further mutual interests. Furthermore, we aim to establish the Asian Investment & Development Bank in order to strengthen the financial stability of the Asian region."

"On a more controversial topic, since my government will be continuing our One-China policy, we are interested in ascertaining your government's position on the matter. I invite you to speak freely on this topic."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Hearing you explain all this makes me feel optimistic on the possibility of reaching beneficial agreements between our nations, specially those destined towards descentralizing us-european power concentration.

Do you have any more information on the Asian Investment & Development Bank initiative? It sounds like something promising and that could be emulated on other continents.

As for the One-China policy. Argentina is concerned, among other things, about colonial anachronisms such as the persistence of extra continental enclaves and impossed border drawings in disregard with local cultures and histories. We understand that your One-China policy addresses a similar, although special, situation where extracontinental powers have direct intervention and support to erode Beijing's geopolitical position by supporting challenging "governments". If we knew more about your official stance, Argentina could obviously discuss a potential support to the PRC, by finding commonalities with our own problems and worries in South America and in other areas around the globe.
"

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I don't have any definitive information regarding the AIDB, as the Ministry of Finance is still working on the legal documents. However, it will be the bank's objective to maintain a healthy amount of financial capital to provide debt relief to member states during crises, as well as to provide capital investments for projects beneficial to the Asia region. Membership will however not be limited to the region, and we will be seeking to allow non-regional members to sign on with capital injections and participate in the decision-making procedure."

"Taiwan remains a strategic objective for this government, as it remains a potential national security risk due to its proximity to the mainland. While the President is willing to open a line of dialogue to bring the crisis to a conclusion, we are unable to reach out as long as the Taiwanese authorities proclaim themselves to be the 'Republic of China'. Our cooperation with any nation willing to recognise them as the 'Republic of China' will also be severely limited."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"The Argentine Republic could seriously consider taking part in the AIDB with capital injection. Please keep us updated on the project and if there are any general guidelines we could study to determine the final level of participation.

Regarding the Taiwan issue, it would be interesting to see a unified China, to leave behind tensions of the past. Whats your Government's stance on neo-colonial issues and inherited problems? Some that come to mind are the french and british colonies in Central and South America or the direct influence in border drawings in Africa and southeastern Asia, that divided nations and cultures unilaterally?
"

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I will ensure that your Ministry is kept up to date on further developments regarding the AIDB."

"We thank you for supporting the stance of our government in wishing to see the full reunification of China. We will attempt to gain the support of more nations to stand against the Taiwanese authorities' pretence of being the Republic of China."

"In regards to neo-colonialism in South America, we recognise Argentina's position as being similar to ours, with the Falklands Islands being under British control it remains a security risk to Argentine national security. We stand against external influence on internal matters, and believe that the historic colonial actions have exploited former colonial nations for centuries. We will of course assist them in redevelopment and their right to stand against foreign influence."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"It is good to know that our nations can agree on the importance of overcoming colonial legacies and reunifying territories under the principle of territorial integrity in the face of foreign interventions that forced separation and segregations of entities that should never have been split.

In the future, we will try to coordinate stances on these issues with the PRC. Argentina itself is not part of the GA, but we do mantain a very solid partnership with multiple nations that are part and we can have indirect incluence in that way. But while we will always prioritize diplomatic channels, we also understand that sometimes the doors are closed and other methods are required.

But on a more brigh agenda, would the People's Republic of China be interested in discussing potential bilateral commerce?"

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We thank you for being willing to support us on the international stage, and I can state that my government does not seek to overreact and does seek diplomatic solutions where possible."

"I would be happy to discuss issues of bilateral trade, China is looking at establishing a merchant navy and could use advice in terms of seeking suitable producers of merchant vessels. Does Argentina maintain a state-owned merchant navy? If so, where do the vessels in-service originate from?"

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Argentina runs its own Merchan navy, with over 40 vessels of different types and sizes. Some of them are being lease by a partially state owned shipping company called Patagonia Shipping, which can be contacted publicly. Also, some of the nations we currently have trade with have opted to use our own ships return trips to load their cargo and export it to Argentina.

The merchant vessels we operate com from a variety of nations, Japan and the Philippines make the bulk of them, while we also have Danish and Argentine made ships. If you are looking for options, I would suggest you contact them. I heard Germany might be able to produce some as well.

Argentina is currently looking for new markets for our petroleum, vehicles, grain, lithium and soybeans. Which we would be delighted to get to the chinese markets in exchange for opening our doors to chinese goods if you are currently exporting.
"

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Thank you for the information, I shall for keep that in mind when we establish the Chinese Merchant Navy."

"In terms of bilateral trade, China is interested in importing Petroleum, Grain and Lithium from Argentina. The People's Republic is currently exporting Electrical Machinery & Equipment; Machinery & Computers; Plastics & Plastic Articles; Optical, Technical, Medical Apparatus, and; Clothing & Accessories."

"Do you believe any of these products would interest Argentinian markets?"

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Argentina would be delighted to export petroleum, grain and lithium to China, and in return receiveing chinese electrical machinery, plastics and optical,technical and medical apparatus.

Do you want to use the argentine merchant fleet to transport the goods to Argentina in theri return trip?
"

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Then that shall be arranged. I do not believe it will be necessary for your government to conduct the transport of good on our behalf, though we thank you for the offer. The People's Republic is seeking to establish its merchant navy as fast as possible so we should be able to ensure the trade route is up and running as soon as possible."

"Moving on from trade, I would like to bring up the topic of financing. My government will have to rapidly expand its defence capacity, commerce and industry. In order to finance these policies and initiatives, we are seeking nations willing to purchase 'Sovereign Bonds' from the People's Bank of China. This is in essence a loan, from which your government would receive an monthly or annual interest payment. If you're interested, I have a draft bond with me."
The Ambassador opened his briefcase and handed the Foreign Minister a document.

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Excelent. Where do you want the argentine shipments to be delivered? Argentina would receive the chinese ones at our port in Buenos Aires.

As for your financial proposal, it is certainly appealing to use, both as an investment opportunity as well as a way to support the People's Republic of China's growth and modernization. What would be the interest rate and whats the aproximate amount of money your country is lookingt o raise with this bonds?
"

Dutchy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uythrycs