STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Vietnam:] The Vietnamese Embassy Crisis

Joe

Junior
Aug 4, 2018
At approximately three o'clock on Friday afternoon in Hanoi, a well-dressed man would enter the Chinese Embassy. He was in his late 40s, possessed an odd gait, and in his left hand, a leather briefcase that was handcuffed to his wrist. He shook the rain off his hat, hanging it on the rack. After all, despite the warmth, there was still a thunderstorm outside. The man closed the door to the embassy behind him, effectively shutting the occupants of the embassy from the outside world.

He had planned his escape well. So well, in fact, that it was rather anticlimactic. He had spent the better part of his morning printing out folders and folders of documents, stuffing them all in a briefcase and shredding what he didn't need. When he was done, he simply logged out of his computer and left the building, telling his assistant that he was heading off to lunch at one of the more quiet restaurants in Hanoi. No one questioned him. When he shrugged off his usual driver and instead wished for a taxi, no one had questioned him. When he stepped into an unprotected taxi with a driver that had undergone no form of background check or security clearance, no one had questioned him.

When counterespionage inspectors realized that a high-ranking Military Intelligence Directorate had printed out projected Vietnamese Ballistic Missile sites, military plans, and priceless data regarding Vietnamese infrastructure, someone had gone to the restaurant to question him... and when he was not found to be there and had not even shown up at all, the Directorate immediately put out an arrest warrant for him and the cab driver.

But, it was too little and very much too late.

The man walked up to the front desk and smiled softly at the receptionist.

"I work for the Military and Civil Intelligence Directorate in Hanoi," The man said. "Please, notify your supervisor that I am here and that I wish to defect."

@Fairhold

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The receptionist tired of life in general would take a good look to the man, eyeing him up and would respond.

"Sure." she would call the Ambassador, to which he would come out of his office to see the man.

"Hello..." he said while looking at the man and the briefcase.
"Defect why?"

Joe

Junior
Aug 4, 2018
Being a taxi driver in Hanoi was quite lucrative, Huyen had decided. Despite having a house to worry about, a family of six to feed, and a car to maintain, it was at least a steady business. Huyen was rather giddy. One of the best spots to drive around and pick up customers was at the government district, where the rich and wealthy worked. He had dropped off a diplomat earlier at the Chinese embassy and the diplomat, in all his gratitude, had tipped him quite well. A crisp 50 US Dollar note. More than two week's worth of driving... just for one customer! It was a rather good day to be-...

Huyen's head snapped forward as the car in front of him immediately slammed on the brakes in moving traffic, causing the front of Huyen's car to crumple inwards. Immediately following that, a car behind him slammed into it, crushing the trunk and preventing any form of escape. A black van with tinted windows squealed to a stop to the left of the car, the door rolling open before it had even come to a halt. Masked men, eight, poured out, pointing assault rifles at the taxi from every angle. Dazed and confused, Huyen raised his hands. Had he been speeding?

One of the Vietnamese Counterespionage Inspectors from the Military Intelligence Directorate stepped up to the dashboard window and smashed the glass into pieces with the butt of his rifle. After pushing glass out of the way, the masked Inspector grabbed Huyen by his shoulders, hefting him over the destroyed front hood of his car. Huyen was a rag doll in the Inspector's hands, unable to do nothing but simply go along for the ride. The Inspector raised a fist and landed a blow on Huyen's face, breaking his nose with a satisfying thwak and shook him.

"Where is he?" The Inspector demanded.

"W-who?" Huyen moaned.

"Your last customer! You picked him up in the Government District and dropped him off. Where is he!?" The Inspector asked, slamming Huyen's head off the hood of the car with a thud. "He carried a briefcase. Where is he?!"

Despite seeing stars, Huyen suddenly remembered.

"Chinese Embassy... he wanted to go to the Chinese Embassy. Please don't hurt me!" Huyen begged.

The Inspector immediately let him go, reaching for his radio. "He went to the Chinese Embassy! Code Red, Code RED!"

The man gestured to the briefcase, looking to his watch. There wasn't much time left. The counterespionage units at the Military Intelligence Directorate were nothing but thorough. They had probably already discovered his absence and sent someone to the restaurant. It wouldn't be long now until a city-wide manhunt was launched for him.

"Mr. Ambassador," The man replied politely. "I believe that I possess a plethora of information that your country would find... useful and be very grateful to you and I both for. But, if I were to hand them to you, I would need guarantees first, yes?"[/hr]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear