STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ROI] Call to Portugal

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Republic of Ireland representative, Dick Spring| Minister of Foreign Affairs calls the Portuguese Foreign Affairs Office on a secure and private line.

"Good day my name is Dick Spring, I am the Minister of Foreign Affairs with the Republic of Ireland I'd like to discuss setting up an embassy and establishing Visa rules with Portugal. To whom do I have the pleasure of speaking to?"

Strix

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
A receptionist would pick up the ringing phone as her colleague buys her a cup of coffee in the nearby coffee shop at the street's corner. The day itself wasn't really busy as the office gets its usual international calls, nothing out of the ordinary. The line would be made encrypted as usual.

"Good day Mr. Spring. You have reached the Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Portugal. I'll set you up with a representative to European Affairs, Maximino Simões, to talk about your queries on Visa and the like. Please hold shortly."

The receptionist would then transfer the line to newly appointed Secretary of European Affairs, Maximino Simões, who had just finished setting up his office. Just as she writes down the Irish representative's name, a cup of warm coffee would meet her smiling face. The line would remain encrypted, as Maximino would answer it.

"Hello, I'm Maximino Simões, Secretary of European Affairs... How may I help you, Mr. Sring?"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Encrypted
"Good day Mr. Simões, I am calling in regards to setting up a Visa between our nations."

Sounds of papers shuffling can be heard in the backround. Mr. Spring goes on to say.

"Our Standard and Free Irish Visa includes showing Passport at custom which will grant a 30 day free travel of Ireland. An additional 30 days may be procured for free through your embassy and through our Department of Foreign Affairs. While in Ireland anyone on Visa must comply with all local law, if any law is broken then the Visa holder will be brought directly to their respective embassy for deportation at the expense of their home nation. If a Visa expires and the Visa holder is still in Ireland then he or she will be deported, again at the expense of their home nation."

Mr. Spring pauses to hear the response of Mr. Simões.

Strix

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
Shuffling of papers can be heard in the background as the secretary tries to find his reference material.

"Well, that sounds alright for me. In regards to Visas here in Portugal however, we'll do what we always have done. For Irish citizens entering Portugal, we require a valid passport 6 months beyond the intended date of departure to acquire a standard visa. This standard visa would allow the holder to stay here in Portugal for 30 days, with an extension of 2 weeks when requested. A multiple entry visa would also be available, which would expire roughly 6 months after issue.

There is also the Student and Work Visa, which expires 2 weeks after their intended stay, these can be renewed at the host country as needed. We require a valid passport, evidence of the intention to stay, such as an acceptance letter from a local institution or company here in Portugal, and they must pass an interview at the Portuguese embassy.

Holders of all visas must see to it that they would follow all laws here in Portugal, else they would be reviewed by the local community court which would be responsible for deportation. Felonies would be a different story, however, and we shall see to it that they would be extradited back to their home country. Holders with expired visas would be allowed to stay in Portugal for a maximum of 3 days after being caught before they are asked to leave or face deportation.

Visa holders must have their visa at all times, and Portuguese law enforcement has the right to see them as requested."

The Secretary would sit down as he waits for a response on the other side of the phone.

"Do you have any issues with this, Mr. Spring?"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"I have no issues and we accept the terms that you have explained. We will update Portugal into our registry.

I believe our next matter of business should be talks of trade. Ireland offers many great amenities such as: Pharmaceuticals, Machinery and equipment, Natural gas, Copper and Meat/Crops (to include Jameson and Guinness). If we could get a list of what Portugal offers that would be great. If you are interested in any products please let me know.

I do have more matter I'd like to discuss. Recent events in Ireland have some members of the world concerned for security of their citizens. If you have any questions regarding security for your citizens please contact Seán Barrett, TD, Minister of Defence."

Strix

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
"Portugal currently boasts herself with companies who are willing to start trade with the rest of the world with their home-made genuine products. While these companies are numerous, I can provide you the overall types of products that we offer. These are as follows: Vehicles, Electrical Machinery and Equipment, Mineral Fuel, Computers, and Plastics. If Ireland can provide us with an opening of Meat/Crops and Natural gas to our market, you may choose two categories from ours as well. "

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"We will provide Meat/Crops as well as Natural Gas in exchange for Computers and Plastics. I feel this exchange will strengthen the bond between Portugal and Ireland. We are working on a acquiring a shipping fleet, however in the interim we are having to trade via air. I hope this won't be to much of a hassle. You may use the Port of Dublin for ships or Dublin International to transport goods. If I could get an airport to send our good to Portugal then we will have them shipped out as soon as possible."

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Seán Barrett, Minister of Defence would call Portugal's Ministry of Security and Intelligence on a secure and encrypted line.

"Hello my name is Seán Barrett. I am calling to request a refuel of our planes that will be in route to Zimbabwe. We have 5 CASA/IPTN aircraft. We have 5 scheduled departures set and will send you a copy of the Itinerary if we are approved. They will be carrying Pharmaceuticals, food, water, materials for base building, and 430 AUG A3s, 70 FN FNGs, and 125 M2 .50 Cal Machine Guns. After our equipment has been delivered we intend to deploy 500 personnel from our Defence Force. These trips will be return and departures."

Strix

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
"If you could send them to Lisbon International Airport that'd be swell. I'd prefer it to be a monthly affair, we'll send yours monthly as well. Pleasure doing business with you Mr. Spring."

The Secretary would wait for a response before terminating the call.

"Good Morning Mr. Barrett. This is Reynaldo Gonçalves... May I ask which airstrip these planes are to use? If it's military I'm afraid I'll have to talk with my accomplices before I can give you the all clear. If it's a civilian airport however, then it would be fine. I would only ask that we Portuguese reserve the right to check said cargo, in order for us to be assured that items aren't being smuggled within Portuguese territory, I hope you understand."

He would pause as he pours himself a glass of water, adjusting it on the Portuguese sunlight.

"Please send us the iterenary as soon as you're able... We'll follow up on the status of your request as soon as possible. Do you have any other concerns?"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"I think this should conclude our business for now, thank you for your time" Mr. Spring would then hang up.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"We will be carrying Military equipment and personnel on military aircrafts. However it would be much easier to land in Lisbon International. We will consent to all searches of the aircraft. All material on board these aircraft will be used for Operations in Zimbabwe. I will fax you the Itinerary now. Keep in mind we have not booked anything and will only do so if we get permission to land in Lisbon."

Departure Flight
Departure- Cork Airport, Ireland @0400, 3 Feb, 1997
Arrival- Lisbon Portela Airport, Portugal @1020, 3 Feb, 1997

Departure- Lisbon Portela Airport, Portugal @1200, 3 Feb, 1997
Arrival- Libenge Airport, Zaire @0800, 4 Feb, 1997

Departure- Libenge Airport, Zaire @1200, 4 Feb, 1997
Arrival- Lubumbashi Air Force Base, Zaire @1900, 4 Feb, 1997

Departure- Lubumbashi Air Force Base, Zaire @ 2100, 4 Feb, 1997
Arrival- Mugabe Airport, Rhodesia @0030, 5 Feb, 1997

Return Flight
Departure- Mugabe Airport, Rhodesia @0400, 5 Feb, 1997
Arrival- Lubumbashi Air Force Base, Zaire @0730, 5 Feb, 1997

Departure-Lubumbashi Air Force Base, Zaire @0930, 5 Feb, 1997
Arrival- Libenge Airport, Zaire @1630, 5 Feb, 1997

Departure- Libenge Airport, Zaire @1830, 5 Feb, 1997
Arrival- Lisbon Portela Airport, Portugal @1430, 6 Feb, 1997

Departure- Lisbon Portela Airport, Portugal @1630, 6 Feb, 1997
Arrival- Cork Airport, Ireland @ 2250, 6 Feb 1997

When the fax arrived he would continue to say.

"This is only for the first flight, however the times will remain the same for all 5 flights of ours, only the dates will change. If all is acceptable we will brief our pilots, who will be doing rotational shifts, and we will have them contact your Air Traffic Controllers when they reach Portuguese Airspace."

He'd then pause for a reply.

Strix

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
"That seems to be perfect, Mr. Barrett. I'll contact the ANAC about this, I'll also provide your planes a private space on the area so that the average civilian flight wouldn't be impeded. There's no doubt that this would be alright for them. Everything is acceptable, and I'll set up security around the area. Is there anything else?"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Sounds great, I'll get this pushed out to Ltc Stevens so he can begin the mission, thank you for your time."

He would then pause incase Mr. Gonçalves wanted to add anything, if not he would hang up.

Strix