STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

The Reluctant King

Logan

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
The Prince Sovereign walked through the cathedral, his uniform hanging lightly on his shoulders, a royal cloak weighing heavily on his mind. He'd not chosen this as his vocation in life, and in fact had refused the kingly crown at first, thinking himself ill-prepared for the trials and tribulations of kingship, and far too young to take the seat of power. Nonetheless, the 24-year old Army Sergeant had been chosen by the Archbishop for specifically this reason, and through his noble blood and military bearing, had been appointed by the Regency Council. He had scarce absorbed the solemnity of the moment when he whisked to Capitals of the various duchies and to small towns across France, listening to the plights and joys of his people, and even less time elapsed between his tour of the country and the beginning of his Royal Duties. Though he had yet to be crowned King, he had already begun the hard duties of putting together a royal council and carrying out his duties as the monarch of France.

"Your Highness, I don't understand, what is you problem with-" The Archbishop of Strasbourg was cut off nearly immediately.

"Your Grace, I fail to see why this ceremony has to be so overblown, just reserve some seating for the Nobility and for visiting dignitaries, open part of the Reims Cathedral to the public, and hold a special mass, I don't need the pomp and circumstance that the British give their royals," replied the Prince Sovereign

"Your High, such a humble cere-" this time, it was the Duke of Paris, a metropolitan through-and-through and heavily concerned with the nation's prestige and appearances.

"No. None of your talk about appearances and how we must show off our wealth and stature. The leader of the Church's eldest daughter cannot comport himself with more pomp than the prince of the Church Himself. Now, if you'll excuse me-"

"But your High-"

"For the last time, no."

With that, Henri Severin gave a humble bow to the Archbishop before taking his leave of the conversation.

"I don't know how I'll ever get that boy to my side," said the Duke, to which the Archbishop merely replied: "You won't,"

He paused for about 10 seconds, "and that's why the Noble Council anointed him above all others."

Logan

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
After a long mass said by the Archbishop of Reims in the Reims Cathedral, the Prince-Sovereign would have a contingent of Knights enter, followed by monks carrying the Sainte-Ampule and a rather humble yet regal coronet. Following the archbishop singing the Litany of the saints, the Prince would step forward and be asked to take the Coronation Oath:

"I solemnly swear the following:

First, that I shall serve Christ above all, striving for peace and justice for His church and all Christendom.

Second, that I shall strive eternally for true peace and justice for the French People, both at home and abroad, and that I shall take care and concern for their wellbeing.

Third, that I shall enjoin equity, mercy, and charity in all judgments and all decrees.

Finally, that I shall serve to my last breath the French People, home and abroad, that they might enjoy prosperity."

The Archbishop would pronounce the following prayer over him:

" God eternal, All powerful, Creator and Governor of the Heavens and the Earth, Maker and Disposer of angels and of men, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Thou who madest Abraham Thy faithful servant to triumph over his enemies, who hast raised to the highest in the Kingdom David, Thy humble servant, and hast delivered him out of the mouth of the lion, and out of the paw of the beast, and likewise from Goliath, and from the malicious sword of Saul, and from all his enemies, and has enriched Solomon with the wondrous gift of wisdom and of peace, forgive and accept our humble prayers, and multiply the gifts of Thy blessings on this Thy servant, who with all humble devotion, we, with one accord, choose for King, and we beseech Thee encompass him evermore, and in all places with the right hand of Thy power, so that strengthened by the fidelity of Abraham, possessed of the patience of Joshua, inspired with the humility of David, adorned with the wisdom of Solomon, he may be to Thee ever pleasing, and walk evermore without offence in the way of justice, and henceforth in such wise succour, direct, guard and uplift the church of the whole kingdom, and the people belonging thereto, may he administer with puissance and right royally the rule of Thy power against all enemies visible and invisible, may he not abandon his rights over the kingdoms of the Franks, the Burgundians, and of Aquitania, but aided by Thee inspire them with their sometime loyalty so that made glad by the fidelity of all his people, and provided with the helmet of Thy protection, and ever guarded with the invincible buckler, and compassed about with the celestial armies, he may happily triumph over his enemies, cause the infidel to fear his power, and with joy bring peace to those who fight under Thy banner. Adorn him by many a gracious blessing, with the virtues with the which Thou hast enriched Thy faithful ones aforesaid, counsel him richly in the government of the kingdom, and anoint him plenteously with the grace of the Holy Spirit, etc."

Finally, he would take the Ampule, administering holy oil to the Prince's Forehead before saying,

" I anoint thee High King of France with holy oil in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit."

The Archbishop would then pronounce another prayer asking the king be granted good counsel and Protection, before placing the coronet upon the King's head and the sword Joyeuse into his outstretched hands. A pair of knights would then place around the king a royal blue robe adorned with golden Fleurs-de-Lys. The King receded with the Knights, Archbishop, and Monk before being received by a crowd outside of the Reims Cathedral.

The entire mass and ceremony were broadcasted around France and the tapes were distributed to the international press.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear