STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Sweden]: Call to China

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

As a matter of urgency a telephone call is made from the Assistant Secretary of Foreign Affairs for Asian Affairs, Melinda Nilsson, calling directly to the Chinese equivalent office for Foreign Affairs.

This telephone call is made in line with the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995, which also covers telephonic communication, causing a 'TOP SECRET' encryption level to be appended. As standard procedure the call would not be actively monitored by a third party however is recorded by the National Security Office and stored securely. This call is being made from the Assistant Secretary's private office behind closed doors to ensure the call cannot be overhead.

DHouseAlwyswyns

TOP SECRET
Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Sep 28, 2021
As the call is heard from the foreign affairs office, the call is automatically transferred to the Chinese Premiers office as a result of the foreign ministers absence, in which he is currently abroad and cannot personally take the call.

the call then is then heard by the Chinese Premier sitting on his chair and then quickly picked up the phone that is used for Encrypted calls.

Knowing it was a diplomatic call he then answered in English: “Chinese Premier, Wen Duyi speaking.”

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Premier, it's a pleasure to speak to you. it's been some time since Swedish-Chinese affairs have had they attention they rightfully deserve. I understand the previous talks between our nations hosted some excellent progress in the way of cooperation and given the drastic escalation in tension globally I am keen to discuss a number of important matters with you. Matters that effect national security. Matters that effect our relationship.

I suppose I should start by asking, are you well? How are affairs at home, in China?"

DHouseAlwyswyns

Sep 28, 2021
As the Swedish representative greets the Chinese Premier he then replied:

“Well, it has been a while and to be honest we are thrilled to hear from Sweden, especially now where global tensions are rising. So far affairs at home have been quite stable, In our backyard, the story is very different, Australia has been flexing a lot and threatening Chinese interests, there is a chance they have the intentions of undermining our plans of expanding influence near the Chinese mainland, and we wish not to risk being naïve. It started when they have been opening their mouths against Turkey, another potential ally of China, which resulted in a war of words between our two countries, which also unfortunately alarmed some of their allies. We have seen anonymous reports and even raw videos from fishermen near Thailand posted on social media that shows Australian vessels prowling in the area, we conclude they must be evacuating citizens out of Thailand but we worry their ships might come back and possibly interfere with what is happening in Thailand, which we all know that there is a war happening with them and the Congo, which we also consider a potential ally. Also we have never imagined we see Australian military ships operating this close to our homeland. My government is unsure whether we should deploy some ships near the mainland and perhaps near Thailand as well, but we would like to not escalate the situation even more unless we really have to, ultimately it is bad for business and China’s economy.”

Connor

Last edited:

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"As we expressed previously, in years gone by Sweden and China have had an extremely strong relationship, something which we fully intend to regenerate in order to facilitate better interoperability in a variety of sectors. A strengthened bilateral relationship is very much at the top of the deck of cards within the bureau. Australia appears to have elected this new government with some disillusioned sense of entitlement which they're not attempting to project globally - I an concerned to hear of their expanding plans through Chinese interests especially when I cannot foresee any reason why they'd need any involvement in matters of no concern to them so early in their governments tenure. Whilst I am certainly not advoking aggression in the region I do think it's pertinent to your national security that Australia is not allowed to trample all over your nation as if you're under their thumb. China is and always has been far superior to Australia in the sphere of influence, something I suspect you and your citizens would like to be continued?

We too have had a wealth of issues with Australia which we have made abundantly clear we will not tolerate however following the tragic Stockholm terror attack and the subsequent attack in Cape Town, we have been biting our tongue in respect for the loss to Australia.

You have mentions much about your potential allegiances to Turkey and Congo - if I may, what draws you to such arrangements? Naturally we have our own... less than friendly relationship with both states but I am curious to see how they benefit China?"

DHouseAlwyswyns

Sep 28, 2021
"I definitely agree with all your points there, the provocation has to stop, Australia acts with confidence due to their old alliances with the United States, The United Kingdom, Canada and Israel, they might have other alliances with other countries but we still are not certain of any of that, but what we are certain of is Australia trying to project power so close to the Chinese Mainland, and yes you are right Ambassador we are slowly but cautiously influencing our neighbors but with this unfortunate situation our plans are being interfered with as the gazes of Australia's allies have turned towards my backyard."

"Turkey and the Congo and the rest of China's potential allies are becoming highly aggressive throughout the world, our support to them painted my country as "evil" by the western powers, excluding you of course, my government is currently in talks with those countries to form an new alliance, similar to the GA but entirely different, such as less bureaucracy, military alliances, trade deals and many other, we are still undecided whether to join them and risk unwanted global attention or to hop out of the bandwagon. To be honest my government is in need of an alliance with another nation, preferably a regional power or a global power, to further secure Chinese Interest and ambitions regionally and globally. As you can see The Empire of Congo is attacking Thailand and Thailand request support from us, we are likely to sell arms to Thailand even though they are probably in the sphere of influence of our western rivals, this is due to the fact China is just merely doing good business with friendly nations to acquire profit, not to mention, a huge opportunity to forge a closer relationship with Thailand, and possibly bring them into our sphere of influence, since Thailand is becoming quite desperate to acquire as many weapons as possible. Lastly, well, all we can say is everything is quite complicated at the moment, and hopefully you bring good news for my government. "

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Australia and the United States are very pally. We have a wealth of concerns surrounding the United States and it goes without saying that their interests do not lie with a bilateral relationship between the two of them but much rather a wider scope of access to the Pacific and Southern Oceans. We are slowly reaching the end of our tether with Australia, unfortunately. Small man syndrome.

We have an extensive number of issues with Turkey and Congo from international law violations, murder and terrorism. I have to say Premier that Turkey's numerous attempts to overthrow the significantly successful Global Assembly has caused great concerns in Stockholm. The Global Assembly has seen the end to a number of conflicts, wars even, and resolved some of the most sensitive of subjects through democracy - I fear that this is less about Turkey's unwillingness to continue with the Global Assembly and more interest in the refocus of attention onto themselves, to have some control. I would stress that announcing to the globe that you side with terrorists and war criminals would decimate your reputation to a state where it would be almost unrecoverable.

Chinese interests, to my knowledge, appear to align closely with that of our own: a commitment and focus to the people we're accountable to. If I could even beg the question of why you would see yourselves allying with a unpredictable time bomb, Turkey, and the arrogant supporting wire of the Congo rather than considering the wider word then... well I've at least made some form of lasting impact. As was made clear the last time liaison was made between Sweden and China which, if I recall correctly was when your government had first come into office, we fully intend to continue cooperation between the two of us which I can see being a globally significant arrangement... but this simply cannot take place if your foreign policy is so reliant on an inferno of hatred."

DHouseAlwyswyns

Sep 28, 2021
"Well, our support of Turkey is because we still see them as a legitimate foreign nation, with western powers ganging up on them, and not because of the Jewish situation there, our objective was to enter military trade deals with Turkey to access military and civilian hardware not available in China, despite what is currently happening in Turkey or anywhere else, our actions will and always will be for the benefit of China and China alone, surely this might sound selfish, but for years our country has always been in scopes of our rivals and we just had to live with it knowing our success is a threat to others and especially when your country is a communist country, which we are proud of by the way, our image whether positive or negative will always be looked down upon one way or another."

"Regarding Turkeys allies our foreign minister is currently in Turkey to test the waters of this so called quote and quote new GA, we have been trying to explain to them that a de-escalation can benefit all parties economically, but we are quite skeptical right now due to their very aggressive movements throughout the world, especially in Thailand, which we have an interest in and prefer to land them towards us rather than with Congo. a proper government in Thailand will be better for China than risking Foreign powers to focus on our region. Due to the actions of Congo, my government will be greatly disturbed if foreign military activities start to center here in the Asia-Pacific region. that is why we are planning to distance ourselves from them while also trying to gain potential business deals with those nations."

Connor

Last edited:

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Whilst there is no dispute that Turkey reserves a right to be on the map - their governments ideology is gradually causing more and more concern in Europe... not only concern but also threat. Their violent outbursts, violations of international law and human rights as well as their blatant attempts to overturn international organisations in place for peace and prosperity. They're a loose cannon to put it politely. A loose cannon that'll soon end up breathing down a barrel of its own if it continues on it's current war path.

What exactly is China seeking from foreign nations in terms of military and civilian hardware? I understand that China has its own extremely prosperous defence industry and no doubt civilian productions are on a similar trajectory; are your procurement plans down to a specific threat you're facing or simply to cooperate arms sales internationally?"

DHouseAlwyswyns

Sep 28, 2021
“Well to us it is just a matter of gaining profit and business deals, we understand that the world is currently condeming Turkey but our official stance has changed at least for now and currently we are trying to distance ourselves from the crisis, tensions are high and militaries are mobilizing around the world we might consider cooperating with our rivals as long as they are true to their word. We also are open to sell arms to any nation. To answer your question we are just pursuing international arms trade around the world. We acted harshly before because we were interested in turkish military vehicles, like patrol vehicles which our arms industry does not produce but with current situations becoming even more complicated, we also ask ourselves if those potential investments are worth the risk, long term.

Connor

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II