STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[US]: Phonecall to the UK

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
President Bill Clinton would pick up the phone and, through an encrypted line, call the Prime Minister of the UK.

@Jamie

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The President would put the phone down, chosing the situation in Russia to be more of concern.

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
The President, and if not available, the next highest position would receive a return phone call. Considering it a missed call, the Secretary of State, Taylor Heart, waited patiently to see if anyone would pick up.

@John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
President Bill Clinton would once again pick up the phone, after the call was transferred through by his aide, the line would be encrypted.

"President Clinton speaking, How can I help?"

@Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Oh, Hello Mr President" spoke the British Delegate, surprised to have gotten through to the President himself. "Good Afternoon, I am the Secretary of State for the United Kingdom. I was actually just returning your call, I apologise for missing you originally. The Prime Minister was and still is stranded in another meeting I'm afraid.
However, I have it from the proper authority to negotiate on behalf of Her Majesty's Government. How are you, Mr President?"

@John

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Certainly.." he paused, having thought he mentioned his name originally. "My name is Taylor Heart, new to the Governments Cabinet for Prime Minister Evans. I was actually hoping to get in contact with yourself regarding relations between the UK and US before we had received a call."

@John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Nice to speak to you Mister Heart. I'd like to kick off this discussion by asking your opinion of the coup that has happened in Russia? As I'm sure you're aware the United States has already came out and said we do not agree with it"

@Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
(Sorry for delay. As you know, Hollie has been in hospital)

"It's a... uhm.." there was a gentle pause "It's of understandable concern. Russia is of course classed as a major player amongst the International Community and to become subject to a coup provides an insight into the lack of stability it holds. We're also not sure what those who carried out the coups intentions are long-term. It's a very uncertain position, but we've refrained from making any public statements and opted to remain less of a voice to Russia directly but it is quite the worry. Especially so soon with a new government that is referring to the Soviet Union. I'd prefer not to see a return to the Cold War. May I ask your policies regarding the sudden change with Russia?"

@John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We currently have no foreign policy regarding the rise of communism in Russia. Until 1991 we adopted a containment policy, which as I'm sure you're aware was to stop the spread of communism from Russian influence. However when the Soviet Union fell, that policy was abandoned. I believe that it is possible that policy may need to return"

@Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Possibly.. have you had any communication with the new Russian Government since the coup had taken place? And, more interestingly, do you think they are going to be considered a threat to others or whether this government is changed?"

@John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Yes, I spoke with the interim President and he was very... cold. I believe this could be a return of a communist threat."

@Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Naturally we should all be cautious. We may be pleasantly surprised. Do you have any procedures or plans in relation to the threat or do you intend to sit it out and see what transpires?"

@John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We currently have no plan, however we are thinking of a proposal to reintroduce the containment policy"

@Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Very well. If you'd like to keep me up to date on any developments and of course, we'll share anything from our side.
With that in mind, this would be a good opportunity to discuss potential friendship between the UK and US, and by extension, cooperation if this is something you would be keen on engaging in?"

@John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I will keep you in the loop. And of course, it was the reason for my initial call until everything went up in smoke. It was Churchill who said, at the onset of the Cold War, that the US and the UK has a special relationship. I have always agreed with him and will continue to do so. I think a friendship between our two countries would be very beneficial for the world"

@Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Perfect. Thank you" smiled the Secretary of State. "I would have to agree, especially in these uncertain times. Exploring relationships and creating bridges, not burning them, is a big priority and something we look forward to doing. I think the best, initial step, would to actually discuss a number of potential trade routes between the United Kingdom and United States if this is something you're open to discussing? We have a number of goods we'd be keen on exporting, and undoubtedly you have an equal number that we, ourselves, would be interested on importing into the United Kingdom."

@John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I think trade would be the best thing to start off dicussions, can you tell me what the UK can export to the US?"

@Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Perfect. Our top set of Exports is Machinery, Cars, Precious Metals, Pharmaceuticals and Organic Chemicals. If you'd like to verify what you are interested in receiving? If you could also please confirm your own exports?
Ideally I'd like to see a number of trade routes opened, not just one or two but at least four going each way if this is viable for yourself."

@John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We would be interested in all of those things to be imported to the US. In return, we can export , Foodstuffs, beverages and animal feed, Crude Oil, Civilian aircraft and aircraft engines, Auto parts, engines and car tires and Passenger vehicles. And multiple trade routes definitely sounds that it would be the best thing to do"

@Jamie

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear