STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[RU]: Phone Call to Canada

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018

202px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_Russian_Federation.svg.png

320px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png

202px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_Russian_Federation.svg.png
Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
Private and Encrypted
The Minister of Industry and Trade Vladimir Filippov would call the Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs Daniel Barnes on an encrypted line.

@Grant

Grant

Newcomer
Jul 1, 2018
The Foreign Minister walked out of the Board Room of Parliament Hill, tucking his briefcase closer to his chest as he winded down the hallways towards his office. He gently stepped through the first door, to see his Secretary filing her nails. Startled at his arrival, she quickly dropped the nail file and began sifting through her paperwork on the desk.

"Mr Barnes. That was a much quicker meeting that I expected.. I am just trying to sort out those documents and portfolios you asked me to. Once I have a more accurate figure, I'll send them across to your email."

Daniel glanced at her desk, checking out the endless files just scattered across the top of it. He raised an eyebrow and perked his ears up when she spoke again.

"Oh and one last thing, Mr Barnes. We have a Mr Vladimir Filippov from the Russian Government on Line 1. I'll transfer him through line to your phone when ready."

"Thank you, Iona. Put a hold on any visitors for the next hour. I'll inform you once I'm available again."

"Of course, Mr Barnes."

Daniel moved past her swiftly and firmly closed the door behind him. He approached his desk, sliding onto the seat and lifting the phone to his ear. He pressed the flashing icon on the phone to transfer the call through the encrypted line. He spoke confidently;

"Minister Daniel Barnes speaking. Is that Mr Filippov? I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. How may I be of assistance?"

@HeadlessSeeker

Last edited:

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private and Encrypted

"Ah, Mr. Barnes. I am very pleased to be speaking with you. I have a great deal to discuss. Also, no need to worry about the wait. These are busy times no?" he laughed just a little, though mainly it was to keep things going on a positive note."As for assistance... Well, we here in Russia would like to restart trade relations between our nations. As you know, the unlawful coup attempt disrupted such things. There is also a growing concern we believe you can help with."

@Grant

Grant

Newcomer
Jul 1, 2018
Private & Encrypted

Daniel laughed at the comment about being busy times. He could relate too well, with the new position he was in. His paperwork was growing by the minute as he tried to keep on top of everything. He chuckled while spluttering out some words

"Too busy. I just don't think there is enough hours in the day anymore, Mr Filippov. Plus, a Trade Agreement is something I'm happy to reach for with you. We can happily discuss terms"

Daniels tone changed after hearing about the recent failed coup d'état which had taken place in Russia and followed on, in a more mellow tone.

"I'm sorry to hear of such events happening in Russia, though. I hope you and your people are safe. I see that you mention it is failed attempt. Have you managed to get the situation under control? Your concern which we may be able to help with intrigues me.. Please elaborate."

Daniel quickly took down his notepad, silently writing notes about the conversation he was having, waiting for the response.

@HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private and Encrypted

"The situation has been under control for a few months now. it has just been a matter of getting things back on track. Now then, as for terms for the trade agreement... Russia has Crude Petroleum, Refined Petroleum, Natural Gas, Coal and Semi-Finished Iron that we can supply. We would also like to start up a joint venture in securing trade routes, especially against smugglers."

@Grant

Grant

Newcomer
Jul 1, 2018
Daniel smiled warmly after hearing that the coup was over and everything was settled back down. He began jotting notes about the different resources which was available from Russia. He assessed what had been said and waited for Vladimir to finish his sentence. As the silence drew in, Daniel spoke:

I'm extremely happy to hear that everything is coming back together. If you are in need of any additional support, I'm sure we could come to some form of arrangement."

Daniel glanced back at the notes and summoned his sentence off the information he read:

"Now, Petroleum & Coal is a prominent resource in Canada. These two actually being our main resource gain inside the country. Iron being our third biggest production. Although, I will say that I would not turn down the offer to have some available should we ever require it. You never know when you need any more, am I right?"

Daniel chuckled, trying to keep the mood light.

"Canada's Exports consist of Mineral Fuels, such as Crude Oil & Coal. Machinery, including Electronical parts, Timber & Precious Metals & Gems, which include Diamonds. I'm not sure if any of this interests you?"

@HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private and Encrypted

"Thank you, though I believe the situation is well underhand. We had some support from the US in pressuring them hardliners into coming to the negotiating table.

Now then, I believe we can import Crude Oil, Machinery, including Electronical parts, Timber & Precious Metals & Gems. We can turn the crude into refined. Also, when you say iron do you mean ore? semi finished? or finished?"

@Grant

Grant

Newcomer
Jul 1, 2018
Daniel adjusted himself in his seat, swapping the phone receiver to his other ear. He propped it firmly on his ear using his shoulder while he flicked through his files in front of him. After finding the right document, he spoke:

"Ah.. there we go. It's Iron ore direct from the mines. No additional work gets put into it. But it could happily sit there as a reserve for you, if you're interested."

Daniel paused for a moment before continuing the discussion.

"Where would you want the items delivered too and on what frequency are you looking for? We could happily secure a few different trade routes across your country at the different ports."

@HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private and Encrypted

"Yes, I think we would be interested in that arrangement. Now then, given the nature of the goods I think on a monthly basis would work. I also believe that the Port of Vladivostok would do well. Big port Saint Petersburg could also work. What frequency would you like?"

@Grant

Grant

Newcomer
Jul 1, 2018
Daniel quickly wrote down the ports which were mentioned followed by the frequency requested by the Russian Official. He gently placed the pen down on the notepad.

"We'd be looking at monthly deliveries, split into two separate vessels going to the Ports of Halifax & Toronto. Although, I would suggest a smaller vessel to reach the port of Toronto as it's much more shallow than the open waters. Just a heads up. Is this feasible for you?"

He quickly turned to his laptop, opening it up beside him. The screen flickered to life and he clicked through the menus and opened up his email. The screen out of view from the Russian Official. He quickly began typing up an instruction for his secretary.

"If everything is up to scratch on that matter, I'll inform my secretary to begin preparations and send me the correct files to sign. Then maybe we could discuss the ability for a Free Trade Agreement between our nations since I intend to expand our trade networks over the coming years should we start off today."

Daniel rested his finger on his mouse, where it was hovering over the 'Send' button for the email, just waiting for the confirmation from Vladimir.

@HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private and Encrypted

"I believe a shallow vessel should be more then possible. Though, we will have to bring them into commission. For now we will have to use our nuclear icebreakers. As you know, access to warm water ports is a commodity here is Russia. Anyhow, yes I believe everything is up to scratch as you say. So feel free to send those files."

He would say leaning back in his chair.

"Also, aside from the Free trade agreement, I think that the matter in regards to the Artic circle should be discussed at some point."

@Grant

Grant

Newcomer
Jul 1, 2018
Daniel clicked on his mouse, sending the files over to Vladimir's assistant to begin processing. He stopped for a moment to listen before replying back to the Arctic Circle being mentioned.

"The Arctic Circle? What exactly would you like to discuss about it? As it is the main body of water & ice which separates our nations, I assume you would want to discuss access amongst other issues?"

Gently clicking through his computer, Daniel found the messaging system which the Government used on all computers to message his secretary, asking for her to prepare him a cup of coffee. He grinned as he hit send and turned his view back towards the Russian diplomat, awaiting his reply.

@HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private and Encrypted

"Yes, access. As you know, both Russia and Canada have reasons to have interest in the arctic circle. We would like to ensure that our interests do not conflict with one another. As you know, there is an extreme amount of oil in the arctic circle. I believe the establishment of boundaries between our claims should be a top priority."

@Grant

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89