STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Sweden]: Telephone Call to the Global Assembly

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
150px-SVT_2016.svg.png
Sveriges Television NYHETER
Sweden Television NEWS

www.svt.se

A telephone call is conducted from the News Room inside Sveriges Television, naturally as a private organisation there is no encryption level on the call.
The international call is made to the Switchboard of the Global Assembly by journalist Sven Junkla.

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The call would be received by a secretary working as part of the Press Office of the Secretariat. The call would be on the standard encrypted and secure line. The secretary proceeded to answer the call, "Press Office of the Secretariat, Larisa Horn speaking."

@Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Sven leans back in his chair having successfully got through to the Global Assembly.

"Larissa, hello there, I'm calling from Swedish Television News and would like to speak to the Secretary General regarding a story were covering at the moment... is this possible?"

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Larissa jotted down some notes about the caller as she answered his query, "the Secretary General is currently unavailable for an interview. I could however forward this call to the Press Secretary, who may be able to help you further. Could I please take your name?"

@Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"This story is likely to look very good for the Global Assembly, it's such a shame that the Secretary General isnt available... the Press Secretary would be a marvellous alternative.

My name is Sven Junkla from SVT"

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
There would be an audible click as the line was transferred to the office of Press Secretary Brennan Atwood. Before answering Larissa handed him the notes containing the details of the caller.

Brennan Atwood answered his secure line, "Mr Junkla, this is Press Secretary Atwood speaking. I've been informed you wished to speak with the Acting Secretary General. I regret to inform you he is currently preoccupied with the selection process for the next Secretary General of the Global Assembly and therefore unavailable for any type of interview. I would be happy to answer any questions you have, otherwise I wish to offer the suggestion of contacting this office at a later date in order to schedule an interview with the next Secretary General once he or she has been appointed."

@Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Sven would take a sip of water before leaning into the desk, focusing all his attention on the telephone conversation. Hed begin to grip a pen and make notes throughout the telephone conversation,

"Mr Atwood, a pleasure to hear from you, I can understand that the Secretary General is busy at this time of the year... I'm currently writing a piece regarding the sudden and rather surprising appearance of Swedish international legal firm Stromberg - are you in support of privatised legal counsel potentially getting involved in international disputes within the Global Assembly or the International Court of Justice?"

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Press Secretary would open some documents on his computer to help him answer the queries presented to him. "Well, Mr Junkla. The use of private legal counsel falls within a grey are in our opinion, it is up to the discretion of the parties to decide whether or not to call upon such assistance during a legal case. The use of private legal counsel remains untested in the new court, therefore we are interested in seeing how successful their use will be before deciding a future policy on their application within the Global Assembly. I can note that Strömberg International Legal Consultants have been contracted in the early stages of development of the Global Assembly and have been used to ensure that the treaties of the Global Assembly were ready to put into force."

@Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"So you're telling me, Mr Atwood, that Strömberg have already worked alongside the Global Assembly? Can you tell me more about the relationship between the GA and this private organisation...?

How much public money has this legal firm recieved as part of this contracted work?"

Sven rapidly makes notes, eager to twist the story into a negative avenue.

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Strömberg International Legal Consultants provided legal consultancy to the United Nations Commission for Reform, the commission responsible for drafting the various treaties of the Global Assembly, such as the Charter and the Statutes. Strömberg was helpful in polishing the treaties to ensure they were up to par. For their services they received a $100,000. At this point in time the Global Assembly has no relationship with the company," the Press Secretary said in response.

@Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Does this pave the way for a future relationship with the Global Assembly? Clearly their services were necessary and effectively provided a level of assistance to the value of $100,000.00 - does the Global Assembly endorse the organisation?"

Sven flies to another page in his notepad, ensuring direct quotes and relevant information are jotted down on the pad before moving on to other topics.

"I understand Strömberg International Legal Consultants are yet to have any reputable high-level clients but is this business model something you can see succeeding on an international playing field... more importantly do you think this model is likely to be replicated by copycat entrepreneurs worldwide?"

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"The Global Assembly is always interested in cooperation with nations, businesses, charities and individuals. However, I cannot comment on the future of cooperation between the Global Assembly and Strömberg, as that is up to the following Secretary General and his administration to decide. Though, I can divulge that their services were of satisfactory quality."

"I am not well versed in the field of economics, I would leave the statements on the success of their business model up to the experts. However, as it is an emerging market and the world has plenty of talented lawyers, it wouldn't be out of the questions that some may seek to follow the footsteps of Strömberg. Though, this will most likely depend on their success, as the have become the pioneers in the field of legal consultancy."

@Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"But you're saying presently, at least whilst the Acting Secretary General holds said office, the Global Assembly welcomes private firms such as Strömberg in lieu of centralised, accountable, audited and recognised lawyers and legal counsel that sit in appointed roles throughout governments worldwide? - Does this not set a precedent for a Global Assembly filled with dodgy-deals and uncontrollable legal disputes? How do you intend to tame this potential beast?"

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"The United Nations contracted Strömberg for legal consultations during the development period in which the treaties of the Global Assembly were drafted. I would like to make it clear that it was UN lawyers who were responsible for drafting the treaties, Strömberg's services were contracted to offer advice and ensuring that the treaties covered all areas required and ensuring that all loopholes were removed. In terms of precedent it allows the Global Assembly to cooperate with entities on a global scale, encouraging international cooperation and entrepreneurship."

"May I ask what your stance on Strömberg, Mr Junkla?"

@Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"But sir you havent answered my question - how to you, as in the Global Assembly, intend to control a private organisation pumping tax payers money AWAY from the public domain and into the pocket of millionaires in Sweden? From what you're saying it sounds to me like you dont have a place? It sounds like this organisation has taken you by surprise and suddenly treaties, policies and agreements dont govern the powers and responsibilities of this branch of business...

Mr Atwood, what's important is that I get the voice of the Gloabl Assembly into the media and effectively disseminate the message you're portraying."

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Mr, Junkla, I am only able to inform you of the facts, which is that no tax payer money was spent on the contract given to Strömberg. In regards to future contracts, the Global Assembly Public Contract Office is a open forum, offering any and all parties the chance to bid for contracts. The Global Assembly is not looking at becoming enclosed entity but an organisation seeking to invest in the future."

"The financials of the Organisation will be available to the public through the form of an annual audit, allowing interested agencies, organisations or individuals to analyse the revenues and expenses in the Organisation."

@Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Mr Atwood, thank you for your comments, is there anything else you'd like to add?"

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"No it has been a pleasure speaking to you Mr Junkla. I wish to thank you for reaching out to the Global Assembly, and I hope this can be the beginning of a fruitful relationship. If you have any further questions on this topic or any other, please feel free to contact this office."

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"No, no, no - the pleasure is mine. I wish you all the very best in your endeavours with the Global Assembly... and the private organisations you call upon to mask internal corruption, money scandals and laundering; reaffirming your grip of societies freedoms and manipulating them to suit your own cause."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren