STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Sweden]: Call to Ukraine

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Security Classification: TOP SECRET
Document Classification and Security Act 1995​

A telephone call is made to the Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs from Lucia Björklund, Assistant Secretary of Foreign Affairs for European Affairs.
This telephone call is made in line with the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995, which also covers telephonic communication, causing a 'TOP SECRET' encryption level to be appended.

GingeOrCringe

Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
A personal secretary would answer and, after confirming Lucia Björklund's identity, she would inform the Secretary of Ukrainian Affairs in Western Europe that there was a call on encrypted line two. He would switch on a tape recorder. Due to ministry workers'... less than satisfactory history of maintaining civil conversations, it was now internal policy to record interactions with representatives of countries considered to be world powers. He would then take the call on speaker phone in his private office.

"Roman Shpek, Secretary of Ukrainian Affairs in Western Europe, with whom am I speaking?"

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Secretary, it's Lucia Björklund, Assistant Secretary of Foreign Affairs for European Affairs from Sweden, are you well? I am calling in regards to recent events and believe that Ukraine is a key figure in our foreign policy that has been missing from our agenda for some time, it's time we repair that, don't you agree?"

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
"Oh, we're flattered that a country as powerful as Sweden would consider our humble homeland to be of international significance. Despite obtaining de facto self sovereignty, some have continued to snub our legitimacy as an independent state. Engaging in our own international relations helps us rebuke this. We are eager to obtain more friends, so please, how can Ukraine be of help?"

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
The Assistant Secretary smiles, grinning as she replies in conversation “Even the most powerful of leaders suffer their own fights along the way... I think Sweden has had her fair share of those over the last year. I am curious Secretary, how is the power balance at home? Are you receiving any trouble from your neighbours or even domestically? From the outside you appear to have a well balanced and strengthened democracy with the support of your people?”

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
"Unfortunately that seems to be all existence is for Ukraine--one long struggle. Our internal politics have stabilized since the rise and plummet of the Symonenko regime in '95. We are thankful for that. Communism and totalitarianism are not the will of the Ukrainian people and they never were. Those systems were forced upon us..." He trailed off for a moment. "Not all world powers are as interested in the opinions of their developing neighbors as Sweden seems to be. After years of subjugation, Ukraine finally has a voice and we appreciate you listening."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Ukraine is no different to each and every other nation on the globe and we certainly interested in developing the relationship between Ukraine and Sweden further as we appear to have neglected you, and for that I am sorry. We have seen great strength coming from the Ukrainian government even rivalling that of world powers such as Russia. The Soviet Union has undoubtedly left a stain in your relationship with Russia, I expect? May I ask how your bilateral relations are?"

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
private/encrypted

There was a pause, then a burst of short, uncomfortable laughter--as if the Swedish representative had just recounted an incredibly unpleasant story during a wedding toast. "The USSR is nearly a decade behind us. Of course we cannot forget about the Holodomor, the burning of Ukrainian books, the-" He cleared his throat. "Well, it's quite a list, yes. But as an independent state we have been promised better, more equal treatment."

"My position mainly focuses on Western Europe. I can tell you more about that. We have a steadily growing friendship with Germany, we are working with Spain on a green energy resolution, and just this month we closed a trade deal with the Republic of Ireland. It is by working together that we can achieve a greater good. That's why we're trying to get more involved in the Global Assembly. I hope Ukraine and Sweden can work together as well!"

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Encrypted

"I see, Germany has recently joined the Nordic Council as an observer state and we too are developing an extremely close relationship with them. I am alarmed to be informed that there is a fair amount of tension on your borders at the moment involving Romania? The details passed to my bureau have been scarce so far whilst the Department of Defence analyses what is the media's usual manipulation, propaganda and genuine intelligence - has this situation effected you much, if at all? I fear that many European nations are in the early stages of their development and should this spill out further than it's current borderlines we could see a situation nobody wants to sit in."

"I am not aware of your defence expenditure or your development in that sector... I guess what I'm asking is... are you safe?"

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
private/encrypted

“With Moldova between us and the Romanians it’s really them we’re worried for. The Proclamation of the Romanian People sounded all too similar to statements made during the Ukrainian genocide. Still, Moldova is strong and more organized than we were. I don’t know that they’ll require our assistance, but we shall make the offer.”

“We deeply appreciate all the international support for Ukraine—from other countries as well as Sweden. Polish infantry is always ready to fight beside us, Russia has requested we allow ballistic missiles from Kalingard into Reni, and I believe Spain will soon issue their own response. However, we won’t be accepting these offers just yet. The last time we opened our door to foreign military assistance the Nazis and the Red Army insisted on permanent residency...”

“Ukraine is safe for now. What about Sweden? You may have read RusAr’s public statement, they were counterfeiting Ukrainian products. Should the situation in Antarctica continue to escalate, I would like it known that Ukraine absolutely has not been outfitting them through arms sales.”

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Encrypted

"Interesting, well may your involvement be required please accept my prayers for your armed forces and the commitment involved. Should there be anything Sweden can offer you to ensure the national security of you or your neighbours, please do not hesitate to ask -we do not condone unlawful violence of any kind. I am fearful that we should expect the disputes between Romania and Moldova to result in the loss of life which would further taint the globe with bloodied hands. The last thing we need." a brief pause happens to allow the sip of water before continuing.

"If there is anything Sweden can provide to ensure yours or your neighbours national security, please do not hesitate to ask and I will see what we can do for you. However, from what it sounds, you have ample support from two very capable nations right on your doorstep, which I am glad to hear about! The positioning of ballistic missiles in Reni is an interesting proposition, I presume these have the capability to reach the entirety of Romania and Moldova? - I can assure you, Ukraine will not find themselves swamped by a foreign nation again, you have our support on that one - your government is one of capability and advancement, something the region has been in dire need of."

"Sweden is safe. There is no doubt about that. We have had brief discussions with foreign actors in regards to RusAr and our National Security Office continues to monitor the situation for the integrity of our own national security, it would appear that this is simply another conglomerate attempting to make a staple for themselves in the global defence sales market which, as you know, is the most difficult market to make a profit in when the likes of Nexus and Sparrow dominate the market with hundreds of billions in their pockets. For RusAr to make it, we expect foul play, but they need to be able to manage the backlash of their foul play which could make or break their business."

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
encrypted

"I'm not quite sure, they're Iskanders I think. I don't remember the exact model or range. I read the briefings, but there's a reason I serve my country at a desk in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and not behind a gun." He shifted in his chair. "And yes, you're right. We do have a bear on our doorstep. Thankfully they seem to enjoy Ukrainian bread, so we throw them a loaf every now and then and that seems to satisfy," he laughed awkwardly.

"We're happy to hear Sweden is confident in its own defense capabilities. I would like you to know that Argentina has illegally purchased eight Berezina replenishment ships and eight An-124 Ruslan cargo planes from RusAr for their own military. Beyond that we are still investigating. Again, I'm a diplomat, not a general. I'm not sure this information will assist you much, but Sweden has displayed decency in the GA and on this present call. No country should ever be forced to cede its territory and Ukraine does not like bullies."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Encrypted

"Interesting, how many are they moving to Ukraine? Hopefully the Ukrainian bread is enough to control the deployment of ballistic missiles. I fear the legal consequences if they were to be deployment from Ukrainian territory." she would say before making note in her journal of the topic of conversation.

"I see, may I ask that you keep me informed on their purchases from Ukrainian defence industry in respect to their productions? It's of the upmost importance to our national security that we continue to collate and analyse intelligence surrounding the Republic of Argentina to accurate gauge their intentions. We appear to be right in the crosshairs of their foreign agenda. I am pleased they have finally concede and signed the Resolution on Antarctica which will see peace restored in the region that has undoubtedly become fractured in it's quest. I am saddened that we have found no option other than to give up land that is rightfully ours, but we cannot risk further loss of life over the matter."

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted

“That information wasn’t detailed in the initial communique. We declined the offer, as I said. The Russians don’t exactly like taking ‘no’ for an answer, but thankfully Balkan cat-fights aren’t their top priority right now. Otherwise you’re right, that would be a legal concern.”

“There has been no attempt by RusAr or Argentina to purchase our products legally, nor has there been any attempt to obtain a domestic production license legally—but yes, if there is in the future we shall inform you. I don’t believe our troubles with them are over just yet, unfortunately...”

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Encrypted

"Well I have to be honest, there is an extensive interest in the developments of Russia given their appearance of a puppet state for the...- less-than-reasonable and rather rash Argentine government. If there is anything of relevance to Swedish national security or any region we can be of assistance in respect to the integrity of Ukrainian national security then please do not hesitate to contact us regarding us. How do you see the relationship between you, Russia and Argentina? Do you consider yourself on good terms?"

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted

"We love our Russian brothers very much, Madam Secretary. We argue and they have caused harm to us in the past, but there is no wedge which can truly divide our people." He paused.

"I apologize, there are a number of clerical aids bustling about my office right now. There are so many papers we have to submit to the Rada within the next few weeks in order to secure our slice of the federal budget and, well," He would place heavy emphasis on his next sentence, "I'm afraid this conversation is not as private as we would like it to be."

"
Is there any way we could continue this conversation in Stockholm? Just between you and me, Ambassador Zoya Petryk is always going on about how beautiful your ministry building is. She's a bit of an architecture fanatic, but we only just appointed her last year and I don't think she's gotten a chance to see as much of the interior as she would like."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Encrypted

"I see, I see, of course - love thy neighbour and all. It's obviously of utmost importance to us that we continue a flourishing relationship with Ukraine, please don't take my interest in your international relations as an insult as I by no mean intend to cause any offence... but yes, please, my door is always open and you are more than welcome to join me in Arvfurstens Palats in Stockholm, Sweden - I will inform reception that I am expecting you and they should bring you immediately to my office upon arrival. Is there anything you would like me to arrange logistically? Flights? Carriage when you land? Accommodation?"

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted

He chuckled light heartedly. “That’s very kind of you to offer, Madam Secretary. Unfortunately there is quite a bit of work for me to do here in Kyiv, but we would like Ambassador Petryk to meet with you as soon as your schedule allows. Today or tomorrow even—that is if you have time. Relations with Sweden are of great importance to Ukraine, I assure you.”

Shpek would begin typing up an email to Ambassador Petryk informing her of the conversation so far. He would attach the email from the First Deputy Minister as well. This message, when ready, would of course be sent in a private and encrypted manner.

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I can schedule Ambassador Petryk in to meet with me today, I will look forward to his arrival. It has been a pleasure speaking to you this afternoon and I wish you well with the rest of your day."

Lucia would end the call, providing the Ukrainian had nothing further to add, and would immediately call to the reception of Arvfurstens Palats to inform security of the incoming impromptu appointment made.

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Ambassador Nailya Petryk would have one of the embassy staff drive her to the Ministry. She was always amazed at how clean the streets were in Stockholm and all the understated elegance of the Gustavian architecture that crowned the banks of Lillas Värtan. Compared to the bland and blocky Soviet apartments of Kyiv this was a treat.

The car rolled to a stop in front of the Swedish Ministry, allowing the petite, dark-eyed Tartar woman to hop out. She'd sashay up to the door of the building and announce herself to security and the front desk.

Connor

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II