STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[UAE] Call to Australia

Mansoas

United Arab Emirates
Sep 24, 2021
Sitting at his desk, Prime Minister, Vice-President and Emir of Dubai, His Excellency Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum, would make a telephone call to the Australian Foreign Ministry in the hopes of discussing diplomatic relations, trade and defence cooperation. As per protocol, the call would be classified and the line encrypted.

Owen

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
The Ambassador to the UAE, John Hines, would pick up the phone and make sure it is encrypted and classified.

"Hello Your Excellency, John Hines here, how are you?"

Mansoas

Mansoas

United Arab Emirates
Sep 24, 2021
"Good Afternoon Ambassador Hines. I'm good, thank you. I trust you're well? I'm telephoning to discuss bilateral relations and trade opportunities. Is this a good time for you to talk?"

Owen

Mansoas

United Arab Emirates
Sep 24, 2021
"Well firstly I would like to get straight to the point and explore the trade of goods between Australia and the UAE. I believe we have much to offer the Australian markets, such being mineral fuels (oil & gas), gems & precious metals, plastics & plastic articles, aluminium, electrical machinery & equipment. Are these something that can be of interest to you?"

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Yes that is something that interests us, oil and gas is a necessary product and luckily the UAE has quite the supply of it. At this current time we do not have a merchant navy to trade with, but if the UAE does we would be happy to set up routes with UAE ships coming to Australia with goods and picking up goods to take back to the UAE. Currently we export Iron Ore, Beef, Gold, Coal and Wool. Let me know if there's anything there that interests the UAE."

Mansoas

Mansoas

United Arab Emirates
Sep 24, 2021
"Yes, that's something we can accommodate; we're happy to use our merchant fleet. For us, we're most interested in Iron ore and beef products.
What port would be used for the trade on your end, and at what regularity would be most suitable for you? We would prefer a weekly transaction but we are more than open to a less frequent exchange should you prefer."

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Iron Ore can be most suitably exported from the Port of Dampier or Port of Port Hedland in Western Australia. Beef you're more looking at Queensland ports such as Brisbane, Gladstone, Mackay, Townsville. You can make it as frequent as you like. Keeping in mind there are some fees associated with ships entering Australian waters payable to the Australian Maritime Safety Authority."

Mansoas

Mansoas

United Arab Emirates
Sep 24, 2021
"Ermm....fees you say? Tariffs you mean? Considering our merchant fleet will take on the responsibility of what would be that of the Australian merchant fleet in this trade and incurring the extra costs that come with that, I'm sure that we can come to a mutually beneficial arrangement over these 'Australian waters fees'."

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
“Not tariffs, fees to maintain the Australian Maritime Safety Authority who ensure maritime safety regulations are met and also provide other services such as environmental protection and search and rescue across a wide region. They are minuscule, should only cost you a few thousand dollars annually.”

Mansoas

Mansoas

United Arab Emirates
Sep 24, 2021
"It may be 'minuscule' Ambassador, but in principle it's not very fair is it. Not when we're taking on the responsibility of both sides of the trade and by doing so dedicating two additional cargo vessels and saving your government millions in not having to acquire a merchant fleet to operate the mutually beneficial trade. I only ask that you acknowledge our generosity and how unfair it is to insist that we pay yet more out of our indebted pockets."

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"We will have our own merchant fleet come into operation and double the amount of trade between our nations when it becomes operational. Every ship who docks into an Australian port has to pay these fees, including domestic vessels. The fees are explained in this pamphlet: https://modernnations.com/threads/australia-australian-maritime-safety-authority.21633/. Essentially you have Marine Navigation Levy to provide lighthouses and other navigational aids, Regulatory Functions Levy to ensure we can provide regulation and compliance to all vessels, Protection of the Sea Levy to ensure we can maintain environmental protection over our marine space and Shipping Registration Fees because every ship needs to be registered with AMSA. This is reduce the cost to the Australian taxpayer by ensuring a "user pays" system for Maritime Safety functions."

Mansoas

Mansoas

United Arab Emirates
Sep 24, 2021
"I see. In that case, if it is the difference in agreeing to a trade agreement, then I shall approve the payment. But I will only agree on the condition that your merchant fleet will assume responsibility of transporting Australian exports to the UAE when it becomes operational. If you agree to this, then I shall have the paperwork sorted and funds for payment transferred as soon as possible."

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Yes that's perfectly fine, please let us know what ships you are using, their frequency and what they're transporting and transporting back and we will let you know what ports to use."

Mansoas

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Your excellency, the situation with Turkey is deteriorating. We need full access to UAE airports, air bases and ports for logistical purposes as needed. I would also be on high alert for Saudi Arabia to do something. We can't tell what we're planning but we can tell you that they are on the move."

Mansoas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II