STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

LACK OF INTEREST Proposal for a Dedicated Writing & Roleplay Discussion Space

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Roleplay Think Tank​

Proposal for a Dedicated Writing & Roleplay Discussion Space

Introduction

Hello, fellow roleplayers and writing enthusiasts. Today, I am sharing a proposal rooted in my deep commitment to our community and my vision for its growth. For over two years, ModernNations, or MN, has been a home to me, nurturing my unique voice and roleplay style. This community has provided me with a cherished haven where I have grown and evolved as a writer. The refreshing creativity and camaraderie I found here two years ago remain vibrantly alive today.

Having started my writing journey at the age of 10, I have devoted many years to honing my craft, ultimately finding my passion in literary fiction. Recently, I've begun to pioneer a new approach that I call 'introspective literary fiction.' This style aims to probe deeper into complex human emotions, conditions, and relationships, enabling readers and writers to gain a more profound understanding of the human experience. In our roleplays, I strive to blend this introspective exploration with the action-oriented nature of genre fiction, which forms the bedrock of our storytelling

Dutchy often teases me for not relying heavily on real-world references, a common strategy in our community given our real-world settings. While I recognize the importance of research, I must admit my narratives are primarily drawn from the deep well of my imagination. My work often blossoms into vivid prose and poetry, rich in imagery, metaphor, and complex emotions. With a keen interest in social psychology, I am driven to delve into the human condition's intricate tapestry and mirror these insights within our roleplays.

Upon reflection, I've identified a gap in our community - the lack of a dedicated space for in-depth discussions about writing and roleplay. While our informal chats on Discord serve a purpose, they often fall short when it comes to comprehensive discussions about our craft. Furthermore, I believe that not everyone fully appreciates the immense value of the intricate narratives we've woven here in MN - our work is a testament to human creativity and is worthy of recognition and discussion.

Recently, Dutchy complimented my writing style as being among the best in MN. While I'm deeply grateful for this praise, I strongly believe that every individual's style, born from their unique journey and experience, has its distinct value. Recognizing this, I am proposing the creation of a Dedicated Writing & Roleplay Discussion Space.

Proposal

Allow me to introduce my vision: a new, dedicated forum within our community. I propose we call it "The Tapestry of Storytelling." Just as a tapestry is woven from many individual threads, each one essential and contributing to the overall beauty of the piece, so too is our community made up of unique voices and narratives that together form an intricate and vibrant picture of creativity.

The primary aim of "The Tapestry of Storytelling" would be to foster in-depth discussions about writing and roleplay. It would serve as an inclusive platform where we can dive deep into the intricacies of our craft, exchange ideas, and inspire each other to expand our narrative horizons. This forum would not just focus on the 'what' of our writing - what our characters do or what events occur - but also the 'how' and 'why'. How do we build our narratives? Why do we choose certain paths for our characters? By focusing on these questions, we can delve deeper into our writing process and learn from each other's perspectives.

Furthermore, "The Tapestry of Storytelling" will celebrate the rich diversity of voices within our community. Each of us has a unique writing style shaped by our journeys and experiences. This forum will give us the chance to showcase and appreciate these differences, understanding that each voice adds a distinct flavor to our shared narrative, enriching it.

Lastly, while our discussions will be insightful and stimulating, it's important to remember that writing is, at its core, a joyous endeavor. The creation of "The Tapestry of Storytelling" is also intended to reinforce this sentiment, offering us a space where we can engage with our craft in a fun, relaxed manner. After all, writing should always be a labor of love.

In essence, "The Tapestry of Storytelling" would serve as a vibrant hub of discussion, inspiration, appreciation, and enjoyment for our community, enriching our shared experience on ModernNations.

Benefits

The inception of "The Tapestry of Storytelling" carries numerous benefits that I believe can truly amplify the beauty of our community and the joy of our shared craft.

Firstly, this dedicated space will serve to strengthen the bonds within our community. By sharing our experiences, discussing our writing techniques, and providing each other with constructive feedback, we are not just improving our skills as writers, but also deepening our understanding of each other. This will foster an atmosphere of unity and mutual respect, where we can appreciate the different perspectives we each bring to the table.

Secondly, 'The Tapestry of Storytelling' will nurture our individual growth as writers. As we collectively explore topics like character development techniques and writing styles and share our various writing journeys, we can gather fresh insights that inspire us to push our creative boundaries.

Encouraging creativity is another key benefit. Having a space where we can discuss ideas, give and receive feedback, and experiment with different writing styles can boost our creativity. It can inspire us to try new techniques, delve deeper into our characters, or take our narratives in directions we might not have considered before.

Enhancing our overall roleplay experience is an inherent part of this proposal. By taking the time to delve into our writing process, understanding our characters better, and learning new writing techniques, we can bring a deeper level of complexity and enjoyment to our roleplay scenarios.

Lastly, the influence of literature on role-playing is an exciting topic that can be explored within "The Tapestry of Storytelling". This can lead to enlightening discussions about how various literary works or genres have influenced our roleplaying style and narratives.

In sum, "The Tapestry of Storytelling" aims to create an enriching space for us to grow as writers, strengthen our community, and heighten the joy and fulfillment we derive from our shared love of roleplaying.

Invitation for Feedback

I wholeheartedly believe in the value of a collective voice. Therefore, I invite all of you to share your thoughts and feedback on this proposal. Do you see additional ways that "The Tapestry of Storytelling" could benefit our community? Are there specific topics you would like to discuss within this new forum? Your insights and suggestions will not only enhance this proposal, but they will also ensure this space is as inclusive and beneficial as possible for all of us.

I want to assure you of my commitment to this initiative. I am prepared to facilitate discussions, encourage participation, and foster a supportive atmosphere within "The Tapestry of Storytelling". At the end of the day, this is about us growing together and enriching our shared journey.

Conclusion

In conclusion, "The Tapestry of Storytelling" is more than just a forum for discussion; it is a space for us to explore our craft, celebrate our diverse voices, and strengthen our bonds as a community. It is an opportunity to delve deeper into the nuances of our writing process, learn from one another, and enhance our roleplay experiences. Above all, it is a platform for us to embrace the joy and creativity that writing brings to our lives.

I have high hopes that "The Tapestry of Storytelling" can become a cherished part of our community, a vibrant hub where we can share our passion for writing and roleplaying. "However, for this vision to become a reality, it requires your support, your insights, and your active participation.

Thank you, my fellow roleplayers, for considering this proposal. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts and to embarking on this exciting new chapter of our journey together.

Upvote -1