STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

The Jerusalem Post

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Benjamin Netanyahu out as new government approved

Right-wing nationalist Naftali Bennett has been sworn in as prime minister, leading a "government of change". He will lead an unprecedented coalition of parties which was approved with a razor-thin majority of 60-59. Naftali Bennett will be prime minister as part of a power-sharing deal. He will then hand power over to Yair Lapid, leader of the centrist Yesh Atid, for a further two years.

“Reality is not waiting for us,” Bennett said. “The citizens of Israel expect us to quickly put together a leadership that will work for them regarding security, economy and society as we committed to do - and we will do so.”

Naftali Bennett, Israel's new prime minister, is a former commando and self-made tech millionaire who bills himself as further to the right than the man he replaces - Benjamin Netanyahu. Mr Bennett has long held ambitions to be prime minister, but his new role is remarkable given his right-wing nationalist party, Yamina, won only a handful of seats in the last general election. Despite his faction coming joint fifth, with seven MPs, Mr Bennett was propelled into the position of kingmaker, with his support vital if either of the two rival blocs competing for power were to be able to form a viable governing coalition.

Last edited:

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Isaac Herzog elected as Israel's next President

Isaac Herzog, a veteran politician and the scion of a prominent Israeli family has been elected president today, His father, Chaim Herzog, was Israel’s ambassador to the United Nations, now the Global Assembly before being elected President of the country. His uncle, Abba Eban, was Israel’s first foreign minister and ambassador to the United Nations, now the Global Assembly and United States. His grandfather was the country’s first chief rabbi. The role of President of Israel is a largely ceremonial role that is meant to serve as the nation’s moral compass and promote unity.

Isaac Herzog has served as head of the Jewish Agency, a non-profit organisation that works closely with the government to promote immigration to Israel, for the past three years since resigning from parliament. He was widely seen as the favorite because of his deep ties to the political establishment.

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Israel to mobilise thousands of troops on Gaza border

Minister of Defence Benny Gantz has today announced that troops will be deployed to border towns near Gaza and has said the Israel Defense Forces was on high alert. “Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman held an assessment session this afternoon on the situation over the Gaza Strip, together with the Chief of Staff, Head of Military Intelligence, Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories, and other security officials,” a statement from his office said.

Benny Gantz stated to reporters; "Troops will be mobilised to border towns and will be ready to confront ‘any scenario’ and will be used to 'deepen home front defence".

“It was decided to send a number of personnel in the coming days to the Southern Command and to continue the determined policy of thwarting terror attacks and preventing infiltrations into Israel from the Gaza Strip security fence,” the army said in a statement shortly after the announcement by the Minister of Defence.

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Prime Minister Bennett issues statement on Gaza incident

The Prime Minister of Israel has today addressed the ongoing situation between Turkey-Saudi Arabia-Israel on Gaza as well as the terror attack which occurred in the capital, Gaza City; he was joined by various officials from the Shin Bet agency as well as Israel Police.

"I would first like to address the people of Palestine and the horrifying terror attack which occurred in Gaza City earlier today and I would like to say that Israel had no part in said incident, we're currently investigating the incident and we stand with our counterparts in the Gaza Strip. An early indication given by security officials say that Hamas committed such an atrocity and we will do our upmost to ensure that such an attack does not occur within Israel.

I would like to also address the threats given by the Turkish Government, I am willing to come to an agreement with the Turkish President and I call upon a meeting with the President in a neutral location. Our troop buildup on the Gaza border is merely to protect those who feel threatened by Islamic terror in the Gaza Strip. I absolutely oppose the idea of a Palestinian state and I will do everything in my power to make sure they never get a state, I am however willing to work on the idea of Palestinians being recognised as Israeli citizens.

I will be waiting for an email from you President Demirel, I will however not bow down to the bullying and idiotic demands from your government."

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Prime Minister Bennett visits town amidst ongoing tensions

In a surprise visit amidst the Saudi Arabia-Turkey-Israel tensions on Gaza and Palestine, Prime Minister Naftali Bennett has visited the town of Sderot which is less than a mile from the border with Gaza to assess the on-ground situation himself. He was accompanied by Chief of the General Staff Aviv Kochavi and Shin Bet Director Nadav Argaman. It was also reported that Defence Minister Benny Gantz will visit another border town later today to review Israel's military preparedness in view of the bitter standoff in the region. The visit comes as sources close to the Ministry of Defence has said it is cancelling an operation to deploy troops to the Gaza border.

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

BREAKING NEWS: Benjamin Netanyahu returns to government months after being ousted as Prime Minister

Benjamin Netanyahu has negotiated his way into government becoming the new Minister of Foreign Affairs in a shock move just hours after being acquitted by prosecutors on corruption charges. The shock move also comes as Prime Minister Naftali Bennett is gathering the support of the Knesset (Israel's unicameral parliament) after being pushed by the leaders of Turkey and Saudi Arabia to stand down the Israel Defence Force who were planning to gather on the border with the Gaza Strip to maintain peace and security in the region.

Political analysts across the country are surprised at the move made by the former Prime Minister to join the cabinet of Naftali Bennett and Yair Lapid with many saying that the far-right views of both Naftali Bennett and Benjamin Netanyahu could spell disaster for any potential peace agreement between Israel, Turkey and Saudi Arabia with both politicians agreeing heavily on the Israeli stance of a one-state solution between Israel and Palestine.

"I am proud to come to a deal to join the government as Minister of Foreign Affairs and work alongside the many talented politicians across the political spectrum and I cannot wait to get started in my new role, especially with the difficult cloud of Palestinian affairs over our heads at this challenging time." read a statement issued by Benjamin Netanyahu on social media.

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Prime Minister Naftali Bennett addresses the country as tensions rise

"Good evening. I have chosen to speak with you this evening because we are at a decisive moment that will determine how our country will look in the coming period. I have come to address the country this evening because I received an email from the Turkish President which I was surprised at, I thought that he was a reasonable guy and wanted to protect the lives of Arabs across the region just as much as I do but he claims that I am using 'weak diplomatic summits' to weasel my way out of the true picture but you're wrong Mister President, things in our region are good, Palestinians are enjoying their freedom.

I would also like to address the recent terror attack in the Gaza Strip and the President of Turkey's remarks in todays email. Firstly I am appauled at what happened in the strip and I condemn any attack in the highest order but for the Turkish President to assume that it was committed by an Israeli citizen is just not acceptable whilst we conduct a thorough investigation between Israeli security agencies who are coordinating their response with my office and I will publish the investigation report once the agencies have concluded their activities. I would also like to point out that Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine as well as other parties operate within the region.

I am willing to come to a consensus with the Turkish President but I would like to work with him to further peace and prosperity within the region."[

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Prime Minister Naftali Bennett addresses the world regarding Turkey

"Good evening, I would first like to begin by expressing my disgust at the Turkish Government for harbouring an internationally recognised war criminal in P. W. Botha who contacted my government and declared that he was in exile in an undisclosed location within Turkey and decided that he wanted to set up in Israel which we temporarily accepted until his arrival on the ground in Israel where he would have been arrested. Upon accepting his invitation to Israel, P. W. Botha boarded a civilian airliner, namely a Boeing 747 from South African Airways with a civilian flight crew and cabin crew on board and proceeded to take off from an airport in Turkey and was shot down.

We have had debris wash up on the shores of Israel, namely flaps, engine parts and parts of the tail with visible South African Airways markings.

I call on the world to condemn this tragic innocent, although an internationally recognised war criminal was on board the civilian aircraft, the aircraft should not have been shot down.

I would also like to pass on my condolences to the civilian flight crew and cabin crew onboard the South African Airways flight and I would also like to pass on my thoughts and prayers to P. W. Botha's family and friends back in South Africa after todays tragic incident."

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

BREAKING NEWS: State of Israel to recognise State of Palestine in historic deal

Israel has recognised the State of Palestine in a landmark vote within the Knesset (Israel's unicameral legislature) after hours of discussions and uproar from all sides of the political spectrum. The deal also includes offering citizenship to all Arabs born and who currently reside in Israel.

"The conflict between Israel and Palestine can only be solved with a two-state solution," Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said during his address in parliament.

Prime Minister Naftali Bennett has announced his support of the Oslo Accords deal in 1991 and 1993, signed between the Palestine Liberation Organization and Israel, created administrative districts with varying levels of Palestinian autonomy within each area. Prime Minister Naftali Bennett has also extended an invitation to the State of Palestine's President Yasser Arafat.

The Palestinians have long sought to establish an independent, sovereign state in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem as its capital, and the Gaza Strip - occupied by Israel during the 1967 Six Day War.

Various polls show that Arabs in Israel in general do not wish to move to the West Bank or Gaza now that a Palestinian state has been created there.

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

State of Israel to invest billions of dollars into Arab communities

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance Avigdor Lieberman has announced plans to spend billions of dollars to improve conditions for its large Arab minority, which has long complained of being marginalised. Israeli Arabs descend from Palestinians who became Israeli citizens following the creation of the state in 1948-49. Many still self-identify as Palestinian or express solidarity with those living in the occupied West Bank and Gaza.

Minister Lieberman announced plans to invest $730 million dollars to tackle high crime rates in Israeli Arab areas whilst investing upwards of $5 billion dollars on improving employment opportunities and health services for Israeli Arabs, and investing in hi-tech and housing, as well as renovating ageing infrastructure and keeping a focus on Israeli Arab women's health and on making it easier for them to access jobs.

"The state will do its part, but the Arab community must be all in as well," said Minister Lieberman. "It will not be easy, but we must succeed."

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Unrest in Israel as machine gun fire heard across major cities

The Israel Border Police and elements of the Israeli Ground Forces have been deployed to various cities including Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa and Beersheba after anti-government protestors took to the streets armed with bats and metal poles calling for the resignation of Benjamin Netanyahu after allegations of corruption and mass spending. The sound of gunfire, explosions and stun grenades has rocked many of Israel's biggest cities as checkpoints have been set up across many cities with arrests being made and suspects held in detention.

The main square in Tel Aviv has turned into a conflict zone, complete with burned out vehicles lining the streets as armed police officers and soldiers line the streets to counter the threat posed to public buildings and government offices. Assets of the Israeli Ground Forces have formed a cordon in the upmarket Rehavia area of Jerusalem which houses government offices and the home of the Prime Minister who is said to be meeting with government ministers and advisers to bring an end to anti-government protestors

Deputy Commissioner Gil Wassermann urged residents to stay in doors as the Border Police and Ground Forces conducted operations to bring an end to the anti-government violence.

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Government approves $1.5 billion dollar development of Eilat

Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett has presided over a special cabinet meeting in Jerusalem on Monday morning where he announced a one and half billion dollar development for the city.

“These are not promises, this is immediate money,” the Prime Minister declared, enumerating projects for health services, transportation infrastructure, tourist centers, development of sea-based food technology, and a railway line from the center of the country to Eilat. The development plan was formulated by Prime Minister’s Office Acting Director General Ronen Peretz in cooperation with Tourism, Transportation and Road Safety, Agriculture, Economy and Industry, Environmental Protection and Defence ministries.

The funding was announced after a sitting of the Knesset (Israel's unicameral legislature) in which Finance Minister Alex Kushnir lead the government's response to the Saudi Arabian-led military strikes in Eilat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear