STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ROI] Call to South Korea

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Republic of Ireland representative, Dick Spring| Minister of Foreign Affairs calls Republic of South Korea Foreign Affairs Office on a secure and private line.

"Good day my name is Dick Spring, I am the Minister of Foreign Affairs with the Republic of Ireland I'd like to discuss setting up an embassy and establishing Visa rules with the Republic of South Korea. To whom do I have the pleasure of speaking to?"

JamieA

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Deputy Minister for European Affairs Mr P'an Hyun-Seok would be sitting in his office when the call would be routed to him, he'd take a sip of his drink and clearing his throat before answering the call ensuring it is secured and private "Deputy Minister P'an Hyun-Seok at your service, it's a pleasure to talk with you Minister Spring. How can I help?"

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Hello Mr. Hyun-Seok it is a pleasure to speak to you. I have your Embassy's address as Clyde House, 15 Clyde Rd, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, D04 EN28, Ireland. I was calling today to discuss our Visa policy in Ireland."

Mr. Spring clears his throat.

"The Republic of Ireland offers a Standard and Free Irish Visa which includes showing Passport at custom which will grant a 30 day free travel of the country. An additional 30 days may be procured for free through your embassy and through our Department of Foreign Affairs. While in Ireland anyone on Visa must comply with all local law, if any law is broken then the Visa holder will be brought directly to their respective embassy for deportation at the expense of their home nation. If a Visa expires while the Visa holder is still in Ireland, they will be deported, again at the expense of their home nation. If this is something we can agree to I will update our Visa registry to include the Republic of Korea. Additionally if you wish to add extra amenities for your citizens there is a tax, however I'm sure we can always negotiate."

JamieA

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"That is something I can put forward to the President and I am sure the President will quickly push it through to get accepted. Starting strong ties is something that the Republic of Korea has failed to do in the previous years. It'll be good to start of strong and help improve the relations between our two nations." the Minister paused before continuing "I have also faxed over some information, we should be useful for your department."

Fax #1 said:
[ Notes ]
All security personnel MUST be unarmed. Use of any firearms are not prohibited unless previously agreed upon.
Each embassy may have up to the following personnel and staff; 5 Diplomatic Staff, 25 Mission Staff and 10 Security Personnel. Anything more than the stated list must be agreed with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
All buildings housing Diplomatic, Mission and Security personnel are subject to Republic of Korea (South) laws. All buildings also belong to the Republic of Korea (South) unless otherwise agreed upon.

Drivindeath

Last edited:

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Excellent I just received the fax."

You can hear him reading the fax in a mumbling tone.

"I see." he proclaimed.

"We do request that our security personnel be armed. Our security personnel typically carry Sig Sauer P226 Semi-auto pistols. They would be used as protection for the embassy and to protect the Ambassador. Ambassador Richard Donald will be assigned to the Embassy in Korea (south). We will send the max number of delegates and security personnel as well. We understand that the building will belong to the Republic of Korea."

"As for your embassy in Dublin, it will be deemed Republic of Korea soil, your country will own the building, until you decide you wish to leave. You are authorized 30 Diplomatic Personnel, 30 Mission Staff, and 22 Security Personnel. The security personnel are able to be armed, however firearms must be registered at Customs. All Korean Nationals will be subject to Irish Law. We also will allow extradition of your citizens."

"We look forward to continued friendship."

JamieA

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Although we don't permit firearms to be used, I am sure we can work on something with the Ministry of Public Safety to allow your security services to be armed while they are at the embassy. They would need be registered, and a license would need to be issued for every person who will be using a firearm. You will be subject to Korean laws regarding firearms once this has been agreed." the minister paused taking a drink before continuing "That is fine, I understand and will support the Republic of Ireland in any way shape or form that Korea can if a Korean national does break Irish Law"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Of course we agree to all everything. If it comes down to our guards are not to be armed with firearms, I'm sure we could work something else out. We understand that while our dignitaries and citizens are in Korea they will have to obey Korean Law. I am very pleased that we where able to come to this arrangement. Thank you so much for your time." Mr. Spring would pause briefly to here if Mr. P'an Hyun-Seok had anything else to say. If not he would hang up.

JamieA

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"My pleasure, hopefully this friendship starts strong and stays strong" the Minister would say his byes and hang up