STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Thailand to Germany | Relationship

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

Foreign-Affairs-photo.png

To: <Joschka Fischer, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Germany> Motziche
Subject: Strengthening Thai-German Relations and Collaboration Opportunities
Security Type: Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service - The decryption method is sent separately via fax

Dear Minister Fischer,

I hope this message finds you well. As the Foreign Minister of Thailand, I am writing to express our commitment to strengthening relations between our two nations and exploring opportunities for mutual benefit and collaboration.

Thailand, as a leader in Southeast Asia, has invested heavily in numerous national projects, totaling approximately $36 billion, aimed at enhancing our infrastructure, public health, education, transportation, and technology sectors. We are proud of our achievements in these areas and believe they showcase our dedication to sustainable development and economic growth.

In recent years, we have embarked on ambitious projects such as the Mass Rapid Transit Master Plan in the Bangkok Metropolitan Region and the Double-Track Railway Initiative Project, which further demonstrate our commitment to enhancing our nation's transportation infrastructure. These projects not only improve connectivity within our country but also contribute to regional connectivity, benefiting our neighbors and fostering cooperation throughout Southeast Asia.

We believe that there are several opportunities for Thai-German collaboration in various sectors. For instance, given our mutual interests in sustainable energy, we could explore joint research, development, and technology-sharing initiatives in the field of renewable energy. Moreover, with Thailand's growing investment in transportation infrastructure, we believe German engineering expertise and advanced technology could play a crucial role in enhancing the efficiency and safety of our railway networks.

Additionally, Thailand is determined to improve our public health and education systems. We are open to collaboration with German institutions in the areas of medical research, healthcare delivery, and capacity building for our educational institutions. These joint efforts will undoubtedly benefit both our countries and contribute to the betterment of our societies.

Finally, in light of our shared values and commitment to global peace and security, we are keen on exploring opportunities for cooperation in areas such as law enforcement, counter-terrorism, and intelligence sharing. Together, we can work towards ensuring a safer and more secure world.
In conclusion, Thailand stands ready to work closely with Germany to strengthen our bilateral relations and explore opportunities for collaboration in various sectors. We believe that through our joint efforts, we can contribute to a more prosperous, peaceful, and sustainable future for our nations and the broader international community.

I look forward to further discussions on how we can enhance Thai-German cooperation and collaboration in the coming months.

Sincerely
Surakiart Sathirathai
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Republic of Thailand

Last edited:

Motziche

Newcomer
Mar 27, 2023

German Confederation
Ministry of Foreign Affairs

This correspondence is encrypted and highly sensitive

Dear Foreign Minister Sathirathai ,

Thank you for your message reaching out to myself and the German Government. We are eager to explore our partnerships across the world and deepen Thai-German cooperation.

As you have emphasised, Thailand's rapid development and growth is admirable and an ideal model for all economies to look to. We applaud your government in its guidance of the Thai and regional South-East Asian economy.

The subjects in which you've proposed Thai-German cooperation is indeed agreeable. Our two nations would make ideal partners in achieving in mutually shared goals. In principle, I am happy to say that I can agree to the proposal of exploring collaboration in the fields of energy, transportation, health, education and national security.
Obviously in order for our states to engage in said cooperation, however, we must formulate joint projects and initiatives that expand on the details of the methods and aspired outcomes. Thus, to start off, do you have any specific initiatives or agreements you wish to propose?

I look forward to hearing your ideas.
Yours Sincerely,

Joschka Fischer

German Confederation

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

Foreign-Affairs-photo.png

To: <Joschka Fischer, Minister of Foreign Affairs of German> Motziche
Subject: Request for Meeting Between Thai Ambassador and German Foreign Minister on Thai-German Relationship
Security Type: Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service - The decryption method is sent separately via fax

Dear Minister Fischer,

I hope this message reaches you in the best of health and spirits. As the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Thailand, I am reaching out to formally request a meeting between our distinguished Thai Ambassador to Germany, Mrs. Wipawan Benniman, and yourself. This meeting is of utmost importance, as it concerns a sensitive matter that bears significant implications for the Thai-German relationship.

Our two nations have long enjoyed a robust and mutually beneficial relationship, founded on shared values, mutual respect, and a common commitment to global peace and prosperity. It is our sincere intention to not only preserve but to further enhance and expand this positive relationship. Mrs. Wipawan Benniman has communicated her eagerness to engage in a productive dialogue with you, as she believes that addressing this particular matter holds the potential to substantially strengthen the ties between Thailand and Germany.

The delicate nature of the issue necessitates a thoughtful and diplomatic approach. We are confident that an open, constructive, and meaningful exchange between you and Mrs. Benniman will significantly contribute to resolving the matter at hand, thereby benefiting both our countries and ensuring the continued amicable relationship between our two nations.

In light of the urgency and critical importance of this matter, I kindly request that you give due consideration to scheduling a meeting with Mrs. Benniman at the earliest opportunity. We have the utmost faith in your extensive experience, diplomatic acumen, and wisdom, and we trust that your involvement in this dialogue will lead to a mutually beneficial outcome for both our countries.

In conclusion, I would like to emphasize our unwavering commitment to maintaining and strengthening our relationship with Germany. We firmly believe that through continuous dialogue, collaboration, and mutual support, we can overcome any challenges that may arise and foster a brighter future for both our nations and the international community at large.

I eagerly anticipate your response to this request and express my profound gratitude for your attention to this matter of mutual concern.

Sincerely
Surakiart Sathirathai
Republic of Thailand

Motziche

Newcomer
Mar 27, 2023

German Confederation
Ministry of Foreign Affairs

This correspondence is encrypted and highly sensitive

Dear Foreign Minister Sathirathai Bossza007 ,

Thank you for your email.

Given the emphasis on the urgency of your requested meeting, I can agree to hold a meeting with your representative in Germany, Ambassador Benniman, at their earliest convenience. Please inform Ambassador Benniman that I shall be waiting at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for their arrival.

In order to best prepare and cooperate with your Ambassador, can you please inform me briefly of the reason for the urgency and agenda you wish your Ambassador to discuss ahead of the meeting with myself.

I will be waiting for Ambassador Benniman's arrival.
Yours Sincerely,

Joschka Fischer

German Confederation

After sending the email to the Thai Foreign Minister, Minister Fischer would inform his staff and the building's security of the expected arrival of the Thai Ambassador at any moment. Provisions would be made and put on standby for the Ambassador's arrival.

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Upon receiving Minister Fischer's email, Mrs. Wipawan Benniman, the Thai Ambassador to Germany, felt the weight of responsibility resting heavily upon her shoulders. She understood the significance of the meeting and the delicate nature of the matter at hand. This crucial meeting, set to unfold in a few hours, would indelibly impact the Thai-German relationship. Determined to make the best possible impression and to prepare comprehensively, Mrs. Benniman wasted no time. She meticulously reviewed the details of the sensitive issue, conferred with her advisors, and held meetings with her staff to ensure a unified approach. Every aspect of her presentation, from the documents she would share to the exact phrasing of her arguments, was painstakingly refined to create a compelling and persuasive case.

As the hour of the meeting approached, Mrs. Benniman dressed in her most formal attire, projecting an air of dignified professionalism. Her staff, too, were impeccably dressed and equipped with the necessary materials, understanding the gravity of the situation. Finally, the moment had come to depart for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Mrs. Benniman's vehicle, adorned with the Thai flag, glided through the bustling streets of Berlin. As they passed iconic landmarks and historic buildings, the city seemed to hold its breath in anticipation of the pivotal meeting that lay ahead.

The Ambassador's heart was a mixture of anticipation and resolve as the vehicle approached its destination. She knew that her country's future relationship with Germany hinged on her ability to navigate the complexities of diplomacy and to present the Thai perspective in a way that was both respectful and persuasive. The stakes were high, and she could not afford to falter. As they turned the final corner, the impressive façade of the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs came into view. The building, a symbol of German diplomacy and international cooperation, stood proudly against the Berlin skyline, a testament to the importance of the upcoming meeting.

With a deep breath, Mrs. Benniman steeled herself for the task at hand. The weight of history, the responsibility of her position, and the hopes of both nations rested upon her shoulders as she prepared to step out of the vehicle and into the annals of Thai-German relations. As the Thai Ambassador's vehicle came to a graceful halt at the entrance of the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mrs. Wipawan Benniman took a moment to gather her thoughts and channel her resolve. The air around her crackled with anticipation and gravity as if the very atmosphere itself was aware of the high stakes and the importance of the meeting about to unfold.

Stepping out of the vehicle, Mrs. Benniman was immediately greeted by a cadre of impeccably dressed German officials, their faces etched with solemnity and respect. They recognized the magnitude of the situation and the potential impact of the impending discussions on the Thai-German relationship. With her head held high, Mrs. Benniman strode purposefully through the grand hallways of the Ministry, each step echoing the history and the diplomatic prowess of the German Confederation. As she moved deeper into the heart of the building, a palpable sense of tension and determination permeated the air. Her staff, trailing behind her, were acutely aware of the role they were playing in this momentous occasion and the weight their collective actions carried.

Upon reaching the appointed meeting room, Mrs. Benniman found herself standing before the esteemed German Foreign Minister, Joschka Fischer. The two diplomats exchanged respectful nods, their eyes locking with a mutual understanding of the responsibility they bore. The room seemed to hold its breath as they took their seats, the heavy silence punctuated only by the soft rustle of papers and the faint ticking of a clock.

Motziche

Motziche

Newcomer
Mar 27, 2023
Having pushed back his schedule to accommodate the Thai Ambassador, sat at his desk, Minister Fischer waited to hear for the announcement of the Ambassador's arrival. Having no idea of what the Ambassador wished to discuss with him, he kept on open mind in anticipation, though anxious with his inability to properly prepare for the unknown agenda.

After receiving news of the Ambassador arrival, Fischer would stand and make his way into the corridor to greet her.

"Good Afternoon Ambassador. It's a pleasure to meet you," he would say warmly as the two exchange handshakes. He opened the door of the office and stood aside. "Please, take a seat and make yourself comfortable", he said, gesturing his hand into the room.
As the two took their seats, Fischer would offer refreshments to the Ambassador, with his secretary on standby should anything else be requested.

"Now Madam Ambassador, what can I help you and your government with? Your Minister Sathirathai conveyed quite the urgency in their communique to myself."

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Drawing a long, measured breath, Mrs. Benniman paused for a moment, taking the time to appraise Minister Fischer. The soft afternoon sunlight filtered through the blinds, casting dappled shadows on the austere surroundings. The air of the room was rich with anticipation. In Fischer's eyes, she saw not just a seasoned diplomat, but a man who also understood the delicate balance of world power, a man who valued dialogue as a means to resolve differences and strengthen ties. "Minister Fischer," she began, her voice as calm and measured as the waves of the Chao Phraya river back home. "Thank you for extending the courtesy of your time to me on such short notice."

She paused, choosing her words carefully as she had rehearsed. "Thailand, as you well know, has seen a significant surge in influence, becoming the most powerful nation in Asia. This development, while being a testament to our efforts, has also meant that we are under a magnifying glass, under scrutiny from all sides." As she spoke, Fischer listened intently, his seasoned gaze never wavering. Around them, the room seemed to hum with a quiet intensity, echoing the import of her words. "It is not an easy task to bear, Minister Fischer. But we understand our responsibilities and are committed to steering the course of history with diligence and restraint. Our progress has not come without challenges. It is a delicate balance we maintain, as fragile as an atom, yet as powerful. The equilibrium of this world is at stake."

Mrs. Benniman paused, giving weight to the gravity of her words. "We wish for Germany to understand our position and to stand with us in the face of these challenges. Our nations have a shared history of resilience, innovation, and commitment to peace. We hope to extend that mutual understanding and cooperation even further, strengthening our ties in the process." Fischer seemed to absorb her words, his face impassive yet thoughtful. The Ambassador continued, "Minister Fischer, this isn't just about power or influence. It is about the future of our world, our people. It is about ensuring the continuation of diplomacy and cooperation in an increasingly divided world. The Republic of Thailand seeks your understanding and your support. It is a request, a plea from one nation to another. Will you stand with us, Minister Fischer?"

======================​

Holding Minister Fischer's gaze steadily, Mrs. Benniman took a moment to let her words sink in, the silence in the room becoming a tacit participant in the dialogue. The golden afternoon sunlight streaming through the window glanced off the ambassadorial emblem on her jacket, casting an array of shimmering reflections onto the polished mahogany desk between them. "Minister Fischer," she continued, her voice carrying the weight of her profound conviction. "Thailand is aware of the global shifts in power. The rise of Spain challenging the United States, the threat posed by the Congo to Sweden, and the decisive juncture that the United Kingdom now faces. These shifts are unsettling the world order that we've known for decades. But they are also an opportunity."

She paused, drawing a quiet breath. "An opportunity to reassess, reevaluate and redefine our relationships, not just based on power and influence, but on common values and shared objectives." She gestured with her hand, encompassing the world beyond the room, a world in flux, where the old certainties no longer held and new alliances were waiting to be forged. "As nations, we find ourselves on the precipice of a new era. An era where the success of one does not necessarily mean the downfall of another." Her eyes never leaving Fischer's, she leaned forward slightly, her voice dropping to a quieter, yet equally firm timbre. "We are all interconnected, Minister Fischer. A shift in the balance in one part of the world will inevitably have a ripple effect on others. We are not just observers in this drama but active participants. And what we do now, the decisions we make, they will echo through the decades to come."

She paused again, allowing the magnitude of her statement to permeate the room. The ticking of the clock on the wall seemed to keep pace with their heartbeat, marking the passage of these crucial moments. "Thailand," Mrs. Benniman resumed, her voice resolute and impassioned, "is prepared to navigate these complex waters. We are committed to maintaining peace and fostering development. We want to create an environment of mutual respect and understanding, an environment that encourages dialogue and cooperation. But we cannot do it alone."

The intensity in her voice matched the conviction in her eyes. She was not just an ambassador speaking to a minister. She was a representative of a nation, appealing to another nation. "Minister Fischer, Thailand extends its hand in friendship and seeks Germany's support. We believe in the strength of our collective voices and the power of our united action. Let us work together, navigate these uncharted waters together, and help shape the future of our world. Because, as history has repeatedly shown us, the true strength of a nation lies not in isolation, but in its alliances."

Her appeal hung in the air, each word echoing in the silence of the room, a plea for unity in the face of uncertainty. The final question now rested with Minister Fischer, marking the culmination of this intense and potentially game-changing dialogue. The world was indeed at a precarious juncture, and the decisions made in this room could very well influence the direction it would take.

Motziche

Motziche

Newcomer
Mar 27, 2023
Foreign Minister Fischer would listen intently to the Ambassador as she gave her speech, though an unusual plea on her government's behalf.
While known to be ever the optimist and dedicated diplomat in forging partnerships, a gut-feeling of suspicion grew within Fischer as questions arose into the nature of what the Ambassador was asking, especially against the backdrop of the current international climate.
"Madam Ambassador. I appreciate you taking the time to meet with myself. You're correct in saying that the global order is changing, and one's nation has to evolve in order to maintain a position in the new order that is arising.
Your wish for Thailand and Germany to cooperate to achieve and maintain global recognition is an admirable desire and request. On face value, we respect this proposal. When I consider what you've requested against the current international climate, however, I do find it rather concerning, if I'm being blunt.

Now, I confess that I do not know a great deal of the history of Thailand's foreign policy, but I am very aware that your government's presence has...lets say, been noticeably active outside of the confines of Thailand's traditional operational boundaries within the Indian and Pacific Oceans. I expect such quantity of activities would face controversy and even direct international confrontation.

You must understand, the issue I have here is that you have, more-or-less, asked us, one of Europe's greatest military and economic powerhouse, to blindly support your government in it's endeavors abroad. Endeavors we know very little of.

On issues where Germany and Thailand share a mutual stance and interest, we can of course explore cooperation when and if those situations arise. However, you haven't yet shared what in particular your government want's our support in - inflating Thailand's international status?
Come on, I'm not that naive. Look, you're pleading to a country that went above and beyond, at great cost and suffering, in the name of growing our international status.....So, you can't expect us to walk into an agreement with Thailand without knowing what the agreement is. For us to support your government abroad, you need to give me a lot more information just to start considering it.
What I find concerning though is how this came through as an urgent request. Under normal circumstances, a request for support and cooperation would be via the normal channels and protocols, but you and you're government insisted on an urgent meeting. What is so urgent that you need the support of my country?"

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Ambassador Benniman nodded, reflecting for a moment on the new context. The shifts in national governments across Asia and their ramifications were indeed significant, further complicating an already intricate geopolitical landscape.

"Minister Fischer," she began again, "Our global landscape is witnessing profound changes, most notably in Asia, where we have seen sudden and drastic shifts in the governing ideologies of numerous nations. The transition from a democratic Japan to an imperialistic form, for example, has radically altered the regional power dynamics. While these changes are internal matters for each nation, their ripple effects undoubtedly affect us all."

She paused, her gaze steady on Fischer's. "In the face of these changes, Thailand, as a major Asian power, finds itself at a crossroads. We are witnessing friends and neighbors transform, in some cases, into potential adversaries. It is an uncharted territory for us, Minister Fischer, and the stakes are high."

She took a moment to let her words sink in, then continued. "It's against this backdrop that Thailand seeks Germany's support. We are navigating through this new landscape, trying to maintain a delicate balance. We aim to protect our national interests while also promoting stability and cooperation in a region undergoing rapid change."

The Ambassador paused, shifting slightly in her chair. "Our immediate concern is how these changes might escalate into conflicts that could destabilize the region and beyond. The challenge is to engage these new governments in dialogue and foster understanding despite our ideological differences."

Her voice was firm as she outlined Thailand's position. "Thailand is committed to peace and stability, Minister Fischer, and we believe that diplomatic dialogue, even with governments we might not align with ideologically, is crucial to achieving this. We need Germany's support, both diplomatically and politically, to manage these changes and prevent escalation. We seek your help to mediate where necessary, to promote dialogue, and to advocate for peace and stability in the region."

Mrs. Benniman met Fischer's gaze squarely. "The urgency of our request stems from the rapidity of these changes and the uncertainty they bring. We're asking Germany to join us in navigating this complex and shifting landscape. Not as a blind supporter, Minister Fischer, but as a partner in fostering dialogue, understanding, and peace in a region at the cusp of a new era."

She took a deep breath, her expression earnest. "We are prepared to engage in transparent, constructive dialogue and provide all necessary information. We are committed to building a sustainable partnership with Germany, based on shared values and mutual respect. The question is, Minister Fischer, are you ready to embark on this journey with us?"

Motziche

Motziche

Newcomer
Mar 27, 2023
After listening to the Ambassador speak, Fischer would notice that his concerns were not quite addressed. He paused for thought as a moment of silence arose.

"Madam Ambassador. I am starting to understand the predicament that your government finds itself in and I do sympathize with your concerns. The world is changing, as it always is, and you're concerned that Thailand is going to fall behind, or even become a target. At the end of the day, it is a natural concern for any government to have.
I believe, Ambassador, that concerns such as these can become a political paranoia; a fear to stay relevant in global affairs. Left unchecked, this can develop into a hawkish approach internationally. This is why, rather than fear change and restructuring of the international order, we must embrace it peacefully. What your government may perceive to be a concerning development, we may see it to be an opportunity for growth.

What I do find interesting, though, is how you've referred to Japan as your example of negative development, yet you've come to us, Germany, for diplomatic support. I find this interesting as you've stated that Japan has transitioned from a democratic to an imperialist government. I see no evidence yet to suggest Japan has altered its political situation - it was a constitutional monarchy with a parliament and an imperial dynasty prior, and it remains so under the most recent government.
My government, however, has undergone the reform more in-line to what you have identified as a concern in your Japan example. It appears you are not as informed on our brief history, so I will quickly describe. We, Germany, have reformed from a parliamentary republic to a constitutional monarchy, with a central imperial dynasty and regional autonomous monarchies.
I just thought I had point that out. From what you have been saying, I find this to be puzzling yet somewhat humorous.

What you have successfully identified, perhaps inadvertently, is that our ideologies may not be as aligned as you hoped for; our national interests may not be mutual. I am okay with this. This is an expectation when engaging internationally.
I do want to stress that no government should be hostile to the principle of change. Governments, including yours and mine, must approach situation's and developments as and when they come. As I have already stated, on issues where Germany and Thailand share a mutual stance and interest, we will willingly explore cooperation when those situations arise.

After all that, I can agree to something you've said. I can support the principle of transparent and constructive dialogue through diplomatic channels. That is a basic of diplomacy which I expect every nation such subscribe to.
I do continue to find it odd, though, how you have requested an urgent meeting just to hear myself, Germany's most senior diplomat, support a basic principle of diplomacy. So after everything you've said so far, is there anything concrete you actually wish to discuss?"

Bossza007