STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

United States | Statement from President Gore on the Mediterranean Troubles

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
1xhgJv0.png

"Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States," said the Press Secretary. All of the reporters in the press briefing room stood up as President Al Gore walked in from a side entrance and entered the room. Cameras began loudly chattering as he set down his leather portfolio on the podium and opened it. The last time he was standing in this place was when he made his remarks on the Columbine High School shooting. The only people allowed in the room were of course the President, White House Staff, and designated members of the White House Press Corps.

"Good morning... Today, the United States Congress has passed House Joint Resolution 105-11, which is an authorization for the use of military force in the Mediterranean Area. What this means is that Congress has authorized me to, in my capacity as Commander-in-Chief, deploy United States armed forces to Europe and the Middle East. As we speak, a United States fleet is arriving in the region which has a very important mission: enforce peace. I have spoken with the United States Ambassador to the Global Assembly, representatives from the State Department, as well as some of our allies and friends in Europe. A number of recent events have led to instability in the Eastern Mediterranean region. These events are not be the fault of any one state, but instead a perfect geopolitical storm so to speak. That is why I am asking our friends in Turkey, Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and other states in the area to halt and asses what has happened and what can happen if things devolve further. Next, I am asking the governments of those countries to join the United States in calling for a cessation of hostilities and a general cease fire. So far as I can tell, and the State Department has been able to determine, few attempts have been made in the diplomatic sphere to cool things down. This is unacceptable, especially as we approach the end of the 20th century which has seen so much unnecessary blood shed because leaders could not sit down at a table and talk out their differences instead of sending young men to die in their place.

"Effective immediately, the United States is declaring a no-fly and no-sail zone for the next 96 hours in all of the international waters of the Mediterranean Sea east of 33 degrees East and south of 34 degrees North as indicated by this map beside me. The United States Navy will intercept all foreign military aircraft and military vessels that enter this airspace and waters for the preservation of peace in the region. To be clear this does not extend to the territorial waters of any nation. As of now, the Navy has already begun armed patrols of the area. I have ordered this measure because it has become apparent that a full scale conflict would break out otherwise. To help facilitate peace talks, I ask that the Global Assembly begin the process of organizing a peace-keeping task force so that there is an international presence in the area. To be clear, we are not taking any side except that of preventing war.

"In the meantime, the United States will be inviting representatives from Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey to conduct peace talks. It is my hope that the leaders of these nations, some of whom I know have wisdom beyond my own years, will agree that war is not the answer. The State Department will be making further announcements about the situation in the Mediterranean. Thank you."

President Gore stepped down from the podium and returned to the Oval Office where he began writing a letter to his colleagues on the other side of the world.

jV2SKwN.png

Map of no-fly and no-sail zone (not including territorial waters of nations).​

Axis12
VBCFan
Thomas R. Jones
Zak

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member