STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

The Jerusalem Post

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Israel elects second-ever female Prime Minister

The centre-left Zionist Union political alliance has swept to a landslide victory in the latest Israeli election, clinching a historic seventy-four seats in the one hundred and twenty seat parliament. Prime Minister Merav Michaeli becomes Israel's second ever female Prime Minister with the political newcomer stating she was "ready to begin modernising and lifting the country up" after a turbulent few years. The former journalist, TV anchor, radio broadcaster and activist celebrated with her family and supporters in the city of Petah Tikva. The new Prime Minister is due to appoint her cabinet which will focus on issues of unemployment, internal security, defence and the economy which were at the forefront of the new Prime Minister's agenda.

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Israel Defence Force makes history naming first-ever female Lieutenant-General

Brigadier-General Orna Barbivai, deputy head of the army’s Human Resources Directorate, has made history today as she becomes the Israel Defence Force's first-ever female Lieutenant-General and will become the new Chief of the General Staff. The appointment was recommended to the recently appointed Prime Minister who accepted the recommendation whilst announcing "There is no rank that is too heavy for a woman’s shoulders."

The appointment has been praised by many across the political spectrum because the new Lieutenant-General has taken a stern approach to operations in the West Banka and the Gaza Strip and is expected to follow in her predecessors footsteps.

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Israeli Knesset elects Tzipi Livni as Israel's next President

In an election held by the Knesset Plenum on Wednesday, by secret ballot, veteran politician Tzipi Livni has been elected as the next President of the State of Israel after receiving 82 votes. Shortly after being informed of her electoral victory, she said: “With a sense of awe and great excitement, I accept the Knesset's choice of me for the post of President of the State of Israel. I would like to thank each and every one of the Members of Knesset for the trust you placed in me. I accept the weighty responsibility you have laid on my shoulders and the privilege to serve the entire Israeli people in this lofty post."

She is known for her efforts to resolve the Israeli–Palestinian conflict and is described as the most powerful woman in Israel since former Prime Minister Golda Meir.

The powers of the President of Israel are generally equivalent to those held by heads of state in other parliamentary democracies. The president signs every law (except those that pertain to the president's powers) and international or bilateral treaties approved by the Knesset. In addition, the president endorses the credentials of ambassadors and receives the credentials of foreign diplomats, appoints the Governor of the Bank of Israel, the State Comptroller upon recommendation of the Knesset House Committee, members of the Council on Higher Education, the National Academy of Science, the Broadcasting Authority, the Authority to Rehabilitate Prisoners, the Chief Rabbinical Council, the Wolf Foundation, the president of Magen David Adom, the president of the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities, and ceremonially appoints the Prime Minister. The president also has the power to pardon or commute the sentences of both soldiers and civilians, and ceremonially appoints judges to courts, including the Supreme Court, after appointment by the Judicial Selection Committee.

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear