STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[South Africa]: Message to William Harper

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018

CLASSIFIED AND ENCRYPTED

"Dear Mr. William Harper,

We are reaching out to you because we require the leadership of a White Rhodesian to help lead the Rhodesian Front, which is currently in exile in South Africa, back into Rhodesia. Now is the perfect time, with the chaos that is ensuing that we re-establish the Government of Rhodesia in Rhodesia and I'm sure you will become its Prime Minister. You are the most connected and most loyal person we know to the Front. We're trying to gather White Rhodesians from across South Africa to form a paramilitary of the Rhodesian Front to be inserted into Rhodesia and retake Salisbury. Weapons and training will be provided by the South African Government. We do hope you will take up this lucrative offer.

Yours sincerely,
Niel Barnard,
Director-General of the Bureau of State Security."

J.Hyde

J.Hyde

Apprentice
Jul 31, 2020
Owen

William John Harper, a veteran politician who served in the cabinet of Ian Douglas Smith, but left due to disagreements over whether blacks should be given equal rights. Harper was in favour of ideas that would have made Rhodesia much more similar to apartheid South Africa, which clashed with Smith's gradual move towards equal rights for the black majority population. After reading the communique that had arrived at his home in South Africa, he created the following secret and private response.

William%20John%20Harper.png

"Dear sir,

Mr. Smith's act of treachery has seen my homeland be reduced to a land where savages are allowed to roam free as they wallow in and drink their own filth. The idea that permitting the negro population the ability to rule themselves would result in a stable democracy has been definitively debunked. The motherland, Great Britain, stabbed Rhodesia in the back when it forced the rightful rulers of the country to submit to the whims of a negroid communist, who, like all communists, have destroyed everything that was made by honest, decent, white people.

It was inevitable that the whole enterprise would collapse due to mismanagement by the negroes, however I did not expect it to occur during my lifetime. It truly does amaze me how the only skill a negro can excel at is self-destruction. This is why it's necessary to have the guiding hand of the civilised white man, so that the base, animalistic tendencies of the black man can be kept in check.

I accept your offer, even though I am advanced in age, and am grateful that liked-minded people, such as the government of South Africa, are willing to provide their support, even if it's not public in nature. I am aware of a number of expatriates residing in South Africa that I can contact regarding this endeavour. I am certain that they will be able to spread the word and a sizeable force will be able to assemble itself of Rhodesians ready to re-establish Rhodesia.

Yours faithfully,
William John Harper"

With the response sent, Harper began making some calls to fellow Rhodesians he knew in South Africa. Most of the diaspora had already heard the call put out by The Provisional Executive Council, and had began trying to get home to help, however some had refused, because they would be expending their energy for a society that would have blacks as equals. Harper's call, on the other hand, would allow them to fight for the society they wished for. After a while, around 5,000 white Rhodesians had been found, and had put themselves forward for service in retaking Rhodesia from The Zimbabweans.

Last edited:

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
The Rhodesians who came forward and volunteered for fighting would be armed and given weapons by the South African Defence Force (As per J.Hyde's request these 5,000 are from his initial batch of troops). They would be under the orders of William Harper, but essentially were under the orders of the State Security Council of South Africa. General Johannes Geldenhuys, Chief of the South African Defence Force would privately instruct all Rhodesians who were fighting for the Rhodesian Front to make their way and report themselves to Far North Command Headquarters in Pietersburg. It would be there they would be given further equipment by Far North Command and the Logistics Command. They would essentially be mercenaries under the command of the SADF but would be ideologically led by William Harper.

"Dear Mr. Harper,

We have been collating the White Rhodesians who are willing to fight and have been arming them. They will be reporting to Far North Command soon. If you would also like to make your way to Far North Command in Pietersburg where you would be able to work closely with the Commanders on our advance into Rhodesia as apart of 'Operation Rhodes'.

Sincerely,
Niel Barnard,
Director-General of the Bureau of State Security."

J.Hyde

J.Hyde

Apprentice
Jul 31, 2020
Owen

After packing his bags, the 81 year old Rhodesian loaded up his car and began for the 3 hour long drive from Johannesburg to Pietersburg, so that he could present himself, as requested, to show his face to the troops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa