STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ROI] Message to Canada

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Private and Secure

To: Department of Global Affairs

Subject: Establishing Diplomatic Relations

CC: Mary Robinson

Greetings on behalf the Republic of Ireland. We would like to formally invite Canada's Government to Dublin to inspect a building we have set aside to be as an Embassy for Canada. We hope to establish a good relationship and strengthen bonds between our nations. I hope we can have a long lasting friendship and work alongside each other for years to come. We are aware that there has been a recent change in your government and things are quiet tense on the world stage. We hope this doesn't affect our relationship as we move forward in the future.

Respectfully,
Pat Rabbitte
Minister of State

Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019

PRIVATE AND ENCRYPTED

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.evbuc.com%2Fimages%2F24508633%2F168895572654%2F1%2Foriginal.jpg

Department of Global Affairs

C7qlG7n.png

To: Pat Rabbitte

Dearest Minister Rabbitte,

Our ambassador to Ireland is currently situated in our embassy in Dublin on 3rd Floor, Philip Lee, Wilton Terrace, Saint Peter's. Our ambassador's name is Ron Irwing and I'm certain he'll be more than happy to discuss relocating the Canadian Embassy. However, may I ask why Ireland desires to do so? Canada is more than happy with the current location.

Kindest Regards,
Edward Reid
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Canada

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Dick Spring, Minister of Foreign Affairs, arrives at the Canadian Embassy in Dublin. He then walks to the receptionist.

"Hello I'm Mr. Spring Minister of Foreign Affairs"

Mr. Spring shows his credentials.

"I'm here to speak with Ron Irwing."

Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
The receptionist would be slightly startled by the sudden arrival of the Minister of Foreign Affairs.

"Hello, Minister Spring," she would begin, "just one moment please - I'll see if he's in today." With that she would grab the phone and press a button. "Hello, Mr. Irwing. The Irish Minister of Foreign Affairs, Dick Spring is here to see you... Okay, I'll send him right up." She hung up and point to the direction of the office. "Up those stairs and down the hall, Minister Spring. The door should be open."

And it was. Ambassador Ron Irwing was seated at his desk but stood when the Minister arrived, extending his hand for a handshake. "Good afternoon, Minister Spring, please take a seat. Can I get you something to drink? What do I owe the pleasure?"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Mr. Spring reaches out his hand and shakes the hand of Mr. Irwing.

"Good afternoon, water please."

Mr. Spring would then take a seat.

"I'm here to discuss a Visa between our two nations and to discuss any security concerns you may have."

Mr. Spring clears his throat.

"Given recent events."

Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
"Ah, I see. Totally understandable. Canada's visas remain the same regardless, Minister Spring. We have three types of visas: visit, employment and education. Visit visas remain for thirty days, to be renewed indefinitely by the applicant. The education visas last for however long the applicant's program is. And lastly, the work visas last for a year before having to be renewed.

Is that similar to Ireland's visas?"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Not quite."

Mr. Spring replies.

"The Republic of Ireland offers a Standard and Free Irish Visa which includes showing Passport at custom which will grant a 30 day free travel of the country. An additional 30 days may be procured for free through your embassy and through our Department of Foreign Affairs. While in Ireland anyone on Visa must comply with all local law, if any law is broken then the Visa holder will be brought directly to their respective embassy for deportation at the expense of their home nation. If a Visa expires while the Visa holder is still in Ireland, they will be deported, again at the expense of their home nation."

Mr. Spring pauses before continuing.

"We do offer exceptions to this visa. However some exceptions come with a tax at the expense of the government trying to have these exceptions."

Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
"I see. Well, Ireland's visas are more than suitable to Canadian standards. I'm assuming you came here today to discuss exceptions of Canadian visas for Irish citizens?"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Of course, we have always had a good relationship with Canada, and we hope to keep our close friendship going. We want to extend Canadian citizens Visas to three months in Ireland with a three month extension if requested. This of course if free of charge. However if a Canadian citizen wishes to stay longer they will be charged for additional time. Unless of course they are going to apply for Irish Citizenship. While in Ireland they will have to obey Irish laws. This is an exception only a few countries have with Ireland and has no tax. I hope this is acceptable."

Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
"I thank you for offering Canadian citizens such an exemption, Minister. I suppose I could have my government do something similar for Irish citizens. While I cannot promise that I could have then allow free renewals, I can promise that Irish citizens will be able to have three month Visas."

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"We would really appreciate that if you are able to make that work. Is there anything else you would like to discuss?"

Alex