STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Sweden]: Call to Brazil

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Security Classification: SECURE
Document Classification and Security Act 1995​

A telephone call is made to the Brazilian Prime Minister, João Cardoso Filho, by the Under Secretary of Antarctic Affairs for International Affairs, Marion Matsson .
This telephone call is made in line with the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995, which also covers telephonic communication, causing a 'SECURE' encryption level to be appended.

@JakeDorent

Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

JakeDorent

The Empire of the Americas
Nov 14, 2019
João had just arrived back in his office when he was notified of the imminent call, after making sure it was properly encrypted, he'd answer, sitting back on his chair.

"
Hello Mr Secretary, This is Mr João Cardoso Filho, Prime Minister of Brazil, how can I help you?"

@Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Mr Prime Minister, it is a pleasure to speak to you, I won't bat around the bush... my telephone call is regarding the growing tension in Antarctica and I'd like to address any concerns you have regarding instability or militarisation of the region. Ultimately I'd like to ensure that the Nordic Council retains unconditional support by the Lusophonic Organization of Free States in this matter."

@JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
"I understand...I again would like to reiterate, I and Brazil wish to maintain Good Diplomatic relations with the Nordic Council and the Kingdom of Sweden, I don't wish to see a conflict breaking out in the region over the Continent, firstly I'd like to ask, What is the basis of the Swedish Claim of the Atlantic? and has it been approved or looked over by the Global Assembly?"

@Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Absolutely, we have always been passionate in the continued cooperation with Brazil and your allies and partners. Antarctica was unclaimed, uninhabited and untouched by the global community and we sought the necessity to not only protect the region but also to invest heavily to ensure the prosperity of the region - we deployed the Swedish Royal Navy to ensure we could adequately protect the region and enforce territorial borders and boundaries which ultimately ensure security from criminal activity. We saw no necessity for the Global Assembly to oversee our occupation and we have acted entirely lawfully throughout, without conflict and avoiding confrontation."

JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
"I see. I respectfully disagree, however.

Matters such as the annexation of an entire continent should be brought to the attention of, and overseen by the Global Assembly, although the GA has proven to be extremely slow in dealing with situations that could threaten peace.

I'd like to ask if Sweden shall participate in the coming summit regarding the continent's annexation, as Brazil has confirmed its participation.

We seek to reach a peaceful resolution regarding this crisis, a bloodless resolution is much better than a bloody one, wouldn't you agree?
"

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Sweden has been publicly in control of Antarctica for over a year and has never received any form of challenge to this claim... I would agree with you if the continent were inhabited, but it is not, we lawfully took governance of an uninhabited territory in order to ensure economic growth, scientific research and local government. We have attempted peaceful resolution from start to finish, there is only one thing on the mind of our challengers and that's jealous, the desire to claim land for themselves, perhaps with less than appropriate ideologies. We are attending the Global Assembly Antarctic Summit, but to protest the unlawful attacks and violation of international law.

I encourage you to review the Charters of the Global Assembly, which we all signed, and indicate which of these Sweden has violated in the annexation of Antarctica?"

JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
"Whether or not its inhabited or uninhabited doesn't matter. This isn't the fifteen hundreds, you can't just go pop a flag down cause you see no one there.

You question the motives and Ideologies behind your "challengers", yet I question if your own motives for Annexation really are as good as you say. If what you've done is completely legal and within the boundaries of international law, why such a defensive stance?

May I remind you that you haven't made a claim of a region, you have claimed the ENTIRE continent. and have done so through a treaty that hasn't been recognized or ratified by the Global Assembly, other nations have more than the right to be suspicious of Sweden's intentions.
"

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"You have a misconstrued opinion of international law. You're correct it isn't the fifteen hundreds but the continent was neglected, nobody globally had dispatched any form of scientific research into the area and given our interest we grew concerned that the region would be tarnished by less respectful nations. Let me remind you that we have already been in discussions with Great Britain, Spain, Norway and Australia regarding their research in the region and thusfar we have only received a negative response from Australia whom are determined to damage our name. Sweden is the richest nation on the globe and has a long history of supporting less economically developed countries and even those in need by means of investment, bailouts and intercontinental cooperation. Antarctica is no different, we just want to ensure the region is not damaged and that the development that takes place is done so economically and respectfully primarily by the Swedish Polar Research Secretariat.

The Global Assembly is a legislature body and does not hold the power to revoke sovereignty over territory - at no point have we said the international community cannot conduct research, infact the complete opposite. What we will not tolerate is over violation of international law by penetrating our borders without documentation or lawful excuse.

May I remind you, sir, no bilateral treaty globally is recognised or ratified by the Global Assembly; that is not the role of the assembly. It does however have a number of charters and agreements discussed internationally which define international law, which we have followed to the letter.

I am curious, how can you justify the actions of Argentina and Australia yet state Sweden is out of order when everything we have done is diplomatic?"

JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
"So now you're saying that the reason why Sweden has claimed an entire continent was because of "Less Respectful Nations", It feels like this has become a matter of Imperialism and economic gain rather than peace and scientific research.

It's not your rightful territory unless it's recognized by the majority of the international party. Sending scientists to collect snow on an ice shelf is far different than claiming a continent through military means and claiming it to be for peaceful purposes. But I am quite done with this conversation, we will see how this plays out at the Summit. Have a good day Mr Secretary.
"

With that, João would hang up, ending the call.

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
The Swedish is shocked by the immaturity displayed by the Brazilian representative, manipulating the words of a foreign cabinet member and ending the call would be quite absurd. None-the-less, this would be recorded and used as part of the Swedish case to the Global Assembly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadebecoolwoof