STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Spain] Message to United Kingdom

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

1024px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Spain_%281931-1939%29-Flag_Variant.svg.png

Republic of Spain

This message is private & encrypted
To the Honourable Defence Secretary of the United Kingdom
Mr. Jason Green

I would like to contact you regarding an proposal that my government has been working on for the past few months, would it be possible to engage in a phone-call to discuss this?
The following proposal is around the idea of mutual defence cooperation, integration and trust. Which would set the ground work for a possible for bilateral alliance between both our nations.

With great appreciation and kind regards,
Secretary of Defence of the Republic of Spain
The Honourable Mr. Gustavo Suárez Pertierra

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Curious to hear of the proposal as mentioned in the email from the Spanish Secretary of Defence; Jason Green was sure to amend his calendar to fit in the Spanish Representative by pushing other appointments back. Adjusting his position in his seat and confined to his private office, Mr Green rang the Spanish Ministry of Defence, hoping to speak to Mr Pertierra in relation to his email. Patiently waiting, hopeful for them to pick up...

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Secretary of Defence, of the Department of Defence, would pick up the phone call by Mr. Green, in a private and encrypted line provided by the Department of Defence.

"Hello Minister Green, how are you today? I'm so glad that you have decided to call, we have much to discuss, especially in the side of Defense matters. How is the United Kingdom fairing with all that as suddenly happen in Russia?" He would wait patiently, taking a sip from his glass of water, as he was waiting for the Minister to reply, he would look over various documents detailing how the UK and the Spanish Republic could cooperate in matters of defence, and productions.

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Jason Green leaned to the side of his office, making sure his door was shut to retain the privacy he would be sharing with his Spanish equivalent. His mouth opened, about to speak before recalling a briefing of the International Conference; noting a Spanish Delegate. Skipping the small talk, he felt the situation was too dire and was deserving of immediate attention. "It's a pleasure to speak to you, but I'm afraid the situation is too dire but our main focus is one of our senior cabinet members who are in Russia as part of a conference. One that I believe your government also has positioned there? We are continuing to monitor the situation as a whole and are planning for any contingencies. We are seeing such violence spread to the likes of Ukraine, as you probably know. What do you currently make of the whole... mess?"

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Yes the situation is dire, our own Secretary of State is trapped in that Hotel to, we are doing everything we can to try and mount a rescue mission, but our operation capability at the moment is critical, due to the many airspace authorisations we have to ask. And we still haven't received confirmation by the Russian Government to use their airspace. It is a very risky situation which I fear is escalating faster than we can move. " He would sigh.

"It is a mess indeed, we are seeing communism rise again in Europe, and both our nations know what that could mean, a second iron curtain in Europe is just not what we need or want. And it is not acceptable in anyway, shape or form. Not only that the assassination attempt on the Ukrainian President shows how dangerous the situation is becoming by the day, and how is spreading far with violence erupting in India too. I'm very concerned is that we have reports that the Serbian Leadership is throwing more fuel into the fire by rousing the riots in Russia with communist speeches, which is not acceptable. We feel that, the world is yet again becoming polarized, with one block potentially forming, that seek to sew discord and most of all Vengence"

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
A moment of silence passed, Jason was mentally reviewing the situation based on his knowledge that British Special Forces were deploying nearby ready to go into Russia if needed. Perhaps Spain could be of use? Or would sharing such information pose a risk? Weighing the pros and cons, he begun to speak. "One of our contingencies, is the prospect of a rescue mission of our own special forces. Something that is already in motion to make any missions easier, they have been deployed to a forward operating base. Might I inquire as to your intentions? Obviously, I'd suggest either working together on the matter, or outlining each others plans to avoid unintentional conflicts of interest."

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"So, it seems we are on the same page, our intentions at the moment are to retrieve our secretary using one of our assets in the Black Sea, we have currently asked for Airspace access from Ukraine, which was granted, we are only waiting on the Russians to grant this same access, we have the capability of deploying one or two areal assets which will retrieve our Secretary without laying a boot on a the ground, as it was deemed to risky to do it, and could pose a very serious problem to our... personnel." He would nod to Mr. Green, trying to get the point across without saying much.

"This of course would mean that perhaps both our missions could interact." He would stop, now was not the time for state secrets, he was about to make a choice, and put faith into the British.

"I'm going to share this with you Mr.Geen, we are planning to have one or two helicopters make the journey from the Black Sea to Ukraine and then to Moscow, retrieve our man, and land in a Airfield in Moscow to refuel, as to make the journey safer back to our asset in the Black Sea, perhaps our missions could work together and rescuing our and any other diplomatic in that hotel?" He would wait for an answer.

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Thank you for that insight, UK Special Forces have deployed as a contingency in Sweden. We currently have a number of teams deployed there and able to move into Russia at a moments notice. Although we did request permission, the Russian Government, not that it has much standing right now; denied our request. Although we will respect this decision, if the situation escalates further and the Russians are unable to offer regular updates or see our Secretary of International Development leave the country -- I'm afraid they'll be going in regardless. If that is the case then we are fortunate to know that the country is in entire disarray and no doubt a huge security lapse right now to minimize any risks." Jason leaned back, adjusting himself to be in a more comfortable position. "Working together would be a certain benefit, our intention was too deploy forces via Hercules to Moscow and move to the hotel on the ground. Extract the packages and return to the aircraft. That's the gist of the plan.

It's a rather... sensitive subject. We naturally want to avoid escalating it but we're unable to sit idle without any information of what is happening to our foreign advisors."

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"On another subject, how does the United Kingdom view the US and South Korea? The Spanish Republic considers them very close friends, and trustworthy nations, which we why we decided to conduct a Naval Exercise to view how can our navies cooperate with eachother."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Very positively." was the initial response, before elaborating "The United Kingdom and United States have always had a positive relationship, naturally, we've had disagreements along the way but in general, working with the US has been very beneficial and we certainly look forward to working closer together in the future. Although communication is scarce with South Korea, their values speak for themselves. We very much look forward to the joint naval exercise and it most definitely serves as something to evaluate and discuss methods to work together more often. If all parties are in agreement. Might I ask your current relationship with both the United States and South Korea?"

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"That is great to hear actually!" He would pause.

"Spain and the United States have been developing a great relationship based on mutual respect and cooperation in all fronts, currently they are also our main supplier of military equipment, especially for the Spanish Armada. We are even moving forward to create a bilateral defence pact in the coming days to further cement our united ideals across the Atlantic. In the case for South Korea, we also have a long standing relationship with them, we have worked in the past regarding the Russian Crisis and the Romanian Crisis, and we are moving forwards by cooperating on military and economic matters. The exercise that is being conduct, as a purpose, to see if our Armed Forces can cooperate together, and how well they do it, to see if can four nations with different cultures and languages can do greater things. Perhaps it will be the start of something greater." He would pause.

"You see, AEGIS was Zeus's shield that he gave to Athena for protection, I do believe that, in the current world climate, our four nations could be each others shield, defending against the problems of the future, where one would need aid, the other three would answer. That brings me hope for the future."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Surprised by the revelation, there was a few moments of silence allowing the representative to adjust. Perhaps not his place to comment further on the UK interests, it didn't prevent him forming an opinion. "The collapse of major organisations such as NATO certainly raised a great level of instability, not just in the North Atlantic but we saw concerns across the world. With Britain holding oversea territory, we're unable to limit outside to just Europe. Relations with the US and Spain are on going and we are very open to engaging in relationship talks with South Korea. Especially if, as you mentioned, ideas of a defence pact, is on the horizon. It would bode well for security of our countries and see some real progression. I suspect we will wait to see the outcome of this exercise first? Or do you intend to push forward to discussing a defence pact with the countries involved regardless? I am sure the Government would be keen to be part of some talks, perhaps a summit, to discuss further. With all nations you intend to be involved, present."

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Yes, we preferably would like to see the outcome of this exercise as the Spanish Republic would like to analyze our capability to work together in a war-time scenario, for the most part it is looking good for each nation, especially with the challenges that the exercise will provide.

After the exercise, we will be analyzing the inter-interoperability of each member and how our navies worked together, of all the branches its the most logistical nightmarish for nation to sort, if we can work together well in that area, I'm mostly certain that the Air Forces and Ground Forces will have no issue. After this, we will create a summit in Valencia, to discuss this idea, and present our charter or treaty to each representative look over and decide what needs to be changed and what doesn't, we believe that simpler is best, and that the treaty may be worked on the following years with amends."

Jamie

• Love
Reactions: Jay

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"I couldn't agree more." smiled Jason, optimistic about the opportunity to see development between countries in relation to military integration "We will, of course, be interested in the summit in Valencia to discuss this further but I think the discussions here and the exercise shows great promise for future cooperation in defence. Something we look forward to participating in. I am to also understand, and this is to give you the heads up. Although out of my remit, there are plans to try to host a summit with your government in relation to Gibraltar to future proof the territorial dispute that our countries share. Although your government seems to be supportive of peace, I am keen to hear your stance on Gibraltar and whether you would be open to a summit to discuss its future."

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We are happy to hear that Britain feels optimistic about this possible alliance, we honestly believe that nations such as ours should stand together and be each others shields."

"Regarding Gibraltar we would be happy to engage in a summit to discuss it, a territorial dispute between our nations should be resolved in the most peaceful and legal way possible, especially in such a crucial zone as the strait, perhaps we can reach an arrangement to solve this issue and, as you said, future proof it."

"I'd like to ask you about your standing with Argentina and the Falklands, how is your relationship with them at the moment?"

Jamie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89