STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ROI]: DOD Message to France

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
640px-Coat_of_arms_of_Ireland.svg.png

Republic of Ireland
Encrypted and Classified​
To: Sébastien Lecornu, Minister of Defence, French Republic
From: Michael Smith, Minister of Defence, Republic of Ireland
CC:

Greetings Minister of Defence Sébastien Lecornu,

I write you this message in the hopes of discussing the possibility of working on a contract to supply the Irish Air Corps with a defence fighter. We are in particular interested in the Dassault Rafale C F2 and Dassault Rafale B F2. For this we are looking to acquire a squadron of the aircraft as well as a contract to keep the aircraft that are purchased updated as new versions and updates become available. However if you are willing to sell I and my staff would like to see a demonstration of the aircraft.

Regards,
Michael Smith
Minister of Defence
Republic of Ireland

Zak

Last edited:

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Government of France
ENCRYPTED

Dear Minister Michael Smith,

I would like to thank the Irish Government for their interest in procuring variants of the Dassault Rafaele but I regret to inform you that we are not willing to export this aircraft at this present moment. I would like to offer the Dassault Mirage 2000-5F for a price of $44,887,499.86 which is an excellent price for such a wonderful aircraft and its components. I can offer the services of Dassault to your government or ambassador to market the product in person.

Regards,
François Lecointre
Minister of Defence
French Republic

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018

Republic of Ireland
To: Sébastien Lecornu, Minister of Defence, French Republic Zak
CC:

Greetings,

Your counter offer of the Dassault Mirage 2000-5F is indeed tempting, however it is an older airframe that will in all likelihood not receive many more upgrades in the future. I think however we can come to an agreement that satisfies both parties. You mentioned that you are simply at this time not willing to export the Rafaele, what can we do to make your country more inclined to export it to us? Our goal is a small to medium yet elite Air Corps, and frankly the Rafaele fits the bill for it and matches our goals for purchasing from European nations.

Thus at this time I have been authorized to offer the following as a part of a five year renewable contract as a package
Non aggression pact between the Republic of Ireland and French Republic
Military docking rights at the Naval base in Haulbowline Island, Ireland
Military use of Casement Aerodrome
Exclusivity deal on purchasing fighter aircraft and maintenance

And attached to this deal would be that the aircraft would under French ownership and only leased to us for a year. At any point France may pull out of such a contract and if it is before a year then you would be able to take back the aircraft.

As an optional we would also be interested in join mikitary exercises. However if non of this interests you then after some deliberation I will give the final answer on your offer for the Dassault Mirage 2000-5F. Or if it interests you, but is not enough please put forward what you would need to complete such a deal.

Regards,
Michael Smith
Minister of Defence
Republic of Ireland

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Government of France
ENCRYPTED

Dear Minister Michael Smith,

I would like to thank your office for your reply. After careful consideration between the Defence and National Security Council which is chaired by the President, we have decided to turn down the counter offer you have listed in your previous correspondence. We have deliberated between various departments and have decided that the Dassault Rafale is an advanced piece of equipment that we would like to keep exclusive to the French Republic. Our previous offer listed in our previous correspondence relating to the Dassault Mirage 2000-5F still stands but we will discount this down to $41,342,000.00 per unit as a sign of good faith. I would also be willing to visit Ireland with a team of advisers to pitch the aircraft to the Irish Department of Defence and Dáil Éireann as well as other parties if need be.

Regards,
Sébastien Lecornu
Minister of Defence
French Republic

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018

Republic of Ireland
To: Sébastien Lecornu, Minister of Defence, French Republic Zak
CC:

Greetings,

While it is disappointing and unfortunate that this decision has been made as of this time, we are indeed willing to consider the Dassault Mirage 2000-5F. While we still do wish to support the European Defence industries, we will be wanting to hear and see the pitch for the aircraft. Would you be able to bring a demonstrator for us to view?

Regards,
Michael Smith
Minister of Defence
Republic of Ireland

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa