STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Sweden]: Notice under Article 7 VC

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Dear Members of the Transatlantic Security Arrangement,

I write to you in accordance with obligations set forth in Article 7 of the Vienna Convention and amendments adopted by the Global Assembly pertaining to security staff of our diplomatic missions in both Washington DC, United States of America and London, England. I understand the addressee of this notice may be slightly premature given the ratification of the arrangements are yet to be solidified however this notice comes under advisement from the National Security Council within the Executive Office of the Prime Minister of Sweden and I trust will be taken with great seriousness by your appropriate cabinet departments. In brief, this is formal notice of request to increase the security arrangements at the aforementioned sites with immediate effect.

Security arrangements for our diplomatic sites are managed by the Department of Home Affairs, National Security Office. Operation Scimitar, which governs these arrangements, includes a location classification system which has seen the increase of both the Swedish Embassy in the United States of America and the Swedish Embassy in the United Kingdom; these sites are now recognised as 'G2L-OS'. This upgrade enables the deployment of an Armed Support Taskforce. I understand there are legal restraints to this deployment however our highly trained officers will remain uniformed at all times and accountable to both Swedish and domestic law pertaining to the appropriate law enforcement use of force. Day-to-day this taskforce will remain dormant unless an established security threat is identified, in which case liaison with local law enforcement and security services would be immediate.

This decision has come following two observed terror-related incidents within Swedish territory, an unexpected compromise of the Swedish Embassy in France, War of the Middle East, the projected terror threat and potential ramifications of the publication of the Transatlantic Security Arrangement.

In return, we would be keen to authorise a similar level of security arrangement provided by your own security services. I trust your imminently response will contain the necessary authorisation to preserve the safety of the general public at home and abroad.

Regards,
Margot Wallström
Secretary of Foreign Affairs
Department of Foreign Affairs
Kingdom of Sweden

Jamie Odinson

TOP SECRET
Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Our earlier correspondence in relation to notice provided with respect to Article 7 of the Vienna Convention and amendments made by means of Global Assembly resolution has remained unanswered by your respective offices. I must stress that this is a priority of Prime Minister Löfven and his government; a matter of national security following a clear and established threat. I trust that as future allies my office will be in receipt of your considerations, queries and/or approval under the convention in accordance to a sensible risk assessment domestically.

The overt security risks internationally surrounding physical diplomacy globally continue to haemorrhage and for the most part we continue to bandage with little success. Action must be taken.

I look forward to your response.

Regards,
Margot Wallström
Kingdom of Sweden

Jamie Odinson

TOP SECRET
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

QT5ehQ7.png

1024px-U.S._Department_of_State_official_seal.svg.png

67ka0nc.png
[TR][TD]

OFFICE OF
THE DEPUTY SECRETARY OF STATE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

TO: Margot Wallström, Secretary of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Sweden ( Connor )
FROM: Charlie Price, Deputy Secretary of State of the United States of America

Secretary Wallström,

I sincerely apologize from the delayed response from my office. I can assure you that the Diplomatic Security Service, the United States Secret Service, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the District of Columbia National Guard all have preparations to protect all embassies in the event of some kind of emergency situation. We feel highly confident in our ability to protect embassies and diplomatic missions in Washington D.C. The Federal Government and Washington's police force are always willing to deploy personnel and assets to an embassy at the request of the Ambassador or host government during times of heightened security threats.

However, the State Department and the White House have no objections to an increased security presence at the Swedish Embassy (within reason) - we would insist, though, that these forces do not possess any kind of explosives or artillery. It is my understanding that the current standard number of security personnel allowed at an embassy is 22. If I am correct, what would your government like to raise this to?

Best regards,

Charlie Price
Deputy Secretary of State
[/TD][/TR][/TD][/TR]

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
Security Classification:
TOP SECRET

To: Margot Wallström Connor
Cc: andrew.evans@parliament.uk
Subject: Article 7 VC

Dear Secretary,

Apologies for the delay in our response, this is something we have been discussing your request internally due to the UK's position on fire arms.

Our conversations have led to the agreement of permitting such security to be stationed in the UK providing that:
  • All weapons are registered with the authorities. The purpose of this is that if a weapon is discharged, or located elsewhere, the origin is known.
  • Weapons will remain in the respective diplomatic missions and will not be carried of the premises unless otherwise agreed.
Providing you are happy with these regulations then we would be able to support any transition to this enhanced security presence. We would also need a count of how many personnel would be armed at each site.

Do you foresee this as a long-term arrangement, or is this a temporary measure in response to recent threats?

Kindest Regards,
Martin

Martin Whitehall | Private Secretary to the Prime Minister | 10 Downing Street, London, SW1A 2AA |

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Dear Charlie Price,

Thank you for your correspondence in relation to this matter - I can appreciate discussions of this level take time.

Firstly please allow me to take a moment to appreciate the commitments provided by the Diplomatic Security Service, the United States Secret Service, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the District of Columbia National Guard. The unwavering service of the personnel within each one of these agencies displays some of the highest levels of competency in the world; something we do not want to discredit or undermine with our own security provisions. There is no doubt that the United States of America is one of the safest nations on the globe.

However given recent events coupled with a clear and established threat particularly against Sweden, we feel a necessity to ensure that high-level diplomats in particular receive additional protections. We would like to see the maximum allowed personnel increased to 30 for the embassy in Washington D.C only. There is no intention for the additional eight personnel to be in possession of any explosives or artillery pieces and will be armed with only conventional firearms subject to local legislation, law enforcement policies and munition restrictions. Our intention is to deliver this by June.

Regards,
Margot Wallström
Kingdom of Sweden

Odinson

TOP SECRET

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Dear Martin Whitehall,

I understand that the particularly unique firearms policy within the United Kingdom may have delayed your response, something me and my office anticipated.

Without any doubt I will ensure that the National Security Office register all firearms to local authorities in accordance with domestic law and will surrender these firearms, providing adequate notice is provided, to allow for inspection and audit. I have been very clear with my memorandum to the Department of Home Affairs that the additional security personnel provided are not permitted to overtly carry firearms on-site and under no circumstances are they permitted to be visible from the exterior; this includes taking these firearms off-site.

At present we are treating this as a temporary measure in response to a clear unprecedented threat against Swedish interests - our task force will consist of eight personnel based that the Swedish Embassy in London, England only. My office will provide you with any relevant updates in respect to our security provisions in accordance with the Vienna Convention as the review progresses in the coming months.

Our deployment will come under the Operation Scimitar umbrella - further contact will be made once preparations have been completed.

Regards,
Margot Wallström
Kingdom of Sweden

Jamie

TOP SECRET

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

QT5ehQ7.png

1024px-U.S._Department_of_State_official_seal.svg.png

67ka0nc.png
[TR][TD]

OFFICE OF
THE DEPUTY SECRETARY OF STATE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

TO: Margot Wallström, Secretary of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Sweden ( Connor )
FROM: Charlie Price, Deputy Secretary of State of the United States of America

Secretary Wallström,

This is perfectly acceptable and reasonable to us. Once your office forwards us the names of the individuals, we will issue them Diplomatic Visas the same way that we did for the rest of the Swedish security force in Washington. If you have any issues or additional questions or requests, please do not hesitate to contact my or Secretary Fitzgerald's office.

Best regards,

Charlie Price
Deputy Secretary of State
[/TD][/TR][/TD][/TR]

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018

Government of Sweden
Reinfeldt Administration

You were contacted in last year by the previous administration in relation to notice being served within the obligations of Article 7 of the Vienna Convention and amendments adopted by the Global Assembly pertaining to security staff of our diplomatic missions in both Washington DC, United States of America and London, England. Please accept my apologies in relation to the delay in further communication in relation to this deployment. You should be aware that I have since taken over from Secretary Wallström as the Secretary for Foreign Affairs and now working closely with the National Security Office to move plans forward.

In the coming weeks I have requested that the National Security Office deploy the relevant Armed Support Taskforce agreed to to our diplomatic missions in your respective capitals. Domestic law prevents the use of chartered aircraft for the shipment of government-issued firearms thus have requested the support of Swedish Royal Air Force, Swedish Central Command, Malmslätt Air Force Wing, 3rd Airlift Squadron, 2nd Airlift Flight from which a single Boeing C-17 Globemaster III will be used to ferry the sixteen total personnel from Malmen, Sweden to London, England and then onwards to Washington DC, United States. This aircraft will fly by callsign 'JIVE-38'. Vehicle will be hired from a domestic private company by the Department of Defence for the lawful conveyance of firearms to the missions.

As previously stated this will be un under the National Security Office umbrella Operation Scimitar.

Should you have any urgent questions please direct them to my office at your earliest convenience as preparations are now underway.

Regards,
Carl Bildt
Kingdom of Sweden

Jamie Odinson

TOP SECRET
All information is encrypted and subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
QT5ehQ7.png
VYG082C.png
67ka0nc.png

OFFICE OF THE UNITED STATES AMBASSADOR
TO THE TRANSATLANTIC SECURITY ARRANGEMENT

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
TO: Carl Bildt, Secretary of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Sweden ( Connor )
FROM: Clay Moon, United States Ambassador to The Transatlantic Security Arrangement

Secretary Bildt,

This is perfectly acceptable. As previously stated by Deputy Secretary of State Charlie Price, once your office forwards us the names of the individuals, we will issue them Diplomatic Visas the same way that we did for the rest of the Swedish security force in Washington. Once a manifest with the names have been provided, the aircraft may plan to land at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland. From there, the Diplomatic Security Service will provide transport from the base to the Swedish Embassy in the District of Columbia.

If you have any issues or additional questions or requests, please do not hesitate to contact my office.​

Respectfully,

Clay Moon
United States Ambassador to The Transatlantic Security Arrangement

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89