STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

The Iraq War Coalition Communications Center

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

Following from: https://modernnations.com/threads/coalition-communications-center.12618/page-6

Due to the amount of others in the call, those definitely involved in the conflict would be drawn into a separate video conference call, remaining private and encrypted.
@Owen
@Strix
@John
@Odinson
@Suvorov
@SM99

With everyone transferred to the conference line and retaining their privacy/encryption as it's not a new call, the British General spoke up:

"As of this moment in time, the Royal Air Force are positioned in Syria and we have an E-3 Sentry on a constant pattern with coverage over the Syrian Border. Any information this receives will be transmitted across the coalition for maximum awareness. Our 16 Air Assault Brigade are currently getting distributed between our Forward Operating Base and the main camp for our air assets. I'm to understand that Norway doesn't have any air support but if any is required, they can request it off the coalition and we'll ensure any requests are met. To summarize the current plan: There are two fronts, Kuwait and Syria. The Syrian Front has two areas it will be massing troops from. The eastern-central border with Iraq which will contain a combined division of US and UK Troops, this is where we will make our attack on Iraq from. Norway, supported by US Troops, are to pre-position in Northern Syria in which they will be able to go through the border, and start working south through Iraq. Of course, we have Syrian support throughout. Meanwhile, in Kuwait, we have the efforts of Japan, Australia and US Forces will be present too. The UK Government is currently discussing sending one of our carriers to the Gulf to support the operations in Kuwait and by extension, South Iraq.

The biggest challenge thus far has been the logistical means for transporting the masses of troops, the UK had just received its last of 1,495 vehicles in Syria to give an idea of how much is going on in the background.

In the meantime, the focus ought to be building up those troops and getting into position. With that in mind:

Norway and US forces in the North, providing the Syrian Government approves (@Strix ), would be best re-locating to Al-Maabadah. This would be a good position to muster for the moment and when all forces are ready, conduct the attack from the border near Rabia or Faysh-Kabur. Norway (@Odinson ) is in charge of control and communications for Northern Iraq / Syria.

US and UK Brigades are mustering at Deir Ez-Zur Airport, both forces will move and work through the Euphrates, going through western Iraq. Both US and UK Airforces can provide support to Norway if and when needed.

Joint efforts in Kuwait between Japan, Australia and the US. If we're able to focus on supporting Kuwait and pushing back Iraq forces, and move into Iraq from the South. I'd like Australia (@Owen ) to take command and control for the Kuwait / Gulf front.

Those in charge of their respective fronts, by all means, make any requests here for additional support or resources. Having these sector commanders ensures that we all have a priority.

To conclude the actions going forward:
- Norway and US troops need to muster in the North of Syria and let us know when ready, managed by an individual commander as specified above.
- UK and US troops need to muster near the western-central border of Iraq and let us know when ready. The first UK Troops will be arriving by tomorrow.
- Air Strikes and ground support to take place to support Kuwait Forces, managed by an individual commander as specified above.
- UK and US Air Support to provide aid to Norway as requested.

Please let me know if any questions or concerns."

All those involved in the call would also be given the command map: Coalition Command & Control

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"I will appoint Deputy Chief of the Air Staff, Vice Air Marshal Angus Houston to take on the role as Commander for Southern Coalition Forces. Brigadier Maurie McNarn is our Commander for Operation Falconer and will be subordinate to that commander, we ask the Japanese appoint a Commander to be subordinate to the Air Vice Marshal and Americans also appoint one specifically for American Forces in Southern Iraq. Angus will provide theatre-level command whilst the subordinate Commanders will provide specific commands for their forces. I ask that the current order of battle for Southern Forces be faxed over to the Air Vice Marshal. He will take the next flight to Saudi Arabia and will command out of King Khalid Military City, alongside the Brigadier. We ask that Air Forces for Southern Iraq be based out of KKMC. As for Ground Forces, we can either gather them there or if its clear enough, send them straight into Kuwait. What is the situation of Iraqi advance into Kuwait? How far are they and is it secure enough to land forces? (@Strix)"

Air Vice Marshal Angus Houston would be invited to the call and will join it once he arrives in Saudi Arabia.

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
Syrian Delegation:

General Mustafa Tlass, Minister of Defense, would enter the call. As the President and the Prime Minister were busy with other matters, the General would be assigned to accompany the Coalition in Syria's intervention on the conflict. Only a couple of men would accompany him in his office, high-ranking officers that were in charge of the country's military. After the door was locked, a secure connection would be made to the call. He would clear his throat before starting.

"Uh, in terms of the... 'transfer' for your forces to Al-Maabadah, I would be responsible for that. The name is Mustafa Tlass, Defense Minister for Syria. Our current forces are ill-prepared to accompany the assault towards Iraq, although in a few days' time, we would begin our restructure and hopefully mobilization. As for now, the Syrian Military will serve as a 'fall-back line' for coalition forces. We may be slightly disorganized, but we are currently holding the line on the border. As for the transfer of forces, I approve of this, and your forces may transfer as soon as you are ready. I do suggest to do it before or on the break of dawn, so as to not have a large effect on local traffic."

Kuwaiti Delegation:

General Shakir Khayyam Tawfiq, the Field Marshal responsible for the current Kuwaiti Front, would be appointed to the call. Being close to the frontlines and experiencing battles mere kilometers away, he would be selected to join in on the coalition's call. It would be around 9 pm on local time, the small metal hut being the make-shift headquarters for the general staff. He, along with other generals and commanders, would open the secure connection to the call.

"Gentlemen, we have lost Abdali and the eastern intersection to the Iraqis, although we have begun efforts to take back our lost territory. Both battles have been a Pyrrhic victory for them, and a major strategic victory for us. We are currently amassing forces to start a large counter-attack while they are recovering from both battles. We have received the support from our Japanese Allies although we would request that they dedicate a few of their brigades to the assault. According to my colleagues, we have achieved aerial superiority over Kuwaiti airspace, and our F-18s are more than ready to assist ground forces in taking down targets.

We, however, are concerned about the advancing Iraqis towards our eastern flank. Forward observers have noticed large amounts of equipment advancing towards Saudi Arabia, and, if not stopped as soon as possible, would bring a major thorn towards our fight against Iraq. This advance would heavily compromise our western flank, and we are not willing to advance into Iraqi territory if our borders are not secure. I would suggest putting Australian forces on flanking the advancing Iraqis from the east, hopefully regaining lost territory from our Arabian brothers. As for deployments, the city itself is secure enough for incoming coalition forces, and as we speak, the Japanese are disembarking. Any IBCM sites spotted by allied planes would be given high priority so that they may not disrupt our logistics."

Jamie Owen Odinson John Suvorov SM99

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
The Air Vice Marshal would join in from Southern Coalition HQ at KKMC in Saudi Arabia.

"General Tawfiq, I'm sorry but I'm afraid I don't understand you, east of Kuwait is the Persian Gulf? Do you mean the northern or western flank when refer to the eastern?

Anyway, regardless of the position. We need the Japanese to start advancing north towards Abdali and to secure Kuwait's northern borders alongside Kuwaiti Forces. We will be moving Special Forces and Air Force in in the next couple of days, hopefully enough to suppress any invasion of Saudi Arabia if we have the Saudi Arabian Army spearheading that defence. Whatever we do, we cannot let the Iraqis push into Saudi Arabia. King Khalid Military City is our staging point and command headquarters, it CANNOT fall. We need the Saudis to pull their heads in and start moving quickly towards their own border with Iraq. Once our forces start arriving, we will begin a push into Iraq to secure the Kuwaiti western border from attack.

Also Brigadier Maurie McNarn has now been promoted to Major General."

Strix SM99 Suvorov

Last edited:

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
Kuwaiti Delegation:

A detailed copy of the current battle map would be sent to the Australians stationed in King Khalid Military City. Subsequent copies would also be securely forwarded to the other coalition members. Officers would scurry around arguing on how to approach the current situation as General Tawfiq communicates with the coalition.

"Yes, I apologize, I meant the Western Flank. With Iraqi forces advancing to the south-west of Kuwait, we are afraid that we might be in a situation where we are duly surrounded. As such, I would suggest either Advancing and reclaiming lost Saudi Arabian territory from the south or starting a pincer movement with Australian or Japanese forces from Kuwait. I would assume that our battle map has been sent to your location, and this would hopefully clear up the fog of war. Our forces are unable to start the main assault unless the Japanese aid us with a few battalions. We may be able to deploy the 96th to Saudi Arabia if need be."

Owen Suvorov SM99 Jamie

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"What do you mean lost Saudi Arabian territory? Have the Iraqis invaded Saudi Arabia? If so how far in are they? Because that's a major thorn in our side if we need Saudi Arabia to be the launching ground. We might require the Japanese to repel the Iraqis from Saudi Arabia first and foremost."

SM99 Strix Suvorov

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
Kuwaiti Delegation:

"I have no idea whether the Saudis are actively cooperating with you, but as far as we've known through our F-18 pilots who decided to land there, there are massive troop movements to the north of King Khalid. We weren't able to get a clear image of what is going on, but it sure is suspicious. I am not saying this as fact, but as a precaution. I suggest you send in scouts or forward observers to see if the path towards Iraq is cleared of any hostility. We should assume the worst of any situation, and if the Iraqis did invade Saudi Arabia, seeing that the Iraqis have already declared war on them, we should take care of it immediately."

"Get eyes on the area as soon as possible, we need time on our side if we want to swiftly cut off the snake's head. And please establish contact with Saudi Arabia's troops, ask them if anything suspicious is going on. If not, we can proceed to stage a counter-invasion on Hussein, hopefully catching him off-guard."

Owen Suvorov SM99 Jamie

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Well I'm currently at KKMC and this is our planned air base. If what you're saying is true, we need to find a new air base to deploy and I need to relocate these Headquarters. It was also going to be our ground force staging ground. Right now we need INTELLIGENCE on Iraqi troop movements in Saudi Arabia and neighbouring areas of Iraq. Whoever has the capability to do that... (John) we need you to start doing that. If Kuwait has aircraft that can do recon, I would suggest flying them over Saudi Arabia and gather some intelligence for us. We cant gather intelligence until we have a base to station at and at the moment thats under threat, we we have a Catch 22 situation."

Strix SM99

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Gentlemen, I'm afraid the situation is getting more dire by the day. I'm at King Khalid Military City now and I can tell you we are under shelling by the Iraqi Forces. They have invaded Saudi Arabia and they've made it to KKMC. I'm preparing to evacuate along with my staff. RAAF planes are being diverted from here to an air base further south, King Abdulaziz Air Base in Dhahran. It's on the coast so if the Iraqis got close, we would shell them back to the stoneage. I'm preparing to leave KKMC by road heading easts to King Abdulaziz. Now I'm afraid if the Iraqis are now this far into Saudi Arabia they will continue advancing eastwards in Saudi Arabia to attack Kuwait from the south. It's only logical. I don't see them advancing all the way to Riyadh, the Saudi Arabian Army would hopefully tear it to shreds though they've failed to do that so far.... Once our planes arrive at King Abdulaziz we will start a relentless air campaign against the Iraqi Forces in Saudi Arabia. WE NEED TO REPEL THEM FROM SAUDI ARABIA, otherwise Kuwait is directly in the firing line. Once we secure King Abdulaziz we will proceed to moving in 1st and 7th Brigade to begin ground assaults. We have Special Forces arriving in Kuwait City soon and that's still on plan, they will remain in Kuwait City to provide defence to the city while we consolidate before proceeding to assist in the pushback of Iraqi forces by securing Iraqi ports. Right now our Navy is shelling Iraqi positions in northern Kuwait and providing air defence for practically all of Kuwait, so if the Kuwaitis are feeling confident enough I would tell them to start an advance south. We will relentlessly shell the Iraqis if they begin proceeding back towards Kuwait from the north.

Some Coalition help in getting the Iraqis out of Saudi Arabia would be appreciated."

Strix SM99 Jamie John Odinson

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
Kuwaiti Delegation:

"I'm afraid it's too late Marshal Houston.

Foward reports have confirmed a massive Iraqi assault coming from the south. Numbers are unconfirmed as of the moment, but it's stretching across the border. We cannot afford to lose Kuwait City. The only forces available to counter them immediately are 2 battalions. 2 battalions against what we suspect are full armored divisions. I would be giving the order to completely withdraw from our Northern frontlines and prioritize the defense of the city. We may repel them for the time being, possibly a week or so, but we can not hold for much longer. All we can do is delay the inevitable unless someone decides to step in.

I advise that the Northern coalition forces (Jamie Odinson John) begin their advance into Iraq as soon as possible, giving them another front to work on. I repeat, as soon as possible. Time is of the essence, and we cannot afford to wait around for another couple of weeks. Please give your input on the situation, and bring us the promise that you will bring the fight to their lands. I have seen the horrors of the previous war, and Kuwait cannot stand to be subjugated to Iraq once more.

Unless we get active military support from the coalition, Kuwait City WILL fall. I cannot stress this enough. We have no official response from Japanese forces as of now, so Kuwaiti forces are effectively alone to defend from such a massive force. We have started massive propaganda campaigns to hopefully incite civil unrest when Iraqi forces eventually have a couple of border towns under their control.

We expect them to arrive on the outskirts of Kuwait in roughly 8 to 12 hours from now. We will be pulling back, as staying here would be unwise. While we are giving the Iraqis free territory to claim, we believe it's the lesser of two evils. One of my Generals has a rather aspiring plan, however."

Another voice would be heard, considerably younger than the Field Marshal. While the Field Marshal and his colleagues were noticeably stressed on the dire situation, he was unmoving and gave a rather calm and collected attitude that contrasts the chaos within the small HQ.

"We could carry on the advance towards Basrah, and immediately secure the ports of Abadan. The Staff and any government official left in the city can retreat to the nearby Australian Task Force. Kuwait City may fall, but we can give one last push towards the heart of Iraq. With our unexpected assault, this may throw off current Iraqi plans and can open up Coalition forces to more access points into Iraq itself. I know I am suggesting that we let Kuwait City fall, but if we just hold off and defend Kuwait from her inevitable demise, we are doing nothing but eating-up time. Field Marshal, you said it yourself, time is of the essence, and if Northern Coalition forces aren't ready to venture into Iraq, I guess it's up to us to finish the job.

With this plan, the 35th Armored brigade would continue on with their current objectives, and head straight for Basrah. I could lead the assault if need be. The 15th, 26th, and the 6th would be called back to keep the port of Kuwait open. Ample supplies should be located in Basrah, and if we can beat the Iraqis there, we can create a pincer attack towards Abadan in coordination with Australian forces. Once ready, we can start harassing nearby cities.

In regards to the City of Kuwait situation, I advise that anything outside of the port should be no use to the Iraqis, ensuring that they need to fight to take hold of the Port. Any gasoline stations should be cleared out, and hardpoints established. While their numbers are large, we have the advantage of knowing Kuwait more than they do. We should resort to guerilla tactics behind their advancing lines while we're at it. Priority should be the Port, and the Airport next."

The Field marshal would chime in;

"Once Kuwait city falls, I would only have one request to the Coalition forces: Do not bomb or destroy any buildings or infrastructure belonging to Kuwait. I'm sure the Emir would think the same. While we are fighting against Iraq, we wish that Coalition forces would hopefully work with us rather than indiscriminately destroy civilian targets.

Odinson Jamie Owen John

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"At the moment our Air Task Group and Special Operations Task Group will be arriving to stop the Iraqi advance onto Kuwait City. The Special Forces will be landing in Kuwait and will start heading south and giving the Iraqis hell. The Air Task Group in Dhahran will start a relentless air campaign and hopefully it will be enough to make the Iraqis retreat from advancing onto Kuwait City. My command is that you pull your forces to the south. Any remaining Iraqi forces in the north will feel the shelling from the Maritime Task Group hard and hopefully retreat back to Iraq. We will begin the massive logistical task of getting 1st and 7th Brigades to Dhahran to begin a push up to repel the Iraqis from Saudi Arabia, but thats going to take some time, so you will have to rely on the Air Force, Navy and Special Forces for the time being before we get some ground muscle into the arena.

Your orders are not to retreat Kuwait City, our Special Forces and Navy Clearance Divers can secure Iraqi ports if need be. We will get there in time to defend Kuwait City and our Navy is already making sure no aircraft enter Kuwaiti airspace and any ground forces are bombarded. Our Air Force will be striking Baghdad if we can manage to get the Iraqis to retreat away from Kuwait and hopefully it will beat them up a bit. Now if you will excuse me... I need to get the hell out of here."

Strix

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I can confirm that US Naval forces have engaged and subdued the Umm Qasr Naval Base in Southern Iraq. We are about to disembark our forces into both Syria and Kuwait, with US Airforce 747s arriving soon.

General Tawfiq (Strix). I would like to set up a direct communication line between your forces on the ground and US forces - specifically Rear Admiral Simon Towner so that your forces can give real time updates on Iraqi movements - so we can commit to attacks from the air. We are about to dock our forces in Mina Abd Allah port. Our original plan was to commit to a naval invasion on the south coast of Iraq, however - with no official communication from the Japanese, we are going to place all of our forces into Kuwait to help defend Kuwait City."

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"I would like it if all US forces, both current and future is notified to me through our interactive map or through the comms channel, because I was completely unaware about Umm Qasr. We were originally going to capture that. The lack of communication from the U.S. is concerning, but I'm hopeful you will rectify it and let us know in full detail what your positions are. We would appreciate you move your forces into Kuwait and specifically on the southern and western fronts of Kuwait City, we're expecting the Iraqis to attack from there given their failures in the north and the observations we have out of King Khalid Military City. Our Special Forces are moving in and going to position themselves to the south of Kuwait City, so U.S. Forces can meet up with them there. Our Air Force should also begin relentlessly targeting positions out of King Abdulaziz Air Base shortly."

John

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"At the moment only the UK has a presence on the Syrian-Iraqi border, meaning no attack can take place on the northern front until US Forces are in position, whom have just begun their arrivals. British Forces are continuing to make their distribution but are focused on building up a presence on the southern flank of the Euophrates. Until we have the main bulk which is the American Forces, we're unable to commence our attack of Iraq. Norwegian troops are also dormant in Northern Syrian pending the same. Please could my American counterpart advise when their forces will be in position for us to move in Iraq?" (John ) "Until then, I'm afraid the focus is Kuwait. With that in mind, the British Maritime Group One has departed Diego Garcia and will be arriving over the next 24 hours. This will be able to provide additional air support where required, whether Kuwait or Saudi Arabia in the form of Harriers. They will be available for tasking as per orders from Australian or Kuwait Forces in the region." (Owen Strix )

"Realistically we need to be in a situation of coping without any form of Japanese Support, as of right now Syria is in deadlock until American Forces are ready and the UK is committing assets to the Persian Gulf to assist where possible and it seems that Saudi Arabia offering their help has done nothing but cause complication due to the inaction from their government. Giving us another front to be concerned about.

I'd like to suggest that whilst the infighting is taking place, that we re-route to the original plan which was Special Forces to infiltrate and capture, or eliminate, Hussein. This could potentially still be a shortcut to ending this conflict quicker."

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Norwegian forces at Kuweires Airbase are ready to deploy on a moment's notice. However, given the area on the front that we have been designated to occupy and that we have less than four-thousand troops, I think it would be logistical suicide to send our troops to the front without allied support. I'm happy to hear that British forces are arriving and that the Americans will be here soon. Until then, however, we will have no choice but to stay put. Our naval task force is prepared to deliver hundreds of ship-to-ground missile strikes in western Iraq - however we will need intelligence and coordinates in order to do so. If no such requests come in, we will simply use these assets once our troops get to the front and when they are engaged with the Iraqis."
Jamie
John
Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Our Special Forces have now arrived in Kuwait and are positioning themselves on the outskirts of Kuwait City to stop the Iraqi advance. Our Air Task Group has now also arrived at King Abdulaziz Air Base in Saudi Arabia along with our Headquarters and facilities at that air base are now open to Coalition forces. We have ground support there, we have Airfield Defence Guards, we even have a field hospital now also there. The Air Task Group are now beginning a relentless bombing campaign designed to push the Iraqis advancing to the south of Kuwait back, hopefully out of Saudi Arabia and back into Iraq. Our Special Forces and the Kuwaitis and Americans will help in that push back. The ones to the south of Kuwait are our PRIORITY. The northern front has been all but obliterated. Once we deal with them we can start the push up the Tigris/Euphrates Valley towards Baghdad.

As for capturing Saddam. He has got Baghdad under pretty good security. We don't even particularly know where he is and I'm not sure if we would be able to gather that intelligence."

John Jamie Strix Odinson

SM99

Junior
Feb 10, 2020
The Saudis would arrive.. quite late.

"On behalf of the Crown Prince, I would like to apologize for our absence. We have been caught with our tails between our legs.

To update all of you, as you may know, the Iraqis have invaded the Kingdom. They have taken bordering cities and a northern Airbase. We are trying to hold from Hail and KKMC, however an Iraqi strike at these positions is imminent. We are request air support as soon as possible to strike Iraqi positions within the Kingdom.

There is also something else.....

On the Crown Princes orders, just moments ago we have launched a DF-21 missile towards "strategic" targets in Bagdhad. We plan to initiate further strikes in the heart of the Iraqi capital. This should not come as a surprise as we had previously mentioned we will not hesitate to do such a thing if we are significantly pushed back."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"The UK Carrier Strike Group will be arriving shortly and ready to provide air support. If the Saudi Forces are able to provide positions that need this air support on, and the Australian Leadership agrees, the UK is happy to launch its harriers to support such.
I would like to think those missiles are against military targets but we don't have much intelligence on Baghdad at the moment in terms of targets.
Regardless, UK forces in the Gulf are now pending orders for the air campaign." Owen SM99

If the US could confirm when their deadline is to be troops ready in Syria to move into Iraq?" John

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"We've already began striking the Iraqi forces to the west of Kuwait, which includes those which are advancing on KKMC. They are the priority at the moment because if we don't stop them then Kuwait will fall and more of Saudi Arabia will fall. The UK has the go for air strikes on those Iraqi forces. We've already striked many of them and we will continuously provide updates on locations of the forces through our P-3C Orion aircraft. Our Boeing 707s will also be providing aerial refuelling to Coalition Forces. As I mentioned before, we've set up a field hospital at King Abdulaziz Air Base."

Jamie

SM99

Junior
Feb 10, 2020
"If KKMC falls they will have a direct route to Riyadh. Weve sent out more F-15SEs from Riyadh to protect the base.

In response to the British... We have our own intelligence."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien