STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Republic of Korea - Nordic Council Accession Talks

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
1613770545443.png
President Kim sat in his office at the Blue House, eyeing down the Stockholm Treaty in front of him. It was a moment of due caution to the pandora box he would open for the Republic of Korea. Standing for fifteen minutes in front of him, the Director of the Office of National Security Moon Jaein, the Senior Presidential Advisor for National Defense, Security, and Foreign Policy Kim Minseo, and his Chief of Staff Kim Joongkwon waiting cautiously for the President to speak. He would flip through the document a handful of times, reading it for himself, the Foreign Ministry had translated the treaty for the President, while a legal aid stood next to him explaining certain terminology and impacts. The murmuring in front of the Blue House staff, the advisors could only stand quietly and wait. Sometime would pass before the President would look up to Sen. Presidential Advisor Kim.

Kim Daejung [President]: “Secretary Kim, what are your impressions on the Swedish? You were the one to deal with this, from the three of you correct?” Kim Minseo stepped forward from the group “Yes Kakao, I spoke with the Swedish. However, Vice Minister Kim directed the majority of the discussion. I’ve highlighted his transcripts in yellow, on page five.” President Kim would move back to page five, giving a brief read. “What are your impressions then? The Advisor thought for a second before responding, giving the President a couple of more seconds to finish his overview, and responded when he looked up. “Kakao. I believe they are a hardworking country trying to do change the world.” The President flipped back to page 11, reading the Letter of Dissent by Advisor Kim in the NSC meeting. “You wrote a letter of dissent with Minister Roh over the signing of the Stockholm Treaty, correct?” Advisor Kim bit her lip as she responded. “Yes Kakao, I wrote this letter of dissent.” The President would get up and stand towards the window of his office, outlooking the green fields outside, where civil servants gathered to get fresh air and where government Gardners trimmed the fine edges of the grass. The President would turn and ask the Chief Secretary and National Security Director and their staff to leave, before turn to the Senior Secretary. “Speak freely Ms. Kim.” The Advisor contemplated for a moment, realizing the gravity her words would carry, and the impact on months of back-channeling and discussions with Nordic members, and the wider efforts being taken to advancing the Korean people. “Yes sir. I wrote a letter of reservation because I firmly believe in the principles of a balanced policy not dictated by others. For so long we’ve been governed by what the Americans wanted, and before that the Japanese, and before them the Chinese. I wrote that reservation letter sir, because, just as the State ministers and I believe in multilateralism and cooperation, I do not wish to see us replace the United States with European hegemony. I believe firmly, the Swedish and Nordic Council are our partners in our mission for peace and unification, and partners fo the development of Korea. I have never stated otherwise. I still believe you should be given the full parameter of discussion, including the concerns of a Nordic-lead foreign policy.” President Kim nodded as picked up the Treaty. “Then what do you truly believe?” He asked Special Advisor Kim. “Kakao, I believe that…I believe that this is an opportunity to show the globe our nations strength and triumph. That from the ashes of colonial oppression and subjugation, the trauma of the War by the North , and through a long and brutal military dictatorship, the Korean people have prospered. I believe that hope Kakao, is what Korea’s representation in the Nordic Council would represent. Hope that every humans dedication to their nation will eventually land them into greater places. I know it sounds idealistic Kakao, but, I did not join the civil service with a vague notion of status quo…the President would smile, and interrupt her “Our destiny is not some false reality, it is int he present, on our peninsula, where we finally are united as one nation…I remember your words very clearly from that day. He laughed, cracking a smile for the first time in weeks as the stress of the opposition boycotts and corruption scandal began to crack at the iron wall of the President. “I remember clearly….I agree with you. We can not allow Europe to become the new America that dictates to Korea how things will be run. Yet, I believe as you have told me, the Nordic Council will not become a new institution of leverage over Korea, but…as you eloquently put it, a beacon of hope to all, on the payoff of hard work and perseverance, Balanced approaches to this alliance will be maintained, I believe that the uncharted future will be an exciting journey. We can accomplish a great deal more Minseo with friends, than alone…call the others back in. The Blue House staff entered with unease across there face, as the President turned back to them. “Director Moon.” Director Moon waited for directions ”Call the Swedish Prime Minister. Let’s take this giant leap.” He said as he began walking back to his desk. The Director nodded, hiding his smile as he turned his face down. “Yes Kakao, right away.” The Blue House staff would prepare the room for the official call, bringing in Vice Minister Kim, a translator, a supervising legal aid, and members of the bureaucracy responsible for the treaty signing process. The Opposition and Prime Minister would be notified as well of the process, as part of their legislative oversight, having been notified weeks earlier with the contents of the treaty and the intention to sign it.

The Swedish Prime Minister would receive a phone call from the Blue House, the encrypted line would be secured by the Presidential Security Service as Director Moon picked up the phone to ensure it would be given to the Prime Minister before putting it on speaker for the President to speak. Inside the room, the Presidential Secretary Kim and Chief of Staff Kim remained behind the President to respond to any gaps he may have. All wondering what would happen now, and some, eager to see the future that would entail the Korean people.

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Prime Minister Stefan Löfven, from the comfort of his office in Stockholm, would answer the telephone sat upon his wooden desk. The answered call would remain encrypted and naturally the operator would inform him of the South Korean extension code appearing on the telephony systems. The phone would be pressed firmly against his ear as he leans back in his black leather chair, spinning on the piston to allow himself to stare out of his window and over the Stockholm skyline...

"Good Morning, Prime Minister Stefan Löfven speaking, who do I have the pleasure of speaking to?"

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Advisor Moon would put the call onto speaker allowing the President to hear the Swedish Prime Minister. "Hello Prime Minister, Good Afternoon, It is President Kim. I hope you are doing well today." The translator would relay his message in Swedish to the Prime Minister as the staff around him could only wait and see what would happen.

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Ah President Kim, it's a pleasure to get the opportunity to speak to you one-on-one! I understand that our governments, across various cabinet sectors, have been cooperating to better establish a relationship between our states; something I have expressed great interest in to my administration. I am doing very well thank you, how can I help you this morning?!"

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"The pleasure is mine Prime Minister Löfven. Yes, our governments have been negotiation a number of agreements. I would like to thank your government for its kindness and faith in the Republic of Korea. The opportunity to join the Nordic Council as an observer state is taken with great care and appreciation. Considering your government was the one to invite Korea, I wanted to make a formality call that I intend to sign the Stockholm Treaty and begin the process to joining the Council as an observer."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I am trilled to hear of your intention to sign the Nordic Council, this is truly a monumental step towards greater cooperation between Europe and Asia, and not only that but an opportunity for the Republic of Korea to take complete advantage of some of the most willing, faithful and cooperative states on the globe to continue our mission towards an equal and prosperous society. It goes without saying that we welcome you with open arms and I for one am excited to see the South Korean flag erected in the Nordic Council square just outside the Swedish Parliament, where the council temporarily occupy a chamber and offices. Not only that but have you any idea whom will be appointed your Ambassador to the Nordic Council?"

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Thank you for your kind words and high aspirations for our ascension. I hope that together we can accomplish the goal of a dignified life for humanity, and work as you said, an equal and prosperous society. We look forward to the day that our flags will stand side by side as we work together towards peace and betterment of humanity. Yes, we have same ideas, as this would hopefully be a major assignment, we are looking at former GA ambassador Bae Jongin, or former Charge D'affares to India, Ban Kimoon. Both have a perception of our respective engagement and multilateral principles. I believe they will help us execute our vision towards the outlined goals."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Marvellous, I will have the relevant information passed to the Nordic Council Secretariat, have you given any consideration to the ratification of the Nordic Concordant or the Allemennsrett Agreement upon your assumption of position as an observer state. My understanding is that whilst you have the title 'observer state' and sit in Asia, we are keen to ensure that South Korea does not feel left out or feel as if the remit of responsibility within the council sits primarily in Europe because that is simply not the case. Expansion and modern, sophisticated technology far outweighs the former cumbersome trips to and from continents and the council certainly has the capacity to outreach and assist wherever necessary... so with that in mind I believe the Secretary General has given her blessing for your ratification of either one of those treaties."

Jay

• Love
Reactions: Zak

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Yes, we've reviewed both documents, and while we assume adjustments would be made to make them applicable and fair to the Republic of Korea, we believe these are future steps to engage the robust relations between us and fellow Nordic Council states. We are comforted by your willingness to ensure that geographical distance does not impede the benefits and multilateral cooperation between Korea and our European friends in the council. Once nominated, our Ambassador would be happy to open a formal discussion with the Secretary General on ratifying either or both of the agreements. We are hopeful to ratify the Allenmennsrett Agreement before July in time for the summer holidays. As well as within a year for the Nordic Concordant."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Oh yes, of course, there's no rush at all, your position in the Nordic Council is completely at your own hands - as I'm sure you've already established all signatory states are eager for cooperation with South Korea. How would you like the media to be informed of your joining of the Nordic Council? Is the ratification something your government would like to announce?"

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Thank you for the considerations Prime Minister. We are likewise eager to begin a new chapter with our strong partners in the Council. With regards to the media, Our Foreign Ministry intends to release a brief media statement indicating that I have signed the Stockholm Treaty on a call with you, and we have begun the process of becoming an Observer State. Is this appropriate in your view, or if you have alternative suggestions?"

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"That sounds absolutely fine to me, I have no problem with that at all. No doubt the Nordic Council will release a short statement on social media to mark the occasion which will coincide with the addition of Republic of Korea on the Nordic Council Conspectus including your statistics and the flag at the top."

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"I look forward to this partnership Prime Minister. As I sign this document Prime Minister, I hope that the ROK Strategy and Principles of Engagement with the Nordic Council will be instruments of multilateral development. The consensual discourse is reflective of our right as a member to partake in the discourse necessary as your government indicated prior to ensure the image of unity and collective action. I hope that the Council's lineage of census-based resolution building & Korea's stable multilateral independent foreign & security policy. I look forward to meeting you in person, and we will expend all political capital to ensure the Stockholm Treaty is ratified by the National Assembly." As the Swedish Prime Minister was responding, the legal aid behind the President would hand him his pen as he opened the treaty for signing, without any annotations or mark ups. After the Swedish Prime Minister would finish speaking, President Kim would sign the Korean edition for record, for both the Nordic Council and Foreign Ministry archive, and do the same for the original document in Swedish. After signing it, he would hand them over to the legal aid so that they could be delivered to Swedish Foreign Ministry. "Prime Minister, I have signed the Stockholm Treaty, and a copy in Swedish & Korean should be delivered to your office by tomorrow."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"This truly is the start of something new; a transcontinental alliance that's spearheaded by the Republic of Korea's enthusiasm towards cooperation, a word that standards at the very heart of not only the Kingdom of Sweden but also the Kingdom of Norway and the Federal Republic of Germany;- the Nordic Council. I look forward to promoting a number of initiatives we have been planning to support the growth of the Republic of Korea, your position in the council will not only enable that process, but will promote to the world the power of political friendship rather than unsolicited hostility. President Kim, we are at the forefront of history and I look forward to an extremely close friendship."

A smile erupts across Stefan's face, joining ear-to-ear, immediately sending memorandum to the Nordic Council Secretariat to make change to the conspectus.

Jay

• Love

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"I hope that we can do all of this together Prime Minister Löfven, I look this era of unknown, that we will venture through together as partners. I hope that in the traditions of our great peoples, we will become innovators in a transcontinental alliance that promotes human rights, development, political discourse, cooperation, and more. While we ratify the Stockholm Treaty in the National Assembly, and begin interviewing candidates for our Ambassador to the Council, Ambassador Lee Jeongkyu to the Kingdom of Sweden will act as Ambassador to the Council to represent Korean interests and facilitate the discourse on relevant issues of observer and member states. We hope to finalize our ambassador by the end of the week. I likewise hope that this close friendship will bear fruits that like a tree, will cover humanity and help it prosper."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Excellent, I understand Ambassador Lee Jeongkyu will already have the necessary security clearances given his position in our hosted mission - I should inform you that there is currently an emergency session running within the Nordic Council Chambers which I would encourage you to attend, the Kingdom of Sweden has announced a billion dollar grant towards domestic investment and this is set to be increased further with a defence funding initiative which will soon allow us to devote more funding towards generating a much stronger council as a whole."

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Thank you for the update Prime Minister." He would have Director Moon send a secure message giving new instructions to the Ambassador while Advisor Kim handed the President notes on policy considerations. "We've already begun our own policy shifting, I hope our Ambassador can relay these to the Council. We hope to raise our healthcare levels and have already begun a $4 billion healthcare expansion, universalization & consolidation, and network coverage expansion. I hope we can benefit from the Nordic Council with receiving options for training and equipment purchases. We've also begun our own efforts to assist regional neighbors countries such as Indonesia and India, I hope we can expand cooperation in this field. Additionally, as you are probably aware, we've begun negotiating a number of arms sales to bolster our defensive capabilities, and hopefully we can find appropriate ways to expand council security in a wider context...The rest our Ambassador will be able to discuss."

Connor

• Love

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa