STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

The Cost of Unity

Hyeon

Korean Empire
Feb 23, 2022
The unification of the Korean Peninsula had been welcomed with great excitement by both sides, for the first time since 1905 a government could claim full sovereignty over the entirety of the Korean Peninsula. Free or foreign influence whether it be from the Japanese, Chinese, Americans or Russians. A country capable of standing on its own two feet in the world. As the honeymoon period ended, however, it would quickly become clear just how divided the peoples of the North and South were. The former had spent decades being brainwashed into considering the latter were inhuman and that the democratic capitalist regime represented tyranny, while the latter got used to a different living standard and had their own prejudices about the people of the North. Southern decadence was a hot button issue in the North while having to pay for the North's upgrade to a modern economy was taxing the goodwill of the South. As competent as President Kim and his administration were, the young democracy proved incapable of withstanding the pressure of reunification much longer. Something needed to change, something that both sides could unite behind. A central figure to remind the people that they were all Koreans.

Somwhat uniquely for deposed monarchs, the Yi dynasty was still very popular on both sides. As the final line in the Joseon Dynasty that ruled until the occupation by Japan, many still felt a certain romance towards the royals. They represented the height of the Korean state and both communist indoctrination and experiences with democracy could not change that. Yi Yu-Mi especially enshrined the virtues Koreans looked for in a leader. Having gained the nickname of Warrior Princess due to her service in the ROK military she quickly became the favoured candidate of the Monarchists and from there soon the nation. Seeing the unified support from the people, many of the establishment parties fell over each other trying to gain favour of the likely future monarch. The 25-year old for her part had very little interest in ruling but her love for her country would let her agree to the many pushing her.

Citing a fundamental change in attitudes, justifying a re-evaluation of Korea's governing following the reunification with the North, the legislature passed a law calling for a plebiscite to decide on the establishment of the Korean Empire as a constitutional monarchy with Yi Yu-Mi as the Empress.

169dbbf059f2bd6e986bbaa457189717.png

Standing in Gyeongbokgung Empress Yu-Mi had a strange feeling in her stomach, she had been in the palace once before as a young girl when it served as a museum, but actually being here now as its resident was a completely new experience. She had never lived without luxury but this was on a whole new level. Her advisers had recommended sticking to more traditional clothing styles, and settled on an outfit that would best remind people of Korea's glorious past and cement her ascension from Warrior Princess to Warrior Empress.

Resolute she stepped outside her private chambers and onto the throne room where cameras and press had assembled to broadcast her message throughout the Empire and world.

"My people,

Through your divine right as the sovereign people of this land you have honoured me with the ability to serve you. For years serving the Korean state has been my distinct privilege and pleasure. Korea faces many challenges, the challenge to find common ground, the challenge to bring everyone up to the same standard, the challenge to integrate a people forced apart for decades by foreign powers, and the challenge to find our place in this brave new world.

While these challenges are many, we will succeed for the unity of the Korean people is a force of nature and like all such forces, they will always win in the end.

For his efforts to bring about this unification I want to especially thank President Kim, without his hard work this would not have been possible.

Now, we must move towards the future. I promise you that I will not rest until the ideals of the reunification have been achieved and the Korean people will no longer distinguish between north and south. I will work with all interested to bring harmony to this land and guarantee our safety against ever again falling under foreign occupation.

As a people that know the pain of war, famine, atrocities and foreign occupation the Korean state must act as an advocate of those oppressed worldwide. As such I commit that internationally the Korean Empire shall be a force for peace and protection of the weak.

Korea will obtain its rightful place in the world but we shall do so by uplifting others as well.

Thank you very much, I wish you all a great day. This strong and prosperous nation will last ten thousand years."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien