STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Statement from the Russian Ministry of Defense

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
ivanov3.jpg

First Deputy Minister of Defense, Sergei Ivanov, Giving the Statement

Broadcasted across the world, First Deputy Minister Ivanov would be shown on a small stage, standing before a hoard of the press from all backgrounds.

"Thank you all for being present." He would begin in Russian. Translation to other languages would be left to the broadcasting companies of other nations. "I will try to keep this statement brief as I imagine you all have many questions." The man would mess around with the papers on the table in front of him. "As of today, February 1st 2000, the Imperial Russian Naval Forces have conducted and completed an operation in the southern Black Sea. Specifically near the opening of the Bosphorus Strait. There, following continuous aggression and hostility towards the international world from the nation of Turkey and the declaration of war by now three nations, Russia has take it upon itself to mine off the strait from not only Turkish entry and exit but all foreign nations. This has been done to secure Russian stability and to keep the war far from the Black Sea. We advise all nations to signal for their civilian vessels to avoid the strait at all costs. If civilian ships are currently present within the Black Sea we ask that the nations of these civilians contact the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs where porting rights may be issued to said ships until the war is over." Ivanov would look at one of the cameras, assuring that his statement went across. "Again, the Bosphorus Strait is now a minefield. Recall all civilian vessels."

With that said the man would flip his papers and check his watch. "I am available to answer questions for a few minutes. Are there any?"

Kelly the Mad

Congolese Empire
Oct 28, 2020
An African reporter would stand up.

"Is the Russian Empire going to get involved in the conflict? Can we expect to see a coordinated war?"

Alex

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Similarly a reporter for SVT would stand, following response to the African reporter, and ask their own question.

"Does the actions of Russia during this conflict reflect a vision by your government to work more closely and align itself with the west?"

Alex

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
A reporter for the New York Times would stand up and, when appropriate for her to do so, would ask:

"First Deputy Minister, is the Russian Empire cooperating with the United States and other Western countries in the war against Turkey?"

Alex

Sep 28, 2021
Among all the chatter a reporter from the China Daily, would also make herself known, stood up and loudly ask,

"Does the Russian people want this war?, or perhaps due to the whims of the nations oligarch minority to gain favor with her former rivals, which she now considers her current allies."

Alex

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
A journalist from the Bangkok Post would stand up and walk into the front center of the crowd. He would loudly shout and ask the question directly to the Russian Minister.

"What does Russia feel about Turkey's detention and massacre of Jews in that prison? Do you think Hitler Nazism is relevant to this clause?"

Alex

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
A journalist from the National Mexican Media would stand up and ask from the rear of the room.

"How does Russia plan to remove the mines and when can we see civilian shipping resume?"

Alex

Axis12

People’s Republic of China
Feb 11, 2021
A journalist from the Daily Hüriyet State Foreign Agency would yell to the Russian over all the commotion.

”Is Really Russia ready for war? Why does Russia interfere with Turkish Internal affairs when it has yet to accept it’s own genocides from the Soviet Era and immediately following the collapse of the Soviet Union? Is Russia ready for the chance that a civilian vessel may strike a mine on accident? The Turkish government has yet to confirm if the mines even exist so is this all a bluff?”

Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
The Deputy Minister would answer the questions in order.

"Russia has no interest in getting involved in a war with the state of Turkey. Deterrent is the nature of the minefield." Kelly the Mad

"I believe myself and the government that I work with have shown in the last two years that we are very much open to working with the West. While Westernphobia certainly remains throughout the nation, the recent civil war has shown that our previous way of life cannot be continued." Connor

"We are in open communication with nations currently at war with Turkey. Nothing more." Odinson

"As stated, Russia has no interest in declaring war. I'm unsure what you mean by 'minority oligarch', however. The majority of Soviet-era elites have been removed from government by Her Imperial Majesty and their replacements have been elected into office by the Russian people in the 1999 election. Perhaps China should try it sometime." DHouseAlwyswyns

"Turkey's treatment of its Jewish and minority populations is nothing short of genocidal. The Global Assembly should step in immediately." Bossza007

"Russia has frogmen specifically trained in mine warfare. Once the conflict in Turkey is over, we will task these frogmen to deactivate the mines and remove them from the area." Drivindeath

"Again, Russia is not interested in declaring war. Nor are we interfering in Turkey's internal affairs. The entire point of this statement is to have civilian vessels avoid the area. We warned the world of the minefield, if Turkey sends civilian vessels through it anyways because they believe it to be a 'bluff' then the fault of civilian casualties are no-one's but Turkey's." Axis12