STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

United States | DoD Message to Korea

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

QT5ehQ7.png

1024px-United_States_Department_of_Defense_Seal.svg.png

MbziiaN.png
[TR][TD]

OFFICE OF
THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

TO: Park Hyun Jin, Minister of National Defense of the Republic of Korea ( Jay )
FROM: John Glass, Secretary of Defense of the United States of America

Minister Park Hyun Jin,

Please keep the following information confidential and only within the highest levels of your government. I'm sure that you would agree that the situation in Russia has become critical. Right now, the United States is implementing some of its strategic plans to ensure the defense of the United States and other democratic nations around the world. I am writing to request to your government that, if the United States were to have a fleet in the Sea of Japan, the Korean government permit it to replenish at one of your blue water ports. Please let me know as soon as possible if your government will be able to accommodate this request.

Respectfully,

John Glass
Secretary of Defense
[/TD][/TR][/TD][/TR]

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

2560px-Flag_of_the_Government_of_the_Republic_of_Korea.png

1280px-Emblem_of_South_Korea.png

2560px-Flag_of_South_Korea.png

To: John Glass < Odinson >

Subject: [Confidential] RE: East Sea Operations

Security: Private and encrypted Protected by the NIS and MoND MI4
Dear Secretary Glass,

We have been discussing the situation in Russia here in Seoul as well. A civil war would be devastating to the Asian-European region in a multitude of ways. With regards to your planning, you can consider, as a strong friend and partner to the United States, we will assist your naval forces as needed to ensure their missions in the East Sea are as successful as possible. Including replenishment at our naval ports and providing auxiliary services as needed. I hope that your Government will continue to keep us to date on your plans as well as actions to be taken. I would offer our main naval ports responsible for the East Sea, primarily the Naval Base in Busan and Donghae.

Signed with sincerity,
Park Hyunjin
Minister of National Defense
Republic of Korea

Republic of Korea
Ministry of National Defense
All information is protected from release by the Diplomatic Communications Security Act 1997
Authorized viewing is limited to those directly emailed, cc'd, and bcc'd​

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

QT5ehQ7.png

MbziiaN.png
[TR][TD]

OFFICE OF
THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

TO: Park Hyun Jin, Minister of National Defense of the Republic of Korea ( Jay )

Minister Park Hyun Jin,

We are thankful to hear that your government will be willing to allow our fleet to replenish in Korea if necessary. I understand that the Korean government is not prepared to host American forces at this time. However, in case future events change your government's mind, I ask that your Ministry choose a location that would be appropriate to host approximately two-thousand Marines (and possibly more). While this may not be necessary, it is always better to be prepared. Again, I ask that this information be distributed to as few people as necessary. Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

John Glass
Secretary of Defense
[/TD][/TR][/TD][/TR]

Last edited:

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

Dear Secretary Glass,

We are happy to cooperate with our friends in Washington and hope that the deployment of US Forces will not be necessary and the situation simmers. We will discuss possible sites to host US Marines, however, I can not guarantee any confirmed US ground presence on the Peninsula. Regardless, please be assured that these conversations are extremely confidential and are being discussed between us will be shared selectively amongst those of our National Security Council and Joint Chiefs of Staff. This presence would require a status of forces agreement and approval by our National Assembly. However, we are ready to accommodate your needs as the best of our circumstances allows us.

Should a presence be required by circumstances outside of our control, we would be happy to discuss a status of forces agreement and arrange for a deployment of US Combat Personnel and their needed equipment. Does your Government have any intelligence regarding an active threat to Korea from the Situation in Russia that I can pass to our National Security Council?

We could additionally discuss hosting US Marines through an exercise between the ROK Marine Corps and their American Counterparts. In these situations, joint coordination would regardless be a useful asset for our forces. Additionally, how many ships should we expect to arrive for replenishment so that we can have appropriate supplies. With regards to the potential Marine deployment would this include heavy equipment such as surface to air missiles, armored vehicles, tanks, amphibious assault crafts, etc...? So that we may examine potential bases for use. Lastly, what extent is the US committing itself in the event fighting escalates in Russia. Would the US be using Korea as a staging area for a potential amphibious assault into Russia's Far East?

Signed with sincerity,
Park Hyunjin
Republic of Korea

Republic of Korea
All information is protected from release by the Diplomatic Communications Security Act 1997

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

QT5ehQ7.png

MbziiaN.png
[TR][TD]

OFFICE OF
THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

Minister Park Hyun Jin,

While we presently do not have any information on whether or not the fascist or communist factions in Russia intend on making an incursion into Korea we do know that they pose a threat to Korea and the world at large. Presently, your government should expect a Carrier Battle Group with twenty-six ships. I cannot yet specify what ships make up this CBG, other than that an aircraft carrier is among them. In the event of a worst-case scenario, which would be a direct invasion of the Korean Peninsula, the United States is prepared to send three divisions (90,000 troops). We hope that this will not be necessary. At this time, we only plan on having a small force of 2,000 Marines in Korea - this initial deployment will not include any major assets or vehicles. This all of course may change and if it does I will notify you.

In the event that the United States enters into a hot war with the communist and/or fascist factions of Russia, Korea would presently be our only option to have a staging point into Russia. We hope that it does not come to this, and we do not plan on forcing this scenario, but in the end it is possible. With that being said, we would not send ground forces across the Korean border to Russian territory without the permission of your government. However, if the United States found itself under attack, we would of course reserve our right to withdraw our forces from the peninsula and do whatever we deem necessary with them.

In regards to the political situation in Russia, the White House is formalizing a plan to categorically condemn the communist and fascist factions presently operating illegally in eastern Russia and Siberia. We are garnering support from nations of the Free World so that this can be proposed jointly. This international proclamation will not provide recognition of any faction as the legitimate rulers of Russia - it will simply condemn the communist, fascist, and possibly other secessionist movements that are west of the Ural Mountains. If your government is interested, I can send over our proposal.

Respectfully,

John Glass
Secretary of Defense
[/TD][/TR][/TD][/TR]

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

Dear Secretary Glass,

As the respective civilian chiefs of defense alongside our uniformed militaries, we take actions based on the circumstances imposed on us by others. Thus, we are open to discussing through our armed forces scenario planning pertaining to a direct invasion of the Peninsula or an attack on US Naval Assets in the region. In the event that the conflict becomes active for either of our countries. Although not bounded to each other defense through any formal agreement, it is equally in our interest that the fighting does not spread and assist each other.

If the Carrier is larger than a Nimitz-class carrier, we may have an issue with a port capable of holding it. At the moment, our Busan Naval Port can host the Carrier Strike Group in batches to ensure no accidents occur. Tug services and other needed support will be provided by the ROK Navy and local maritime officials as needed.

We would be happy to support a diplomatic solution in any fashion. We do however, believe, that finding an amicable peaceful solution is in our all parties interest, especially the Russian people. With winter coming, any offensives will be costly, resource draining, and cause a major humanitarian crisis. Avoiding a humanitarian crisis is our primary objective at this stage early on. I know that the President hopes that the international community can work with neutral intermediaries to convince the extreme factions to lay down their arms and agree on a political consensus to return authority to the legitimate government.

If your office can share the proposal, I will raise it at our National Security Council meeting to happen in the coming hours. However, the ROK's current position is supportive of the legitimate government of Russia, the Russian Federation, until a time in which the Russian people change their government through their own free will. Any other faction is in the eyes of Korea, illegitimate and if attempting to push near our borders will be dealt with accordingly as deemed appropriate by our relevant and appropriate officials.

Our primary goal is to ensure that Korea does not become prematurely involved in any acts of hostilities. With a land border and access to soviet-era arsenal, these factions may boost a wide array of military equipment and poise a significant risk to our civilian centers, economic interest, and stability. If you have any positions you wish to clarify, I will be certain to reflect them accordingly with our national security council.

Regards,
Park Hyunjin
Republic of Korea

Republic of Korea

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

QT5ehQ7.png

MbziiaN.png
[TR][TD]

OFFICE OF
THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

TO: Park Hyunjin, Minister of National Defense of the Republic of Korea ( Jay )

Minister Park Hyunjin,

While the fleet will be considerably larger, only two Supply-class vessels will need to dock in order to replenish food, water, and various fuels. It would be preferable for us to be able to also dock an Amphibious Assault ship and allow the Marines to disembark until such a time arises where they may be needed. However, if your government is unwilling to host the two regiments of Marines, we understand. I can confirm to you, under strict confidence, that President Gore is considering declaring a quarantine on the communist and nationalist factions in Russia - especially the city of Vladivostok. In the eyes of the federal government, it would be unacceptable for any nation to provide material aid to those two factions in particular. If the Republic of Korea would like to participate in this operation with us, someone higher ranking then me is prepared to contact the Blue House to iron out some of the finer details. Also, I am waiting to hear back from the White House and my colleagues at the State Department - I will have the proposal for you soon.

Respectfully,

John Glass
Secretary of Defense
[/TD][/TR][/TD][/TR]

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

Dear Secretary Glass,

Thank you for the clarifications. Our naval bases in Busan, Donghae, and Pohang will be able to provide docking support for two supply-class ships for resupply. We do need a definitive answer which port your country will be using as well as radio frequencies to use to communicate with the specific ships on their arrival. Will any of the vessels apart carrier strike group be entering Korean waters?

With regards to the two regiments of Marines, a more formal agreement is required. A Status of Forces Agreement must be signed before we permit a deployment of ground troops of a foreign country in our country. This would be the terms of their deployment. Without this, we could not consider a deployment of US Forces in our country. If you government is willing to discuss a Status of Forces Agreement for the deployment of the Marines, we could send our proposal for review.

With regards to the naval quarantine. We hope to discuss this in depth through our governments. The primary questions the President would most likely have would be, would this quarantine be a blanket blockade of all seafaring vessels into the Far East, or would it be a selective blockade. While we support the intents of a quarantine, our Government would be far more supportive of a naval inspection zone. Which, ROK and American vessels would inspect cargo shops entering the port in Vladivostok. With winter hitting hard this year. Blocking the flow of basic goods reaching the Far East would have catastrophic consequences on the civilian population. With 8.1 million people, I think you can see our hesitancy.

With regards to the political proposals. Our Foreign Minister can be contacted to review it and provide our views.

Regards,
Park Hyunjin
Republic of Korea

Republic of Korea

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Vice President Sinclair stepped out of a brief meeting in the Oval Office with President Gore and then walked over to his office that was located in the West Wing. He took a seat behind his desk and informed his secretary to make a call to the Blue House in Korea. His secretary made a secure call to the Blue House and would inform the staff there that Vice President Sinclair was requesting to speak to President Kim, or the highest-ranking civilian authority available. Once someone was ready on the other end of the line, Vice President Sinclair would pick up the phone in his own private office, which was also a secure phone line.
Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Inside the Blue House, President Kim watched the screen as the ROKAF MiG-25 left Russian Airspace. Completing its mission and uncovering important intelligence. President Kim thanked the Chief of Staff of the Air Force and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. The Uniformed Staff and senior military officials remained in the room to monitor the mission as the MiG-25 returned to base.

President Kim returned to his office with his civilian and some military staff as they met to discuss the information. The partially built cruise-missile capable long-range submarines were of concern. Continued monitoring would be needed. President Kim thanked them for their counsel as they left the room and he sat in his chair. Staring out into the window as he thought of how things would move going forward. He was still particularly said regarding the situation in Argentina.

Argentina had been one of Korea's close friends. Hoping to carry that vision forward of developing the countries like Korea victims of colonialism and imperialism. Moving forward would be difficult in these waters, but, with friends the President hoped for a better 21st century. He watched the news in Argentina closely as he looked for anyway to help the government is possible.

His Secretary would come in to inform him that a call was coming from the White House. President Kim sighed on his last thought as he picked up the phone secured by the ROK Government communication infrastructure. He looked up at the secretary who told him it was the Vice President, and with that the President would speak.

"Hello Vice President Sinclair. I hope you are doing well."

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Mister President," Sinclair said as he sat back in his leather chair and sighed, "thank you very much for taking my call on such short notice. President Gore would be making this call, however he is seeing off the British Prime Minister from the White House. Because this information involves the national security of both of our nations, he felt it was urgent that I contact you as soon as possible. Our Secretary of Defense, John Glass, and your Minister of Defense, Park Hyunjin, have been in discussions about the deployment of an American fleet to the Sea of Japan. President Gore instructed me to inform you that our fleet has been recalled and will be returning to the Atlantic for other operations. This of course comes after the situation in Russia has calmed down, and it luckily looks like there is a unified government again. With that being said, if the threat returns, we will be ready to help defend your country from oppressors.

"The President and the Secretary of Defense also asked me to thank you and your government for your willingness to work with us and your respect of your secrets. Because the situation has died down, I can tell you that the President was preparing to order a blockade of Eastern Russia in order to prevent other nations or groups from rendering aide to the communist and fascist Russian factions. This would have been a risky move and may have provoked a response from the communists or fascists, but our world has come too close to destruction over those evil ideologies to allow them to get a foothold in Russia again. It gives me hope that the Russian conflict did not turn into a full-scale war. I hope that the years to come are peaceful," he noted.

"I also want to thank your government for its patience in regards to my meeting with the Vietnamese Vice President. Rest assured we still want this meeting to happen. However, the situation in Russia did delay things. I hope that very soon we will be on track again. Thank you to your government for opening up a place in your country for us to potentially have a peaceful discourse. I see a bright future ahead for our nations. In the meantime, please let me or the White House know if there is anything that our government can do for your repeated acts of generosity and friendship," the Vice President added.

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Thank you for calling. I completely understand the President current commitment. I am glad to hear of the regrowing US-UK relations. Alongside the US-Spanish alliance, I am hopeful that the United States will return and play a strong role in global affairs." The President would take a sip of the glass cup of water on his desk. "Yes. I have been informed by Minister Park on the discussion on the deployment to the East Sea. We are glad to hear that the situation has calmed, we hope that the situation has improved as opposed to merely devolved into a quiet war. We will continue our monitoring of our border area, should the situation change, please be assured we will let you know

Thank you for the explanation on the purpose of your deployments. It does add a level of clarity and understanding. Unfortunately, the Russia crisis has shown us the deep faultiness in our international system. It has also unfortunately put my views on certain global partners into a different perspective on their selfish and disengagement. I hope I can speak honestly with you when I say that I have lost much confidence in the Global Assembly and international partners. Not that of the United States, however, I have seen that many countries only engage in international affairs at their own self interest rather than global good.

While we may hope the years to come will be peaceful, we must contend that we are not equipped with the tools to bring about peace. We lack global cooperation, we have nations taking unilateral action, and we have states interfering in each others affairs. I hope you will forgive me if I have transgressed any boundaries, however, I have to say that I am not particularly reassured of our community of nations. Though, I am happy to have the US as a friend, and I hope you share that sentiment with Korea.

I look forward to day when we meet in person alongside Vice President Nguyễn. I do hope it will be an occasion in which we can see genuine benefit to the people of Vietnam and the United States. We have a proverb here in Korea Vice President Sinclair. Even a sheet of paper is lighter when two people lift it. I hope together we can continue to make decisions in the benefit of global cooperation."

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
If there was nothing else to be discussed, Vice President Sinclair would bid President Kim farewell and inform him that he very much looked forward to meeting him in-person in Korea. Indeed, there was a large amount of potential for a strong relationship between the United States of America and the Republic of Korea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadebecoolwoof