STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Thailand to Sweden | Procurement of Multirole fighter plane

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
GQA9jBn.png

Thailand Ministry of Defence

To: Peter Hultqvist, Secretary of Defence

From: Chavalit Yongchaiyudh, Minister of Defence of Thailand

Subject: Procurement of Multirole fighter plane

Security Type: Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service
Dear Peter Hultqvist,

I am Chavalit Yongchaiyudh, Minister of Defence of Thailand. Our two nations have been great partners since the Swedish operation in South Africa. Thailand has been experiencing high and continuous development in its Armed Forces to keep up with the other armed forces in the world. Still, our country is facing an imminent threat to national security. There is a rebel organization in Thailand, and our intelligence network told us that foreign organizations support them.

In our effort to keep the security in Thailand, we decided to purchase 60 Saab JAS 39 D Gripen from Sweden. We would like to know if Sweden can sell us Saab JAS 39 D Gripen. We will be appreciated if the order is possible. I will be waiting for your reply.

Sincerely

Minister of Defence of Thailand
Chavalit Yongchaiyudh
Republic of Thailand

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Dear Chavalit Yongchaiyudh,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response to your correspondence and my utter dismay at the rebel organisation in Thailand which is clearly causing great concern for your government. I have instructed the Department of Defence, at my order, to ensure that we work closely with Thailand, whom we consider an essential ally, to support you and your government to the best of our ability through your period of investment and requirement.

Ordinarily the Saab JAS 39D Gripen is not sold on the international market and Sweden remains, to date, the only operator of this aircraft. We do however have the Saab 37 Viggen, an extremely agile combat aircraft available in strike fighter, aerial reconnaissance, maritime patrol, two-seat trainer and fighter-interceptor (made available exclusively for Thailand) variants.

I would be happy to remove all additional charges for the Saab 37 Viggen in any variant for Thailand thus only charging the basic production cost.

Regards,
Peter Hultqvist
Secretary of Defence
Department of Defence
Kingdom of Sweden

Bossza007

TOP SECRET
Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
GQA9jBn.png

Thailand Ministry of Defence

To: Peter Hultqvist, Secretary of Defence

From: Chavalit Yongchaiyudh, Minister of Defence of Thailand

Subject: Procurement of Multirole fighter plane

Security Type: Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service

Dear Peter Hultqvist,

Saab 37 Viggen is an acceptable offer. Great agility will benefit us in our strike mission. I thank you for making us exclusively for Thailand. I would like to know if Sweden could produce this Saab 37 Viggen with JA 37D upgrade. The JA 37D variant has avionics and software upgrades, which keep the airplane modern for service. Saab 37 Viggen is much cheaper than JAS 39D Gripen. The Air Force would like to purchase 40 more into account. A total would be 100 Saab 37 Viggen.

The Air Force also wants to know the final specifications of the aircraft. Thank you for your reply.

Sincerely

Minister of Defence of Thailand
Chavalit Yongchaiyudh
Republic of Thailand

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Dear Chavalit Yongchaiyudh,

I apologise for the late response whilst I awaited response from the Defence Business Administration to calculate the final costs. The production of the Saab 37D Viggen will cost $11,047,365.27 per unit, thus for 100 units it would cost a total of $1,104,736,527.00.

Production will begin immediately upon receipt of payment. Please note that Swedish sold equipment must not be sold/donated/transferred or otherwise adopted in any other means by or to any other nation without the expressed permission from the Swedish Department of Defence, may not be used in any hostile operations against the Kingdom of Sweden or her national interests abroad and must comply with international law and regulations adopted via the Global Assembly.

Transferring of funding for this project will be your declaration of agreement to the aforementioned terms, which will remain in place throughout the lifetime of the product.

Regards,
Peter Hultqvist
Secretary of Defence
Department of Defence
Kingdom of Sweden

Bossza007

TOP SECRET
Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II