STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Russia]: Phone Call To Britain

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
320px-Moscow_Frunzenskaya_Embankment_at_Pushkinsky_Bridge_08-2016.jpg

Private/Encrypted

Minister of Defense Pavel Grachev would from his office in the Ministry of Defense Building in Moscow would make a secured/private/encrypted call to his counterpart in the UK. He had made sure his door was locked and put a Soldier on guard outside. He made sure the window was closed and locked as well. He patiently waited for the British MOD or his secretary or someone to pick up.

@Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Held up in his office, Minister Jake Denholme was sat in front of his laptop before the phone called. Answering it only led him to his receptionist that advised of a Russian invitation to discuss with their Minister of Defence, Pavel Grahev. Having little idea on how to pronounce the name, the message was passed across as clear as possible. Acknowledging it, the call would be transferred just after he had time to clear his throat. Ensuring his line was secure and encrypted, his office in private. Jake took the call and made his introduction. "Hello, Jake Denholme for the Ministry of Defence. How may I help you?"

@HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted

There was a short pause before Minister of Defense Pavel Grachev spoke. "Hello Minister Denholme. This is Minister of Defense Pavel Grachev speaking. You may be aware of the demand we made to the Belgians and French? We have determined that neither side has fully complied with this. They have made steps but neither seems to want to build a lasting peace out of this. As your nation is accross the channel from both of the warring parties, I wanted to know your thoughts on this, and what actions the UK would and would not support."

@Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Pleasure to speak with you, Minister" replied Jake, opting to listen to the query posed by his Russian counterpart. "I am aware, and I think we are fortunate it saw a swift conclusion to the conflict that was brewing whether they fully complied or not. Overall, we strongly believe that it's not to force peace, but only to encourage it. The steps currently taken have ensured peace is the current status. As for future deterrence, it's something we're going to monitor. I think if it was to erupt again, the Global Assembly ought to be the best place to settle the dispute on a more permanent basis. Might I ask what other actions you refer too?"

@HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted

"Actions such as the enforcement for our demand of a demilitarized zone. As this is a matter which is just accross from you we believe it best to differ to your judgement in regards to your neighbors. Just as we would hope that Britain would trust us on matters in regards to our own sphere."

@Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"I'm hopeful we can avoid it needing to become a demilitarized zone. The attack seemed random and not thought out, almost able to mirror that of a terrorist attack which could mean it remains an isolated incident. Nonetheless, we're also aware of a dialogue open between both parties but hosted by the Netherlands. I think the best cause of action for now may be to monitor it and see what agreement comes from it. Belgium seems to be in a struggle economically, we will be opening a dialogue with them to try to get an understanding of what is going on. Their suddenness has made them rather unpredictable."

@HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted

"A terrorist attack? Hmm yes, it would be best to keep an eye on the situation. If worse comes to worse it may be prudent to declare them a terrorist state should future incidents occur. Speaking of terrorist states, we ave been quietly watching the situation in Iraq unfold. Or at least, we have been trying to. How is the situation panning out there on your end?"

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Progressing, slowly but still progressing. Our focus is to remove Hussein from office to prevent any further attacks going forward. The attack on London, the attacks in Spain and the US all hit hard and really unveiled concerns for security given the ease that the terrorists had on their assaults. We are learning from this, and will be ensuring that it doesn't happen again to the best of our abilities.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I would be keen to hear your thoughts on a joint UK-RU military training exercise?"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted

"I have some information that may help though you may already know. We have a fairly good idea of what equipment their military has and uses. It is after all based off of our exports and the exports of the old warsaw pact. For example, I can say with certainty that we only ever sold them training ammunition.

I believe such an exercise would be of a great benefit. We would have much to learn from one another. Perhaps a amphibious exercise? That way we can both contribute the best of what we have to offer."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Of course any information you have is useful and appreciated to help us with any operations.
In relation to an exercise, amphibious is definitely one we're open too, especially been an island. Anything along those lines tends to help. Do you have a time frame of when to do such exercise and if you would like to host it or prefer the UK to do so?"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted

"We would like to host the exercise. Specifically, we would like to use Severny Island as the location. This would also help with preparing for possible current scenarios. It has the benefit of featuring a base already present there as well as a harbor. However, we will have to restrict access to certain areas. Specifically the nuclear bomb test site. This is for obvious reasons."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Very well, if you would like to arrange it and we will comply with the date and parameters set, of course we would require some notice to transport forces to Severny Island but we will be happy to work around you.
I will update the Ministry of Defence to expect your invitation to the joint exercise and we can go from there.
If you are happy with that, I am happy to move onto the next subject unless you have nothing further to discuss?"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted

"How about in thirty days time? It takes time for all the arrangements to be made afterall. But we can go earlier if you wish. We should send someone to the UK so that they may plan with you for this exercise.

As for additional topics, there is one. We would like the UK to join us in establishing a a Space Station. A international Space Station if you will. It will be Mir-2. As you know MiR is defunct and not in the best state at the moment, and we plan to deorbit it by 2001. We want to put up a new space station. I believe having British cooperation would be a way for us to put our best foot forward. As a respected member of the international community we would be very happy to have your help on this."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Thirty days sounds fair, if you'd like to arrange the paperwork and we can go from there? (create exercise topic). As for the plan, I think due to the time scale, it could be beneficial for a video call with one of our commanding officers for the Royal Marines who could participate in the plan before deploying to Russia to engage in the training. That way, the information is there before it begins.

It is interesting you mention space, actually. The Government Budget for 1997 has set out the creation of the United Kingdom Space Agency. Albeit, not as big as yours or what NASA once was, but sufficient enough for us to carry out our own research on a smaller scale so for a chance to work with yourselves in that arena would be most useful. We aim to have the main functionalities of the agency established in the next few months, followed by facilities up to the end of 1998. Might I ask the current status of your own space endevours?"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted

"Yes, I do believe that would be for the best. We can have our officers get in contact with one another for that. Due to the nature of the exercise it is important to plan things out and work closely with one another. We will also have to redirect resources to the island so that there is enough supply for the exercise to occur. After this call we can have our officers contact yours through the Ministry of Defence line?

Now then, as for the status of our space program it is going well. We have funded the revitalization of our cosmodromes and even begun the construction of new ones. We have built super heavy launch pads that our Energia rockets can use. Speaking of which, we have decided to not cancel our super heavy rocket program. We are set to begin formalized unmanned launches within a month."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Yes, that would be great if one of your officers could contact our Defence line, it'll allow it to be handled more mainstream and with someone that has considerably more knowledge than I in that sector. Ideally we'd like to work with yourselves and many other space agencies once ours is established, like I explained, ours will be more on the down-low. We don't intend to complete with the likes of you or NASA, for example. The focus is research and scientific breakthroughs but our budget won't accommodate for large UK missions."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted

"That is perfectly fine of course. I am sure though that having British participation will be of a great benefit. What scientific projects do you have in mind? or your program has in mind I should say?"

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"As explained that the United Kingdom Space Agency will be retaining a ... back seat when it comes to space epxloration, we would like to be very much involved in others. Therefore, we would be able to support any projects you seek and invite you to support other ideas we may have. Unfortunately, due to my position, these are not something I would be aware of and further discussion may reveal more when the U-K-S-A formally enters service in a few weeks."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted

"Very well. Now then, I think that is everything? Our Ministry of Defence will contact your government in regards to the exercise. It will be a pleasure to work with you."

Jamie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien