STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Seven News Queensland]: Queensland legalises sex work

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018

"This is Seven News Queensland with Rod Young and Kay McGrath."

"Good Evening,

Today the Queensland Parliament has passed the Prostitution Act of 1996, which many campaigners are hailing as a success. It was passed in the Parliament with the support of Labor and Independent MP, Liz Cunningham. Premier Wayne Goss has said this is a momentous day for Queensland and another step in liberalising the state from what he calls the "shackles of Joh Bjelke-Petersen." The act makes it legal to undertake independent private sex work and to work as apart of a licensed brothel. The act is still yet to receive Royal Assent from the Governor by many applications have already been received by the Prostitution Licensing Authority. The act coincides with similar legislation passing in Belgium. We cross live to our reporter Sharyn Ghidella at Parliament House, Sharyn what more can you tell us..."

Wayne Goss declaring victory for sex workers and Queensland

Full legislation can be read here: http://www6.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/...ownload/au/legis/qld/consol_act/pa1999205.pdf

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Prime Minister of Sweden Stefan Löfven echos his comments on the impending legislation on the legalisation of prostitution in Belgium to Australia. In a very short statement released to the press he states:

"The legalisation of prostitution in Belgium and now Queensland, Australia allows the unrestricted and uncontrolled growth of criminal organised crime groups in not only Europe but also other parts of the globe. These groups will continue to make use of the exploitation of women to grow their criminal empires - taxation by regional or central governments will not stop these groups from trafficking people against their will, forcing the vulnerable to perform acts they'd previously never dream of performing and making other avenues of criminal exploitation even easier to encompass into their everyday business. This wave of legalisation around the world must stop and it must stop before we see more and more vulnerable people abused or worse... dead. Thank you."

• Wow
Reactions: Zak

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
Queensland Premier Wayne Goss, would be quite shocked at the response from the Government of Sweden, of all the Governments that could release a statement, he would respond to a question on the matter in a press conference about his reaction to the Swedish comments.

"Look, I appreciate what the Swedish Prime Minister has had to say but this is a matter for Queensland and it will remain an internal matter for Queensland. I'm not sure why this particular Government feels it has a right to comment on a nation's internal matters which seems extremely inappropriate and undiplomatic. My stance is not going to change because of the Swedish Prime Minister's opinion and indeed the majority of Queenslanders who supported this legislation and is something which we took to the last state election. I am confident that Queensland Police and federal agencies such as Customs and Border Protection will mitigate the fears that the Swedish Prime Minister has on acts such as human trafficking which may I remind everybody, is still illegal. Queensland Police remain dedicated to stopping human trafficking and I have my utmost faith in them and so should the Swedish Prime Minister."

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018

The Federal Member for Kennedy in Far North Queensland, National Party MP Bob Katter, would make a public statement.

"You know I think this is a.... sad day for Queensland. I don't always agree with the Swedish and their leftist hippy-loving commune they've got going on there in Scandinavia but on this matter I AGREE. What Wayne Goss has done to this state is abhorrent.... this matter has put a stain on Queensland BUT I'M NOT GONNA SPEND ANY TIME ON IT... because in the mean time.... every three months..... a person is torn to shreds by a crocodile in North Queensland.... thank you."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien