STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Shield of faith

Logan

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
Even in some of the further reaches of the Quirinal Palace, aides and guards could hear the fencing match going on in the courtyard. Between the cymbal-like clanging of the sabres as they elastically bounced off each other in wild and exaggerated patterns and the grunts, shouts and conversation between the two men as they went at each other, it was perhaps harder not to hear them as it was to hear them, though their conversation seemed to be hushed enough that no one really knew what the two were talking about.

"Your Maj-"

"How many times do I have to tell you? On my courtyard, in my round table, I'm Vincenzo."

"Fine. Vincenzo. I know you didn't just call me here to spar or, as the Americans might say 'hang out.' So what's the issue."

Using the moment of quiet to catch his opponent, Vincenzo lunged forward, and when parried away he slashed the sabre back towards his (slightly older, perhaps by half a decade or a bit more) opponent's torso.

"It took me three tries to get you to accept the Grandmaster's collar. Most men, no matter how humble, would've jumped at that opportunity."

the Opponent mimic'd the King's strategy, lunging in, only to be parried back and forced backwards, narrowly avoiding Vincenzo's sabre.

"It's not like I could leave my assignment at Rozenn's Side, and I figured improving your family's security was the reason you sent me to learn Force Protection with the Knights."

Rather than try the obvious strategy once again, he moved his sabre into a parrying position and regained his footing, Vincenzo used the silence to do the same before launching another flurry of barely-parried strikes.

"I sent you to learn it because I want you to become the Grandmaster. I need someone in whom I can place my absolute trust to lead them?"

"I'm honored, but you still haven't explained why."

"Because my mission for you and the Knights of St Maurice is vital."

"Again with the crypticism, what is the mission, Vincenzo?"

Once again, Vincenzo launched a flurry of attacks, most of which were flurried, but one of the last few strokes of his sabre caught the kevlar of the opponent's jacket, registering as a hit and ending their session.

"The Knights of St Maurice are to protect Italy's most sacred and important resource, the church. There are 225 Dioceses in the Kingdom of Italy, and I intend to assign 22 Knights to each. Their Jobs will be threefold:

First, they protect the churches of each diocese, especially the cathedrals and basilicas, and especially when they are occupied. Second, they protect the clergy of each diocese, taking jurisdiction in any criminal case involving a priest, bishop, or archbishop. Thirdly they assist Law Enforcement and Military Forces in defending the people of each diocese, providing material or manpower support for local police in major cases, serving as armed security in public places whenever threats might be levied against the church or her congregants, and providing direct security support to local parishes when there is a credible and sizable threat against their parishioners."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Finally, as the Grandmaster of this Order, your title will be Sentinel, to denote this mission."

The king would hand over a military uniform with a cloak to go over it. on the pauldrons of the uniform and cloak was the following symbol:

latest

"Protect our Church, Umberto. Both for your earthly king and for our King on High."

"It is an honor, sir."

Logan

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
"Sentinel, Welcome."

The Archbishop's voice boomed throughout the office, low and loud. As the Knight walked into his office, his cape draped over his shoulder, his sword and sidearm hanging from his hips, and the symbol of his rank emblazoned on his sleeves, he marveled at the imposing stature, even to a large-statured man such as himself, of the Archbishop, a man whose very presence exuded power and authority and who could easily be mistaken for the Archangel Michael. Here, in the Cathedral Basilica of Milan, the post to which he was least expecting to be called, he could only be humbled.

"Your Excellency, this is a most unusual circumstance to be meeting you. To what do I owe the pleasure?" The Sentinel's question had a mixture of both awe and uncertainty to it.

"Your Sovereign has charged you with defending the Church, but today, the Church must call upon you to protect your sovereign. From your Colleague and subordinate, the Knight-Paladin in charge of the intelligence-gathering Knights of St. Lazarus, I have obtained specific information. Elements within the King's military administration have taken actions he has known naught about, and of which he would not approve."

"Forgive me, Archbishop, but I do no-"

"An officer of the Carabinieri has been answering to a faction of hardliners within the Knight's Conclave, connected to the old Republic's 'Forza Italia.' He was involved in the murder of political enemies one of our former governments had arrested for treason."

"And why are, I mean, Sir, Why exactly am I receiving this information from you, and not the Knight-Paladin?"

"Because I am to be the chaplain of the Royal Council, and when he sought guidance, I knew the information was dangerous for whoever-"

The Sentinel saw a glint through the window, coming from an opposing rooftop, and immediately jumped across the desk to tackle the Archbishop, screaming,

"DOWN!"

Two shots rang out, impacting the desk the sentinel had just leaped over. No Silencer... thought the Sentinel. At that moment, he knew this was a message. Whoever was behind this conspiracy, wanted the archbishop silenced, and anyone else who knew, too scared to talk.

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89