STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[US]: United States Stories - An Explosive Morning

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Officer Hector Ibarra and his superior, Sergeant Dan Charles, were sat in the Ford Crown Victoria Interceptor enjoying a coffee from the Dunkin Donuts north of Central Park. They would be parked on the 79th St. Transverse, talking about recent events around the city. They were patrol officers, from the 22nd Precinct in Manhattan and had been partnered for the last three weeks so had grown accustomed to one another, despite the Sergeant's racist views towards Hispanics. Although it was coming to the end of winter and the air was beginning to warm, light rain would still be falling around the city.

"Remind me again, Ibarra. Where are you from again?" The Sergeant said, in a calm manner.

"My family is originally from Brazil, Sergeant. But I was born in Newark" Ibarra replied, a little annoyed at the Sergeants question. He had only left the Police Academy six months ago and was fairly new to the precinct.

"What brought them to Ame-" His question would be cut short by a call coming over the radio.

"All units in or around Central Park, we have a possible 10-72 in progress near the Daniel Webster Monument"

As the call came through, Sergeant Charles turned the key in the ignition and started the car, whilst Officer Ibarra picked up the mouthpiece for the radio. "Dispatch, hold us down on that call. We're two minutes out."

"Roger that car 2-3-3, additional officers enroute"

Whilst all this was happening, Sergeant Charles had began driving down the Transverse and had turned left onto West Drive as he turned on the lights and sirens and sped down the road.

A few moments later, they arrived at the monument and left their vehicle. Officer Ibarra drew his Smith & Wesson Model 4506 from the holster that sat on his hip, whilst Sergeant Charles drew his Smith & Wesson Model 5906, it wouldn't be long before they saw what was going on. People speed walking away from a man pacing backwards and forwards, clearly distressed, as he held a pistol in his hands. The man was middle-aged, around the mid-40s and was wearing a light gray suit. As the two officers approached cautiously, they'd ready their weapons by pressing off the safeties on them. They were soon close enough for the man to be able to hear them clearly. "Sir, put the gun down" Officer Ibarra blurted out as they stood still, the man turned to look at them. He began to look my distressed and worried as he spied the officers, he stopped pacing and began looking for an exit route. "Sir, put the gun down!" Sergeant Charles re-iterated Officer Ibarra's initial command, this time it was barked and a little harsh.

"Y-y-you stay back!" the man shouted as he back to take steps backwards. "I'm warning you!" The gun was held tight in his hand, but it was clear to the officers he didn't know how to use it.
"Sir, if you do not put the gun down, we will have to use force!" As Sergeant Charles once again barked this, more sirens could be heard as another two Ford Crown Victoria Interceptors arrive at the scene, this only making the man more panicked. The officers from the other two cars would begin clearing the scene of civilians, Officer Ibarra grabbed the radio that sat on his shoulder. "Dispatch, I think we're going to need a negotiator down at Daniel Webster Monument."

"Roger that, Negotiator enroute"

Officer Ibarra's hand left the radio and it returned to his weapon, however, the man thought that Ibarra was raising his weapon to shoot, and soon lifted his own weapon. He managed to get off three shots before any of the officers had a chance to respond. Sergeant Charles manages to raise his gun first and return fire to the male, two of the rounds he shoots hit and the man goes down. Screams could be heard as people who were watching the situation run away from the gunshots. Once the man hits the ground, Sergeant Charles begins to move forward to make sure he is subdued, turning his head to make sure Ibarra was following his lead. However, that wasn't the case, as Ibarra was lying in a pool of his own blood, after one of the rounds shot by the male hit him in the neck. "Oh fuck!" The Sergeant exclaims as he rushes to his partners side, grabbing his radio. "10-13, 10-13! Officer down! I repeat, Officer down!" the Sergeant grabs Ibarra by the neck to try and stop the bleeding. Out of Metropolitan Hospital Center, EMS Station 10 would deploy two of their ALS Type III ambulances towards central park.

Five minutes later, the Ambulances would arrive at the scene. The Paramedics leaving their vehicles and grabbing the equipment needed from the back, one team would go towards the man, whilst the other would go for Officer Ibarra. The two paramedics would kneel down by his side, and begin to work. A Sphygmomanometer would be attached to his arm by one paramedic, as the other begins to check his neck. She'd note that he wasn't breathing. "There's no exit wound, I think the bullet is pressing on his trachea."

"We're gunna have to intubate" The other paramedic would respond. The two would nod to each other as she reaches over to the kitbag and grabs the Laryngoscope handle and intubation tube. Using the handle to open the mouth, move the tongue and open the airway. She slides the tube down into the airway and into the lung, meanwhile the other paramedic had grabbed a stethoscope and was listening for lung sounds. "You're in" he says, as she pulls the inner tube out and attaches a bag to it. "I'm going to grab a backboard and gurney" The female paramedic says, as she stands up and runs to the rig. The backboard would be on top of the gurney as she wheels it over. The three of them would take the backboard and slide it underneath Ibarra, before lifting him onto the gurney. The male paramedic double checks the wrap around his neck, whilst the female paramedic takes over the bag. He gets wheeled into the rig and is sped off to the Metropolitan Hospital Center.

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89