STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[PT] Message to the Netherlands

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

republicapt-1.png

Portuguese Republic

This message is private & encrypted
To
Prime Minister of the Netherlands
Dutchy
I hope this email find you well.

The Portuguese Republic is looking into growing better relations with most countries in Europe, as such we would like to open bilateral relations with the Netherlands.
Would it ve possible for our ambassador to meeting with you in order to discuss such relationship?
It would mostly include trade and diplomatic cooperations.

Kind regards,
1280px-Flag_of_the_Prime_Minister_of_Portugal.svg.png

Prime Minister of the Portuguese Republic
The Honorable Mr. Antonio Guterres

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Ministry of General Affairs
Kingdom of the Netherlands

Recipient: Antonio Guterres, Office of the Prime Minister, Portuguese Republic (Bruno)
Cc: -
Subject: Diplomatic Discussions
Attachment:
Classification:
Private

Prime Minister,

I am honoured to have received this message. This government is eager to reasserts its position as a leader of diplomacy and multilateralism and we would be eager to re-ignite our bilateral ties with the Portuguese Republic, as state which has always been a respected partner. I believe that there exists a range of topics we could discuss and find agreement on such as trade, culture, and security.

While I myself am currently occupied with finalising the governing agreement within the cabinet, I wish to make the suggestion that your ambassador meets with the Secretary of State of European Affairs tomorrow afternoon at 14.15 at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If this is acceptable, then please have the ambassador connfirm the appointment by reaching out to Secretary of State Atzo Nicolaï.

Yours Sincerely,

Jaap de Hoop Scheffer
Prime Minister

Last edited:

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Ambassador would confirm the appointment with the Secretary of State, Atzo. As so, he would leave his official residence to meet with him and his official office. He would go by bicycle as he grew accustomed to, seeing all of the beautiful streets and with with briefcase trailling behind him.

He would arrive to the front gate and await to be ushered in to meet with the Secretary.

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Upon arriving at the building of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs the Ambassador would be guided to the reception where he could register his arrival. After his details were quickly checked and verified an aide would step forward to guide the Ambassador to the office of the Secretary of State.

It would not be long before the pair arrived at the office where a secretary seated behind a large desk would gesture them to proceed. The aide would quietly knock on the door before opening it and letting the Ambassador proceed into the room. The aide followed the Ambassador in and announced, "Mr Secretary, the Portuguese Ambassador."

Secretary of State Atzo Nicolaï was already rising from behind his desk and taking large strides towards the Ambassador. He extended his hand in greeting, "Your Excellency, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He would gesture towards the side of the room where two sofas were located with a coffee table in between on top of which stood a decanter with cold water and two glasses, "please take a seat. Would you care for any refreshments before we begin?"

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
He would extend a warm welcome to the Secretary, and follow him to the sofas.

"The honor is all mine Mr. Secretary, I am elated that we have finally met! Cold water would be best, thank you!"

He would sit down only after the Secretary had sat down himself.

"We have many things to discuss today, about the road that our relationship will follow from this point onward. It is extremely important for the Portuguese Republic to have good relations with European Nations."

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Secretary of State would move towards the sofa situated closest to his desk and slowly take his place. He would lean forward in response to the Ambassador's request for cold water and poured two glasses, one of which he slid towards the Ambassador and one he moved closer to himself. In the meantime, the aide which had been standing at the door quietly exited and closed the door behind him. The two men would now be alone in the room in order to allow for a private and confidential conversation.

"Mr Ambassador, we appreciate your government's desire to foster positive relations with European nations. We too have a similar goal as we percieve European states as representing our closest and most strategic partners. I was forwarded a short list of topics which we could discuss, is there any particular order in which you would prefer to discuss these topics?"

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Well, we are also very happy to know there are still countries in Europe which want to follow this path, of a european unity!" He would pause. "None at all, we can go by topics or follow the agenda, either way, its fine with me!"

"Prehaps the best topic to start our meeting would be trade! I believe that being historical seafaring, and trading nation, we both should strife to build that relationship with each other, would the Netherlands be open to this agreement?"

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"That is certainly a statement I can agree with Ambassador. We feel there is a particularly need for intensive European cooperation in order to solve the challenges we face now an in the future."

"I am happy to begin discussions regarding trade, I believe that there is plenty of potential for growth in trade between our nations. Alongside trade, I believe that further economic growth may be possible through increasing tourism between our nations, perhaps relaxing visa restrictions and agreeing to cultural exchanges may also be discussed in the near future."

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"That is very much acceptable, and a very good idea to relaxing visa application in order for tourism to grow. What would you have in mind? Also regarding the question of trade, which products are you willing to trade to initiate a trade route?"

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
" I shall inform the relevant departments to begin work on a visa agreement. We shall reach out once the necessary preparations have been made so that we can finalise the necessary drafts to present to our respective parliaments."

"In terms of trade, the primary export sectors are as follows: Machinery; Electrical Machinery & Equipment; Optical, Technical, Medical Apparatus; Pharmaceuticals; Chemicals. We have yet to establish a merchant marine at this time, so it may take a few months to fully establish a trade route. Does Portugal maintain any trading capacity at this moment in time?"

"I was also hoping to discuss the topic of European cooperation. At this time my government is testing the waters by exploring the opinions of fellow European democratic governments to see wheter there is sufficient interest in establishing a regional organisation focused on fostering continental dialouge. This Forum Europaeum might present an opportunity to improve ties between European states and increase the overall prosperity of the continent. We are eager to hear your government's European foreign policy and to see wheter there is any ambition to see the formation of such an organisation."

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Currently our exports are these
1. Vehicles
2. Electrical machinery and equipment
3. Machinery including computers
4. Cork materials
5. Textiles

At the moment we have no trading capacity, so we would have to rely on yours for the time being, would it be possible to start small? We would very much like to exchange Vehicles for your Pharmaceuticals if it would be possible."

He would pause

"We are also now navigating the sea of international politics especially in Europe. I believe it is still early in the world for a political entity in Europe, however we could start to lay the foundations with joint treaties in economics and internacional relations, like a sort of community that can start small with 2 or 3 country and then grow larger into a Union of sorts, set in economics, trade and internal policy making. However we are not opposed to start a open dialogue with the Netherlands about this idea."

Dutchy

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikhail2001